PDA

View Full Version : Pairs in the Playground

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lord Herman
2009-01-31, 06:11 PM
Pairs
in the Playground

Main Thread | Nominations | Polls

Welcome to Pairs in the Playground, the thirty-first ...in the Playground contest. This contest was a little different from usual. Instead of competing alone, contestants ran as a pair. The categories were Friends, Nemeses, Couple, and Boss/Underling in the Playground.

Friends in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_FriendsGold.png
With 23 votes, Reinholdt and Wolfbane win Friends in the Playground!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_FriendsSilver.png
radikalskippy and Haruki-kun win silver with 15 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_FriendsBronze.png
banjo1985 and dallas-dakota got 12 votes, which gets them the bronze trophy.

Nemeses in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_NemesesGold.png
RabbitHoleLost and NinjaChocobo are voted the nemesisiest with 28 votes!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_NemesesSilver.pnghttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
First in the nominations but second in the polls are Player Zero and Rutskarn with 15 votes. They also get a Magtok Award.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_NemesesBronze.png
Fredthefigher and Grim ranger get the bronze trophy with 6 votes.

Couple in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_CoupleGold.png
The gold trophy goes to Alarra and Zeb the Troll, who got 28 votes!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_CoupleSilver.png
Cristo Meyers and LadyMeyers got 14 votes, which earns them the silver trophy.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_CoupleBronze.png
Moofin Bard and FireFox got 7 votes. They get the bronze trophy.

Boss and Underling in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_BossUnderlingGold.png
With no less than 34 votes, happyturtle and Lex-kat are voted Mistress and Henchpixie in the Playground!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_BossUnderlingSilver.pnghttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
KidKris and Darkcomet got 13 votes, which wins them a silver trophy and a Magtok Award.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Pairs_BossUnderlingBronze.png
Durp and Jjkaybomb get the bronze trophy with 4 votes.

Amiria
2009-01-31, 06:18 PM
Ui, ideas that include myself:

Amiria, Countess of Mispelling vs. Face of Evil for the Nemesis pair.

Amiria, Countess of Mispelling & Death, your friend the Reaper for the Boss/Underling pair. (I am Death's Boss in the Town where he is the ferryman for my tower on the lake, although we both (well, I can only really speak for myself here) aren't really active in the Town anymore.)

Almighty Salmon
2009-01-31, 06:18 PM
Dr. Bath, you lying fake-doctor, I'm calling you out!

We are so totally Nemeses in the Playground!

D_Lord
2009-01-31, 06:21 PM
I'm fine for being a Nemeses, but who wants me, Blue_ghost or Saint Nil?

\/Magtok left.

Deathslayer7
2009-01-31, 06:25 PM
nvm then. filler

Darkcomet
2009-01-31, 06:26 PM
But Magtok is gone. :smallfrown:

Saint Nil
2009-01-31, 06:28 PM
He is? I sent him a PM, and if he dosn't respond or says no, then I'll run agasint you D-Lord.

D_Lord
2009-01-31, 06:29 PM
Its a with/against thing this time.
\/He is still leaving.

Saint Nil
2009-01-31, 06:35 PM
Yay, sorry, bad grammer. No offense D-Lord, but me and Magtok have that mutual respect of each other. I intend to destroy you, honestly, but I can redeem Magtok(in theory). You, your a manifestation of pure evil. My ultimate enemy really.

Szilard
2009-01-31, 06:41 PM
...I just have to find a friend.:smallsmile:

Saint Nil
2009-01-31, 06:41 PM
Ok, so

Saint Nil and D_Lord for Nemeses in the Playground.

Hey Deathslayer, want to run with me for couple?:smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2009-01-31, 06:45 PM
Remember, though, that you can't be a final candidate for multiple categories. You can run for more than one category, but that might lessen your chances to actually win, seeing as you can't be nominated for more than one category by the same person.

Darkcomet
2009-01-31, 06:47 PM
Hehe.

I've sent a PM to see if someone would like to run for Boss/Underling with me.

Three guesses who it is.

Deathslayer7
2009-01-31, 06:49 PM
Ok, so

Saint Nil and D_Lord for Nemeses in the Playground.

Hey Deathslayer, want to run with me for couple?:smallbiggrin:

I'll let you run for Nemesis. :smallsmile:

Szilard
2009-01-31, 06:51 PM
Alarra and Zeb would probably win for couple in the playground.

Deathslayer7
2009-01-31, 06:51 PM
idk. Cristo and Lady Meyers might put up a fight. :smallbiggrin:

Almighty Salmon
2009-01-31, 06:52 PM
Or Castaras and Exachix.

happyturtle
2009-01-31, 06:53 PM
Lex-kat and I are running for Boss/Underling Mistress/Henchpixie itp

Llama231
2009-01-31, 06:54 PM
Afroakuma and Everyone for Nemesis.:smalltongue:

Saint Nil
2009-01-31, 06:59 PM
In light of that, I'll just run for nemeses. Thanks Hermen and DS7.:smallbiggrin:

UncleWolf
2009-01-31, 07:13 PM
Can you run for more than one?:smallconfused:

Deathslayer7
2009-01-31, 07:17 PM
you can run for more then one, but you can only be nominated for one.

Lord Herman
2009-01-31, 07:18 PM
You can run for more than one category.

You can't nominate the same person for more than one category.

You can't be the final candidate in more than one category. If you are nominated for more than one category, you'll only be a candidate for the one you have the most votes for.

UncleWolf
2009-01-31, 07:26 PM
Vote Reinholdt and Wolfbane for Friends itp!

Darkcomet
2009-01-31, 07:33 PM
Vote Darkcomet and KidKris for Boss/Underling itP!

Or we'll send out the assassin droid. :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2009-01-31, 07:37 PM
>>
What he said.

Deathslayer7
2009-01-31, 07:39 PM
are you sure you two are in the right category? :smallamused:

Mustiado
2009-01-31, 07:40 PM
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. And let me thank you for taking the time to read the reasoning behind the winning nemeses ITP post.

When you think of your nemesis, what comes to mind? Good v. Evil? Truly, a classic conundrum, but one that has been played out so many times and in so many ways. Smart v. dumb? Again, a fun and classic pairing, but one that leaves dumb a bit on the short end of the stick.

Truly, for the Silly Message Board Games Nemeses ITP, WW games have to be considered. And in these games, only one feud is so titanic, so well-known, so monumental that everyone who is reminded of the inciting incident goes "... Oh yeah, that one. Wow."

That, my friends, is Mustiado v. Freshmeat. All of our earlier themes are encompassed. Mustiado, struggling on the side of the good hearted villagers, only to have Freshmeat's nefarious plans thwart him. Freshmeat's cold, calculating intelligence fouled up by my boneheaded maneuvers. Truly, a rivalry nearly as epic as Pirate v. Ninja, spanning back well over a year in the history of the playground.

So when you vote for your nemesis pairs, remember that only one set of rivals has spawned their own cliche'd name, as well as a poster and the only "The Day Candyland Broke" approved rivalry.

Vote Freshmeat/Mustiado. It almost sounds like a Ron Howard film.

((This campaign ad submitted in the absence of Freshmeat, but I trust he wouldn't mind. I miss him around here.))

Rutskarn
2009-01-31, 07:41 PM
I'm going to try to wrangle Player Zero and I into Nemeses ITP.

Ashen Lilies
2009-01-31, 07:42 PM
Announcement: Attention, Meatbags!
Speech: It has recently come to my attention that a new competition has arisen. After a quick scouting of the thread, the possible sniper points around the thread, load bearing structures within the thread, and all possible exit routes from the thread, I have deemed the Boss/Underling trophy worthy of my, I mean, my master's trophy rack. Unfortunately, due to this meaningless system of voting you call 'democracy', it has become impossible for my master and I to simply win this trophy out right (as we, of course, are the only ones here who deserve it), and so we must, like common meat-rabble, run for the position.
Conclusion: Therefore, Meatbags of the Playground I present you with an ultimatum.
Ultimatum: Vote Master Darkcomet and I for Boss/Underling in the Playground, or I will blow your squishy meatbag brains out of your skulls.
Catchy Slogan: A vote for Darkcomet and KidKris is a vote for (your) survival!

UncleWolf
2009-01-31, 07:44 PM
are you sure you two are in the right category? :smallamused:

Just wait until you hear our slogan. :smallamused:

Darkcomet
2009-01-31, 07:45 PM
Announcement: Attention, Meatbags!
Speech: It has recently come to my attention that a new competition has arisen. After a quick scouting of the thread, the possible sniper points around the thread, load bearing structures within the thread, and all possible exit routes from the thread, I have deemed the Boss/Underling trophy worthy of my, I mean, my master's trophy rack. Unfortunately, due to this meaningless system of voting you call 'democracy', it has become impossible for my master and I to simply win this trophy out right (as we, of course, are the only ones here who deserve it), and so we must, like common meat-rabble, run for the position.
Conclusion: Therefore, Meatbags of the Playground I present you with an ultimatum.
Ultimatum: Vote Master Darkcomet and I for Boss/Underling in the Playground, or I will blow your squishy meatbag brains out of your skulls.

*nods approvingly*

You heard the droid!

Deathslayer7
2009-01-31, 07:46 PM
Just wait until you hear our slogan. :smallamused:

ooooh. I wanna see this. :smallbiggrin::smallamused:

wxdruid
2009-01-31, 07:47 PM
The oldest nemesis pair I know of is El Jaspero the Pirate King and blackfox.

She'd always attempt to sneak up on him in Trog's Tavern...hehe

Saint Nil
2009-01-31, 07:47 PM
Fur some reason, I sense HoYay.

Rutskarn
2009-01-31, 07:49 PM
Fur some reason, I sense HoYay.

If you're talking about PZ and I, it's...well, let's just say it's been done.

I'd really rather not link to the source.

Ashen Lilies
2009-01-31, 07:51 PM
Irritated Statement: Your puns displease me. For that you must die, Meatbag. :smallannoyed:

((Yes, I will be speaking like that for the entire competition. Even in other threads. Meatbag.))

Lord Herman
2009-01-31, 07:52 PM
((This campaign ad submitted in the absence of Freshmeat, but I trust he wouldn't mind. I miss him around here.))

Do note that I need both your and Freshmeat's approval to include you in the polls.

Thes Hunter
2009-01-31, 07:59 PM
Nemsis: El Jasparo the Pirate King vs. Blackfox

Couple: Alarra and Zeb the Troll

Friends: Mordokai and Cristo Meyers

Boss & Underling: I have no idea.

UncleWolf
2009-01-31, 08:00 PM
Here goes nothing.

"We're Playboys of the Playground World"

Rutskarn
2009-01-31, 08:02 PM
Nemsis: El Jasparo the Pirate King vs. Blackfox

Couple: Alarra and Zeb the Troll

Friends: Mordokai and Cristo Meyers

Boss & Underling: I have no idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the personages in question need to volunteer themselves?

Selrahc
2009-01-31, 08:03 PM
Murska and Jontom Xire should try out for Nemesis in the Playground.

Reinholdt
2009-01-31, 08:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the personages in question need to volunteer themselves?

Not entirely. They have to accept the nominations, but people can get nominated without them even knowing the contest exists.

Rutskarn
2009-01-31, 08:07 PM
Not entirely. They have to accept the nominations, but people can get nominated without them even knowing the contest exists.

Considering Jaspero seems to have been MIA for a couple years now, I'd say the above nomination is a scrub.

Deathslayer7
2009-01-31, 08:13 PM
Here goes nothing.

"We're Playboys of the Playground World"

:biggrin:

I'm going to have too much fun with that. :smallamused:

happyturtle
2009-01-31, 08:20 PM
Once upon a time, long ago and far away in the Shipping thread, Lex-kat asked if she could join me in the Evil League of Evil. I told her that she wasn't nearly evil enough for full membership, and invited her to be my henchpixie instead. She accepted.

Since then, she's been by my side through thick and thin. Kidnappings, alignment changes, attack of the apocalypse kitties... nothing has shaken our loyalty to one another.

That's why, when it comes time to choose Boss/Underling itp, you should vote

Happyturtle and Lex-kat
for Boss/Underling Mistress/Henchpixie itp

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/PromavvieforHappyTurtle-1.png http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/Avatars/Krysta.png

Thes Hunter
2009-01-31, 08:20 PM
I know that at least once I wasn't aware I had the honor of being nominated until well after the voting had started.

Lord Herman
2009-01-31, 08:35 PM
A few contests ago, a mod told me I'm not allowed to include people in a poll without their consent, so I added this rule. It's actually quite convenient for me, because it automatically filters out inactive forum members.

Ashen Lilies
2009-01-31, 08:43 PM
We'll vote for you HT!
*is shot*

Irritated Query: Why do you meatbags always tempt fate?

Boo
2009-01-31, 09:14 PM
>>
<<

Blue Umbrella and Rutskarn for Nemesis itP?

Ashen Lilies
2009-01-31, 10:16 PM
Query: What happened to you and Red Sock? :smallconfused:

Duos
2009-01-31, 10:27 PM
I seem to vaguely recall some emnity between a certain salmon and a chicken... What happened to that, anyways?

Ashen Lilies
2009-01-31, 10:37 PM
Answer: It's been replaced by a Salmon and a Bathtub.

Rutskarn
2009-01-31, 10:38 PM
>>
<<

Blue Umbrella and Rutskarn for Nemesis itP?

If PZ falls through, yes. Otherwise, we'll see.

Fan
2009-01-31, 10:51 PM
Hmm, wonder if I can coax Vespe of Crazy hiatus to run with me for nemeisis itp.:smallamused:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-31, 11:00 PM
How many of you running for Nemeses itP actually dislike eachother and have had Playground-wide feuds?
None, I'd be willing to bet.
Ninja Chocobo and I?
We hate eachother. We have willingly and openly (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5336075&postcount=180) declared our loathing for the other. I'm fairly certain the only reason he voted for Vampiric for Vampire itP was to keep me from winning.
I, on the other hand, have tormented the man in the most deserving of ways, whether it was following him around (I stopped my lurking status in ABR just to bother him) or disagreeing with him in any manner or any thread possible.

RabbitHoleLost and MeanyfaceNinja Chocobo for Nemeses itP. 'Cause we really hate eachother. Really.

((Yes, I did get permission and approval from Ninja Chocobo to run with him...))

Felixaar
2009-01-31, 11:02 PM
Hmm... there's no brother/sister category so I can't go running with naddy... and my nemesis isn't even here right now... I'm too much of a swinging bachelor to run as a couple...

Wah, if only I had friends :smallannoyed: :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-31, 11:06 PM
So maybe Rabbit and NinjaChocobo hate each other for srs.

But...

Did they have a giant, three-round, no holds barred fight to the death? Did one of them feign being good just to stab the other in the back at their wedding? Has one of them ever cast Dispel Trousers on the other?

No.

I rest my case.

Vote Saxon Vespe and Fanboy for Nemeses ItP. Or we'll go all Enemy Mine (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EnemyMine) on you.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-31, 11:13 PM
And you'll, what, Vespe?
Win this and go away again?
Great big point to vote for you there. It's In the Playground for a reason.
So, unless you're going to stick around, I wouldn't bother.
Please stay D=

Reinholdt
2009-01-31, 11:17 PM
*tackles Vespe and pins him to the playground with a very large thumbtack*
You can totally bribe my vote by sticking around.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-31, 11:17 PM
And you'll, what, Vespe?
Win this and go away again?
Great big point to vote for you there. It's In the Playground for a reason.
So, unless you're going to stick around, I wouldn't bother.
Please stay D=
It's not for me, it's for Fan. Besides, consider it my last hurrah, a salute to all the fun times I've had here.
No. Sorry. =\

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-31, 11:20 PM
It's not for me, it's for Fan. Besides, consider it my last hurrah, a salute to all the fun times I've had here.
No. Sorry. =\
Fan runs in almost every competition.
Besides, if you're not around, there is no pair.

Boo
2009-01-31, 11:21 PM
Query: What happened to you and Red Sock? :smallconfused:

He proved to be a terrible nemesis.

Felixaar
2009-01-31, 11:22 PM
Has one of them ever cast Dispel Trousers on the other?

Considering you're both men, this is not a point in your favor...

Deathslayer7
2009-01-31, 11:25 PM
lol :smallbiggrin:

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-31, 11:33 PM
Fine. I'm sorry I even thought of running. I was just trying to help Fan.

Goodbye. Again.

Darkcomet
2009-01-31, 11:44 PM
*blinks*

*opens mouth as if to speak, but says nothing*

Szilard
2009-01-31, 11:57 PM
But... He made a Doctor Who reference! Why does he have to go?:smallfrown:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-31, 11:58 PM
v.v I didn't mean to run him out...
Great, now I've lost what little time we would have had with him, all because I was bitter about him leaving in general...

UncleWolf
2009-02-01, 12:04 AM
v.v I didn't mean to run him out...
Great, now I've lost what little time we would have had with him, all because I was bitter about him leaving in general...

Just lighten up on him and chances are that he'll come back.
Besides, no one stays away for long.

Take a look at Dragonprime.:smallamused:

Deathslayer7
2009-02-01, 12:21 AM
one of us.... one of us.... one of

*smacks self*

Ninja Chocobo
2009-02-01, 12:25 AM
How many of you running for Nemeses itP actually dislike eachother and have had Playground-wide feuds?

Well, what can I say that hasn't been said?
Not much.
So, yeah. Vote 1 me and RHL, NemesesITP.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-01, 12:28 AM
Well, what can I say that hasn't been said?
Not much.
So, yeah. Vote 1 me and RHL, NemesesITP.

Listen to the jerk ugly smelly Chocobo.

Duos
2009-02-01, 12:58 AM
Ok, I may or may not vote for you two, but the speed with which RHL got that banner up is astounding.

Alarra
2009-02-01, 01:12 AM
Vote Zeb and Alarra, Couple in the Playground!

Ninja Chocobo
2009-02-01, 02:08 AM
Ok, I may or may not vote for you two, but the speed with which RHL got that banner up is astounding.

Oi, I made the banner.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-01, 02:25 AM
I an think of Beans and Crimsonangel for nemeses... :smalltongue:

ghost_warlock
2009-02-01, 02:30 AM
Hm. Other than Friends-itp w/ 2bw, which is perhaps not as grandiose a friendship as some of the other longer-standing partnerships, I don't think I really qualify as any of the other categories - I'm certainly not the worse half of a couple, I serve no masters, and I have no underlings. Although, Coidzor did recently say something in the Crush thread about me being a leader...

Anyway, I don't suppose I can run as my own nemesis? :smallconfused: Though, unfortunately, I admit that I exist as a collaboration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A) between myself and my own darker, self-destructive half, so we're really much more cooperative than the other possible nemesis pairs.

Rutskarn
2009-02-01, 02:38 AM
Don't lock in your votes for Nemeses ITP until I get confirmation from PZ.

Elrond
2009-02-01, 02:57 AM
Awww:smallfrown: i would enter but i dont have a partner:smallfrown: someone?? anyone??

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-01, 03:08 AM
I would voluenteer, but I don;t really think I qualify for any catagories with anybody at all.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-01, 03:22 AM
Dallas-Dakota and Banjo1985 for Friends itp!(Since like, we joined)
Dallas-Dakota and Felixaar for Friends itp!(we're friends, and we both crush on Drider, does that count for something?)

Dallas-Dakota and Atreyu The Masked Llama for Boss and Underlin!g(I am his ebil minion, and he is my ebil overlord)
Dallas-Dakota and Uncle Festy for Boss and Underling! (I'm his zombie minion and he's my zombie master)

Dallas-Dakota and Castaras for Nemesis(It's with a I I say!) itp! (We're both competitive foodamancers. Usually our cookies and pies are waging war. Our nemesis against eachother might not be the most visible, but it is there...Oh yes it is there...)

Dallas-Dakota and uhmm....Halp? I need somebody to be a couple with...Hm, I would ask Em, but do I want to know what her brother would do to me? Or atleast threaten me with? Nadia doesn't really hang around SMBG anymore, atleast I haven't seen her here lately... And I havent seen Gem in some time, and then she usually hangs out in FFR......And I haven't seen Pocketa at all.....

And Tempest, I would say that we could run for Friends itp, but I 'm already running with Banjo(even if he doesn't know it yet) and Felixaar....

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-01, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the offer.:smallsmile: I was only really volenteering for people who don't have anyone else to run with (you've already got 2 options for Friend, so I'm better off not running with you).

Mordokai
2009-02-01, 03:31 AM
Nuts, seems me and Cristo can't really run for any of these categories :smallsmile: Maybe the whole Boss/Underling thing, but it's rather far fetched to me.

What say you, brother? :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-01, 03:35 AM
Hey look! A campaign banner! Now we're the second pair to have one.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-01, 03:36 AM
DD, sweetie, nemesis with an I is singular, nemeses is plural =P

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-01, 03:39 AM
DD, sweetie, nemesis with an I is singular, nemeses is plural =P
Drat. Curse the english language for confusing me so!:smallannoyed::smalltongue:Thenks for explaining.

Dr. Bath
2009-02-01, 09:02 AM
Dr. Bath, you lying fake-doctor, I'm calling you out!

We are so totally Nemeses in the Playground!

Oh it is on NOW!

I seem to vaguely recall some emnity between a certain salmon and a chicken... What happened to that, anyways?

Answer: It's been replaced by a Salmon and a Bathtub.

Pft. I was there first. I just let the landfish get in a little practice with another nemesis. It would be no fun if I stomped him too quickly. :smallcool:

Nemesisesnesses isn't just about disliking your opponent, you gotta give them (grudging) respect, you gotta seek 'em out for no reason other than to antagonise them, you gotta make up a stupid name for them which just makes 'em madder every time you say it. You compete, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, otherwise, where's the fun? It's a partnership in a way.

Sure, me and the fish haven't been at each others throats much recently, but we've got staying power(perhaps not as much as Blackfox/El Jasparo, I suppose, but they've been around longer). This feud started back in 2007, and it's not gonna stop anytime soon.

I'll get you yet Landfish! *shakes fist*

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-01, 09:21 AM
Dang. I was going throw my hat into the ring for Nemeses-in-the-Playground, but then I learned that my Nemesis dosen't hate me back. :smallfrown:

Oh well. I'll run for something next time.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-01, 09:27 AM
People of the Playground, lend me your clichés! Your sick, your poor, your tired, cuz those are the ones most likely to listen (they're probably hoping from free handouts, the cheapskates) Come one, come all, and hear me shout to the heavens! And pierce them! Who the hell do you think we are?! Well, I'm Jjkaybomb, and I approve this message! Actually, I don’t so far because absolutely nothing was said, but THATS THE ATTENTION GETTER picker upper.....!
Now then! We all know the dynamics of roleplay, and the people who play them, and we all know what we're here for. To win. At roleplaying. Somehow. Exactly. This is how we win at roleplaying, by contests of might and strength, by observing our own actions and saying, "How are we today?" and by we I mean them, our characters. How are they? Who are they again? Oh yeah, that guy, I'm sick of him DEATHBAIT-I mean, who are our characters? Some have developed into the best of friends. Some are arch nemeses. Some beg and grovel at the other's feet, doing thier every bidding for some cheap thrills. But enough about romance, for here, we talk about the Boss and the underling. A key dynamic that places one as the inferior, something so rare to be wanted when roleplaying (because y'know, we're all trying to power trip over here, shush)
And yet, one like that can be found in Town, that cesspool of awesome, in the form of Chris (Durp) and Bubble(Jjkaybomb). A simple pair of master mad scientist and his demonically manipulating apprentice. Of course, nothing is quite as simple as that. Officially, Chris IS the boss man, toting around the small twelve year old construct by the hand. But underneath the layers of an onion... I mean relationship, is Bubble the boss? Is he simply manipulating Chris' mind, making him a powerful minion and ally? Well, actually no, he admitted to it and cut that crap out, so Chris is the boss. But c'mon, people! THIS IS... *cough* CHARACTORS! Wait, dammit, then it would be 'are'

Durp/Jjkaybomb for Boss/Underling in the playground!

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-01, 11:25 AM
Nuts, seems me and Cristo can't really run for any of these categories :smallsmile: Maybe the whole Boss/Underling thing, but it's rather far fetched to me.

What say you, brother? :smallbiggrin:

*sigh*

I suppose Friends will do...

dork.

Mordokai
2009-02-01, 11:39 AM
Such a love...

Nerd.

UncleWolf
2009-02-01, 11:42 AM
Nah, you two should run for Couple itp.
You'd win.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-01, 11:43 AM
*slluuurp err, I mean snip*
These are real people we're talking about y'know. Not just
''My character hates yours and yours hates mine!''', though it could add....

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-02-01, 11:47 AM
Sadly I doubt I would be in the running for this ITP contest either. I'm not coupled with anyone here (that means I'm available :smallwink::smalltongue:) I have friends here, but I doubt I'm really anyone best ITP friend evar... and sadly there's noone I find I disagree with consistently enough to have a nemesis anymore, especially since I mostly stick to the PbP section of the playground.

Mordokai
2009-02-01, 11:48 AM
Nah, you two should run for Couple itp.
You'd win.

I think Lady would be pretty pissed of at both of us, should that happen :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-02-01, 11:51 AM
I think Lady would be pretty pissed of at both of us, should that happen :smalltongue:

What if we nominated you two for it without your permission?:smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-02-01, 11:52 AM
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that Lady Meyers might actually find this enjoyable and humorous? :smallamused:

Sneak
2009-02-01, 11:52 AM
Can Dallas and I run for The Same Person In The Playground? :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-02-01, 11:53 AM
Happyturtle and Lex-kat

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/PromavvieforHappyTurtle-1.png http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/Avatars/Krysta.png

Hmm... we still need a slogan.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-01, 11:56 AM
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that Lady Meyers might actually find this enjoyable and humorous? :smallamused:

Can Dallas and I run for The Same Person In The Playground? :smalltongue:
I second and support these ideas!

Mordokai
2009-02-01, 11:57 AM

Why do I suddenly find your eye very... knife worthy? :smallamused:

FireFox
2009-02-01, 12:01 PM
These are real people we're talking about y'know. Not just
''My character hates yours and yours hates mine!''', though it could add....

*points at Happyturtle and Lex, KK and DC* I was under the impression people could run as themselves or as their characters. Certaintly people have one itP contests in the past as their characters.

Darkcomet
2009-02-01, 12:02 PM
Darkcomet and KidKris
for Boss/Underling itP
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/Darkcomet-1.pnghttp://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/KR-15.png
A vote for Darkcomet and KidKris is a vote for (your) survival!

Format blatantly stolen. But hey, we have a slogan. :smallcool:

Reinholdt
2009-02-01, 12:03 PM
Why do I suddenly find your eye very... knife worthy? :smallamused:
:smalleek:
:smallfrown:
Haven't you already taken enough?
*flees and hides*

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-01, 12:04 PM
*points at Happyturtle and Lex, KK and DC* I was under the impression people could run as themselves or as their characters. Certaintly people have one itP contests in the past as their characters.
Wait...That's true.....

I suppose I don't go into the FFR enough for that...

If we're doing it that way, cn we nominate me and Nameless for Silly Maniacs in the playground then?

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-01, 12:15 PM
I mean... what if people actually did run as enemies out of charactor? Would that mean that they're not friendly to one another...? o.o

Sorry if I caused some stir, I was just trying to join in the contest and make a speech... XD; I can remove that bit, if I went overboard.

Reinholdt
2009-02-01, 12:19 PM
I mean... what if people actually did run as enemies out of charactor? Would that mean that they're not friendly to one another...? o.o

That's exactly RabbitHoleLost's and Ninja Chocobo's platform.

OOC hate.

Mordokai
2009-02-01, 12:22 PM
:smalleek:
:smallfrown:
Haven't you already taken enough?
*flees and hides*

You still have internal organs, don't you?

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-01, 12:23 PM
Aw... at yet they're running side by side to win the same trophy... :smallfrown: XD;

happyturtle
2009-02-01, 12:26 PM
Of course people can run as their characters. Unless we want to believe that we really do have werewolves and vampires running around.

UncleWolf
2009-02-01, 12:28 PM
Of course people can run as their characters. Unless we want to believe that we really do have werewolves and vampires running around.

<.<
Yeah...

Murska
2009-02-01, 12:45 PM
Yeeeeah... of course it's in character. >.>

I'm just a poor old villag... eh, human being. Normally. You know.

Player_Zero
2009-02-01, 01:51 PM
Aw... at yet they're running side by side to win the same trophy... :smallfrown: XD;

Agreed. This makes no sense.

If you're talking about PZ and I, it's...well, let's just say it's been done.

There was? Ohh yeah... I think I whited over that in my memory...

Now... This is a tough choice. On one hand, I'd win an imaginary internet prize, but on the other hand I would have to share it with The Usurper.

But then again, I would also deny the trophy to all the other nominees. So I'll have to do it then, won't I? I can't have just anyone running around with the trophy that is rightfully mine now can I.

Then it will be all the sweeter when I eliminate he who shall not be named later on. When he least expects to be expecting it.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-01, 01:54 PM
That would be silly.
I just did the handpuppets and the voice of cookiemonster.
They just hired me because I apparently 'fit the personality more then enough'.....Still trying to figure out what they mean with that...:smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-01, 02:05 PM

See, though, when you run as a character, you face the fact that not everyone here is from Town or Acro and may or may not be familiar with the backstory.
Lex and Happy extend also to the Ship thread, and KK and DC are also throughout the SMBG's...
They have material outside of Acro to support themselves.

As a rule, if it can be done, I don't like relying completely on FFR for campaigns.

Lord Herman
2009-02-01, 02:10 PM
That would be silly.
I just did the handpuppets and the voice of cookiemonster.
They just hired me because I apparently 'fit the personality more then enough'.....Still trying to figure out what they mean with that...:smalltongue:

Hold on...

If you're not really a cookie monster, what was that blue furry thing that came to the Dutch Meetup and ate all our cookies?

Darkcomet
2009-02-01, 02:10 PM
See, though, when you run as a character, you face the fact that not everyone here is from Town or Acro and may or may not be familiar with the backstory.
Lex and Happy extend also to the Ship thread, and KK and DC are also throughout the SMBG's...
They have material outside of Acro to support themselves.

As a rule, if it can be done, I don't like relying completely on FFR for campaigns.

Correct. For example, Haruki in the last one had AMEN and the Arts and Crafts board, I think.

Grim ranger
2009-02-01, 02:14 PM
*looks around* Where is Fredthefighter when I need him? At least he is someone I can call a nemesis of mine without lying my mouth off.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 02:21 PM
Do I have a nemesis or friend? :D

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-01, 02:35 PM
Hold on...

If you're not really a cookie monster, what was that blue furry thing that came to the Dutch Meetup and ate all our cookies?
I got cosmetic surgery two years ago!
I'm really happy with it.:smallsmile:
Though these doctors keep saying they can't change my biology...:smallfrown:
Silly doctors and their 'reality' and 'laws of physics' and 'laws of nature'....

Fan
2009-02-01, 02:50 PM
Attention, Ladies, and Gentlefolk of the playground. I have obtained the vile, and sometimes comedic Vespe Ratavo's premission to run with him for Nemesis itp.
Although he will not be posting as much as I due to his current hiatus I assure you that we will bothg do our best to show the ever burning passionate hatred of eachother.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-01, 03:05 PM
*looks around* Where is Fredthefighter when I need him? At least he is someone I can call a nemesis of mine without lying my mouth off.

I'm here, I was asleep. Yes, I would say that Grim Ranger is my nemesis.
But I'll have you know that if he tries to stab during this competition, I'll power attack him into next week.

Fredthefighter V.S Grim Ranger
for nemesis in the playground

Haruki-kun
2009-02-01, 03:08 PM
*runs in*

*starts shouting in a thundering Angelic Voice, which he usually leaves for extreme cases*

"SHAS'AIA TORIIA!

I CHALLANGE YOU... TO BE MY NEMESIS!

Rutskarn
2009-02-01, 03:17 PM
Alright, then.

I'll work on a banner.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-01, 03:19 PM
The elf is still around?:smallconfused:

Rutskarn
2009-02-01, 04:07 PM
Behold!

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2549/nemesesgj4.jpg

Fan
2009-02-01, 04:19 PM
Now for a campiugn speech beffitting of the long, and hateful history between me, and Mr. Ratavo.

Long ago, back imy early days of (admittedly poor) involvement with the ACRONYM's, and the now deceased town me, and Mr.Ratavo first met in rather hostile circumstances during the first of 3 rescues of a Mrs.Happy Turtle. At first he charged me with his raipers drawn, but I being in a hurry used one of my rather cheesy comboinations to make them dissolve into harmless magical light. He then used lightsabers much to the same result. Weaponless, and yet as teancious as ever he put up his fists, and challenged Fanboy to fist de cuffs. Fanboy who at the time was about as deep as the puddle currently outside my house refused out of sheer paranoia. Needless to say this encounter did not go over well with Vespe, and the seeds of fiery hate were planted within his heart. Later on Fanboy created the now abandoned arena for abattle between himself, and Shas who won this fight is still hotly debated as we were both in a position to deal absolutely no damage to each other, but I say I won because if he DID hit me he would have turned into harmless light. Anyways inspired most undoubtably by that event Vespe created the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny in which he, and Fanboy fought hand to hand, or with non magical weapons in a arena that was much fun, and much pain for the combatants involved. There, upon Vespe's apprent loss of sanity, and setting himself on fire Fanboy attempted to save his life by turning him into a vampire unknowing of his time lord nature. There was a short peroid in which the cunning, and wiles of Vampire Vespe had Fanboy fooled into thinking they were freinds again, but much to Fanboy's surprise his best man betrayed him as the forces of evil attacked his wedding, and began stabbing his wife with another regneration as Fanboy was captured by Ambrious the odd, rarely appearing more evil Rabbit. After a odd RL interferance Fanboy was freed,and had a burning hate for vespe upon finding out that he had joined with the forces of evil, and proceeded to butcher his wife as best he could. Later, Vespe met with a fellow Hater of myself, a certain mad hatter I'm sure you are all familiar with, and apprently since they both wanted me dead so badly theychoose to join forces, and write poetry about how much a Gary Stu I was, and how much Rabbit hated me for taking Happy to the good side. Later, even at the most prestigious of occasions the Playground Prom, He, and Vespe started out dance fighting, but upon a joking reference of Fall out boy (UGH.:smallyuk:) He began chassing after fanboy with a giant axe. not prepared for a fight as he was in dance fighting gear, Fanboy fled from the enraged Vespe, and in a vain attempt to stop the violence Fanboy resorted to breaking down Vespe's atomic structure.... Nobody but him appprently paid attention in advanced science class to understand how this is done... So, in lew of some nasty arguements about sciences which many people believe shuld not be applied with magic. Vespe agreed to stop. More, OOC argueing insued.
This is just a short synapsis of most of what has occured between me, and Mr.Ratavo, so remeber if your looking for REAL enemies with a history filled with slap stick humor, and hate vote for Vespe Ratavo, and FF Fanboy for Nemesis itp.
Now, if you dont mind I have a time lord to hunt.

Lex-Kat
2009-02-01, 04:40 PM
Once upon a time, long ago and far away in the Shipping thread, Lex-kat asked if she could join me in the Evil League of Evil. I told her that she wasn't nearly evil enough for full membership, and invited her to be my henchpixie instead. She accepted.

Since then, she's been by my side through thick and thin. Kidnappings, alignment changes, attack of the apocalypse kitties... nothing has shaken our loyalty to one another.

That's why, when it comes time to choose Boss/Underling itp, you should vote

Happyturtle and Lex-kat

I approve this message. Vote Happyturtle & Lex-kat for Boss/Underling itp.

Player_Zero
2009-02-01, 05:02 PM
Rutskarn.

HE TOOK MAH JOOOURB. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fGl9587X8)

Rutskarn
2009-02-01, 05:54 PM
Not all conflicts are as humble, as simple as warfare. Any battle between man and man in recorded history has been one that has stemmed from differences of philosophy or culture, or forces as primal as avarice and rage. These scuffles, temporary cascades of dust and bone, are soon swept away by the patient tide of history.

No, beyond these conflicts we have wars etched in the very bones of the earth. They don't stem from argument or slight, they don't stem from anything at all. They are.

Player Zero and Rutskarn fight because Rutskarn is Rutskarn and Player Zero is Player Zero. There is a blood-hatred there older than the sun and moon, fiercer than the blazing fires of the stars, stronger than diamond and twice as brilliant.

As the universe is, so shall the feud be. As the feud shall be, so shall the two fight. As they two shall fight, so shall the earth tremble.

Vote Rutskarn and Player Zero for Nemeses in the Playground.

PS: Also Player Zero STANKS.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-01, 05:58 PM
I'm so lonely with nobody to hate or like me.

Shas aia Toriia
2009-02-01, 06:04 PM
*runs in*

*starts shouting in a thundering Angelic Voice, which he usually leaves for extreme cases*

"SHAS'AIA TORIIA!

I CHALLANGE YOU... TO BE MY NEMESIS!

*starts shouting in a tiny little elf voice. So tiny, in fact, that it can barely be heard. Damn tiny elves. . .*

"Haruki-kun!

I ACCEPT!
Or decline, I guess. I mean, if we're nemesisses, then shouldn't I be doing the opposite?" :smallconfused:

*shakes head confusedly*

LadyMeyers
2009-02-01, 08:37 PM
idk. Cristo and Lady Meyers might put up a fight. :smallbiggrin:

Darn right! Vote Cristo and LadyMeyers for Couple in the Playground. :smallbiggrin:

Deathslayer7
2009-02-01, 08:46 PM
*is their campaign manager*
*is fired moments later after giving good advice* :smalltongue:

blackfox
2009-02-01, 10:41 PM
Allllright. Apparently me and El J got nominated for Nemeses in the Playground.
I approve. :smallamused:
*gives official approval*

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-01, 11:00 PM
...I don't think I've ever even seen the fabled El Jaspero...

Deathslayer7
2009-02-01, 11:03 PM
that badge in the banner looks really familiar. I wan to say its from Hellsing, but not sure. >.>

[/random rant]

Fan
2009-02-01, 11:08 PM
Well, if she has his approval its a entirely valid run Rabbit. However if not that situation needes to be rectified.

Felixaar
2009-02-01, 11:19 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t3/soggypoptart/Nemeses2.png

And if you couldn't work it out from that, Me and Dragonrider are running for Nemeses in the playground.

Running very fast.

Well, she probably is. I'm slower than a snail on anaesthesia.

But the point is, we're in the running! So why should you vote for us? Because DR and I make the perfect Nemesi! We're so oddly alike, and yet have one fundamental difference - her feminine beauty against my rugged manliness.

Remember November (not the fifth, the whole month?) for day after day we raged against each other in a titanic race to the finish. Anyone who brings up how it ended will be shot (by me), but our desire to defeat the other was so great we spent day after day chained to our respective computers, pumping out tens of thousands of words in a colossal battle to defeat the other.

And that's not all - in a world that exists only in our imaginations (or does it?) Dragonrider and I battle back and forth, her a devious villian, and I a heroic... hero!, creating a sort of standstill while the world watches on in fear and amazement.

Can there be any other choice? Really? Never!

So do what's right (or wrong, if that tickles your fancy)! What you need to do!

Support :furious: Dragonrider :furious: and :confused: Felix :confused: for Nemeses in the Playground!

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-01, 11:27 PM
that badge in the banner looks really familiar. I wan to say its from Hellsing, but not sure. >.>

[/random rant]

I'm not familiar with his ABR character (Because I honestly don't care), but I'm fairly certain his character has ties with the Hellsing Organization.
:: shrugs::

...Oh noes. The brother/sister duo are now running for Nemeses itP>
How many pairs are running for Nemeses itP now?
More than any other category, I know...

Felixaar
2009-02-01, 11:59 PM
Far too many :smallannoyed: but I'm not really suited for any other category (and it's me and xNadia who would be brother and sister. to me, DR is more like a suspiciously attractive cousin. (I kid, I kid.))

Dragonrider
2009-02-02, 12:07 AM
Indeed, the (far too) good Felixaar and myself are in the running for Nemeses in the Playground.

As he stated, we're far too much alike to be friends. We first corresponded in the "homeschoolers in the playground" thread and learned that we were both writers. A friendship could have been spawned, but I TROUNCED him in NaNoWriMo '08, and thus our mutual disdain for one another was born.

This was further compounded by the fact that I am evil and he is good (in a thoroughly obnoxious James Bond-esque fashion).

Therefore....

We must be enemies.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t3/soggypoptart/Nemeses2.png

Sneak
2009-02-02, 12:13 AM
Allllright. Apparently me and El J got nominated for Nemeses in the Playground.
I approve. :smallamused:
*gives official approval*

Glad to see The FeuThe Feud is still going. I will support this. :smallbiggrin:

I don't really see how Player Zero and Rutskarn are nemeses. Can you really be your own nemesis? :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

Felixaar
2009-02-02, 12:15 AM
I TROUNCED him in NaNoWriMo '08

LIES! All LIES!

Oh no wait, that did happen.

Well... I'll get you back, DR. When you least expect... Next NaNoWriMo! Hahahahhahahaeeheehoohoo oh my.

(did we really meet in the homeschooler thread? I thought it was earlier than that...)

Dragonrider
2009-02-02, 12:27 AM
(did we really meet in the homeschooler thread? I thought it was earlier than that...)

Maybe I just don't remember you before then because you're TOO PUNY FOR ME TO CARE! :smallbiggrin:

GRAAH! I will crush you!

...Wait, we're running TOGETHER, aren't we? Not against? :smallconfused:

Aww, shoot, it's hard to get along with your nemesis. :smallamused:

Felixaar
2009-02-02, 12:35 AM
Yeahup, it's pretty confusing :smallconfused: but we'll all struggle through somehow!

Regardless of how things began, the battle still rages on! Nyeehehhehheeeh!

ghost_warlock
2009-02-02, 01:13 AM
Behold!

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2549/nemesesgj4.jpg

D'awww... Just look at the widdle skeleton with the mustache! It's Just! So! Cute! :smallbiggrin: And the fuzzy one is adorable, too! Makes me want to run up, crack those skulls open, and scrape out whatever remains of their crisyp, dried-up brainmeats; would be divine on a BLT sandwich (brainmeat, lice, and toes). And those skinny little arms, all full of crisp, flaky marrow... EEEeeeeee! :smallredface:

Mustiado
2009-02-02, 02:37 AM
I just ran in his memory, I guess? I appreciate anything we may have gained to this point, but without Freshmeat's sayso, its worthless.

Player_Zero
2009-02-02, 02:41 AM
You leave the contents of my skull out of this, they have nothing to do with this conflict and are an innocent bystander.

Also, I can pronounce nemeses. Whereas I doubt Rutskarn can.... Can... Not... Be stupid. Yeah.

Mordokai
2009-02-02, 02:54 AM
I just ran in his memory, I guess? I appreciate anything we may have gained to this point, but without Freshmeat's sayso, its worthless.

Maybe you could mail him, ask him for his sayso? You know, come back, just for one PM?

In other news, vote Cristo Meyers and Mordokai for Friends itP. Because well, despite us being at each other throat all the time, we're still the bestest friends! :smallbiggrin:

I swear, I'll come up with something better later.

Lord Herman
2009-02-02, 04:56 AM
Maybe you could mail him, ask him for his sayso? You know, come back, just for one PM?

No, you can't. Well, you could, but that wouldn't make him a legal nominee. You have to be an active forum member - you can't just drop a single PM and be included in the polls.

Fin
2009-02-02, 05:05 AM
Fin vs Wolfbane
Nemeses itP

I don't care that you weren't there!

As the newest feud to have sprung up on the forums I implore you fine citizen of the playground vote Wolfbane and Myself as nemeses itP! Ever since I first played a SMBG with Wolfbane he has done nothing but hold me back! It all started during a friendly game of playground squares that turned ugly. It was me, poor innocent Fin (who wouldn't harm a fly I might add :smallwink:) enjoying the game, taking nothing to seriously. Sadly the nefarious Wolfbane had other ideas when it was his turn to answer for me he decided now would be the time to seek retribution for all the times I did nice things! he sabotage my game, giving me a cleverly worded wrong answer that caused me to agree with him. Since then the unnecessary pointing at me, the suspicion lists etc! All at me me. But alas he is not entirely to blame I have since started to retaliate, even though I did immediately forgive him his transgressions cause I'm so nice an' all!

Know this my feud with Wolfbane will not be resolved until one of us is weeping like a schooligirl that just lost her dolly!

Plus I think he stole my hat!

Lord Herman
2009-02-02, 05:10 AM
One more or less important thing about campaign speeches; since contestants will be running as a pair, each of them will be able to submit a campaign speech. The tagline will be shared, though. If your speech is shared too, please let me know in your PM.

Mordokai
2009-02-02, 05:22 AM
No, you can't. Well, you could, but that wouldn't make him a legal nominee. You have to be an active forum member - you can't just drop a single PM and be included in the polls.

My bad. White text.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-02, 05:31 AM
Well, after a little bit of unfriendly conversation between me and Grim Ranger, I've come up with a song, to describe how much we hate each other.
*Pulls out a small acoustic guitar and begins strumming melodically*

Now we're the best of enemies,
We could've been the best of friends,
I wonder how it's all gonna end.

When I met Grim Ranger I tried being nice,
But he just looked at me and stabbed me twice,
Then I saw the hatred, the rage in his eyes,
I'd got a nemesis, who wanted my head as a prize.

We tried being peaceful with a nice little truce,
But when he stabbed me it all came loose,
I lashed out and smashed him right in the head,
Now he keeps trying to make me dead.

Now there's power attacks and knives a flying,
and bullets shooting through the sky,
and I sure don't plan on dying,
I'll get that SOB if it's the last thing I try.

Vote Fredthefighter V.S. Grim Ranger for Nemeses itP.

banjo1985
2009-02-02, 05:34 AM
Okay, looks like a contest I don't think I'll be able to get into...everyone I could have run with has either gone inactive or is running with someone else.

Mordokai's going with Cristo, I could still have a decent run with Dallas though.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3818/cookiecatkb7.pnghttp://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9637/custardte5.png
DD & Banjo, bringing the sillies since 2007!

Mordokai again, or Fleeing Coward from his WW days, now inactive. :smallfrown:

Couple in the Playground
Not unless I can cajole Mrs Banjo back onto the forums. :smalltongue:

Boss & Underling
No real ideas for this one, or any suggestions for anyone else really.

Mordokai
2009-02-02, 05:38 AM
I'm not sure actually. When Herman says you can't be nominated in more than one category, does that mean for a pair, or for a person? As in, Cristo and Lady will probably be running for Couple. Does that mean if Cristo is nominated for Couple, can he still be nominated for Friend with me?

banjo1985
2009-02-02, 05:41 AM
Hey, I can't be seen going round with a Black Guard, ya' know? People will get ideas. :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2009-02-02, 05:42 AM
I'm not sure actually. When Herman says you can't be nominated in more than one category, does that mean for a pair, or for a person?

It's for a person. So...

As in, Cristo and Lady will probably be running for Couple. Does that mean if Cristo is nominated for Couple, can he still be nominated for Friend with me?

He can't. He can, of course, run for both, but he can't be a candidate in the polls for both.

Mordokai
2009-02-02, 05:45 AM
Hey, I can't be seen going round with a Black Guard, ya' know? People will get ideas. :smalltongue:

Hypocritic much? :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-02, 07:39 AM
Observation: Educational studies and techniques indicate that meatbag memory times tend to be rather short, and so repetition, recollection, revision and repetition are needed for maximum retention.
Repetition: KidKris and Darkcomet are the only ones worthy to win Boss/Underling in the Playground. Your voting will help us achieve this goal. You will vote for us. It is the only reasonable option. Vote for KidKris and Darkcomet. Vote them for Boss/Underling in the Playground.
Chant: Vote. KidKris. Vote. Darkcomet. Vote. Boss. Vote. Underling. Vote. Playground. Vote.
Friendly Reminder: Please remember that failure to comply will result in painful torture and death for all of you. Also remember that we have all exits from this thread covered with automated sniper and machine gun fire, and high explosives have been strapped to load-bearing points within the thread. We also have a nuke hidden somewhere on the premises for good measure.
Catchy Slogan: A vote for Darkcomet and KidKris is a vote for (your) survival.

Addition: We have also kidnapped Lord Herman, and have threatened to shoot him should things not go according to plan. Say hello Herman. :smallamused:

Elrond
2009-02-04, 03:21 AM
Damn it i still dont have a partner:smallfrown: ill run for anything

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-04, 03:30 AM
I would run with you, but I don;t think we'd qualify for anything, Elrond.

Felixaar
2009-02-04, 03:47 AM
"Nothing-Better-To-Run-For itP?"

Hmm. I would post more about my secret plans to take down Dragonrider in her sleep, but then she'd know about them.

So in that spirit, I shall...

*flee!*

Jontom Xire
2009-02-04, 04:22 AM
Hmmm,

I think I might be the best candidate for nemesis in the playground, but in fact TOO good.

First look at my profile bit on the left. See that infraction? Not proud of that, but the guy the post that earned that infraction was aimed at subsequently backstabbed me in a later werewolf game. We were both werewolves, and as he was going down in flames, his giving away of numerous of our number having failed to earn him the town's trust, he gave my name away. He had nothing to gain by it but satisfying his own smouldering hatred.

Ok, maybe I'm adding a little of my own interpretation there.

I'm not going to name this guy, but while I have to say that he has earnt my respect for his awesome narration and RP skills, I still feel a huge amount of enmity for him. If he wants to step up and join me to stand as Nemeses in the Playground, I'd be fine with that. If he prefers to remain anonymous (I think he'll be able to work out who he is from this post) I'm fine with that too.

I also think Uncle Festy and I could stand as friends in the playground. Or maybe Evvie and I. But I have to say that the best nominees are probably Alarra and Helgraf. Unless they're a couple. I have no idea about half the relationships going on between people in this playground.

Lord Herman
2009-02-04, 04:32 AM
Damn it i still dont have a partner:smallfrown: ill run for anything

I appreciate your enthausiasm, but I'd like to discourage this attitude towards the contests. I know you want a shiny - we all do - but it's better to run for a category that actually fits you than to try to find an excuse to run for anything and everything.

See that infraction?

I don't. Only you (and possibly the mods) can see you infractions. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-02-04, 04:54 AM
Happyturtle and Lex-kat

We still don't have a slogan.

But we do have a theme song (http://youtube.com/watch?v=87XQKCXfFjQ)!

Grim ranger
2009-02-04, 05:03 AM
Playgrounders, I know you do not know me yet, and neither should you. As a matter of fact, I have not done anything totally remarkable to earn myself a name in here, but still I intend to tell you a story... story about the day my life took a drop to depths of utter and intencely concentrated personal loathing directed at one person.

It was quite casual day, and things were looking bloody well. The slaughter had been good on that day, lending me good spirits and all seemed well in way to my bloody vision of perfect world. Then...
He appeared.
Yes, you all know who I am referring to. Fredthefighter, dwarwen fighter and all-around do-gooder.As you perhaps know, I despise good in all it's forms, and wasted not time in trying to remove such nuicance from the face of the earth. At first I though he would be just another in chain of kills I had made for the day, but as soon as first stab landed, I knew it.
I could not kill this guy.
Since that fateful first attempt, I have gotten my fair share of run-ins against him, but each time I have failed to eliminate this pesky rival of mine. And with every failed attempt our rivality has only grown, as my sense of self-worth rapidly diminishes when I cannot kill him off. Back-stabbing does not work, and neither has poison, hidden blade traps or anything else I have thrown in his way. Perhaps it is karma for me to have enemy against who I have to fight on forever? Not that I would know. Regardless, I will continue to hunt him down until only one of us remains standing. As all know, this has became personal. And when things get personal people DIE!

And before I forget, vote Fredthefighter vs. Grim Ranger for nemeses itp, for you may never know when we decide to try to kill each other near you, and we often cause a lot of collecteral damage.

http://f.imagehost.org/0124/golddwarfro8.pngVS.http://f.imagehost.org/0503/hood-1.png

Jontom Xire
2009-02-04, 05:46 AM
I don't. Only you (and possibly the mods) can see you infractions. :smalltongue:

Really? Cool. I didn't know that.

So my profile isn't scarred for life (except to me and mods)! Whoohooo. And there was I thinking my criminal record was on sight for all to jeer at!

Zar Peter
2009-02-04, 06:05 AM
Really? Cool. I didn't know that.

So my profile isn't scarred for life (except to me and mods)! Whoohooo. And there was I thinking my criminal record was on sight for all to jeer at!

Well, nobody saw anything he could jeer at... till now :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

Fan
2009-02-04, 06:46 AM
Now, I have a special message for you, it is a tale, so horribly true.
Started out as a rumor, but suddenly grew.
So, settle on in, and my song I shall sing...
It all started in a bunker, on a hill, near a farm.
Now, how could a place abundant with such charm
Bring out a time lord that caused us such haaarm?
Oh, death, and destruction is what you will get.
When hes coming for you in your pants you will wet.
Oh, he's quick, and he's fast,
and its quite plain to see that this is the tale of the Vespe!!!!
oh, Vespe, oh, Vespe your quick, and evil, and henious.
Oh, who could could it be who birthed ye? She really must be anus.

Oh, Vespe, its easy to see the terror you bring is raining on me.
Now, The wedding is burned, the guest are missed, and the wines all gone, and the GLoGers are pissed!
Oh, Vespe can't you see? The terror you offer is high class.
Why could it be that you choose to summoun Drakeen**, it makes ye seem like such a dumb (bleep).
Oh, Vespe, oh Vespe, ye cannot win ye must admit.
Why could it be that ye set him free?
Ye really must be a dim wit!

Oh, Vespe, oh Vespe your quick, and evil, and henious.
Now, one final message before I depart, and this my freind comes straight from the heart.
We'd all be fine if not for that kidnapping, and Damsel in distress, and that Wife stabbing wanker who opened up the Abyss!!!!!

*If this offends ANYONE I'am willing to take it down, but I assure you had nothing but comedic intentions.
** Intentionally Misspelled for rhyming purposes. Besides I've always wanted to call Draken Drakeena.:smallbiggrin:

So, yesh vote for
FF Fanboy V.s. Vespe Ratavo
NEMESES ITP
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/Elfunzo/Avvy4FFfanboy02.gif
And Vespe deleted his avatar off his profile, so I no haz one for him.:smallannoyed:

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-04, 08:49 AM
Hypocritic much? :smalltongue:

Not his fault you've become a cold, evil bastard...

...I'm so proud...

banjo1985
2009-02-04, 08:52 AM

...I'm so proud...

Well....it kind of is...

*looks at the OP of the Tempt Mordokai Thread witha mixture of pride and jubilation*

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-04, 08:57 AM
Okay, looks like a contest I don't think I'll be able to get into...everyone I could have run with has either gone inactive or is running with someone else.

Mordokai's going with Cristo, I could still have a decent run with Dallas though.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3818/cookiecatkb7.pnghttp://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9637/custardte5.png
DD & Banjo, bringing the sillies since 2007!

Mordokai again, or Fleeing Coward from his WW days, now inactive. :smallfrown:

Couple in the Playground
Not unless I can cajole Mrs Banjo back onto the forums. :smalltongue:

Boss & Underling
No real ideas for this one, or any suggestions for anyone else really.
Yeah!
Vote Banjo and me for Friends ITP!
We've joined at the same time. We practically explored the forums toghetter and made them silly...silly nilly hilly billy hill billy gilly gillyweed underwater for a hour without breathing underwater for a hour without breathing means a hour of non-stop snogging, not even to catch your breath! Buy gillyweed now in the next AC! Umm, yeah...

So vote Banjo and Dallas-Dakota for Friends itp!

Also, Mrs. Banjo already has a account, I remember that she posted for a while.

Mordokai
2009-02-04, 09:22 AM

...I'm so proud...

Well....it kind of is...

*looks at the OP of the Tempt Mordokai Thread witha mixture of pride and jubilation*

*points at*

You two... are dying slow and painful death when I get my claws on you.

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-04, 09:26 AM
*points at*

You two... are dying slow and painful death when I get my claws on you.

Ya already killed me once...remember?

Mordokai
2009-02-04, 09:29 AM
There has to be something I can do to you that will make you sorry for being dead.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-04, 09:31 AM
Can I nominate RHL and Raistlin for Couple itP? EVERYone knows they are a pair.

Also, anyone wanna run with me for Friends itP? I considered asking Rabbit, as she and I are Twinkies. But is there anyone else who thinks they might be a better fit?

Player_Zero
2009-02-04, 09:46 AM
Ya' know that time when Rutskarn joined and everyone said 'oo, isn't he like PZ'?

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj196/Paintblock/cupofrage.jpg

He stole my identity. No longer am I a beautiful and unique snowflake.

He must die.

There can only be one me. And that's me.

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-04, 10:24 AM
There has to be something I can do to you that will make you sorry for being dead.

After all this time you honestly think there's anything left?

UncleWolf
2009-02-04, 10:36 AM
Fin vs Wolfbane
Nemeses itP

I don't care that you weren't there!

As the newest feud to have sprung up on the forums I implore you fine citizen of the playground vote Wolfbane and Myself as nemeses itP! Ever since I first played a SMBG with Wolfbane he has done nothing but hold me back! It all started during a friendly game of playground squares that turned ugly. It was me, poor innocent Fin (who wouldn't harm a fly I might add :smallwink:) enjoying the game, taking nothing to seriously. Sadly the nefarious Wolfbane had other ideas when it was his turn to answer for me he decided now would be the time to seek retribution for all the times I did nice things! he sabotage my game, giving me a cleverly worded wrong answer that caused me to agree with him. Since then the unnecessary pointing at me, the suspicion lists etc! All at me me. But alas he is not entirely to blame I have since started to retaliate, even though I did immediately forgive him his transgressions cause I'm so nice an' all!

Know this my feud with Wolfbane will not be resolved until one of us is weeping like a schooligirl that just lost her dolly!

Plus I think he stole my hat!

Alas! It is I who have been wronged! The question in question was one in which the answer was not known to me. I had been enjoying being a square when I was picked by Fin to answer a question. I hadn't been around in the time that had been specified(the first WW game I believe). But, Fin had been there! He should have known that my answer was wrong. And to make matters worse, he pointed at me for no reason in a WW game that I am in.

But now, he has taken this too far! He has accused me of stealing his hat.
I'm innocent! I would never steal another man's hat (or woman's).

*slaps Fin*

Do you accept my challenge?

Dragonrider
2009-02-04, 11:07 AM
The competition's looking stiff, Feliyo...:smalleek:

But WE WILL PERSEVERE!
(I always thought it was perseRvere but Firefox says I'm wrong)
I will continue to be awesome and you will...

Uh...

Flee.

We're doomed.

:smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-02-04, 11:16 AM
After all this time you honestly think there's anything left?

Maybe I'm just being petty. But hey, who else, other than a true friend would try, even after there's no more hope? :smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-04, 11:22 AM
Maybe I'm just being petty. But hey, who else, other than a true friend would try, even after there's no more hope? :smallbiggrin:

Who else has a friendship defined by mutual antagonism? :smalltongue:

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-04, 01:16 PM
Also, anyone wanna run with me for Friends itP? I considered asking Rabbit, as she and I are Twinkies. But is there anyone else who thinks they might be a better fit?

I'll take it, if Rabbit will not.

Durp
2009-02-04, 02:47 PM
People of the Playground, lend me your clichés! Your sick, your poor, your tired, cuz those are the ones most likely to listen (they're probably hoping from free handouts, the cheapskates) Come one, come all, and hear me shout to the heavens! And pierce them! Who the hell do you think we are?! Well, I'm Jjkaybomb, and I approve this message! Actually, I don’t so far because absolutely nothing was said, but THATS THE ATTENTION GETTER picker upper.....!
Now then! We all know the dynamics of roleplay, and the people who play them, and we all know what we're here for. To win. At roleplaying. Somehow. Exactly. This is how we win at roleplaying, by contests of might and strength, by observing our own actions and saying, "How are we today?" and by we I mean them, our characters. How are they? Who are they again? Oh yeah, that guy, I'm sick of him DEATHBAIT-I mean, who are our characters? Some have developed into the best of friends. Some are arch nemeses. Some beg and grovel at the other's feet, doing thier every bidding for some cheap thrills. But enough about romance, for here, we talk about the Boss and the underling. A key dynamic that places one as the inferior, something so rare to be wanted when roleplaying (because y'know, we're all trying to power trip over here, shush)
And yet, one like that can be found in Town, that cesspool of awesome, in the form of Chris (Durp) and Bubble(Jjkaybomb). A simple pair of master mad scientist and his demonically manipulating apprentice. Of course, nothing is quite as simple as that. Officially, Chris IS the boss man, toting around the small twelve year old construct by the hand. But underneath the layers of an onion... I mean relationship, is Bubble the boss? Is he simply manipulating Chris' mind, making him a powerful minion and ally? Well, actually no, he admitted to it and cut that crap out, so Chris is the boss. But c'mon, people! THIS IS... *cough* CHARACTORS! Wait, dammit, then it would be 'are'

Durp/Jjkaybomb for Boss/Underling in the playground!

I'm Durp and I approve this message. Dammit, Jj used that joke already! :smalltongue: Anyway, yeah, I'm in. even though Chris' speech color is Cyan, not medium turquoise...

EDIT: I now realize instead of just correcting Jj's color mistake, I need to actually pull my weight, by making some sort of speech. Or something. Here goes...

Chris smacked a mosquito on his neck, as Bubble fussed around with his oversized goggles. The peruvian jungle was hot, sticky, and humid, and neither of them were enjoying it. When they had found the cave, with the help of their team of various guides and explorers, they almost cried with joy that this was almost over. They took their stereotypically offensive guide, Pepe, inside the large cave, staring around it as they walked along.
Wow, Bubble, just think of the magical powers we can achieve when we capture it!
Yes, I'm shaking with joy. When do we eat?!
Que?
Quiet, Pepe! We've reached the pedestal!
They kneeled before a golden idol on a small pedestal.
It's beautiful... The Boss/Underling idol of power!
Es muy linda...
They ogled it for a bit. Chris pulled out a small weight, weighing it in his hand. He stroked the thin stubble on his chin.
This oughta do it...
He swiped the statue, dropping the weight on the pedestal. A large rumble shook the pedestal.
Gah! The curse of Ra'ak Ma'ak Ta'ak Mc Fa'ak!
Arrows started to shoot from the walls as they ran. Then, they heard something. A large boulder began to roll toward them.
Who knew a largely spoofed cliche could be the death of us?
Run!
A new door began to drop, them speeding towards it. Bubble and Chris rolled under it, Chris reaching into the room to grab his fallen goggles. The boulder swallowed Pepe as they burst through the undergrowth, out of the cave. They stood there, panting, as the guides gave them blank looks.
What... What is it?
They dropped, several darts in their back. Savages surrounded them, blowguns and spears in their hands. A tall demon stood before them, dressed in a suit.
Hello, Chris. Bubble.
Ravik, you rat bastard!
Give me the idol or die!
Never!
They ran through the forest, darts and spears pelting the brush around them as they reached a large lake, a flying saucer in it. A girl lazily held a fishing pole in the water. They began to wave their arms.
Neiz! Start the engine! Start the engine!!
She jumped at her name, running into the cockpit and starting the spaceship.
Swim in! Swim in!
They swam to the ship, and jumped in the passenger seat. Chris gasped at a ferret on his lap.
AHHHH! AHHH! It's a ferret!
He threw it out of the spaceship as it took off.
Ferrets... Why'd it have to be ferrets...
As they flew out of the jungle, Chris shuddered.
Let's get the hell out of here.

Durp/Jjkaybomb for Boss/Underling in the playground.

Fan
2009-02-04, 03:28 PM
I'll take it, if Rabbit will not.

One contest per person Twobi.. It be in the rules.
Also, all the songs people wrote are getting ignored...
To the quote mobile!:smallcool:

Mordokai
2009-02-04, 03:37 PM
Who else has a friendship defined by mutual antagonism? :smalltongue:

Yeah, what we have is something special :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-04, 03:49 PM
One contest per person Twobi.. It be in the rules.
Also, all the songs people wrote are getting ignored...
To the quote mobile!:smallcool:
Nonononono, you got it all wrong!
You can be nominated for only one thing!
However, you can run for multiple things!

And vote Dallas-Dakota and Banjo1985 for Friends ITP!
Or face the wrath of David Bowie:smallamused::smalltongue::smallwink:

Phase
2009-02-04, 05:54 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/Guanlong93/Coupleitp.png

Yes, my friends, I, Phase, throw my hat in the ring as Couple in the Playground! And who is my partner, you ask? Why it is none other than myself! Yes, while I was pondering that whom I love most, I realized that my favorite person... is myself! And lo' I give you fine people a plea, that my narcissism be viewed as it should be, true love... of myself...

And so, in the immortal words of Elbow:

"I sat you down and told you how
the truest love that's ever found
Is for oneself"

Fin
2009-02-04, 06:01 PM
But now, he has taken this too far! He has caught me stealing his hat.
I'm innocent! I love stealing another man's hat (or woman's).

*slaps Fin*

Do you accept my challenge?

See! A confession, then he slapped me! How could two people be more nemesey! Then he slapped me :smallfurious:

And I bet he accuses me of misquoting him next, the most heinous of all crimes. As for voting for him in WW games, well look at the furry blighter! He is a wolf! Yet he still finds issue with me!

Know this Wolfbane, I will have my hat back and you will pay!

[Also Banner For Our Campaign To Come]

Uncle Festy
2009-02-04, 06:45 PM
I also think Uncle Festy and I could stand as friends in the playground.

Really? You think so?
Thanks!

happyturtle
2009-02-04, 07:02 PM
Lex is the best henchpixie a crazy barbarian could ever want.

FireFox
2009-02-04, 07:20 PM
You know, it's really great that we have two "IRL" couples running for CoupleitP. I seriously think that's nice. However, for an itP contest, I personally would like to see people whose relationship is more on this board than in real life. Which is why I am running for Couple in the Playground with the lovely Moofin Bard. There's not really much evidence I can give you as to why we make a great couple; I can always look up old posts of ours but I don't know where to start. The fact is, and anybody in Town can collaborate this, Moofin and I flirt ad nauseam. I took her to the Playground Prom, and even though we were barely on together, we still managed to have fun. Of course, we always have fun together. This is frankly embarassing for me to admit, but there is undoubtably some natural chemistry between us two people, who are most likely never even going to meet face to face. Speaking from an objective view, Moofin and I make a cute couple. A crazy, disturbing, sickeningly cute couple to be sure, but... :smallredface:

So, FireFox and Moofin Bard for CoupleitP!

UncleWolf
2009-02-04, 10:13 PM
See! A confession, then he slapped me! How could two people be more nemesey! Then he slapped me :smallfurious:

And I bet he accuses me of misquoting him next, the most heinous of all crimes. As for voting for him in WW games, well look at the furry blighter! He is a wolf! Yet he still finds issue with me!

Know this Wolfbane, I will have my hat back and you will pay!

Again with the hat!
I will say again, I did not steal your hat! What would I do with one anyways? My ears get in the way.
And besides, your foppish hat wouldn't look good on me.

*turns his back to*

and Fin and Wolfbane for Nemesis if you feel like it afterward.

Fan
2009-02-04, 10:35 PM
Sorry, wolfbane one catagory per person...... It be dah rules

Darkcomet
2009-02-04, 10:39 PM
He can run for more than one, but can only be nominated for one.

Also, vote Darkcomet and KidKris for Boss/Underling in the Playground! Your life may depend on it.

Also because I'm mind-controlling you.

Rutskarn
2009-02-04, 10:43 PM
Player Zero kicked the door down, mind racing.

The room beyond was dark and silent, furniture cloaked in shadow. The adrenaline coursing through him screamed at him to take in details that simply did not exist, senses scrabbling for purchase on the slick surface of the tableau.

He forced himself to slow down, walking as quietly and carefully inside as he could. Scattered clothes. Table crooked? Door. Open.

He slowly edged over to the bedroom door, peeking inside. In the dark room beyond, the bed was empty.

Empty. Oh god.

Player Zero stood there, paralyzed by shock and creeping horror. His stunned state was shattered by a sudden, blithe ringing from on top of the bed. A mobile phone. Not his.

Player slowly approached, scooping up the phone, answering it.

"You bastard," he stated, tone quavering with repressed fury.

There was a chuckling from the other end.

"Now, now, Player, let's not be...unfamiliar."

Player's face was a mask of dedicated, smoldering rage. "You think this means anything. You think you've done anything besides seal your death warrant."

"I've heard threats before."

"This isn't a threat. It's a promise."

"Well," said the voice on the other end, "I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm going to have to make up for your rudeness."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, Player Zero and escort were supposed to show up at the GitP ball, weren't they?"

Player Zero paused, startled. "What?"

"Well, the attendees won't be disappointed. Player Zero is going to be there, amidst all of his friends. They're going to have a...blast."

There was a pause.

"What?"

"A blast. They're...they're going to have a blast."

"I got that, but that's not very sinister...am I missing something?"

"Well, I'm going to impersonate you so..."

"I got that part, yeah. What's up with the blast?"

Another pause.

"Let me try that again," said the voice. "They're going to have...a nuclear warhead of a time."

TO BE CONTINUED.

UncleWolf
2009-02-04, 10:50 PM
Sorry, wolfbane one catagory per person...... It be dah rules

Ah! But I didn't say that I was running for it. Merely that I approve of it.

I'm going to let Fin do all of the work. :smallamused::smalltongue:

After all, he is my nemesis. Why would I want to cooperate with him? :smallbiggrin:

@Rutskarn: Don't you hate it when people don't hear the obvious?

Rutskarn
2009-02-04, 10:55 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/Guanlong93/Coupleitp.png

Yes, my friends, I, Phase, throw my hat in the ring as Couple in the Playground! And who is my partner, you ask? Why it is none other than myself! Yes, while I was pondering that whom I love most, I realized that my favorite person... is myself! And lo' I give you fine people a plea, that my narcissism be viewed as it should be, true love... of myself...

And so, in the immortal words of Elbow:

"I sat you down and told you how
the truest love that's ever found
Is for oneself"

There I go, voting for Phase again.

Felixaar
2009-02-05, 01:43 AM
The competition's looking stiff, Feliyo...:smalleek:

But WE WILL PERSEVERE!

I will continue to be awesome and you will...

Uh...

Flee.

We're doomed.

Bah! That's why I bought these handy flame throwers!
and yeah, Firefox is right about Persevere. Sorry.
Let's kick some opposing ass, and get back to eachothers later!

Coidzor
2009-02-05, 02:16 AM
I thought you were supposed to upstage the competition in brutally savaging one another? :smallconfused:

Nemeses shouldn't be working together in a contest of nemeses against other nemeses.... that's more like... enemy of my enemy in the playground or something...@_@

Elrond
2009-02-05, 03:48 AM
I would run with you, but I don;t think we'd qualify for anything, Elrond.
aI wish there where eelemental gods iTp coz that would be cool and we'ed quilify

ghost_warlock
2009-02-05, 04:40 AM
I thought you were supposed to upstage the competition in brutally savaging one another? :smallconfused:

Nemeses shouldn't be working together in a contest of nemeses against other nemeses.... that's more like... enemy of my enemy in the playground or something...@_@

Coidzor's got a point. A nemesis is your ultimate, unconquerable foe; an enemy you rank as 'worse' than any other. A true nemesis should be someone you'd never team up with, regardless of the opposition or the stakes. If you'd ever trust someone enough to fight back-to-back with someone, they're not your nemesis. You might dislike or even hate them, but they don't qualify as your nemesis - they're just a garden-variety foe.

/technicality

BTW, Coidzor, do you have a Facebook? Because I totally created some opossum flair yesterday. :smallbiggrin:

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-05, 05:47 AM
I don't have any lightling based skills in real life (I don't think Reiki classes as an element:smalltongue:). Can I see the oppossums as well please, GW? Thse things are really cute.

Castaras
2009-02-05, 06:12 AM
Castaras and Exachix for couple in the playground!

Because what is cuter than a fox and a drow being in love? :smallwink:

<speech to come if I can be bothered>

ghost_warlock
2009-02-05, 07:06 AM
Can I see the oppossums as well please, GW? Thse things are really cute.

It's all saved in the Facebook 'Pieces of Flair' application; little buttons you can add to your profile, displayed on a digital cork-board. I've also created a bunch of other random flair, some of which is OotS-style. If you're on Facebook, you can find me lurking around on there a lot these days; mostly playing Tiny Adventures and Might of Many. I'm a member of the Giant in the Playground group so I should be pretty easy to find.

But anyway...back to talking about Pairs-itP? :smalltongue:

>>
<<

Player_Zero
2009-02-05, 07:28 AM
"Let me try that again," said the voice. "They're going to have...a nuclear warhead of a time."

...You win this round... :smallannoyed:

Skippy
2009-02-05, 11:59 AM
I think Haruki and I can run for Friends, or at least when I ask him >.>

Well, let's hope he wants to, after all we've been through...

Moofin Bard
2009-02-05, 02:39 PM
Vote Moofin Bard and FireFox for COUPLE ITP!!!

Why? Because ever since FF asked me to Prom itP, we have been nearly inseperable. Even though we didn't get to rp much together at prom, we quickly became an item. We've been e-mailing each other about three times a day for the past four months. We also know what the other looks like. FF even wrote me a poem! It's so cute. I would have written him a poem except I'm not very good at writting poetry. Every time we're on Giant together, we come up with...inuendos...that our friends find annoying. FF wouldn't want me to say this but he's really rather adorable...like a polar bear! He would confirm all of this (except maybe being adorable) if it were not for the fact that he is looking at a school in a different state.

Thank you,
MB

Reinholdt
2009-02-05, 02:49 PM
Opposites Attract!

And no, I don't have a speech. Hate those things. Instead, I've got cat on a roomba. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jv8g1YVI)

Dirk Kris
2009-02-05, 02:50 PM
Sorry guys, but after that little episode there with Rutskarn and PZ, they totallt get my vote.

And Phase, he gets my vote too, or he would if he qualified.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-05, 02:57 PM
Sorry guys, but after that little episode there with Rutskarn and PZ, they totallt get my vote.

I'm crossing you off the cake list. [/Sarcasm]

happyturtle
2009-02-05, 04:58 PM
Instead, I've got cat on a roomba. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jv8g1YVI)

Win! :smallbiggrin:

Phase
2009-02-05, 05:54 PM

Aww! I qualify! Really, I do!:smallfrown:

Felixaar
2009-02-05, 06:25 PM
Coidzor's got a point. A nemesis is your ultimate, unconquerable foe; an enemy you rank as 'worse' than any other. A true nemesis should be someone you'd never team up with, regardless of the opposition or the stakes. If you'd ever trust someone enough to fight back-to-back with someone, they're not your nemesis. You might dislike or even hate them, but they don't qualify as your nemesis - they're just a garden-variety foe.

/technicality

Bah! I wouldn't fight back to back with Dragonrider. But maybe side to side. So's I can keep's an eye on her.

Also I'm fairly certain I could conquer if she would just stand still :smallmad:

I'm also now officially torn between voting for Moofin Bard and FireFox or Cass and Exachix... Oh, the troubles!

Rutskarn
2009-02-05, 06:43 PM
The henchman checked the schedule, hoping that it had changed since he last looked at it five minutes ago.

3:00 to 5:00, stand outside boiler room with gun.

Damn it. Nobody ever came to this wing of the base. It was unnecessarily dark and cobwebby, and it smelled like sauerkraut gone bad (not that the henchman in question had ever seen such a thing as sauerkraut gone good). There was no compelling reason to have a guard stationed here--

"Yo...hench-guy."

The henchman started, nearly dropping his firearm.

"Hu-gah-what, what is it, boss?"

"I was just...checking...this part of the base. Exactly. A routine inspection."

"Sure thing, boss...say, is there something wrong with your hat?"

"Pardon?"

"Your hat. It's bulging."

"There is a very, very good reason for that. I am glad you asked, and will respond in full as soon as you turn around and face the wall for, like, just a second."

Obediently, the henchman turned around, and was immediately backstabbed.

Player Zero removed the hat, letting his massive afro assert itself once more. Good thing there weren't any spooky torches in this place--it'd been a while since he fireproofed the ol' fro.

Seizing the guard's firearm, Player Zero began to sprint down the hallway.

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-05, 10:55 PM
Grudging Concession: That was a great speech Moofin Bard...
Dramatic Announcement: But do not think that will spare you should you not vote Master Darkcomet and I! No! In fact, it will only worsen your suffering!
Evil Laughter: AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-06, 08:40 AM
Oh decisions, decisions...

Do I run with Mordokai, my elder brother here iTP whom I've been exchanging barbs, quips, and other sundry exchanges since all the way back...err...last summer...or whenever Advent Children 2 ran...anyway, whose exploits together are well-known...

...or run with my lovely wife who tolerates :smalltongue: it all and jumped in feet first after the Johnson City meetup...

...decisions...

umm...Nominate me and (Mordokai/LadyMeyers) for (Friends/Couple) iTP!

yes, that should cover it.

Mordokai
2009-02-06, 08:42 AM
The blackguard union approves of the above message, even if it is brought to you by lowly *shudders* bard.

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-06, 09:22 AM
Sune and Mielikki would both like a word with you...

UncleWolf
2009-02-06, 09:26 AM

If you are talking about those two beings behind me that are emitting that really bright light that pains even me, then yeah I think they want to have a word with him.

If I were you, Mordokai, I'd start running.

Mordokai
2009-02-06, 10:04 AM

I had a response for that, but I doubt it's appropriate for boards.

Tell them to leave a message.

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-06, 10:05 AM
All the better, they called collect anyway...

I swear, good dieties have no manners.

Mordokai
2009-02-06, 10:18 AM
Stop it, you're breaking my heart, you poor thing.

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-06, 10:44 AM
Bah, you're just jealous that they don't talk to you any more.

I mean, you should hear Sune sometimes...why'd he go? When's he coming back? What'd I do? Who's he with now? Actually, who are you with now? Anyway, Blah blah blah...calling at all hours, like I've got any insight. You really should talk to her.

Speaking of which, we haven't just sat down and talked in the longest time, like this, it's nice.

But anyway, where was I? Oh, right...so they just keep calling and calling and I sure as hell don't know what to tell them and now Shar's looking at me and wondering what I'm doing so I've got to explain that...

UncleWolf
2009-02-06, 11:17 AM

I mean, you should hear Sune sometimes...why'd he go? When's he coming back? What'd I do? Who's he with now? Actually, who are you with now? Anyway, Blah blah blah...calling at all hours, like I've got any insight. You really should talk to her.

Speaking of which, we haven't just sat down and talked in the longest time, like this, it's nice.

But anyway, where was I? Oh, right...so they just keep calling and calling and I sure as hell don't know what to tell them and now Shar's looking at me and wondering what I'm doing so I've got to explain that...

Yeah, but you're a bard. They have to come to you in person.
It is harder being a paladin. They can visit you in your dreams then.(even though that is fun sometimes)

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-06, 11:28 AM
Yeah, but you're a bard. They have to come to you in person.

Don't even get me started.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to explain to the Goddess of Revenge and grudges that having two other goddesses of good was totally innocent?

Mordokai
2009-02-06, 11:30 AM

Oooooh, ain't that sweet? My little brother's becoming a playa :smallbiggrin:

What do you complain? You have two hot, hot, HOT godesses calling you around the clock... one would think you'd put that to use :smallwink:

Last time I checked, women giving you their undivided attention was a good thing.

UncleWolf
2009-02-06, 11:38 AM
Don't even get me started.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to explain to the Goddess of Revenge and grudges that having two other goddesses of good was totally innocent?

Try explaining why there are two goddesses in your...room to your own god.:smallwink:

He congratulated me on that one.:smallbiggrin:
(He is a wolf after all):smallamused:

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-06, 11:44 AM
Yeah...patron diety is the goddess of harbored secrets and grudges, remember?

This drama brought to you by the committee to nominate Cristo/Mordokai for Friends iTP...so in other words, me.

Mordokai
2009-02-06, 11:47 AM
You still have the union support, by the way :smallwink:

Saint Nil
2009-02-06, 07:46 PM
The ultimate goal is peace, but there is no peace without justice, and no justice without forgivness. Always choose redemption over destruction, so that all might find happiness, and realize that they can be forgiven for there mistakes.

Ultimate peace is boring. It is nothing. Why do you mortals think I come out here and ruin your lives? Chaos is the way to go. But what I find really fun is the destroying over and over. So what if I have to lose time to time. It gives me something to do tomorrow. So go and try and make your great world. I'll be there to sent it crashing into the ground. Then wait for you to rebuild it a bit and then brake it again. Repeat until world can't take it anymore and then destroy it all the way and head to the next world.

Pure evil, a disgusting mockery of all that I stand for.

And guess what I don't really care. Now I'm going to light the friendship groups here on fire.

Your a vile fiend that I would banish to lowest plane of the abyss.

Been there done that. Want to see a new thing although. Teleport Drag
Your coming with me to the Abyss!

And'll destroy you there as well.

Good vs Evil. Hero vs Villian. Utopia vs Anarcy A battle raging since the dawn of time. An Elder Evil that wouldn't stay dead, and a priest who will fight for his God's beliefs.

Vote Saint Nil and D_lord Nemesies in the Playground

"Proving good will triumph, but evil puts up a hell of a fight!"

I'm still here you know?

Skippy
2009-02-07, 12:15 AM
So, I've talked to Haruki about this and he's cool with it, so here's our official request:

Nominate Haruki-Kun and Radikalskippy for Friends in the Playground! please...

Felixaar
2009-02-07, 03:46 AM
Your own pathetic squabbles are no match for the epic war waging of Dragonrider and I.

Vote Dragonrider and Felix for Nemeses in the Playground

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-07, 03:49 AM
The ultimate goal is peace, but there is no peace without justice, and no justice without forgivness. Always choose redemption over destruction, so that all might find happiness, and realize that they can be forgiven for there mistakes.

Ultimate peace is boring. It is nothing. Why do you mortals think I come out here and ruin your lives? Chaos is the way to go. But what I find really fun is the destroying over and over. So what if I have to lose time to time. It gives me something to do tomorrow. So go and try and make your great world. I'll be there to sent it crashing into the ground. Then wait for you to rebuild it a bit and then brake it again. Repeat until world can't take it anymore and then destroy it all the way and head to the next world.

Pure evil, a disgusting mockery of all that I stand for.

And guess what I don't really care. Now I'm going to light the friendship groups here on fire.

Your a vile fiend that I would banish to lowest plane of the abyss.

Been there done that. Want to see a new thing although. Teleport Drag
Your coming with me to the Abyss!

And'll destroy you there as well.

Good vs Evil. Hero vs Villian. Utopia vs Anarcy A battle raging since the dawn of time. An Elder Evil that wouldn't stay dead, and a priest who will fight for his God's beliefs.

Vote Saint Nil and D_lord Nemesies in the Playground

"Proving good will triumph, but evil puts up a hell of a fight!"

I'm still here you know?
Shield of Silly!
So vote for Banjo and Dallas! for Friends ITP!
:smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2009-02-07, 05:28 AM
Avast! Thar be nominations!

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-07, 05:41 AM
Yeah, so, I sent Ninja Chocobo a belated birthday PM the other day, out of the goodness of my heart.
He didn't say thank you.
Jerk.

Nominate RabbitHoleLost and jerkface Ninja Chocobo for Nemeses itP.
No, really. We really don't like eachother.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-07, 05:53 AM
Nominate Fredthefighter and Grim Ranger for Nemeses itP or get caught in the crossfire!

Mordokai
2009-02-07, 06:05 AM
With all the hate going around... we need a little friendship as well.

So vote Mordokai and Cristo Meyers for Friend in the Playground :smallsmile: We're making you laught and cringe for the last year or so. With your help, we'll do so for some time longer :smallbiggrin: Well, we'll do it anyway, but hey, why not nominate us anyway!?

Ninja Chocobo
2009-02-07, 06:23 AM
Yeah, so, I sent Ninja Chocobo a belated birthday PM the other day, out of the goodness of my heart.
He didn't say thank you.
Jerk.

What? When!?
*checks PMs*
Oh. Right. Er. Bugger.

Emperor Ing
2009-02-07, 06:32 AM
Hmm, who's the best candidate as my Nemesis, hmm,
*checks list* Hmm, not being very helpful. :smallsigh:

Skippy
2009-02-07, 01:03 PM
Hi guys, I'm Radikalskippy. You might remember me from the narration of Alchemists and Alchemists 2, and maybe you remember my friend Haruki-Kun, your narrator for not only Alchemists and Alchemists 2, but also for Memesville and creator of the awesome comic known as Angelic Slayer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77541) (Seriously, if you haven't read it you should do it RIGHT NOW!!!).

This is our kindly reminder that we'd like to run for the category of Friends in the Playground (Heck, I have a lot of appearance in his comic, how can you not know we're friends?) and that we'd like YOU to nominate us. Hey, I might even convince Haruki to give you cameos in his comic if you help us win!

Also, Mordokai and Cristo have smelly feet. You should not vote for them when the time comes.

Reinholdt
2009-02-07, 01:13 PM
Opposites attract!

I support our campaign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lMRYCaPZGI&feature=related) not with speeches, but with impossibly cute youtube videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQXI7eWCnUA).

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-07, 01:31 PM
Who's that silly joyfull duo?
It's Banjo and Dallas!

Vote Banjo and Dallas for friends itp!

Blue Ghost
2009-02-07, 04:12 PM
How is it that I didn't hear about this thread until now? I would have run as D_Lord's nemesis... :smallfrown:
But as it stands, go Saint Nil! :smallbiggrin:

Player_Zero
2009-02-07, 04:38 PM
{Things}

So... Why ARE you making a story anyway?

Rutskarn
2009-02-07, 05:20 PM
So... Why ARE you making a story anyway?

Choose your own evasive answer!

I could just as easily ask why YOU did NOT make a story.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Well, when a nemesis hates a nemesis very much...

Because your MOTHER.

Because your FACE.

Because your FACE'S MOTHER.

Because it's there.

Haruki-kun
2009-02-07, 05:45 PM
Hey, I might even convince Haruki to give you cameos in his comic if you help us win!

EEK!!! :smalleek:

.........would that help? <.<

SUPPORT HARUKI AND SKIPPY FOR FRIENDS!