PDA

View Full Version : Book number four

Ted The Bug
2009-02-01, 03:16 PM
I've been wondering who will be on the cover of book 4.
I've been thinking Belkar, what with the 'Evolve or Die' storyline, but with this new comic, I'm not sure. Celia is also a possibility, except she's still not QUITE a main character.
Any thoughts?

SPoD
2009-02-01, 03:28 PM
I've been wondering who will be on the cover of book 4.
I've been thinking Belkar, what with the 'Evolve or Die' storyline, but with this new comic, I'm not sure. Celia is also a possibility, except she's still not QUITE a main character.
Any thoughts?

Vaarsuvius. What's going on right now is the end of a steady descent for the character, and in previous tomes, it's been the character that has the most development that gets to be on the cover.

hamishspence
2009-02-01, 03:38 PM
I'd say both V and Belkar are candidates. Roy- a bit less likely- his arc while long didn't develop him all that much. Celia- a bit doubtful. Miko got hers in Book 2, but I don't think Celia's part's been as big.

I put a thread up a few days ago, but I don't mind reiterating my prediction that it will be Green and Belkar (though Purple and V are a possibility, if a little less likely at the moment (maybe probability will increase if V's arc continues.)

David Argall
2009-02-01, 04:27 PM
Well, V & Belkar are the two who have not appeared, so they are the leading candidates, and Belkar seems to be on short time, so he rates as the prime choice.

hamishspence
2009-02-01, 04:29 PM
Roy hasn't either. (I suspect he'll be left for later though)

Hann
2009-02-01, 04:35 PM
Actually, Roy was on the cover of No Cure for the Paladin Blues. My vote is for Belkar with a green cover, and the name being something like "A Tale of Two Parties".

hamishspence
2009-02-01, 04:43 PM
so it was- I could have sworn it was Miko. Maybe I was looking to closely at the blue background and Miko in the front panel. Oops.

ThisIsNotDan
2009-02-01, 05:04 PM
My guess: Thog.

Kaytara
2009-02-01, 05:27 PM
Vaarsuvius, without a doubt.

1) Only V and Belkar are left.

2) V has been getting loads of development and backstory in this book.

3) Belkar, the only other candidate, has also been getting development, but the recent plot twist suggests we will spend the next few strips delving into V's history, which doesn't leave Belkar much time to die. He'll probably die in the next book, instead, and thus get that one's cover.

Lupy
2009-02-01, 07:05 PM
Belkar had better not die. This whole "Roy being dead" thing is starting to bug me. :smallannoyed:

Actually, I'd love to see Miko lead a crusade against the CE afterlife, only to be thwarted by Belkar.... :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, I predict either:
Belkar - green
V - Blue
or
Miko - Beige

So far we've had:
Elan - Red
Durkon - Yellow
Redcloak - Gray
Roy - Blue
Haley - Orange

So we still need:
Belkar - Green?
Vaaruvius - Purple?
Miko - Beige?
Xykon - No idea

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-01, 08:11 PM
So we still need:
Belkar - Green?
Vaaruvius - Purple?
Miko - Beige?
Xykon - No idea

Why Miko? She's been dead for almost 200 strips, and has only gotten mentioned twice in this current arc.

My vote's for Belkar. If my hunch is correct, V's development now is only the beginning, and his getting better/worse will take place mostly in the next arc. Belkar's development now is why I support him for this cover, although I won't be surprised if V is there instead.

Lupy
2009-02-01, 08:26 PM
Miko will be on the third prequel.

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-04, 10:05 PM
Miko will be on the third prequel.

Of course she will! We totally need to know more about the past of a character who could be summed up as plot device! Even though there are plenty of other characters who are still alive and contributing to the story that could have a prequel book. That makes perfect sense!

If you took that seriously, you're a moron.

The Minx
2009-02-05, 02:49 AM
Shadow;5731649']Of course she will! We totally need to know more about the past of a character who could be summed up as plot device! Even though there are plenty of other characters who are still alive and contributing to the story that could have a prequel book. That makes perfect sense!

If you took that seriously, you're a moron.

She's a lot more than a "plot device". If she were a plot device, her own actions would by definition not be important to the actual story. :smallsmile:

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-05, 08:48 PM
She's a lot more than a "plot device". If she were a plot device, her own actions would by definition not be important to the actual story. :smallsmile:

My explanation of a plot device is something that moves the story along, (something that is important to the story, mind) and Miko qualifies there. Let's look at Miko's story contributions, eh?
1: Railroad party to Azure City
2: Catch Belkar, which leads to his MoJ
3: Kill Shojo
4: Blow up Gate.

While well developed and one of the best characters thusfar in the strip, Miko can be seen as plot device, and I highly doubt her coming back.

EDIT: My definition of plot device is flawed. I mean that a plot device is something who's sole purpose is to move the story foreword in the specific direction the author wants it to, while preventing any other action to occur. For example, a curse that prevents someone to kill someone, even though they are being stalked by ninjas. Miko is an example of an extended plot device.