Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 23 (+1 Dex, +12 natural), touch 11, flatfooted 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+12
Attack: Slam +12 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +12 melee (1d6+5)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Familial wrath
Special Qualities: Blood bond, construct traits, damage reduction 10/adamantine, darkvision 60 ft., shared flesh, spell resistance 20
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 12, Con –, Int –, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: –
Feats: –
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 9
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always True Neutral
Advancement: 11-18 HD (Medium), 19-25 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: –

Lineal Sentinels are constructs forged to defend a family, created from steel and blood. They are mindlessly loyal to the members of their family, treating any full-blooded member of the family it is bonded to as its master. Lineal Sentinels are humanoid in shape and covered in flesh, appearing to be members of the same race as their master family from afar. However, in plain sight, their artificiality is obvious; their flesh is obviously stretched over the metallic frame, and their face is utterly emotionless. A Lineal Sentinel is utterly selfless, and will do all it can to defend its family.

Familial Wrath (Su)
A Lineal Sentinel gets a +3 enhancement bonus on all attack and damage rolls made against a creature it has seen harm a member of its master family, except in acts of self defense.

Blood Bond (Su)
A Lineal Sentinel may communicate telepathically with any member of its master family within 100 ft. of it.

Shared Flesh (Su)
As a standard action, a Lineal Sentinel may touch a member of its master family to heal him up to 20 hp. However, for every hp healed this way, the Lineal Sentinel takes a point of damage. In addition, a member of the Lineal Sentinel’s family may touch it in order to heal it in this way.

Construction
The body of a Lineal Sentinel is crafted from 750 pounds of iron. Assembling the body requires a DC 15 Craft (armorsmithing) check or a DC 15 Craft (weaponsmithing) check. It must then be treated with a special alchemical mixture, consisting of a pint of blood taken from at least six full-blooded members of the family that is to be the sentinel’s master family, and an assortment of alchemical preservatives and stimulants. The iron and alchemical components are worth a total of 1,000 gp. A Lineal Sentinel must be crafted by a member of the family that is to be its master family.

CL 11th; Craft Construct, bull’s strength, geas/quest, polymorph. Cost 18,500 gp + 700 xp. Price – (never sold).

Toric
2006-10-03, 11:45 PM
Fullblooded family member? How do descendents work into this? Inbreeding aside, it's only a matter of time until a descendant is born that the golem won't serve. This issue will probably never come up in a campaign, but it's the only thing I can nitpick flavor-wise and I wanted to make a post more useful than "Cool. 8)"

Nice creature, by the way. Very easy to imagine one of these being constructed to guard a royal family.

The Demented One
2006-10-03, 11:50 PM
Fullblooded family member? How do descendents work into this? Inbreeding aside, it's only a matter of time until a descendant is born that the golem won't serve. This issue will probably never come up in a campaign, but it's the only thing I can nitpick flavor-wise and I wanted to make a post more useful than "Cool. 8)"

Nice creature, by the way. Very easy to imagine one of these being constructed to guard a royal family.
Yeah, I suppose my definitions were a bit wonky. I intended it to work with anyone whose a member of the family by blood, rather than marriage or adoption, but I don't think the wording reflects that. Maybe just blood member, rather than full-blooded.

Lucid_Archon
2006-10-04, 12:00 AM
Maybe I missed it, but what happens when a member of the golem's family attacks it? Does it just sit there? And what happens if two members of the family are fighting each other? Maybe you could have it follow something like the three laws of robotics.

The Demented One
2006-10-04, 12:03 AM
Maybe I missed it, but what happens when a member of the golem's family attacks it? Does it just sit there?
Yep. See the whole "utterly selfless" bit.

And what happens if two members of the family are fighting each other? Maybe you could have it follow something like the three laws of robotics.
There are already predefined rules for what happens when two creatures attempt to control a creature via magic; which I suspect would be perfectly applicable here.

Golthur
2006-10-04, 12:05 AM
And what happens if two members of the family are fighting each other? Maybe you could have it follow something like the three laws of robotics.
I'd say in case of conflict, oldest generation (that is, the closest relation to the blood of the original six) wins. If they're equal, maybe it picks randomly each round or gets under the equivalent of a confusion spell. Or maybe it's head explodes ;D

bosssmiley
2006-10-04, 02:36 AM
"Where is John Connor?" 8)

GJ Demented, flavourful construct. I picture it as being a lot like one of the quiet, understated Special Branch guys you always see just behind the British Royals. Look like valets or footmen, right up until the point they shoot you for taking a swipe at a prince of the blood.

Personally I'd take a leaf from the "Birthright" conception of divine right and say that the construct defends any member of the immediate ruling family (king/queen, their consort and heirs). The focus of this protection instantly switches in accordance with the legal line of inheritance in the kingdom in the event of a royal death.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-10-04, 10:14 AM
Cool ;D

Reminds me alot of my Light of the Ancestors.