PDA

View Full Version : Undying Avatar [Epic Destiny][3.5]

The Demented One
2009-01-30, 11:49 PM
Undying Avatar

http://wizards.com/dnd/images/eb_gallery/82164.jpg

Destiny has called you to the Undying Court of Aerenal, the deathless godhead of the elves acknowledging you as one of its own. Your life passes, but your soul lives on in flesh, a deathless spirit sustained by the undimmed power of life itself and the suppliant worship of the entire nation of Aerenal. Soon, you shall ascend to the ranks of divinity, channeling the deific power of the Undying Court along with your fellow deathless–but before you can pass into godhood, there is one last quest you must undertake.

3.5 Epic Destiny Rules (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20080428)

Requirements: 21st level, Elf, region of origin Aerenal

{table=head]Level|Benefit
21st|Undying Apotheosis
24th|Righteous Aura
27th|Sacred Phlactery
30th|Hallowed Lore
[/table]

Undying Apotheosis (Ex)
At 21st level, your type changes to Deathless. All your hit dice are replaced by d12’s, which you must immediately reroll. You lose your Constitution score, but gain immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, death effects, and mind-affecting spells and abilities. You are not subject to extra damage from critical hits, sneak attack damage, ability damage to physical ability scores, fatigue, exhaustion, or any other effect that requires a Fortitude save, except for energy drain. Positive energy still heals you, and negative energy still harms you. Clerics who can turn undead can instead rebuke you, while clerics who rebuke undead can instead turn you. You are not subject to death from massive damage, but are destroyed at 0 hp. You can only be raised from the dead by resurrection, true resurrection, and abilities of similar power.

Righteous Aura (Su)
At 24th level, you radiate a constant hallow effect, with caster level equal to your character level. In addition, you and all your allies within the area of this emanation gain a +5 deflection bonus to AC, a +5 resistance bonus on saving throws, and spell resistance 12 + your character level. However, the spell resistance only applies against spells cast by evil characters or spells with the evil descriptor.

Sacred Phylactery (Su)
At 27th level, you perform a consecrated rite that imbues up to four close companions with a portion of your sacred blood. The ritual takes 24 hours. Whenever you die, you may choose to send your soul to reside alongside that of any of your ritual companions. While residing within your companion, you may communicate telepathically with them and see through their senses, although you cannot take any actions or do anything other than communicate. After inhabiting a companion’s body for 24 hours, your life force is sufficiently renewed to restore you to hallowed unlife. A burst of light streaks from the possessed companion’s eyes and hands, loosing a font of light that rematerializes into your body and gear. Once you have performed this ritual, you may never designate new companions with it–it is an eternal commitment. However, all Aereni elves are treated as ritual companions, in addition, to those you designate.

Hallowed Lore
At 30th level, your fellow deathless councilors impart unto you secrets of ancient and powerful magic. When you gain this destiny feature, you may choose either the deathless champion or sacred necromancer ability.

Deathless Champion (Su)
You may use hero’s blade once per encounter as a swift action, with caster level equal to your character level and a DC equal to 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Strength modifier.

Sacred Necromancer (Su)
As a swift action, you may animate any dead humanoid as a dead humanoid creature as an Undying Soldier under your control. The total number of Undying Soldiers you may control with this ability is equal to your character level. In addition, once per day, you may animate a corpse as an undying councilor, although you may only ever control a single councilor.

Immortality: Godhead
With your quest complete, you ascend to the ranks of the Undying Court. Your soul joins in union with the ranks of ascendant counselors, becoming one with the divine pantheon that leads Aerenal. Priests call upon your power, and miracles are worked in your name. Your legacy is inscribed in the histories of Aerenal, and your name becomes an incantation of protection and weal.

Limos
2009-01-31, 12:41 AM
Is this rules for becoming a sacred mummy?

I have to say I like the vibe it gives off.

The Demented One
2009-01-31, 12:45 AM
Is this rules for becoming a sacred mummy?

I have to say I like the vibe it gives off.
More of a sacred god of death. It's an epic destiny, a special suite of abilities available to characters at the more ridiculously high levels, culminating in immortality. Check the link at the top for more.

RTGoodman
2009-01-31, 01:27 AM
Looks good overall to me, like the rest of your 3.x Epic Destinies. Quick question: where is the hero's blade spell located? You might could mention that in the entry just for reference.

The Demented One
2009-01-31, 01:37 AM
Looks good overall to me, like the rest of your 3.x Epic Destinies. Quick question: where is the hero's blade spell located? You might could mention that in the entry just for reference.
It's in the Eberron Campaign Setting.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-01-31, 01:56 AM
I must say, this makes me almost wish I'd played an elf instead of Vaajek. Good job. Also, get on AIM, won't you?

The Demented One
2009-01-31, 02:09 AM
I must say, this makes me almost wish I'd played an elf instead of Vaajek. Good job. Also, get on AIM, won't you?
My internet's all screwy, it won't let me get on AIM. Grr.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-01-31, 02:14 AM
My internet's all screwy, it won't let me get on AIM. Grr.

Grr. 10char.

The Demented One
2009-01-31, 02:16 AM
Grr. 10char.
Oh, and by the way, you should make that Army of One/Scarlet Bravura class. How're you gonna be leading any hobgoblins without that?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-01-31, 02:21 AM
Oh, and by the way, you should make that Army of One/Scarlet Bravura class. How're you gonna be leading any hobgoblins without that?

By Jove, you're right.