PDA

View Full Version : Banner Dimensions?

The Neoclassic
2009-01-30, 10:42 PM
I want to make a banner for my signature... Are there any "standard" banner dimensions, or do I just pick some numbers that look good and go for it? I use Inkscape, if anyone has any banner pointer tips for it...

celtois
2009-01-30, 10:54 PM
The total width of images in your signature may not exceed 468 pixels. This may be comprised of one or more images.

The total height of images in your signature may not exceed 120 pixels. This may be comprised of one or more images.

Any images in a spoiler may not exceed 300 pixels high by 468 pixels wide.

Total height of your signature may not exceed 12 lines or equivalent. A smaller font may allow additional lines and a larger font will count against multiple lines. A 120 pixel high image is equivalent to 8 lines, a spoiler with no blank lines around it is equivalent to 2 lines. Please be aware of text wrapping as long lines will count as multiple lines at our discretion.

The maximum size for any avatar is 50kb.

The maximum total size for your avatar and every image in your signature, including those in spoilers cannot exceed 300kb.

Avatars and signature images must be static (ie. not animated). Animated avatars or signature images will be subject to immediate removal.

Animated images are still allowed as post content (preferably in a spoiler) but not in your signature or as an avatar as they detract from the rest of the forums when they are attached to every post.

Also, please note that if a change is made to your signature or avatar either directly by a moderator or by way of a moderator request, changing it back to something that does not comply with these rules would lead to an infraction. This falls under the existing rules regarding changing moderator made edits or ignoring/disregarding a moderator.

Object
Rule
Maximum Total Width of Images 468px
Maximum Total Height of Images 120px
Maximum Height of Images in Spoiler 300px
Maximum Total Height of Signature 12 lines or equivalent (ie. 4 lines + 120px high image)
Maximum Avatar Size 50kb
Maximum Total Image Size (Avatar and Sig) 300kb
Animated Signatures Not allowed
Animated Avatars Not Allowed

Copyrighted Material and OotS Images
Using copyrighted artwork as an avatar is technically illegal unless you have the permission of the copyright holder. Even if the art is modified in some way, the original copyright still stands and you can't use it as an avatar. Rich Burlew has specifically requested that people NOT use his OOTS art as avatar image, other than those he has specifically provided as the default message board avatars. If you want an OOTS-style avatar, there are many burgeoning avatar artists hanging around the Arts and Crafts forum who might make one for you.

Any avatar image that is found to be used without the permission of the copyright holder will be removed. If the creator of an avatar personally approaches the GITP staff and claims that their creation is being used without permission by another poster--as might be the case if they requested credit for the avatar and then were denied such--the Moderators will remove the avatar immediately. The first instance of this will incur a Warning, but should the member reinstate his or her violating avatar or create another avatar that also violates the rules, he or she will be issued an Infraction.

The rules.. I recommend you read them. I didn't read them carefully and got warned by a mod.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-30, 11:00 PM
Excellent; thanks!