PDA

View Full Version : Cantrip Master [FEAT]

Halcyon_Dax
2006-10-02, 09:36 PM
Cantrip master
Prerequisites: Able to cast 5th level spells.

Effects:
Prestidigitation is always active.
Cantrips you cast are always quickened silenceced and stilled.
You may cast 2 additional cantrips per day.

Fax Celestis
2006-10-02, 09:38 PM
Gwaahagha! NOnonono! Tooooooo big.

fangthane
2006-10-03, 04:14 PM
In order to cut the cheese factor a bit, I'd do it more like this:

Cantrip Mastery
Prerequisite: Ability to cast cantrips, ability to cast level 3 arcane spells.

Effects: Spellcasters who normally prepare spells may prepare an additional two cantrips per day. Those who normally cast spontaneously may cast an additional 3 cantrips per day.

Improved Cantrip Mastery
Prerequisite: Cantrip Mastery, at least one of Quicken Spell, Silent Spell or Still Spell
Effects: Any cantrip may be designated without advanced preparation or extra casting time to receive the benefit of whichever metamagic feat prerequisite was used for Improved Mastery.
Special: Improved Cantrip Mastery may be selected multiple times, based on a different one of the three available metamagic feats. Its effects do not stack but may permit a caster to apply any one of the three metamagic feats as outlined above.

Having Prestidigitation always-active is already attainable through other feats; it certainly is far too powerful (for any always-on effect) to be bundled in a single feat with abilities such as you've outlined. Especially without a prerequisite of having the feats you're applying to the cantrips.

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-10-03, 08:57 PM
I've never understood the mehcanical appeal of presdigitation.....

Triaxx
2006-10-03, 09:02 PM
Alternatively:

Cantrip Knowledge
Prerequisite: Ability to cast cantrips, Wisdom of 18

Effects:Cantrips without Metamagic may be cast as swift actions, once per turn. A second cantrip is counted as a standard action.

For the Clerics and Druids out there.

Dhavaer
2006-10-03, 09:02 PM
I've never understood the mehcanical appeal of presdigitation.....

It's the coolest spell in the universe. Like a tiny, inneffectual Wish.

Golthur
2006-10-04, 12:25 AM
It's the coolest spell in the universe. Like a tiny, inneffectual Wish.
Exactly. It should be called spell-that-does-anything-I-want-so-long-as-it's-useless.

It's a roleplayer's dream. I love it.