PDA

View Full Version : Improved Autofire [Feat, Modern]

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-06, 10:44 AM
Improved Autofire
You can make autofire attacks that are more difficult to avoid, but also more difficult to make.
Prerequisites: Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Dex 15.
Benefit: When making an autofire attack, if you hit AC 10, those in the area of your autofire attack must make Reflex saves against DC 15 + your Dexterity modifier, and they take no damage on a successful save.
Normal: Without this feat, those in the area of your autofire attack must make DC 15 Reflex saves to negate the damage.

Dhavaer
2006-10-07, 05:30 AM
I like it. I don't know if it's balanced (it looks like it is), but I like it.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-10-07, 07:26 AM
I've seen something like this already that added +5 flat to the DC and didn't make you have to roll higher. I don't think you need to change the armour class of the square you're hitting since autofire is useless at high levels anyway. I'd add in a high base attack requirement. You can still get this feat at level 1 or 3 quite easily. A feat like this should become available one autofire starts being too weak.

My personal favourite ability like this I made let you use your Perform (Dance modifier) as the DC for your autofire.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-08, 03:20 PM
I've seen something like this already that added +5 flat to the DC and didn't make you have to roll higher. I don't think you need to change the armour class of the square you're hitting since autofire is useless at high levels anyway. I'd add in a high base attack requirement. You can still get this feat at level 1 or 3 quite easily. A feat like this should become available one autofire starts being too weak.

I'll change the AC thing, but I don't see why there should be a BAB requirement. Even at low levels, a DC 15 Reflex save isn't all that difficult, especially with an above-average Dex score.