PDA

View Full Version : Joining The Ranks

Vella_Malachite
2009-01-27, 05:35 PM
Well, I took the test about fifty minutes ago, and I am proud to announce that I have officially joined the ranks of Learner Drivers!:smallbiggrin:

I passed with a 94% and only two questions wrong (one of them worded weirdly; I don't count that as my fault):smallwink:

I'll be going out driving for the first time soon.

Pyrian
2009-01-27, 06:00 PM
Great. Congratulations. But I think I'll stay off the roads today. :smallwink:

Moff Chumley
2009-01-27, 07:43 PM
Congratulations!

Felixaar
2009-01-27, 07:51 PM
Told ya you could do it. But Congrats all the same, Vell!

Now, I have a list of people I'd like you to run down around here somewhere....

Canadian
2009-01-27, 07:55 PM
When you go for your first drive take it easy. Often the first time behind the wheel can be intimidating. Choose your co-driver carefully. The person sitting next to you will have a huge effect on how you feel about driving. Try to get the most mellow person possible.

Flame of Anor
2009-01-27, 09:15 PM
Good for you! When I got my permit, I started by just driving around in big, empty parking lots. (Could be a bit harder now they're full of snow--assuming you're in that sort of climate, of course.) I would suggest that you do that, too, as it helped me a lot.

Jack Squat
2009-01-27, 09:38 PM
I failed my first time taking the permit test by one question. 80% of the randomly-generated test was on the DUI section, which was the only area I figured I wouldn't need to read since it'd be one or two questions max.

I've referred to myself as the walking incarnation of Murphy ever since.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-01-27, 09:52 PM
I believe I read somewhere that 16-year-olds are not the worst drivers. They're still cautious. It's 17-year-olds who think they're master drivers and get into trouble!

Vella_Malachite
2009-01-28, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I've been told I'm not driving outside car parks for the next four months at least. My Dad'll be my co-driver, and he's both mellow and not mellow. He's not likely to scream at me for getting anything wrong, but he can be critical of other drivers occasionally (often. When the other drivers are being stupid).

But yeah. And I got to show off my shiny plastic card o' doom to friends today, so that's cool.:smallbiggrin:

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-28, 03:12 AM
Well done.:smallbiggrin: I still haven't taken enough lessons to take the test yet (it's been awkward while I've been at university).