PDA

View Full Version : Anime kobold

Jayngfet
2009-01-28, 07:59 PM
So, I'm playing a kobold cleric. I've decided to fill it with over the tope anime references. I want every action to be me screaming out an attack name and need some help.

Inflict wounds: It's a touch attack, add a light spell maybe and then you can shout SHIIINING FIIINGER.

Anytime I affect my weapon I'll be shouting BANKAI.

And I'll be using an iron golem as a mecha.

I start at first level, but I'd like to plan ahead.

BRC
2009-01-28, 08:00 PM
Get a chart, every time you do ANYTHING, roll on that chart and shout the phrase provided. For example
I attack...*Roll on chart* FOR JUSTICE!

Actually, basically claim that you do Everything "For Justice" For example
DM: the corridor forks, you can go left or right.
You: I say we go left, FOR JUSTICE!

Flickerdart
2009-01-28, 08:09 PM
You must call out the name of the spell you cast as its vocal component.
Become an Ur-priest and threaten to "pierce the heavens".
If you are ever hit with Crushing Despair: "I'm in despair! My enemy's spells have left me in despair!"

Shades of Gray
2009-01-28, 08:21 PM
When you use "air walk" you are really summoning convenient branches to jump across. Bonus points if you spend 10 minutes on this having flashbacks to the previous adventure.

chiasaur11
2009-01-28, 08:26 PM
Get a chart, every time you do ANYTHING, roll on that chart and shout the phrase provided. For example
I attack...*Roll on chart* FOR JUSTICE!

Actually, basically claim that you do Everything "For Justice" For example
DM: the corridor forks, you can go left or right.
You: I say we go left, FOR JUSTICE!

Regular justice, great justice, or BURNING JUSTICE?

Starbuck_II
2009-01-28, 08:29 PM
So, I'm playing a kobold cleric. I've decided to fill it with over the tope anime references. I want every action to be me screaming out an attack name and need some help.

Inflict wounds: It's a touch attack, add a light spell maybe and then you can shout SHIIINING FIIINGER.

Anytime I affect my weapon I'll be shouting BANKAI.

And I'll be using an iron golem as a mecha.

I start at first level, but I'd like to plan ahead.

Say "Believe it" after certain sentences.
Like, "We will save your village, Believe it!"

BRC
2009-01-28, 08:29 PM
Regular justice, great justice, or BURNING JUSTICE?

Roll 1d4
1: normal Justice
2: great justice.
3: BURNING JUSTICE.
4: THE ULTIMATE JUSTICE OF THE HEAVENS!

Assassin89
2009-01-28, 08:44 PM
Obscuring Mist
Think Zabuza Momochi from Naruto

Summon monsters
Mephit, I choose you.

JeminiZero
2009-01-28, 08:46 PM
You must call out the name of the spell you cast as its vocal component.

But your enemies will still have to roll a spellcraft check to identify what you cast.

Overlord Nicy
2009-01-28, 08:54 PM
See if you can start at a level over 9000.

Deme
2009-01-28, 08:58 PM
add a sound effect at the end of your sentence. Find what noise kobolds make, and just toss it on to the end of anything. If they make no noise, just toss in an abreviation of "kobold" on there. Especially for exclimations and one-word statements. The cuter and more obnoxious you can make that sound, the better.

Assassin89
2009-01-28, 09:06 PM
add a sound effect at the end of your sentence. Find what noise kobolds make, and just toss it on to the end of anything. If they make no noise, just toss in an abreviation of "kobold" on there. Especially for exclimations and one-word statements. The cuter and more obnoxious you can make that sound, the better.

So the kolbolds would speak in a manner like in this video (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unforgotten-realms/219-Episode-Ten-FYI-Im-a-Spy), but more high pitched and childish sounding?

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-01-28, 09:14 PM
Claim that you are traveling to find a method by which you can become Pun-Pun, because your little brother is dying and not even the power of the Dieties can save him now.

BRC
2009-01-28, 09:19 PM
Get a Rod of arming. Now, whenever you use it, describe a complex transformation sequence in excruciating detail, perhaps act it out. Every Time you use it. Your character should be spinning in a halo of light for the entire period which, for in-game turns, takes a standard action, despite the fact that it seems like it should take five minutes.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-01-28, 09:20 PM
Get a Rod of arming. Now, whenever you use it, describe a complex transformation sequence in excruciating detail, perhaps act it out. Every Time you use it. Your character should be spinning in a halo of light for the entire period which, for in-game turns, takes a standard action, despite the fact that it seems like it should take five minutes.

Or simply get Armor of Calling and perform the same.

BRC
2009-01-28, 09:22 PM
Or simply get Armor of Calling and perform the same.
The mechanics are not important, whats important is that every time you enter battle, your character flips and spins in a nimbus of light as their gear appears, and that your fellow players hear the entire process every time.

Preferably, have a lizardman and 4 other kobolds in the party. When in danger, combine to form Voltron.

Deme
2009-01-28, 09:35 PM
So the kolbolds would speak in a manner like in this video (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unforgotten-realms/219-Episode-Ten-FYI-Im-a-Spy), but more high pitched and childish sounding?

...Yes. I was trying not to invoke that, but yeah.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-01-28, 09:42 PM
The mechanics are not important, whats important is that every time you enter battle, your character flips and spins in a nimbus of light as their gear appears, and that your fellow players hear the entire process every time.

Preferably, have a lizardman and 4 other kobolds in the party. When in danger, combine to form Voltron.

You can do the same thing with Gnomes... go on youtube and look up Oxhorn and "Mighty Morphing Midget Gnomes"

Make sure everyone has appropriately colored Armor of Calling.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-28, 09:50 PM

And he has to get naked (with gratuitous ribbons and stars over the naughty bits) and when you finally end your magical transformation you must giggle, throw up a hand sign that signifies you’re not only spunky but mean serious business, then say some horribly clichéd and punny/ironic/play on words phrase directly relating to the monster your fighting.

“I guess he’s not lion about the danger’s around here!”

KilltheToy
2009-01-28, 09:53 PM
Step 1: Pick 1 or more popular animes

Step 2:Read said animes

Step 3: Refrence the hell out of said animes

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2009-01-28, 10:00 PM
But your enemies will still have to roll a spellcraft check to identify what you cast.
No, your enemies will stand there in awe. Standard action? Full-round? 10 minutes? Until you're done, nobody is going anywhere.

Hat-Trick
2009-01-28, 10:07 PM
Once you've chosen a name for every single action you will ever do, find the translation in japanese and yell out the japanese version first, followed by the english. Or come up with some kind of "martial arts style" and say that before doing ANYTHING in combat, followed by the new name you made for the action.

"Pelor Sun Style, Secret Technique, HEALING SUN HAND!!!!"

Aron Times
2009-01-28, 10:16 PM
Finger of Death: "Pun-Pun vi Britannia commands you to die!"

Yukitsu
2009-01-28, 10:20 PM
Become an Ur-priest and threaten to "pierce the heavens".
If you are ever hit with Crushing Despair: "I'm in despair! My enemy's spells have left me in despair!"

Are kobolds awesome enough to get sunglasses? And can you really put both those references in the same character without dire consequinces?

chiasaur11
2009-01-28, 10:25 PM
Finger of Death: "Pun-Pun vi Britannia commands you to die!"

He doesn't command you to die.

You die when you hear he can do it. Then he kills your soul for anticipating orders.

Elena Hoyos
2009-01-28, 10:26 PM
"Kick Logic to the Curb and do the impossible, that is the team (Name of iron golem)'s Way!"

"I think we've entered Closed Space." For the first time you enter the Ethereal Plane.

"I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away." Under or Resisting the effects of a Fear spell.

When ever you eat, you must describe it in ways similar to, "The kolbold reaches in his bag, he smiles internally, laughing to himself. And now, he shall take a potato chip, and Eat it! It fractures, crumbs glimmer off in their own decent to the ground and table."

Those are easy references...

ChaosDefender24
2009-01-28, 10:57 PM
Scream as loud as you possibly can while casting your self-buffs. Bonus points if you collaborate with your DM to let you do this right in the start of the fight, with the enemy dumbly watching you - but only if you return the favor.

AslanCross
2009-01-28, 11:15 PM
Heroism: Believe me, who believes in you! Believe in you, who believes in yourself!

Create Food and Water is him popping capsules onto the ground, ala Dragonball.

Divine power makes him turn gold (or gives him spiky blonde hair).

newbDM
2009-01-28, 11:16 PM
Perhaps the Kobolds Ate My Baby line of kobold figures might be good for you?

Not truly anime, but much more into the cute and chibi side of things.

Said miniatures:
http://paizo.com/store/games/miniatures/miniaturesForRoleplaying/magnificentEgos/koboldsAteMyBaby

MCerberus
2009-01-28, 11:29 PM
Whenever you use a combat-related spell or ability, you must name it on the spot something that has little relation to what the spell is actually called. Remember- you never swing at things. Each of your attacks must have a special name.

For example, if you swing at an orc while under the effects of divine power (go clericzilla, by the way) it may be BURNING JUSTICE INFUSED ESSENCE TECHNIQUE 72, SPLEEEEEEEEN CRUSHEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!

GrassyGnoll
2009-01-28, 11:30 PM
Did someone say to kick logic to the curb? I think I heard someone say to kick logic to the curb.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/Lord_Of_The_Ducks/koboldkamina.jpg

BRC
2009-01-28, 11:42 PM
Did someone say to kick logic to the curb? I think I heard someone say to kick logic to the curb.

Needs more Justice, preferably of the Burning variety.

Jacklu
2009-01-28, 11:50 PM

No image for you!

... LordOfTheDucks... You just won... the internet... And all of its subsidiaries... Don't believe in Kobold Kamina! Believe in me! The me that believes in Kobold Kamina!

Random NPC
2009-01-28, 11:57 PM

That is made of win... which will make your spirit turn into the drill that will pierce the heavens!

"Believe in you who believes in yourself."

Jayngfet
2009-01-29, 01:21 AM

I'm using that as my picture for the game. I managed to get my DM to agree to the glasses.

TheCountAlucard
2009-01-29, 02:44 AM
(long pause)

Man, Lordoftheducks, if you're going to be that awesome, you need a warning label!

Malacode
2009-01-29, 03:02 AM
I AM stealing this for my Clerlock. All of it. It is too full of awesome to pass up.

Here's a ruidmentary list of potential things to screm at the top of your little kobold lungs:

Bane Battler Way
Bane Lance
Beam Executioner
Blasting Assasination
Blasting Force Executioner
Blasting Slaughter
Bood Gory Murderer
Deadly Blaster
Deadly Slayer
Death Bane
Death Executor
Energy Blasting Executor
Executor Strike
Fatal Gory Execution
Gore Murderer
Omni Targeted Crasher
Targeted Bane Weapon
True Way
Way Barrage
Way Lance
Altering Changing Change
Altering Mutating Mutation
Battler Power Converter
Blast Reborn
Blasting Reaction Bolt
Converter Attack
Flash Twisting Shift
Flash Way
Fusion Reborn
Morph Converter Transmutation
Mutant Shift
Mutating Blasting Fusion
Mutating Reincarnation
Rebirth Twisting Warp
Reborn Lance
Shifting Converter Switch
Shifting Lance
Twisting Altering Bolt
Twisting Omni Transformation
Warping Power
Armor Refuge
Armor Ward
Bane Battler Blaster
Bane Way Power
Barrier Shell
Battler Defender
Carapace Warding Wall
Crashing Shell Blaster
Guard True Bane
Guardian Warding Defender
Omni Crashing
Power Defender Protection
Protection Ward
Protective Indestructible Field
Sanctuary Guardian Bolt
Shell Bane
Shell Battler Sentinel
True Shroud Blaster
Wall Omni Carapace
Way Shroud
Bane Guard Barrage
Blasting True Beam
Cover Defender Refuge
Crashing Bane Armor
Field Battler Cover
Flash Invulnerable Field
Fusion Power
Guard Flash
Guardian Bane Power
Guardian Bastion
Invulnerable Way
Lance Bane Blast
Omni Bane Beam
Protection Indestructible Blast
Protective Ward
Sentinel Bolt
Sentinel Crasher
Ward Indestructible Power
Warding Beam Ward
Warding Energy Barrage
Assault Brute Barrage
Bane Blast
Bane Faultless Siege
Bane Force Beam
Battler Hyperion Power
Beam Battler
Brute Power
Energy Maelstrom
Flash Super Way
Herculean Bane
Infinity Excellent Assault
Mighty Crashing
Mighty Infinity Attack
Omni Power
Paragon Master Fusion
Perfect Fusion
Perfection Ultra Bane
Superior Assault
Superior Blaster
Ultimate Assault Power

From http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=animepower. Just roll a d100 whenever you perform ANY action, even if it's diplomacy, and yell out what comes up! Amuse your friends, annoy your DM, ruin the game.

MickJay
2009-01-29, 06:02 AM
Get a super-intelligent Welsh Corgi as familiar :smalltongue:

Bayar
2009-01-29, 07:07 AM
Dont forget to scream "Dragon Slave !" whenever you cast delayed blast fireballs.

PrGo
2009-01-29, 04:14 PM
This thread has inspired me to make my first Clericzilla based on Broly :smallbiggrin:

I may post how it goes, after I try him.

Until then!

Jayngfet
2009-02-08, 07:19 AM
Well, kamina kobold died ten minutes in, he got in the whole of three attacks with spectacularly low rolls and died thanks to a random mook. His glasses were stolen by the wizard who ran away every fight.

As a bonus, since the entire party was a bunch of jerks, the DM let me cast explosive runes on a random gold piece they looted off my body.

I have replaced him with a gnome who uses prestidigitation to become a super sayan.