PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Items for a Trippin' Dwarf

Burley
2009-01-30, 04:00 PM
So, I'm starting up with my Lockdown Dwarf Malachai. He'll be wielding a Halberd and wearing Scale Mail. The problem, though, is that's all he's got.
Aside from the standard advernturing pack, The GM is allowing us a +1 item and a +2 item, and we can purchase another item in-character, if the opportunity presents itself.

So, help? I dunno what I should get...

NecroRebel
2009-01-30, 05:49 PM
A +2 Controlling Halberd (AV66) can be very helpful as it increases the distance you push/pull by 1. This lets you take advantage of the Polearm Momentum feat (MP138) more easily, as your push 1s become push 2s and knock prone.

You should also probably pick up +1 armor or a +1 cloak/necklace for defenses. Gauntlets of the Ram (PHB247) are a level 8 item that increases your pushes by 1 as well, again letting you take advantage of Polearm Momentum for more knockdowns.

Unfortunately, there's relatively few trippin' items at the Heroic tier, where I'm assuming you're playing. Most of the terribly trippin' stuff consist of feats that only come into their own at Paragon and/or Epic tier.

KKL
2009-01-30, 08:09 PM
Get 13 Cha so you can pick up the Catspaw Style Arena Feat that lets you do the following:
Footwork Lure (fighter, MP 7): If you hit with this exploit, you can forgo shifting and instead slide the target 1 square to any space adjacent to you.

Combine it with Polearm Momentum and you'll do well. Iron Vanguard is optional.