PDA

View Full Version : War & XP's - strip 313a

LaffingMan
2009-02-01, 04:59 AM
I hate Miko, an emotion not uncommon to most on this board I think.
However, having finally received and read War and Xp's, I have to ask a question about strip 313a.
How much of Miko's indignant "Don't Eat In this Hive Of Scum And Villainy" was influenced by the fact that she wanted to have a nice homemade (and feminine) dinner on New Years with the people she felt the most connected to (despite the fact they did not feel the same)?

werik
2009-02-01, 05:45 AM
You might want to add "spoiler" to the title, just in case. But addressing the main point, I think it was at least partially influenced, which adds a greater dimension to Miko. I'm sure she did legitimately feel like that was a wicked place to go eat, but I think it was also a fumbling attempt to reach out to others. Roy was right when he speculated that Miko, being an orphan, growing up in a monastery, and being a paladin didn't leave her well adjusted with other society, even amongst the others of her social grouping. Obviously Miko was out of line, and I would say inexcusable in the actions that she took, but this adds a little more sadness to her fate.

The Minx
2009-02-01, 09:39 AM
I hate Miko, an emotion not uncommon to most on this board I think.

Most? No.

A significant (and vocal) number, but not "most". :smallsmile:

However, having finally received and read War and Xp's, I have to ask a question about strip 313a.
How much of Miko's indignant "Don't Eat In this Hive Of Scum And Villainy" was influenced by the fact that she wanted to have a nice homemade (and feminine) dinner on New Years with the people she felt the most connected to (despite the fact they did not feel the same)?

That is a reasonable possibility.