PDA

View Full Version : Project FINAL

sekaiichibannobaka
2006-10-03, 06:35 AM
As you all have read from my two posts,namely the Scourge prestige class and the Red Mage class from 'I need help.Bad',I am currently making a campaign world based on the RPG series Final Fantasy.I am,actually basing it on the MMORPG version of the game,namely Final Fantasy XI.
As you have all seen,I am new to this,and for some unknown reason,the classes are ridiculously powerful,thus I am initiating the project here,for discussion.I will post class datas here,and I hope you all can help me on it.

The classes[basic] in the campaign setting are:

Siege[Fighter]
Black Mage[Wizard]
Monk[Monk]
Red Mage[Rogue/Wizard/Cleric]
Rogue[Rogue]
White Mage[Cleric]

The basic classes I have no problem with,seeing that their just changes of the D&D classes,with the exception of the RM[which a lot of you have and are contributing to fix,I thank you.]

Now,the PRESTIGE CLASSES on the other hand,are of the following:

Bard[I sort of overpowered them,with singing skills that give the Mass Cat Grace effects and so forth.]
Beastmaster[Think Battle Druid with animals and shapeshifting.]
Dragoon[Will post what I did with them below,incomplete,need lots of help.]
Paladin[Paladins.Prestige version.Will modify.]
Ranger[Arcane Archer?hmmm....]
Scourge[the Dark Knight.prc of bbr/blackguard.]
Summoner[Summon,summon,and err.....boost summon?]

PRESTIGE CLASS NUMBER 1:

This is the incomplete version of the Dragoon[I ran out of ideas for it. :-/]

Prestige Class

Dragoon

PREQUISITES:SKILLS: Jump 15 ranks,Tumble 10 ranks
: FEATS:Weapon Proficiency Spear
: DEITY:Bahamut or Tiamat

CLASS SKILLS:Climb[Str],Craft[Int],Handle Animal[Cha],Jump[Str],Profession[Wis],Tumble[Dex]
SKILL POINTS AT EACH ADDITIONAL LEVEL:2+Int Modifier.

CLASS FEATURES:

HIT DICE:d8
WEAPON AND ARMOUR PROFICIENCY:The dragoon is proficient with all simple weapons,including

the Glaive,Guirsame,Halberd and Lance and Ranseur,light and medium armour,but not heavy armour and shields.

Precise Strike:The dragoon may make a Precise Strike as per the Duelist skill of the same name,starting at level one.The damage increases by 1 dice of damage at 5th level,and another dice at 10th level.[1d6 at lv 1,2d6 at lv5,3d6 at lv 10]

Rei's Wind:All allies within a 30 foot radius from the dragoon regenerates 1 hit point/half the dragoons+dragoon Wis modifier level every round,rounded up.The duration of this skill is 3+the Wis modifier of the dragoon.

I was thinking about giving him a 'dragonbane' weapon at early levels,and immunity to a dragon's breath attack.I'm also having trouble adjudicating the dragoons famous 'Jump' skill.What do you guys think?Help is truly,madly needed.Thanks.

Fizban
2006-10-03, 01:49 PM
The dragoon or lancer can be made without it's own prestige class. (will edit for link when I get home).

Edit: Link (http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=5436939&postcount=104)

In case you didn't read that, baisically for the dragoon it's all about a few specific feats and getting the ability to full attack on a charge. Once you have the key parts the rest of the build is up to you. And don't forget the new feat Leap of the Heavens in the PHBII: removes the need to move before jumping. Jump 90'+ from standstill? Awesome.

Seraph
2006-10-03, 04:26 PM
Ive made a Dark Knight PrC myself, actually. see sig.

sekaiichibannobaka
2006-10-03, 06:37 PM
Hey,thanks.My original Drk was a bbr/blackguard class that was,as usual,unbalanced.Hope you don't mind me using yours. :)