2006-09-30, 11:36 AM
Gurney's Instant Cuppa'
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: 0ft
Effect: 1 cup of tea
Duration: Permanent or until discharged (see below)

This spell creates a cup of tea in the casters hand. The caster has several options when casting this spell.

The cup may be:
A china mug
A china teacup
A polystyrene cup
A bowl

The tea may be:
Black, no sugar
Milk, no sugar
Black, sugar
Milk, sugar
Green tea

The caster sets the temperature of the tea at time of casting. The tea cools at a normal rate, although magic can be used to stop this as normal. Once the cup has been emptied, it disappears.

martyboy74
2006-09-30, 11:53 AM
What's damage for throwing coffee or tea in someone's eyes?

Were-Sandwich
2006-09-30, 12:01 PM
What's damage for throwing coffee or tea in someone's eyes?
I dunno. Not mch. Its designed for a character of mine. He likes tea. Just like I do. And it doesn't make coffee.

martyboy74
2006-09-30, 12:05 PM
This seems more like a cantrip in that case.

Were-Sandwich
2006-09-30, 12:10 PM
Damn, I could have sworn I made it a cantrip. Yes, its supposed to be a cantrip. Will edit.....

kailin
2006-09-30, 01:03 PM
. . . Polystyrene? What be this strange stuff of which ye speak, traveller? China cups FTW.

What, no tea: Earl grey, hot? Try harder.

:P

Seriously, it should be instant duration, or else you'll have a magic aura on you after you drink it -- not to mention dispel magic would kill the caffeine boost.

Were-Sandwich
2006-09-30, 01:05 PM
What, no tea: Earl grey, hot? Try harder.

:P

Seriously, it should be instant duration, or else you'll have a magic aura on you after you drink it -- not to mention dispel magic would kill the caffeine boost.
Yeah, but then unscrupulous PC's (read: Me) could sell the china cups produced, as instantaneous durations don't have "until discharged" clauses.

HellFencer
2006-09-30, 01:13 PM
You could always have the cup (and contents) last 1 hour per caster level, and always stay at the set temperature. This would allow you to be somewhat unscrupulous, but also deter you from doing it alot, as townsfolk will get pretty upset that they no longer have a cup to drink from.

Alternatively, it could last as long as you concentrate on it. Thus, you sit there and drink it, thinking "I'm not done yet, I'm not done yet..." ;D

SilveryCord
2006-09-30, 11:38 PM
Green tea can't have sugar in it?

knightsaline
2006-10-01, 05:20 AM
Yeah, but then unscrupulous PC's (read: Me) could sell the china cups produced, as instantaneous durations don't have "until discharged" clauses.

unscrupulous players will use this spell anyway, open a roaming tea stall (like the music shop from soul music), sell the tea with cups. disappear when the angry hordes come to ask where there new cups have gone.

another use for this spell will require a slight tweak (immediate action instead), then the battle against the really civilised bad guy will last for as long as the others need to get into position ("before you attack me, why don't we drink some tea?" then just keep making tea untill the bad guy needs to go for a toilet break. then kill him)

for the coffee lovers, just change the name to Gurney's Instant Joe.

fangthane
2006-10-01, 01:49 PM
I have to admit... As spells go, it does seem Mostly Harmless...

Sorry, I had to. I really did.

Matthew
2006-10-03, 12:49 PM
Very nice; is there a Coffee variant?

Fax Celestis
2006-10-03, 01:33 PM
You could solve the "selling the cup" issue by making it have V, F for components, making the cup the focus. That'd mean you'd have to have a cup to begin with, and you could then make it an instantaneous spell.