PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Tempest Adjustment Advice

RMS Oceanic
2009-01-26, 06:00 PM
I was thinking of playing a Diopsid [Warrior Class]/Tempest, but I don't want to spend all my feats on the spring attack tree just for a capstone ability. My DM's letting me drop those feat requirements and replacing the TWF spring attack with something else. Can you recommend something else to replace it, and what base class(es) should I play?

Diopsid's important abilities:
+2 Con, -2 Dex, -2 Int
+4 Natural Armor
Gliding Wings (No falling damage, basically)
Two Primary Arms and Two Secondary Arms
- A primary and secondary arm can hold a two-handed weapon and gain the full benefits of doing so.
- A Diopsid can dual wield two-handed weapons and take standard two one-handed penalties.
- A Diopsid can wield a weapon one size category larger without any penalties.
- A Diopsid ignores the dexterity requirements for any feat with "two-weapon" in its name.
Can't wear heavier than light armour without large penalties.
Monstorous Humanoid
Immune to Sleep
LA +1

For the record: My DM has ruled that Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting indeed reduces the penalties.

wadledo
2009-01-26, 07:47 PM
Lucky you, I've always wanted to play one of those guys.

My thoughts are power attack>cleave>shock trooper tree, where the whole point of the class is to carve through as many enemies as possible as quickly as possible.

Class might go Barbarian/Fighter/Warblade, but for the most part, it really depends on what you want to do.

zerombr
2009-01-26, 07:54 PM
personally i like the idea of a scout/fighter tempest, who follows the Bounding Assault tree with Spring attack, but i suppose it's not too synergistic with tempest...

for MWF, i can't help but think about 2 Anarc Razors (from Dragon Mag), 10 lvls of Rogue for Opportunist, Double hit, Saavy Rogue (allowing multiple opportunist attacks a round), and for mutliple weapons...is there a Double Hit for MWF? if so, that could be 4 attacks or so every time a teammate hits something within 10 feet of you.

granted your DEX would have to be massive to do that properly, a more benign solution is 2 sets of spiked chain...say....10ROG/3KNI?

RTGoodman
2009-01-26, 08:21 PM
Do you have access to Tome of Battle? Maybe cut out the Spring Attack-related stuff and maybe some other stuff (I don't remember the Tempest much) and add in a fast progression of Tiger Claw maneuvers.