PDA

View Full Version : Vorpal Spells

Deth Muncher
2009-01-25, 02:05 AM
So, I'm kinda wondering, is there such a thing as a Vorpal Spell? Either some sort of feat to make all spells vorpal, or perhaps a spell that beheads people? I was just wondering, and I figured the collective conciousness of GitP would know.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-25, 02:09 AM
Wu Jen get a beheading scarf as a spell, forget what its called though

Alleine
2009-01-25, 02:20 AM
There's a psionic power called cranial deluge, and if it kills them their head explodes. Is that close?

Iethloc
2009-01-25, 02:26 AM
The first thing that came to mind when I read this thread's title was a Vorpal Fireball.

You could actually cast Fireball into someone's mouth. It can go through openings before detonating. Even better, use Delayed Blast Fireball and Time Stop to cram their mouths full of those nice, explosive beads. It's been done before.

Too bad Exalted wouldn't be relevant. There's a spell in that game called Flying Guillotine, and it's even better than it sounds.

BRC
2009-01-25, 02:28 AM
Too bad Exalted wouldn't be relevant. There's a spell in that game called Flying Guillotine, and it's even better than it sounds.

How is that possible...

Alleine
2009-01-25, 02:31 AM
There's a spell in that game called Flying Guillotine, and it's even better than it sounds.

Reminds me of the game Journeyman Project 3.

Beware the master of the spinning guillotine!
It was more like an alien disc with blades on it though.

MCerberus
2009-01-25, 02:32 AM
You could actually cast Fireball into someone's mouth. It can go through openings before detonating. Even better, use Delayed Blast Fireball and Time Stop to cram their mouths full of those nice, explosive beads. It's been done before.

It's too bad fireballs don't have any concussive force. It takes away from the loads of fun/cheese.

Iethloc
2009-01-25, 02:36 AM
They're concussive when you add Explosive spell.

And Flying Guillotine does enough damage to decapitate anyone who's not a God, God-like, or extremely heavily armored. And it has a range of almost one mile. And it's cheap. As a bonus, when it decapitates someone, it wraps tightly around their neck to close it so there's no additional work involved to claim it as a trophy.

MCerberus
2009-01-25, 02:39 AM
Hmm I've never come across that one. If you were to gain immunity to fire could one use fireballs to fly around all silly like?

I miss out on all the fun stuff only having core books :smallfrown:

Kyeudo
2009-01-25, 03:25 AM
How is that possible...

It tracks its target down. :smallbiggrin: