PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Dragonlance Adventure

Raenir Salazar
2009-01-27, 03:40 PM
I'm trying to DM a campaign with some friends, originally we were thinking Faerun, but now I'm swinging back to Dragonlance as primarily I want to do a story about some kind of war that the PCs get to fight in and eventually can do the whole NWN2 Keep/Fort building and army raising and maintencen thing.

Basic Background: The Draconian Nation of Teyr, now a Republic is expanding its influence and power to the surrounding human lands in Nordmarr, with their fast breeding and skills they are easily defeat the neighbouring lands and expand quickly. The wealth gained from these early campaigns are like gasoline on the economy of the republic making it blaze brightly hungering for more the Legions of Republican troops marching under the command of able and charismatic Generals fight a series of additional wars of expansion, some they provoked and others were in self defence but now, having accumiliated vaste swaths of territory the Republic is on the verge of disaster, the Legions are spread out, the Generals have started to turn inward towards political ambition towards the senate, and the senate complacent over the vast wealth imported into the city has grown fat and corrupt and even lowered the military budget!

It is here is this turbulent times that the PCs find themselves, mercenaries hired by the Grand Army of the Republic they will start the war as foot soldiers and can quickly rise through the ranks to become Greats Captains and Generals themselves or maybe more?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds good eh? Got Minitatures Hand Book and the Complete Warrior to help out with managing massed battles.

Tacoma
2009-01-27, 04:01 PM
So are there bunches of dragons? I'd imagine dragons as being kind of like the heavy bombers of WW2.

Are you asking for advice? Ideas? It seemed like your post wasn't asking for anything ...

Raenir Salazar
2009-01-27, 04:18 PM
I thought it was implied what I was asking:

-With the setting outlined ans the back story provided what hints/suggestions can be given to DM'ing a military/massed battle campaign.

Draconians are not Dragons, they are Medium to Large Monstrous Humanoids with Dragon characteristics and player characters in the DL Campaign Setting that were created as perversions of Metallic Dragons by using a corruption ritual on their eggs. Both males and females were created and the races propagated and founded their own destiny. Usually Lawful Evil.

They stand roughly 6 to 7 feet tall, have a dragonlike head and tail, they have 5 subraces for each color of metallic dragon with unique special abilities to each, 4/5 of them have wings to glide with with varying efficiency.

No clue on to their ECL.

Keld Denar
2009-01-27, 04:47 PM
Heros of Battle might be another useful supliment for managing mass battles. It gives the PCs thing to do that will actually influence them, like being moralle leaders and whatnot. Take a looksie.

Fax Celestis
2009-01-27, 05:01 PM
Heros of Battle might be another useful supliment for managing mass battles. It gives the PCs thing to do that will actually influence them, like being moralle leaders and whatnot. Take a looksie.

Agreed. Excellent book.

AslanCross
2009-01-27, 05:47 PM
Thirded on Heroes of Battle. Its basic premise is that D&D is not a wargame, but an RPG, so the action should still center on the PCs' actions. The war might rage around the PCs, but their actions should have heroic and far-reaching implications on the tide of the battle.

Raenir Salazar
2009-01-27, 06:38 PM
its like the one srd im missing it seems.

AslanCross
2009-01-27, 11:13 PM
Heroes of Battle isn't in the SRD, unfortunately.