PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Passions [Creature]

The Demented One
2006-10-01, 10:10 PM
Sublimatid
Size/Type: Huge Outsider (Chaos, Dreamborn, Evil, Extraplanar, Psionic)
Hit Dice: 12d8+96 (150 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 25 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +15 natural), touch 10, flatfooted 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+28
Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d6+8)
Full Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d6+8) and 4 Claws +13 melee (1d8+4 plus idwrack)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Awaken desire, idwrack, improved grab
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., dreamborn traits, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, fire 10, and electricity 10, power resistance 24, telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +11
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 14, Con 26, Int 6, Wis 16, Cha 20
Skills: Autohypnosis +18, Concentration +23, Intimidate +20, Listen +18, Lucid Dreaming +18, Spot +18
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Initiative, Psionic Fist, Greater Psionic Fist, Psionic Meditation
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 13-16 HD (Huge), 18-24 HD (Gargantuan), 25-32 HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment: –

Everyone has secret desires, passions they could never act out in real life. However, such appetites can be harmlessly satisfied in dreaming. But such dreams are charged with potent emotional energy, and refuse to dissipate into nothingness after being dreamt. Eventually, such dreams can condense, taking on life as a Sublimatid. Born of incest, pedophilia, or other forbidden lusts, Sublimatids roam the waking world, driven by the negative emotions they are made up of. The face of a Sublimatid is that of the subject of the dreamed-of person, the desire of whom led to the Sublimatid’s birth, though it possess a fanged mouth. Its body is a writhing thing of nightmarish worms in a vaguely humanoid form, with four cruel, rending claws. Small slits cover its body, and ooze forth milky pestilence. Sublimatids are irredeemably evil, acting out the dark depravities and desires that all living things secretly wish they could do.

Awaken Desire (Ps)
A Sublimatid can kiss a creature, and, in doing so, awaken its suppressed desires and wishes. An unwilling creature must be grappled for the Sublimatid to kiss it. A kissed creature must make a DC 21 Will save or be caught in a world of its forbidden passions, similar to the false world of the microcosm power. After 1d6 hours, the creature escapes from this false world, resuming normal mental function.

Idwrack (Su)
A creature damaged by a Sublimatid’s claw attack, or that begins its round grappled by a Sublimatid, is exposed to the milky white fluid that oozes from the Sublimatid, which serves as a vector for the idwrack disease. Idwrack has a save DC of 24, and its incubation period lasts until its host falls asleep (thus, unsleeping creatures are immune to it). The save is Con based. Being a supernatural disease, a creature afflicted with idwrack must make three, rather than two, saves to recover from it. Psionic creatures are particularly vulnerable to idwrack, and take a -2 penalty on all saves against it. Idwrack acts on the brain, causing it to barrage the host with visions of every single illicit desire he has ever had, amplified a thousand fold, dealing 2d4 points of Cha damage to the host. In addition, idwrack causes its host to enter a state of deep depression, causing it to take a penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls equal to the amount of Cha damage dealt until the damage is fully healed.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, an Subliatid must hit a Large or smaller opponent with at least two claw attacks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-01, 11:02 PM
Nice. Evil. Disturbing.

The Demented One
2006-10-02, 07:30 PM
Nice. Evil. Disturbing.
I aim to please.

Right between the eyes.

fangthane
2006-10-02, 07:51 PM
I like it. Except possibly the bit about aiming to please right between the eyes... ;)

HellFencer
2006-10-04, 03:01 PM
I like this so much, I'll have to use it in my upcoming campaign, where I have a plane of dreams... :P

Nice work! There aren't enough really "dark" monsters in the game. I like the ones that step on boundaries of morals. It keeps things interesting.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-10-04, 04:22 PM
There will be plent of dark monsters very, very soon, my friend. The fell beasts will be everywhere, they will cover the earth with their multitudes and the sun's light shall be withheld by the rending grasp of their infinite darknesss.

D1, you're turning me emo. Hope you're proud of yourself.

HellFencer
2006-10-04, 07:16 PM
Emo. Bleh. Just call yourself softcore goth and be done with it. :P

One idea I did have, was to have the creature either have a physical or mental difference based on the originating emotional energy. Such as a pedophile may have their sublimatid appear in the form of a child (promiscuous or not is your call), or a murderer would have one appear with a devilish grin and a wild look in the eye, and tribal markings. A cannibal formed Sublimatid could have a huge mouth and tiny eyes, with an extended jaw (and subsequent bite attack).

The Demented One
2006-10-04, 08:16 PM
There will be plent of dark monsters very, very soon, my friend. The fell beasts will be everywhere, they will cover the earth with their multitudes and the sun's light shall be withheld by the rending grasp of their infinite darknesss.

Ugh, no. I tend not to judge people by appearances, but emo people just look silly.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-04, 08:57 PM
Ugh, no. I tend not to judge people by appearances, but emo people just look silly.
"Silly" is an understatement.