2006-10-02, 01:19 AM
Wall of Disintegration
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M
Effect: Field of energy, up to one 10-ft. by 10-ft. sheet per 4 caster levels
Duration: 1 round per level

As disintegrate except as noted.
This spell produces a crackling field of green energy that destroys objects or creatures passing through it, leaving behind only dust.

(There is also a psionic version that I don't have the time to stat out right now. Should be pretty self-evident, though. ;))

Thomar_of_Uointer
2006-10-02, 03:26 PM
Why the living/nonliving limitation? It also doesn't really make sense. Would it be easier to note that it can't disintegrate anything stationary in its effect when it is cast?

Okay, looking at wail of the banshee, the other save-or-die, this looks just fine. It's actually less powerful than a wall of force in terms of battlefield control (the meat shield can just walk through it and make his save). I would actually venture to say it's weak. Maybe Sor/Wiz 8? There shouldn't be a problem with permanizing it, as it's less effective than a wall of force.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-04, 09:15 AM
Hmm. You've definitely got a point...

Okay, I've removed the bit about having to choose living vs. non-living (although non-living would technically include undead and constructs, but eh). Dropped the level to 8th.

Any other suggestions? Any problems with this updated version?

zad101
2006-10-04, 11:16 AM
yay for shiny green walls of doom. Looks good to me except that the size of the wall is a bit small when you compare it to wall of force which is 4x's as large for a spell three levels lower that blocks movement entirely.