PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scout Cookies (Yum)

ghost_warlock
2009-01-28, 02:10 AM
I love Girl Scout cookies and I thought it might be fun for my fellow Playgrounders and I to list, discuss, and argue about our favorite kinds of Girl Scout cookies. :smalltongue:

So, after being skipped for the last two years by local kids and my coworker who brings the order form to work, I was finally able to order some cookies this year. :smallsmile:

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the classic shortbread cookies. I'm also quite fond of the "Caramel Delites."

Evidently, this year, they're selling little cinnamon cookies shaped like flowers. I decided to get some of those to try, too.

I was disappointed to note that, while listed on the website, the dulce de leche cookies are not available locally. :smallfrown:

reorith
2009-01-28, 04:10 AM
i was walking out of wal-mart with my weekly budgets worth of ammo, 100rds 00buck, 100rds of .30-06, 150rds .45 acp and then these three girls accosted me. they asked me if i wanted to buy some cookies at which point i told them a long rant including such points as the girl scouts stance on gun control and the lack of vegan friendly cookies :/ upon my conclusion i was met with three adorable but confused faces so naturally, i purchased a box of thin mints and gave them to a homeless guy later.

Kelmeras
2009-01-28, 04:16 AM
It's all about the thin mints.

Sneak
2009-01-28, 07:56 AM
THIN MINTS.

That is all.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-28, 07:59 AM
You just made this thread to torture me? Didn't you?

I can't chooose!

:smalltongue:

Though dem girl scouts Double Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies be nice.

Assassin89
2009-01-28, 08:20 AM
I think I prefer thin mints.

snoopy13a
2009-01-28, 10:55 AM
I like Tagalongs myself.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-28, 11:01 AM
Thin mints, tagalongs and samoas. Mmmmmm.

randman22222
2009-01-28, 11:21 AM
I haven't had girl scout cookies in eight years... :smallconfused:
But I sure as hell remember them. :smallsmile:
I liked the minty chocolate ones, whatever their flavour is called.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-01-28, 11:23 AM
Hmm. We don't really get them over here. I think that they're called the Girl Guides instead of the Scouts, as well.

blackfox
2009-01-28, 11:35 AM
THIN MINTS.

That is all.:smallmad: MY THIN MINTS!

...They're actually really really good if you freeze them. And then either eat them or put them in ice cream or something.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-28, 11:39 AM
Actually, I've got to tell you guys something.

We don't have girl scout cookies over here.
It was hard to get them from Trogland, but I got them.:smallamused:

Dragonrider
2009-01-28, 04:57 PM
Everybody loves thin mints :smallbiggrin:

I love those chocolate-and-coconut ones. I don't remember their name. But they're 'licous.

Coidzor
2009-01-28, 05:06 PM
I like samoas and the classic thin mint. One of the peanutbutter varieties wasn't too bad, either...

Some of them though I wonder how people can stand to eat...

Hmm... It's been awhile since I've had the shortbreads. Any shortbread actually.

My scottishness is demanding Shortbready satisfaction. @_@

Thufir
2009-01-28, 05:39 PM
"Are they made with real Girl Scouts?"

...Yeah, other than that Addams Family quote I have nothing to add. England has Guides rather than Girl Scouts, and to the best of my knowledge, they don't make cookies.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-28, 06:03 PM
"Are they made with real Girl Scouts?"

...Yeah, other than that Addams Family quote I have nothing to add. England has Guides rather than Girl Scouts, and to the best of my knowledge, they don't make cookies.
Untrue.

You know those maryland girlscout cookies they have over the pond?
Well they're made in Blackpool, England.

/Cookie-fu.

adanedhel9
2009-01-28, 06:03 PM

This. Yes.

I just put in my order with a coworker. One thin mint, one tagalong, and two samoas. Can't wait.

Anyone else freeze their girl scout cookies? The thin mints are especially good cold.

RandomLogic
2009-01-28, 06:04 PM
Peanut Butter Patties are the only way to go.

Thin Mints are good, but not #1.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-01-28, 06:07 PM
For me it's always been the same. One box of Thin Mints, one box of Samoas. It's a shame my sister's earning her Gold Award and then will be finished with Girl Scouts, since we won't have a source of cookies.:smallfrown:

Deathslayer7
2009-01-28, 07:31 PM
gotta go with the caramel delights and the lemony ones. can't remeber the name.

and I hate thin mints! :smallannoyed: I hate anything mint really. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-01-28, 08:23 PM

I think you meant to say Tagalongs, samoas, thin mints (which are delicious when frozen)

UncleWolf
2009-01-28, 09:04 PM
Great, now I want Girl Scout cookies.:smallannoyed:

TRM
2009-01-28, 09:22 PM
THIN MINTS.

That is all.
WRONG.

That is all.

Thin Mints are fine, but they are not the best. Lemony ones are better. Peanut buttery ones are better. Shortbread with a light chocolate glaze-ey ones are better.

And my pre-preemptive response: YOU'RE STILL WRONG.

Doran_Liadon
2009-01-28, 09:27 PM
I have always said theres a little miracle in every bite of girl scout cookies. Their too good to choose favorites. Like children and 80's music.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-28, 10:03 PM
Though dem girl scouts Double Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies be nice.

Double Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies?! I dunno if we have those where I live.

Shortbread, peanut butter patties, caramel delights, and thin mints are my favorites. :smallsmile:

Em Blackleaf
2009-01-28, 11:31 PM
The only girl scout cookies I've ever had are thin mints.

But I know those are amazing cookies.

thubby
2009-01-29, 12:48 AM
they're all great, the lemon filled ones are up there

buuuuuuuuut, MY THINMINTS :smallfurious: *pulls out tommy gun and goes nuts*

@monk: you're just trying to get all the thin mints for yourself

was anyone else actually eating one of the cookies as they saw the thread?

THAC0
2009-01-29, 02:13 AM
Thinmints and Samoas.

I promised to stock up this year to mail said thinmints to the Husband. Hopefully I can restrain myself and not eat them before I get them in the mail!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-29, 02:14 AM
was anyone else actually eating one of the cookies as they saw the thread?
>>
<<
Whut?
Why's everybody looking at me?

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-29, 04:53 AM
Why Americans call biscuits cookies and British call cookies biscuits is a complete mystery to me. Surely you need some way of distinguishing the two forms of baked good?

Thufir
2009-01-29, 06:25 AM
Why Americans call biscuits cookies and British call cookies biscuits is a complete mystery to me. Surely you need some way of distinguishing the two forms of baked good?

We are right and Americans are wrong. That is all. :smalltongue:

Jalor
2009-01-29, 06:34 AM
Thin Mints are fine, but they are not the best. Lemony ones are better. Peanut buttery ones are better. Shortbread with a light chocolate glaze-ey ones are better.

BLASPHEMY! Thin mints are amazing if you freeze them first.