PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Illumians

Thurbane
2009-01-28, 08:25 PM
I've just recently decided to re-read Races of Destiny, and I now have renewed interest in Illumians as PCs/NPCs.

Anyone have much experience with them? Any tip, tricks or traps to watch out for?

In particular, as an NPC/DMPC for an upcoming EtCR game, I was contemplating a 6th level Illumian Warmage, with the Bane Magic (Undead) feat...I think one of their sigils would let him cast at +2 CL?

FMArthur
2009-01-28, 08:58 PM
Just don't expect the players to take illumians seriously. It is probably one of the most ridiculous (and ridiculous-looking) concepts for a race.

Madmal
2009-01-28, 09:48 PM
i have some interest on them, but i feel they need to get more racial abilities, that synergize more with the last published classes (like Binder, Crusader, Totemist, etc.)

UserClone
2009-01-28, 10:49 PM
Just don't expect the players to take illumians seriously. It is probably one of the most ridiculous (and ridiculous-looking) concepts for a race.

By the way, they aren't that new, either. They are a throwback to the Dabus of Sigil fame. Play Planescape: Torment, a 2E PC game in which they feature briefly.

ChaosDefender24
2009-01-28, 11:00 PM
They're a very specialized race, tying into the whole "versatility" thing by favoring multi-class builds. I don't actually own Races of Destiny so I'm AFB, but I know among other things that there's a sigil combination that lets you use strength or dexterity as your bonus spells determination - it's gish heaven

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-01-28, 11:02 PM
I thought they are best designed for multiclass spellcasters. Most of the sigils are designed to help multiclassed spellcasters. Not a bad thing per se, but rather limited in scope.

Thurbane
2009-01-29, 01:51 AM
Well, that's true, but if they conceal their sigils, they just look like a tall, lean, usually bald, human...