PDA

View Full Version : Master of Many Forms build 3.5

Pie Guy
2009-01-29, 07:49 PM
UA Wildshaping ranger 5/ Master of Many Forms 10/PrC that advances wildshape more, or Ranger

Reasons: Ranger gets Endurance, so that is one less feat slot to spend.
Druid casting is not continued by MMF, so no loss there.
Extra Ranger BaB is good.

Is this a good build? (Note: Our Dm is very anti-gold. We only have the clothes on our back and the weapons in our hands. Items don't need to be suggested.)

Any glaring holes?

playswithfire
2009-01-29, 08:44 PM
You may want to also consider class-based ways to keep your AC high regardless of your shape, particularly if the gold for a wilding clasp isn't going to be easy to come by to keep your armor around.

For instance:
Wildshape Ranger 5/Overwhelming Attack monk 1/Master of Many Forms 7+/Fist of the Forest 1 in there somewhere.

Slows down your Master of Many Forms awesomeness, but gets you WIS to AC which stays constant and CON to AC which can get pretty large depending on the form you choose. With the overwhelming attack variant, Fist of the Forest only costs you one feat, Great Fortitude.

Pie Guy
2009-01-29, 08:47 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look at those, and maybe bribe my DM to give me that item that increases wildshape hd by four or something.

Keld Denar
2009-01-29, 09:41 PM
1 level of Nature's Warrior for the Serpents Coil ability is pretty awesome. Damage every time you win an opposed grapple check. EVERY TIME. That means that if the guy tries to escape you, but fails....boom, damage. Natures Warrior should be in CWarrior, IIRC.

4 levels of Warshaper are pretty much awesome. This nets you immunity to crits and SA, +5' reach, the ability to have hands while in a big beastly form (for wielding weapons), and a couple other neat abilities. Pretty much awesomesause.

And I'd actually level this way, if I was you.

Ranger5/MoMF2/WS4/NS1/MoMF8 This gets you the most out of those abilities when they are useful.

Also, you want the feat Assume SU Ability, from Savage Species....you can do lots of fun things when you figure out all of the different SU abilities there are out there....beholder lazers PEW PEW!

ChaosDefender24
2009-01-29, 10:47 PM
Well done, if this is all your ideas you seem to have come up with the "classic" MoMF build on your own! I second everyone's ideas to do Nature's Warrior...

go VoP if you must, I suppose... for all the drawbacks such as "oh crap I can't fly," there's plenty of forms that let you fly all around the place.

If you wanted to focus on the eye laz0rz, you're probably going to want to center your whole build around the beholder. For one thing, you've already spent a feat on the ability to get the lasers. For another, you're going to have to turn Cha from a dump stat to one of your chief stats, because those save DC's are Charisma-based.

I think MoMF is one of those classes where you have a lot of feats to spare. Another solid combo, although even more costly in feats, is Frozen Wild Shape and Assume Supernatural Ability (cryobreath). That's 36d6 damage, or roughly 130 damage in a fairly large area, every 1d4 rounds... and a FEROCIOUS attack sequence in between them.

ChaosDefender24
2009-01-29, 10:49 PM
Well done, if this is all your ideas you seem to have come up with the "classic" MoMF build on your own! I second everyone's ideas to do Nature's Warrior...

go VoP if you must, I suppose... for all the drawbacks such as "oh crap I can't fly," there's plenty of forms that let you fly all around the place.

If you wanted to focus on the eye laz0rz, you're probably going to want to center your whole build around the beholder. For one thing, you've already spent a feat on the ability to get the lasers. For another, you're going to have to turn Cha from a dump stat to one of your chief stats, because those save DC's are Charisma-based.

I think MoMF is one of those classes where you have a lot of feats to spare. Another solid combo, although even more costly in feats, is Frozen Wild Shape and Assume Supernatural Ability (cryobreath). That's 36d6 damage, or roughly 130 damage in a fairly large area, every 1d4 rounds... and a FEROCIOUS attack sequence in between them. If you could get the feats to make it work, I suppose Soul Eater is an option if you're going Hydra, to add neg-levels to that whole routine and a quick way to get enhancement bonuses to your stats. VoP is out, however