PDA

View Full Version : Age of Conan question

Jeivar
2009-01-25, 06:04 PM
Despite my solemn wow to never try MMO's again, I've started playing AoC, mostly because it seemed gratifyingly different, and due to a sale I'm playing it for pretty much nothing. I've gotten my barbarian up to level 17, and I was wondering what to do with my Feat points. I have absolutely no clue whether I should funnel them towards two-handed weapons or dual-wielding, since I can't see solid advantage one has over the other.

Any advice?

Innis Cabal
2009-01-25, 07:36 PM
Does anyone even play this MMO anymore?

Anteros
2009-01-25, 07:55 PM
I would assume that the original poster does. There's no need to be rude.

Personally I haven't played in a while, but I seem to remember that 2-handed weapons did better against the computer while dual wielding was designed for player vs. player.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-25, 08:09 PM
It was a general question really, not meant to be rude. Just surprised is all. It was supposed to be a WoW killer, but after it was released I heard next to nothing from it.

Pronounceable
2009-01-25, 08:09 PM
You should check their forums.

Does anyone even play this MMO anymore?

Yes, we do...

Khanderas
2009-01-26, 03:45 AM
It takes a while to get enough of a feel for the game to know where to put those points. I know I'm not qualified and the forums for the game is problebly the best place to put them.

While on the subject, I stopped playing because... well it felt severly unbalanced. Rangers killed everyone anywhere without any risk (or so it felt atleast, when I was repetedly owned by rangers 1/3 of my level, I asked around and it was "widely known"). Is that still true or is the game playable now ? (I think I got a necromancer up to level 35'ish....).

Driderman
2009-01-26, 02:34 PM
I played it, until I got bored of it. Just like I did with World Of Warcraft, City Of Heroes/Villains and Warhammer Online.

I'd say Age Of Conan was the best of those, with City Of Heroes/Villains as a close second.

As for the feat use, as I remember both 2-handed and dual-wielding were very viable options so it's mainly a matter of taste. Of course, that was in the early days of the game, it might have changed