PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] Variable Damage

Gralamin
2006-10-04, 10:46 PM
Variable Damage [Metamagic]
Prerequisites: able to cast 7th level spells, Energy Substitution.
Benefit: When you take this feat, choose Either Sonic or Force.
You may substitute any elemental damage type you have Energy Substitution in for Force damage, or Sonic Damage. You may also take any Force, Sonic, or Nameless damage type and substitute it for an Elemental Damage type.
A spell that "Upgrades" to Force damage uses up a spell slot three levels higher than the spell's actual level. A spell that "Upgrades" to Sonic uses up a spell slot two levels higher than the spell's actual level.
A Spell That "Downgrades" to an Elemental Damage type uses up a spell slot of the same level.
Special: You may take this feat twice. once for Sonic, once for Force.
[hr]
Possible Balancing effects:
Feat only effects one spell
Cost up and harsher prereqs

[hr]
Intresting Combos:
Disintegrate (Variabe Damage [Electricty]) + Hold Spell (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11600003 84) = Chidori.

[hr]
Comments, Suggestions, Thought, and/or Combos?

TheOOB
2006-10-05, 04:17 AM
I like the idea of creating a feat that allows a spell to go to force or sonic damage, but I think creating a feat that does both is a little too much. Keep in mind that energy subsitution only works with one energy type.

On another note, i don't think any metamagic feat should ever reduce the spell slot needed. Last thing we need is a 6th level acid horrid wilting that saves as a 8th level spell.

Gralamin
2006-10-05, 09:19 AM
Hows that?