PDA

View Full Version : Czech home(OOTS)less

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 03:03 PM
For everyone who lost their reason for living.. come here when we cannot have our own forum..

Naxi
2009-01-27, 03:23 PM
Ahoj Senti

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 03:24 PM
ahojky.. hej to ej krize... a asi tady nebudeme moct pouzivat to slovo.. vis ceho je polci buh? tak to.. kdyz nevi o cem se bavime tak aby to nevzali podle jedineho snameho slovicka :-)

pepazdepa
2009-01-27, 03:30 PM
Zhebni, Richi.

Memento
2009-01-27, 03:30 PM
No tohle je hned na dvě věci...:smallfrown:

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 03:38 PM
Pepo asi dostaneš banána.. ne že bych chtěl nějak prudit :-)

Strup
2009-01-27, 03:47 PM
KOKOŤE Řiči čhčípňi

Memento
2009-01-27, 03:51 PM
Pánové (a dámo), Strup nás zachránil!

P J
2009-01-27, 03:52 PM
Tady je to tak straaaašně pomalý....

(This is very slow and unnoticed site)

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 03:53 PM
A je to tady.. strup to sem přišel rozdrtit.. jen tak do něj.. už tak mu to tady hezky padá :-)

Strup
2009-01-27, 03:53 PM
Pánové (a dámo), Strup nás zachránil!
Hele sama si říkala ať sem jdu taky tak Nemel a kuř.

Strup
2009-01-27, 03:56 PM
A je to tady.. strup to sem přišel rozdrtit.. jen tak do něj.. už tak mu to tady hezky padá :-)
ok, chtěli ste mu to zničit seru na vás :smallfrown:

Memento
2009-01-27, 03:59 PM
Ale no tak ... humot musí být i za té největší kchrize*!
*to jen, aby ho to nepolekalo

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 04:01 PM
tak se neurazej.. promiin :-)

P J
2009-01-27, 04:05 PM
tak, kdo mi poradí, jak si do avataru dostanu tučňáka? :smallsmile:

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 04:07 PM
taky sem si chtěl hodit nějakej super avatar ale jak je to pomalý tak se mi to nechce hledat... (OŠATKA ZÁBAVY i na www.giantIPT.cym tak jedééém ;)

P J
2009-01-27, 04:09 PM
Mračna humotu! spanilá princezna amálka malá

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 04:10 PM
zdá se mi to nebo to tady začíná jet trošku rychleji?

Memento
2009-01-27, 04:13 PM
tak, kdo mi poradí, jak si do avataru dostanu tučňáka? :smallsmile:

Nejdou tu náhodou jen Richovy výtvory?

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 04:20 PM
myslíte že semvleze nějaký amík?

P J
2009-01-27, 04:32 PM
ohó! povedlo se! TUX is here! I am mighty!

J/S
2009-01-27, 04:38 PM
Tak už jsem tu taky, abyste věděli

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 04:40 PM
jujky.. to jsem asi přehnal.. mám ho asi zmenšit, že?

P J
2009-01-27, 04:51 PM
Tak už jsem tu taky, abyste věděli

Ahoj. Taky tě rád vidím. :)
A dobrou noc.

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 04:56 PM
nějak to tady umírá.. takže zítra? tady? :-)

Drbo
2009-01-27, 04:56 PM
Vidím vás velmi dobře.:smallsmile:

P J
2009-01-27, 04:57 PM
Teď mě napadlo, že jsme si tu vlastně všichni rovni... DF i LF, stejní...:smalleek:

sentinel001
2009-01-27, 05:04 PM
nejsme.. já jsem zakladatel dredu ;)..

tom712
2009-01-27, 05:21 PM
You guys should know that posting in foreign language on ENGLISH forum is not quite polite :smalleek:

{Scrubbed}

Greg
2009-01-27, 05:28 PM
You guys should know that posting in foreign language on ENGLISH forum is not quite polite :smalleek:

{Scrubbed}
Wow, that's really polite right there. There is no "English only" rule on the board.

However, I do wonder what Rich's response will be to the translations of his comic on that site - considering this (http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq14).

pepazdepa
2009-01-27, 06:03 PM
Wow, that's really polite right there. There is no "English only" rule on the board.

However, I do wonder what Rich's response will be to the translations of his comic on that site - considering this (http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq14).

We will be removing all the copyrighted material by the end of february, if you want to know. A taky myslím, že tu není žádný omezení na jazyk. Možná snad jen na oficiální dredy jako o nejnovějším díle a tak.

Yeah, and tom712 - are you registered on the forum? We have two guys with similar nick - Thom and Tomm. If not, please go say hi to our "home". :smallwink:

Forum Staff
2009-01-28, 04:30 AM
Just so everyone is clear, Rich has informed us that the Czech website has agreed to remove the copyrighted materials from their site, and he has given them a 30-day window that they have agreed to.

As far as posting in Czech, we at the forum staff ask that you limit it to threads that are created to be in Czech (as you have with this thread) rather than posting Czech on English-language threads. We further ask that you put [Czech] in the titles of such threads, so English-speakers know that there's nothing for them to read in there (and we avoid confusion such as earlier in this thread).

Thank you.

Piscot
2009-01-28, 05:46 AM
Let's mourn our poor forum :(

{Scrubbed}

Consider yourself lucky you don't understand the content of the forum ;)
(may cause serious mental damage):smallbiggrin:

Strup
2009-01-28, 07:23 AM
Koukoti! (v jakémkoliv významu):smallfrown:

P J
2009-01-28, 09:22 AM
Good morning to USA. We have 15:22 now! :smallbiggrin:

Ichneumon
2009-01-28, 09:29 AM
Does Zarah know you are translating his comic?

Piscot
2009-01-28, 10:19 AM

Who is Zarah?

We are deleting our site anyway ... as written few posts up.

Naxi
2009-01-28, 11:15 AM

Yes, he knows

P J
2009-01-28, 02:28 PM
Naxi?
Kdo je Zarah? Ten od Anti-Heroes? Jordan Quigley?

Naxi
2009-01-28, 02:44 PM
Naxi?
Kdo je Zarah? Ten od Anti-Heroes? Jordan Quigley?

Jo to je on

Naxi
2009-01-28, 02:49 PM
Nevíte jak si mám vložit avatar?

P J
2009-01-28, 03:51 PM
Nevíte jak si mám vložit avatar?

Musíš si ho nejdřív nahrát třeba na photobucket a pak tady v user CP najít options a úplně dole je volba, jestli chceš vlastní, a pak tam dej url. (tu druhou myslím :) )

sentinel001
2009-01-29, 01:31 AM
Good morning CZE (and good night US;) ) so let's be polite and do everything what admins want.. so if someone will create a new thread please use CZECH in the name of that thread.. thx. (sry for my engish.. still drunk.. we had a meeting with our exteacher from USA.. she's leaving :-().
Lidi kdyby někdo zakládal novej thread tak napište do názvu threadu CZECH.. a to o tom alkoholu a opilosti :-)

buffer
2009-01-29, 03:52 AM
Well, this is bad news for czech and slovak fans. I think, that OOTS is going to lost thousands of fans. Because english used in original story is quite hard (more meanings in one sentence) and many cz/sk fans didn't understand english that much.

Btw, this makes me so angry, that i am going to reconsider my decision about buying some oots t-shirts from here..

Piscot
2009-01-29, 06:30 AM
Well, this is bad news for czech and slovak fans. I think, that OOTS is going to lost thousands of fans. Because english used in original story is quite hard (more meanings in one sentence) and many cz/sk fans didn't understand english that much.

Btw, this makes me so angry, that i am going to reconsider my decision about buying some oots t-shirts from here..

Why angry? Our(better to say their, I'm just fan) mistake was not to discuss it properly with Rich in the first place. The comic is not a bit worse because of that and Rich is none to blame.
(excuse my grammar please :-D)

tom712
2009-01-29, 06:42 AM
Consider yourself lucky you don't understand the content of the forum ;)
(may cause serious mental damage):smallbiggrin:
The problem is that I do understand.

pepazdepa (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5703959&postcount=4) and Strup (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5704020&postcount=7) should translate their posts. Yes, don't be cowards guys, say it in English so everyone can read it.

Yeah, and tom712 - are you registered on the forum? We have two guys with similar nick - Thom and Tomm. If not, please go say hi to our "home". :smallwink: Not me. I wasn't registered, only read it.

PS: I consider myself a fan of oots.cz because it introduced me to this wonderful comics and I truly respect what they have done there. The translation was really good.
But I don't recommend reading the forum :smallwink:

[CZECH]
Machrovat tu když na vás admini nemůžou protože nevědí co tu píšete? Nebuďte srabi ...a běžte si pro ban.
Vopravdu některý lidi z fóra tady scházeli.:smallfrown:
To co píšu v prvnim příspěvku (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5704359&postcount=29) za tim si stojim. A sami dobře víte že je to pravda.

P J
2009-01-29, 07:14 AM

pepazdepa (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5703959&postcount=4) and Strup (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5704020&postcount=7) should translate their posts. Yes, don't be cowards guys, say it in English so everyone can read it.

Not me. I wasn't registered, only read it.

PS: I consider myself a fan of oots.cz because it introduced me to this wonderful comics and I truly respect what they have done there. The translation was really good.
But I don't recommend reading the forum :smallwink:

[CZECH]
Machrovat tu když na vás admini nemůžou protože nevědí co tu píšete? Nebuďte srabi ...a běžte si pro ban.
To co píšu v prvnim příspěvku (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5704359&postcount=29) za tim si stojim. A sami dobře víte že je to pravda.

Ano, ale tady jsi na americkým serveru, tady je názor jako názor, svoboda je freedom, open source je open source, tučnáci jsou penguins (upřímně řečeno, někdy to přehánějí. hodně.), tudíž si je navzájem neberme. Můžeme tu klidně psát česky, přesto si vážím zdejších adminů, že nás tu nechají.
A omluv nesmyslnost mého příZpěvku :smallbiggrin:

bluecross
2009-01-29, 07:49 AM

[CZECH]

Dear Tom,
there are only one reason, for their posts here and you and me know what is it. Since yet I didn't understood why Rich wants to delete the czech community. We are his readers, ofc in our native language, but the translation is excellent and it was way how to read this comic for many of us. The http://oots.cz/ is non-commercial site and never sell anything of Rich's property. So, we can be there, where Rich wants us. If it's here, we can write here.

[CZECH]
Proste me sere, ze Rich chce zrusit neco co sme budovali po dlouha leta a nevysrali se na to, delam vse proto, abych tomu zabranil...snad se to povede.

Strup
2009-01-29, 09:59 AM
[CZECH]

Podívej :) jediný co jsem tim chtěl propagovat...i když připouštim že původně to bylo v afektu, je to, že máme o hodně víc diakritiky než amíci.

sentinel001
2009-01-29, 11:32 AM
woow ono to zase chvili funguje.. amíci mají asi oběd :-)..

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-31, 12:44 PM
Dear Tom,
there are only one reason, for their posts here and you and me know what is it. Since yet I didn't understood why Rich wants to delete the czech community. We are his readers, ofc in our native language, but the translation is excellent and it was way how to read this comic for many of us. The http://oots.cz/ is non-commercial site and never sell anything of Rich's property. So, we can be there, where Rich wants us. If it's here, we can write here.

[CZECH]
Proste me sere, ze Rich chce zrusit neco co sme budovali po dlouha leta a nevysrali se na to, delam vse proto, abych tomu zabranil...snad se to povede.
That problem lies in his Copyright of the story/(web)comic.
I'm not sure on the exact USA copyright laws, but I do know that if he doesn't defend it properly, others may take it one little step further, and further, and further. And so on, untill there is merchandise of OOTS being sold by complete strangers to Rich, whom he has nothing to do with.
The courts could be able to say Rich didn't defend it enough.
I would also like to inform you about this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103422) which already discusses translations.

Ofcourse I can't speak for Rich or any of the forum staff.

P J
2009-01-31, 05:36 PM
Our luck is bad.
Our trust is bad.
And my english is bad too...:smallsmile:
(Please, don`t look on it. I did NOT a comic-translate.
I am one of many Czech readers who do not understand the original comic.)

Special thanks: Google translator :smallsmile:

And...penguins are good...

ABB
2009-02-01, 12:12 AM
{scrubbed}

ABB
2009-02-01, 12:18 AM
Why angry? Our(better to say their, I'm just fan) mistake was not to discuss it properly with Rich in the first place. The comic is not a bit worse because of that and Rich is none to blame.
(excuse my grammar please :-D)
{Scrubbed}

Dacia Brabant
2009-02-01, 01:50 AM
<Stuff>

Point of Order: Fan translations aren't banned as long as they're published as text files (and are in fact encouraged), not alterations of the comic .gif itself since it's trademarked. Mr. Burlew has said this numerous times but apparently it bears repeating. Fans in Czech Republic or anywhere else are free to write and post translations of OOTS into other languages, they just need to do it in ways that are respectful of the Giant's property rights.

VistaniMistress
2009-02-01, 05:54 AM
With some creative web development, it would even be possible to hotlink to the Giant's images, white out the text, put plain text on top, without changing the actual image.

Assassin89
2009-02-01, 08:59 AM
With some creative web development, it would even be possible to hotlink to the Giant's images, white out the text, put plain text on top, without changing the actual image.

I think that would violate the Giant's copyrights to the images.

T-O-E
2009-02-01, 10:05 AM

Already suggested and rejected.

Lissou
2009-02-01, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=ABB;5723347]Also it seems to be discriminatory as english readers get to enjoy the series for free but the czechs have to wait till there's a translation they have to buy, or until hell freezes over, to enjoy the series.[/QUOTE

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nobody said they'd have to pay anything. the issue is that if the webcomic isn't hosted by Rich himself, he'll lose rights on it.
And yes, it is true that he's not taking the extra load of hosting the translations right now.

But if and when he decides to allow translations, I don't see why there would cost anything to read. They'll just be delayed, which is the case with translations anyways.

And I'm pretty sure not a lot of Czech stuff are translated into English, either. I don't see why it would be more discriminatory one way than the other.

Karner
2009-02-01, 12:25 PM
Hm... Taktický návrh. SERU VAS sa na oots.cy nikdy neodhralo. Čo takto skúsiť apokalypsu tu?

S pozdravom istý Fry.

Šeř-ík
2009-02-01, 01:15 PM
I am very big and danger YEAAAAAAAAAARH!!! :smalleek:

And I´m very big and very good english speaker, too... :smallredface:

Strup
2009-02-01, 01:49 PM
I am very big and danger YEAAAAAAAAAARH!!! :smalleek:

And I´m very big and very good english speaker, too... :smallredface:

A vůl třeba nejsi?....žumpa?

Etiainen
2009-02-01, 03:22 PM
This is a very unfortunate issue mainly for many Czech and Slovak OOtS fans who can't understand English at all or enough to read the webcomic and enjoy it throughout the whole story.

The main problem is that the translators and hosters of the translated images haven't contacted Rich for permission, so it's a thin ice for them right now.

The website is giving full credit (including highes praises) to Rich though, and they're actually lifting a bit of traffic from his servers, since part of the fans don't "attack" the servers when a new comic is up.

The final words remain for Rich though, and we have to conform

Woyta
2009-02-01, 07:55 PM
Only text translation under the original image is not good solution.
It takes more time time to read story. And alsou you can't save it easyly on your hard drive. (Yes I actulaly read CZECH oots again)
I am trying read oots in english but my english is bad and slang or dialect is almost imposible to read for me.
OOTS.cz team have done wonderfull job. If you compare original and czech translation you will find it perfect.
Realy. Only text translation is not interesting for many people this days.

//PS: I also read oots on my PDA (PPC). Text out of picture is bad for small display.

Piscot
2009-02-02, 03:08 AM
The main problem is that the translators and hosters of the translated images haven't contacted Rich for permission, so it's a thin ice for them right now.

Well, actually they tried to contact Rich, but he didn't respond, though it's no excuse for us(them).

P J
2009-02-07, 04:41 PM
Chcípneme.

P J
2009-02-12, 10:26 AM
Look! My fan-art! :smallsmile:

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/PanJeskyne/kondroykondurkon.jpg

P J
2009-02-12, 02:21 PM
Ehm...and..look! I have very low english and photography skill! :smallsmile:

Sláva Polči! :smallamused: