PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Broken Feats of Brokenness

RMS Oceanic
2009-01-28, 11:19 AM
A while back I made a thread full of rediculously overpowered magic items. Now I'm applying the same thing here.

Suck on it, Wizard! [General, Wizard, Fighter, Monk, Scout, Knight]
Prerequisites: Able to spontaneously cast 1st level arcane spells, Int 15.
Benefits: Whenever you gain a level, add two spells of any level you can cast to your known spells. These do not count against your known spells limit.

Pounce [General, Wizard, Fighter, Monk, Scout, Knight]
Benefits: As the extraordinary ability.

Superpounce! [General, Wizard, Fighter, Monk, Scout, Knight]
Prerequisites: Pounce
Benefits: You can full attack as a standard action.

Where we're going we don't need...roads. [General, Wizard, Fighter, Monk, Scout, Knight]
Benefits: You gain a fly speed equal to your land speed times ten with perfect maneouverability. This is an extraordinary ability.

Feat Limit? What's that? [General, Wizard, Fighter, Monk, Scout, Knight]
Benefits: For each feat you have that has another feat as a prerequisite, this feat acts as those feats. For each feat affected this way, gain a bonus feat that does not have another feat as a prerequisite.

I Never Metamagic I Didn't Like. [General, Wizard, Fighter, Monk, Scout, Knight]
Prerequisites: Spellcasting
Benefits: The level adjustment for all Metamagic feats you apply is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0. Your casting time is never increased for applying a metamagic feat.

Omnidisciplinary Adventurer [General, Wizard, Fighter, Monk, Scout, Knight]
Prerequisites: Any three of the following:
- Rage
- Bardic Music
- Turn Undead
- Prepare and cast 1st level Divine Spells
- Prepare and cast 1st level Arcane Spells
- Spontaneously cast 1st level Arcane Spells
- Spontaneously cast 1st level Divine Spells
- Spontaneously cast cure spells.
- Spontaneously cast [I]inflict] spells.
- Spontaneously cast summon spells.
- Weapon Specialization
- Flurry of Blows
- Smite Evil
- Divine Grace
- Favoured Enemy
- Sneak Attack +1d6
- Sudden Strike +1d6
- Skirmish +1d6
- Steal Spell
- Grace
- Eldritch Blast +1d6
- Warmage Edge
- Knight's Challenge
- Draconic Aura
- Channel Spell
- Manifest 1st level powers
- Mind Blade
Benefit: For each base class you have at least one level in, your effective level for that class is equal to your effective character level in determining class abilities, bonus feats, spells/powers known, spells/power points per day and caster/manifester level. You can never suffer XP penalties for multiclassing, and can multiclass between everything regardless of alignment.

Draz74
2009-01-28, 12:07 PM
I Never Metamagic I Didn't Like.

*groan* :smallsigh:

*checks Forum Rules for really bad puns*

lesser_minion
2009-01-28, 12:34 PM
Can I try?

Minor Item Crafting [general]:
Prerequisites: Must be incapable of spellcasting.
Benefit: You may craft and enchant any magical or psionic item as a standard action, regardless of the required feats. You do not need to pay the gold piece costs of these items, and XP costs are multiplied by -1

Arms Races are fun! [general]:
Prerequisites: Must be taken at 1st level by a character who is not a scaled one native to Toril.
Benefit: As a free action, you may grant yourself or another the score possesed by any visible creature in an ability score. You may also assume a supernatural or spell-like ability belonging to any visible creature, removing it from the chosen creature in the process. Doing so retroactively removes any benefits that ability had.

Sense of Urgency [general]
Prerequisites: Dex 11+
Benefit: You may take any number of immediate actions in a round.

Improved Sense of Urgency [general]
Prerequisites: Dex 11+, Sense of Urgency
Benefit: You may, as an immediate action, gain a standard action.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-01-28, 12:43 PM
I Win[General]

Gain the spellcasting ability of a Wizard equal to your HD in addition to whatever other abilities you may possess. You also get access to every Wizard spell ever written, even in books that your GM has forbidden from the game.

Draz74
2009-01-28, 01:00 PM
Can I try?

Minor Item Crafting [general]:
Prerequisites: Must be incapable of spellcasting or Craft (any) 1 rank.
Benefit: You may craft and enchant any magical or psionic item as a standard action, regardless of the required feats. You do not need to pay the gold piece costs of these items, and XP costs are multiplied by -1

Arms Races are fun! [general]:
Prerequisites: Must be taken at 1st level by a character who is not a scaled one native to Toril.
Benefit: As a free action, you may grant yourself or another the score possesed by any visible creature in an ability score. You may also assume a supernatural or spell-like ability belonging to any visible creature, removing it from the chosen creature in the process. Doing so retroactively removes any benefits that ability had.

Sense of Urgency [general]
Prerequisites: Dex 11+
Benefit: You may take any number of immediate or swift actions in a round. Gain a +90 morale bonus to speed with all movement forms.

Improved Sense of Urgency [general]
Prerequisites: Dex 11+, Sense of Urgency
Benefit: You may, as an immediate action, gain a standard action.

Fixed for you.

lesser_minion
2009-01-28, 02:40 PM
I can see why you added in the swift action (so DMs don't point out that an Immediate consumes your Swift action), but why the speed bonus? The point behind Sense of Urgency is that you take Improved Sense of Urgency and get unlimited standard actions any time that you aren't flat-footed. I don't think Batman will survive that.

TengYt
2009-01-28, 06:37 PM
Who's Common Now? (General)
Prequistites: Commoner level 20.
Benefit: Add the sum total of all your stats and your max HP, and multiply it by 1d20. You may add this number to all rolls you make. Yes, all rolls.

Kroy
2009-01-28, 06:57 PM
Who's Common Now? (General)
Prequistites: Commoner level 1.
Benefit: Add the sum total of all your stats and your max HP, and multiply it by 42d200. You may add this number to all rolls you make. Yes, all rolls.

Fixed

And:
Rule Bender
Prequistites: Be a PC
Benefit: You are immune to rocks.

TengYt
2009-01-28, 07:04 PM
Lethal 4th Wall
Benefit: Rocks fall? GM dies.

Elder Brain
2009-01-28, 07:10 PM
Luck of the Irish [General]
Benefit: ALL rolls count as Natural 20s.

Improved Familiar [General]
Benefit: You may take a Great Wyrm Dragon Familiar. Unlike a Normal Familiar, it has Full Hit points for its race, and benefits from all your feats. If you are not a Wizard or Sorcerer, this feat gives you the ability to take a Familiar as if you were a Sorcerer of Double HD

Draz74
2009-01-28, 07:51 PM
I can see why you added in the swift action (so DMs don't point out that an Immediate consumes your Swift action), but why the speed bonus? The point behind Sense of Urgency is that you take Improved Sense of Urgency and get unlimited standard actions any time that you aren't flat-footed. I don't think Batman will survive that.

Because it kinda seemed like a weak feat until you got the Improved version. Now it's worth taking in its own right. And the flavor is great. :smallbiggrin:

Shalizar
2009-01-28, 07:57 PM
Breaking the Fourth Wall [combate]
Prerequisites: Bludeoning Weapon
Benefit: Your character can break through the fourth wall and attack the DM directly.

Flickerdart
2009-01-28, 08:04 PM
Stealing the Spotlight [General]
Prerequisites: Wizard, Cleric, or Druid. You must have singlehandedly defeated all encounters for a week.
Benefit: When you take this feat, choose 3 supplements. They are now banned from the game. Everyone else rolls up a Wizard, Cleric or Druid.
Normal: Characters that are not Wizards, Clerics or Druids may be played.

My Special Moment [General]
Prerequisites: Monk, Samurai, Soulknife or Truenamer.
Benefit: 1/day, for 1 round/level, you can treat your character as if it were a wizard of your character level for the purpose of determining hit points, special abilities and spellcasting (you are treated as having prepared your spells ahead of time).

Would You Kindly [General]
Prerequisites: Arcane Spellcasting
Benefit: The DM is a valid target for Compulsion spells.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-01-28, 11:43 PM
Luck of the Irish [General]
Benefit: ALL rolls count as Natural 20s.

Improved Luck of the Irish
You're, like, 200% Irish.
Prerequisite: Luck of the Irish
Benefit: ALL rolls count as Natural 20s...on d4s, d6s, d8s, d10s, and d12s. You always roll natural 30s on d20s and choose your result on a d%, from -10 to 110.

Zeful
2009-01-28, 11:51 PM
**** you Pun-pun
Benefit: You may retroactively add or remove abilities from anything for any reasons, if the players complain you are entitled to hit them in the head with your DMG for being stupid.
Special: This is called rule 0.

The Demented One
2009-01-29, 12:23 AM
Just Too Easy
Time to crack some heads...soft, tiny, helpless heads.
Requirements: Power Attack, Cleave, the willingness to gleefully slaughter foes who are comically inept
Benefit: Whenever an enemy comes within 60 ft. of you, its is transformed into a 1st level Kobold Commoner, as the polymorph any object spell.

Dienekes
2009-01-29, 02:44 AM
Screw You, I'm a Kobold
Prerequisite: You are a kobold
Benefit: Rewrite the rules, any or all of them. They cannot be changed back until everyone else leaves the game in disgust.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-01-29, 02:58 AM
BURN!
Prerequisite: any ability to deal fire damage...at all
Benefit: any fire damage you deal is quadrupled. This is applied after any other multipliers. This fire damage is not prevented by fire resistance or immunity.

1337 spellcasting
Prerequisite: ability to cast first level spells
Benefit: you gain the ability to cast epic spells. All spellcraft DCs of said spells are reduced by 90%, to a minimum of 1. You also gain a number of 10th level spell slots equal to the number of all other spell slots you possess. These spell slots may be only used for epic spells.

Fiery Diamond
2009-01-29, 03:32 AM
Wizards? Who Needs 'Em?
Prerequisite: You are not a wizard, you can spontaneously cast 1st level spells
Benefit: You gain access to your ECL x 100 spells as spells known. These spells can be drawn from any spell list. Additionally, you have spells per day and can cast spells as if you were a caster of level = your ECL + 20.

What is This "Training" of Which You Speak?
Prerequisite: You are at least first level
Benefit: You gain weapon proficiency, weapon focus, greater weapon focus, weapon specialization, greater weapon specialization, and improved critical with every weapon, ever.

I Asked You Already, What is This "Training?"
Prerequisite: What is This "Training" of Which You Speak?
Benefit: You gain BAB equal to 20x your ECL, complete with all those extra attacks.

Taste My Magic...And My Blades!
Prerequisite: You are a PC who can cast magic and use at least one weapon
Benefit: You can cast spells with your weapon attacks. This means that in a full-attack, you cast one spell for every attack.

Juggling is Fun!
Prerequisite: Dex 19
Benefit: You can effectively wield as many weapons at once as you want as long as they are within your heavy load limit. On a full attack, you can make one attack with every weapon. If you have TWF, you get extra attacks with all your weapons.

Hey, this is a lot of fun!

lesser_minion
2009-01-29, 04:59 PM
And another one:

Druids are just plain weak:
Prerequisites: character must not be a druid.
Benefit: As a swift action you may change your shape, as if casting Baleful Polymorph. You automatically recognise any droid you encounter and may control its form.

Who said my class sucks? Raaargh!
Prerequisites: At least 1 level of soulknife, monk, truenamer or fighter.
Benefit: All levels in one of these classes become levels of all four classes taken as gestalt.

Well this sucks:
Benefit: Gain two bonus feats

Well, psionics are better than magic anyway
Prerequisites: Must be psionic
Benefit: Multiply your power pool by your charisma bonus. Any spell that affects you directly or indirectly doesn't, instead granting you the benefits of any Conjuration (healing) spell of your choice.
Special: This is an exception to psionics-magic transparency

This still isn't enough
Prerequisites: Monk level 21st
Benefit: You may make a flurry of blows as a standard action, you only expend one of your monk abilities when it actually succeeds in doing something, and your Slow Fall can be used at any time. Additionally, you now use the fighter progression for base attack bonus.

Rule -1: Fighters > Wizards
Prerequisite: Fighter level 21st
Benefit: All levels of fighter are now Fighter/Lightning Warrior gestalt.

FeAnPi
2009-01-29, 05:30 PM
Ability's Ability
Prerequisites: any ability of 13 or higher
Benefit: you add the modifiers (expressed in absolute value) of all your abilities to the proper ability as a broken* bonus. Then you do it again, and again, and again, and so on.

* a broken bonus always adds to another broken bonus.

Draz74
2009-01-29, 06:38 PM
Who said my class sucks? Raaargh!
Prerequisites: At least 1 level of soulknife, monk, truenamer or fighter.
Benefit: All levels in one of these classes become levels of all four classes taken as gestalt.

Ironically, compared to many of the feats on this thread, this one's actually pretty weak. :smallwink:

Oh, and this really proves that Samurai is the weakest PC class. It wasn't even good enough to make it into this feat!!!

Mr. Pin
2009-01-29, 07:07 PM
DM domain

Your cleric gains access to the Dungeon Master Domain, AKA the Home of Ridiculous Metagaming. your class power is that you gain as a class skill "DM prayer" which basically means that if your "Ode to my awesome Dungeon Master" poem is good enough, you can have anything.

Domain spell list:

1st level- Summon Monster WTF?

pick one miniature. this is now on the board with an attitude of Friendly.

2nd level- Buy XP

you may buy experience points at 1 gp for 100 points of XP

3rd level- Buff Chicken, mass

buy as many chickens as you can afford (they're 50 for a gold piece, folks!) they are now all your personal slaves, and they all take on all the stats of a great wyrm gold dragon.

4th level- Dice Meteor

pick up a d20. step back five paces. throw the d20. any miniatures you knock over are dead, struck down by a curiously shaped meteor. they can never be resurrected by any means.

5th level- House Rule

True strike no longer has a range of personal. Coupe de Graceing is a free round action. magic missile deals d12's. you know the drill.

6th level- Win

You win at Dungeons and Dragons. you are the first person ever to do this. Have a cookie.

7th level- Cheat

You know those ability score rolls you fudged? you can do that legally now.

8th level- No Jury on Earth would Convict Me

You are allowed to try kill one party member who is obnoxious. The DM will not interfere. your alignment will not change.

9th level- Summon Chuck Norris

Title says it all.

P.S.- sorry for the longness. it kinda got out of hand :smallredface:

lesser_minion
2009-01-29, 09:45 PM
Batman has nothing on this
Prerequisite: Samurai, Monk, Marshal, Truenamer or Hierophant level 1st+
Benefit: As an immediate action, you may bestow your character class, and currently readied features on any enemy within 60'. They lose their previous benefits and statistics. You also bestow feats, except for this one.

Ultimate Dodge[broken]
Prerequisite: none
Benefit: Gain a -8 dodge penalty to AC.

Improved Attack Rolls[broken]
Benefit: You take a -20 penalty to base attack bonus

Post-Epic spellcasting [broken]
Benefit: you may cast the spell tenser's floating disk at will.

Extra Familiar [broken]
Benefit: gain a familiar, as the wizard class feature. May be taken multiple times.