PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum

WitchSlayer
2009-01-30, 12:20 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44909.html

If you haven't heard of this, consider yourself educated. It looks like it's going to be pretty awesome. They're using the voice actors from the animated series in the game.

Comet
2009-01-30, 04:23 AM
Cool, an actual trailer. This game looks like it could be a big hit.
The environment reminds me of Butcher Bay, and that's a big selling point for me right there. Batman is cooler than Riddick. :smallbiggrin:

Hzurr
2009-01-30, 11:24 AM
You know, say what you will about Heath Ledger, Mark Hammil is still my favorite joker. And Kevin Conroy is still the best Batman.

That being said, the potential of this game is very high. It seems like they're doing a lot of things right (a good blend of stealth, combat, gadgets, etc.). I have high hopes for this game, but batman games have a pretty poor history as video games.

On a side note, did anyone ever play the Batman video game for the Commodore 64? The stupid batplane level where you had to cut the balloons was stupidly hard if you didn't turn on cheats...

Pronounceable
2009-01-30, 03:55 PM
It's about time someone tried to cash in to the latest movie's success...:smallannoyed:
Which doesn't mean I won't play this.

And Hamill might be the best voice ever, but Ledger laughs better.

Icewalker
2009-02-01, 03:14 AM
Looks pretty awesome. I'll most likely get this on PS3 once it comes out.

kpenguin
2009-02-01, 03:26 AM
It's about time someone tried to cash in to the latest movie's success...:smallannoyed:
Which doesn't mean I won't play this.

And Hamill might be the best voice ever, but Ledger laughs better.

I disagree. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM)

What's great about Mark Hamil's Joker laugh is that its so flexible.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-02-01, 03:55 AM
Mike Hamill's Joker is pure evil mockery. A diabolical villain to the core, laughing and playing around, enjoying mayhem and havoc for its own sake.

Heath Ledger's Joker is.. disturbing. He's an element of chaos, he exists outside any human mindset. His presence is ennough to make the mind cripple and crumble, to reveal and exploit the cracks of the society he wants to bring down within a week.

Both are incarnations of what the Joker is, or should be. Neither is better than the other. Heath Ledger's Joker is.. a... one-off thing. You cannot have him as recurring character. He's a plague to be wiped out the second you have the chance to do so.

Geno9999
2009-02-05, 06:59 PM
I saw it at CAD and... It. was. AWESOME!
It's games like these that makes me want a Xbox 360.
:smallbiggrin:heheheh...heheheheh. EHEHEHEHEHAWHWHAWHA!!!

Mando Knight
2009-02-05, 08:41 PM
I give the premise and voice acting choices of this game my approval. :smallbiggrin:

Makes you want to laugh, doesn't it, Playground? Mweh he he he he... mweh he he ha ha ha... AH HAHAHAHAHA!

Rogue 7
2009-02-05, 09:29 PM
Finally, a game I'm looking forward to. DCAU Batman and the Joker are awesome.

hanzo66
2009-02-06, 10:41 PM
Well, Mark Hamill also played The Joker in this week's Robot Chicken, where he delivers the laugh...

While tricking Batman into wading through the sewers and taking a massive dump on him.