PDA

View Full Version : The Great Playground IM Exchange

onasuma
2009-01-25, 07:08 AM
So, Ive had this idea floating around for a while, and Ive finally decided to see what you lot think. This thread is here to help people get to know each other on a closer scale. Get to know a playgrounder is great to find answers to huge numbers of questions, but no one ever really gets to know each other personally.

The idea is this:

Every person who signs up will be given one persons IM each week.

They then spend at least 15 minuets getting to know each other up to as long as they want.

The week after they get swapped around and you get to know someone else.

I hope this way we can get some of the people in the community who feel more isolated to get to feel more at home, get more confident members more friends and overall help more playgrounders get to know each other. Anyhow, if you get someone who really gets on your nerves, you've only lost 15 minuets.

So, now what you want to know is how do i get in on such a joyus and amazing idea? Its simple, either post your IM adress in this thread (feel free to mutilate it) or send it to me and Ill add you to the list. Every saturday, ill give you a new name until people get bored to death of this.

People thus far:

Onasuma
Rettu Skcollob
fredthefighter
sneak
atomized

Rettu Skcollob
2009-01-25, 07:13 AM
This seems like a great idea, I'll sign up. My IM is in my signature.

Fredthefighter
2009-01-25, 07:15 AM
What the hell, it will give me a chance to get to know people.
IM: [email protected]

potatocubed
2009-01-25, 08:06 AM
This sounds like a great idea. I'm not going to participate because I'm feeling distinctly antisocial at the moment, but I still support this plan to introduce 'outsiders' to the community.

Sneak
2009-01-25, 09:36 AM
I'll participate. Been feeling a little antisocial lately, and I'm not really too happy with that.

AIM: dangerousbiped

celtois
2009-01-25, 02:44 PM
I suppose I could participate.

[email protected]

onasuma
2009-01-25, 02:46 PM
Sneak, can i assume that your .com?

Anyhow, list updated.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-25, 02:49 PM
AIM: h0wupdohighknee
There's a zero in "h0w"
MSN, though I'm rarely on it: [email protected]

Sneak
2009-01-25, 03:00 PM
Er, .com? It's an AIM screen name, so it's just dangerousbiped.

I do have an MSN account: [email protected]. I pretty much never use it, though. Mostly because I know not a single person IRL who uses it.

Raistlin1040
2009-01-25, 03:04 PM
My Yahoo (Rarely used anymore) [email protected]

I have an MSN, and I use it often, but it's got my full name in it, so I'm not going to post it. If you want it ofr this, Onasuma, PM me and I'll give it to you, though I ask you don't put it up in public.

eidreff
2009-01-25, 03:05 PM
I'm on MSN [email protected]

I rarely use IM these days, but if anyone want to chat I'm happy to.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-25, 04:05 PM
Both AIM and MSN are in my profile. I'd love to talk with anyone who sends me an IM. *hugs*

detrevnisisiht
2009-01-25, 04:19 PM
I have an Aim by the same name as my screen name.

Phaedra
2009-01-25, 04:25 PM
I have an MSN account that I'm always on, and I'm happy to talk to any of you but my email has my full name, so PM me for it if you want to chat. :smallsmile:

Lyesmith
2009-01-25, 04:36 PM
Mine should be on my proile, if not, just PM me!

Deathslayer7
2009-01-25, 04:44 PM
to help with this idea. Here's a suggestion. Lot's of people have different accounts. So make sure to post the account name as well as the type of Im it is.

ex: AIm, MSN, Yahoo

Wfyda for AIM
[email protected] for MSN

Sub_Zero
2009-01-25, 05:05 PM
My msn is maraxus (at) hotmail.co.uk, sign me up :smallbiggrin:

blackfox
2009-01-25, 05:12 PM
Hm. Count me in. My AIM Name is on my profile; and I have a Gmail account of the same name.

FdL
2009-01-25, 06:25 PM
I don't see really why this is different from having our IM contacts in our profiles and adding whoever you really want.

But well, if anyone wants to chat, mine are in my profile ^^ Chat is good! I'm usually more on AIM.

Oregano
2009-01-25, 07:09 PM
My MSN addy is on my profile although I'm not very talkative, I used to be but meh, I don't go on all that often but if you want to add me I'll probably get around to accepting you at some point(but you're probably best off PMing me so I know who you are).

Felixaar
2009-01-25, 07:57 PM
I'm not on much any more, but you might be able to catch me on either MSN or Yahoo. If you want my adress(es) send me a PM.

Fostire
2009-01-25, 08:19 PM
Joined this thing and sent onasuma my msn address, but just in case anyone else wants to add it, it's in my profile (though I'm not really on that often).

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-25, 08:30 PM
Do want.

Aim: An Inch Is All
MSN: [email protected]
YIM: [email protected]

Jølly
2009-01-25, 08:46 PM
I'm bored so why not? :smallsmile:

yahoo = [email protected]
MSN = [email protected]

Coidzor
2009-01-25, 08:56 PM
Coidzor is Coidzor on AIM and Yahoo
[email protected] on MSN

Stupid of Coidzor, Coidzor knows... But... a Coidzor is a Coidzor and cannot do much else.

Coidzor even used to write Coidzor things, but that was under different, Coidzor-inspired name.

Probably could easily kill Coidzor just by searching for Coidzor. Le Sigh. :smallfrown:

Oh yes, Coidzor had forgotten what Coidzor wanted to ask of thread. What do people who are not Coidzor use their IM to do? Coidzor barely uses it to keep in touch with very few smatterings of old friends from school or communicate with people at school who are in their rooms.

wadledo
2009-01-25, 09:04 PM
I pretty much never use my MSN account, but I believe it's [email protected].
My AIM is in my profile, but for the uninformed, it's Wadledo.

sheepofoblivion
2009-01-25, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure I'd really have the discipline to talk to someone 15 minutes every day or something, due to a slight case of ADD and a ridiculously packed schedule, but my IM's are many...

skype - sheepofoblivion
AIM (I never use) - actually I don't even remember right now
MSN (preferred!!!) - [email protected]
yahoo messenger (eh...) - [email protected]
xfire (never use) - sheepofoblivion

anyone who wants to be chatted at, or chat (the first being different as I'll talk faster than some can respond (anyone who chats with me can acknowledge this fact) and the second being an actual conversation) feel free to send me a chat, but don't expect me to be there a lot...

The Neoclassic
2009-01-25, 09:21 PM
Sounds like fun. Sign me up.

My AIM screenname, well, is the same as my username. Creative, right? :smalltongue:

Ghastly Epigram
2009-01-25, 10:05 PM
Sure, why not. My MSN is in my profile.

Fostire
2009-01-25, 10:14 PM
Would this thing be starting this week or next one?

TFT
2009-01-25, 10:19 PM
Good idea, though one problem: Timezones. If you have people in different time zones, it hard to set up a meeting.

My IM: Catseye2121

Assassin89
2009-01-25, 10:21 PM
I have an AIM account: adwrensolignis
Do not expect me to be there that often

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-01-25, 10:29 PM
Hellz yeah! I'm in like something that's really in!

I'm in like Gwyn!

damn, that rhymes!

gwynapnud at teh hotmail.com

B-Man
2009-01-26, 02:23 AM
Sure, I'll bite.

Wait... I don't bite IM'ers... that often...

*ahem*

Let's start this again.

I am willing to partake in this event. I prefer that my AIM is used rather than my MSN though. Both are located in my profile regardless.

onasuma
2009-01-26, 02:28 AM
Wow, thats a large responce. Anyhow, at fdl:

The idea is to get you talking to people you wouldnt normally and get people who wouldnt normally talk talking. If you just added who you wanted, the goal of bringing new members to the community would be entirely overlooked.

Edit @ lord rod: Sign up for week one closes when i get home and names will be given out some time before friday.

Moofaa
2009-01-26, 03:16 AM
AIM: LSMoofaa

I work 3rd shift, so I am either on super-late when I am off work, or not on at all. EST time zone btw.

randman22222
2009-01-26, 08:56 AM
Uhh, sure, this sounds cool. My details are in my profile here.

Inigo Montoya
2009-01-26, 07:05 PM
In.

Yahoo: [email protected]

AIM: [email protected]

Noir_Cat
2009-01-26, 07:23 PM
Sounds like fun. I use meebo, so if I'm on one, I am on them all. I close at work, so I am usually on very late (USA Central time).

AIM: blueyedblkpanthr
Yahoo: [email protected]

Nano
2009-01-26, 07:33 PM
Bwaha. I'm game. :smallamused:

Nano pl0x, AIM.

Phae Nymna
2009-01-26, 07:44 PM
Oh bother, I like y'all enough.

[email protected]

banjo1985
2009-01-27, 07:18 AM
Meh, what the hey, I haven't added anyone new for a while.

MSN - [email protected]

Don't expect me to be on that much, especially on weekends, but I'm always happy to yack someone's ear off if I'm around. Onasuma will testify to that. :smallamused:

Vizen
2009-01-27, 06:48 PM
Sure, I'll sign up. I'm getting bored talking to my usual people.

[email protected] for MSN.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-01-27, 06:53 PM
Onasuma that's a great idea, but will time differences matter? If so, I'm UK (as you know)

My e-mail is apelord69(at)hotmail.co.uk

(replace (at) with @, I'm trying to avoid ad-bots)

Jimp
2009-01-27, 07:06 PM
Singing up. As Apelord said though, time differences might be an issue.

ghost_warlock
2009-01-28, 02:40 AM
I have yahoo! but I haven't logged in there for ages. ([email protected])
MSN is (creatively) [email protected]

I don't imagine this amounting to much, though. After all, it's all been there in the manual (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=7464).

Demus
2009-01-28, 04:31 AM
Sounds like fun. I'm in!

AIM: TheDemus

I'm most of the time, so send me an IM and if I'm there I'll answer.

onasuma
2009-01-28, 05:09 AM
Onasuma that's a great idea, but will time differences matter? If so, I'm UK (as you know)

My e-mail is apelord69(at)hotmail.co.uk

(replace (at) with @, I'm trying to avoid ad-bots)

Ive thorght about it, but actually, I doubt it will be an issue. My itp contacts, while most are uk, i have some in asia, some at each end of the states and two who i believe are from russia. I still see them online often enough. The fact we rarely speak (haruki, banjo and my werewolf group aside), is another issue.

Jimp
2009-01-30, 07:06 PM
Is this still going ahead?

Z-dan
2009-01-31, 06:58 AM
I'm up for this, and am more than happy to talk to anyone that adds me at any time (as shown by how I've added just about every person that's posted above me...)
my msn addy's: [email protected]

Solaris
2009-01-31, 07:14 AM
I'm game. I'm on rather frequently, though I'm on a wonky time zone - about seven hours ahead (?) of EST. I keep odd hours, so it's double the wonk. I'm usually on when folks're going to work or going to bed. My AIM is SPSchneppII, and I have no other IM services.
(Here's a hint: If there's Schnepp II/2 involved, it's me).

Castaras
2009-01-31, 07:14 AM
I only really go on Xfire and (sometimes) Skype now. Depends if you guys can be persuasive enough to get me to log on AIM, Yahoo, and MSN once in a while. :smalltongue:

Xfire: Castaras
MSN: lizzie-idiot_101 (at la la la) h/tmail.com
AIM: pieomancercassie
yahoo: Castaras.Lizzie

DraPrime
2009-01-31, 09:04 AM
I have an AIM account. It's called Biedrik. No, that isn't a completely made up world. It's a shortened version of my last name which is a Slavic monstrosity.

onasuma
2009-01-31, 10:07 AM
@ Jimp: well, im unsure. Alot of people seem to have said that it would just be better to have everyone add who they like from the list and leave it at that. Also, looking at how many people we've got, Im sure Im going to be in for alot of work, should we do it my way.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-31, 12:24 PM
So... we can just... IM people who we've seen around and might like to talk to? I'm shy; what if I bother someone who doesn't want to talk to me? :smallredface: [/HALF-SERIOUS WORRYING]

Sub_Zero
2009-01-31, 12:29 PM
So... we can just... IM people who we've seen around and might like to talk to? I'm shy; what if I bother someone who doesn't want to talk to me? :smallredface: [/HALF-SERIOUS WORRYING]

If someone didn't want to talk then they wouldn't be signing up in this thread would they? So it's probably safe to assume you can talk to anyone who gives their e-mail address here

Mr. Mud
2009-01-31, 12:41 PM
I have an AIM account. It's called Biedrik. No, that isn't a completely made up world. It's a shortened version of my last name which is a Slavic monstrosity.

DP! You have your account back?

Anyways, I have an AIM, that I'm most usually on, and a Windows Live...

AIM: Cornhusker776

Jimp
2009-01-31, 02:04 PM
Count me out then. I'm not a fan of posting messenger names/addresses openly like this.

onasuma
2009-01-31, 02:53 PM
Well, Im not saying one or the other is better. Im just saying more people seem to wish to lean towards the larger data base.

Jonesh
2009-02-01, 02:54 PM
Hmm, I'd love to sign up to talk to my fellow Playgrounders.
I use MSN, I'm signed in more often than not but I might be off for days at a time, my adress is at Gmail.com where my handle is simply "ylindh".
So I've a pretty short adress, put the pieces together and add me please, I love talking to new people. My computer at the moment is a bit of a bother, so I would prefer to not go through the process of adding lots of people, it's easier for my computer to just accept adds :smalltongue:

EDIT: Sweden here, so my timezone is GMT +1

Fostire
2009-02-01, 04:12 PM
@ Jimp: well, im unsure. Alot of people seem to have said that it would just be better to have everyone add who they like from the list and leave it at that. Also, looking at how many people we've got, Im sure Im going to be in for alot of work, should we do it my way.

I preferred the original plan. If everyone adds who they like, then they will only add people they already know and won't get to know new people.
Also, I'm too shy to just add people so the original plan works better for me.

Lorn
2009-02-01, 04:23 PM
Sure, what the hell.

MSN is philis_j [AT] yahoo [DOT] co [DOT] uk

No spaces.

Timezone-wise, I'm in the UK. Anytime is fine - I can easily find some space in my schedule at the moment, aside from the two weekends coming after this one :)

sheepofoblivion
2009-02-01, 05:00 PM
I preferred the original plan. If everyone adds who they like, then they will only add people they already know and won't get to know new people.
Also, I'm too shy to just add people so the original plan works better for me.

huh... the thing is that some people might not be able to go with a plan due to time issues, or just need a really, really flexible plan to go with (ex: me)