PDA

View Full Version : Duskblade suggestions

toddex
2009-02-01, 03:16 PM
So I started up a duskblade in a new campaign and we rolled stats lmao. I usually like doing point buy because you can come in with a character concept and not be able to do it. Anyway I ended up rolling 10, 9, 17, 17, 17, 17. Obviously full orc dusk blade was the only choice! Lmao, anyway first feat power attack and now Im at a loss. I guess I could take cleave = \ just looking for feats to use with duskblade. I'm level 3 should be 4 soon.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-02-01, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't bother with PA. Duskblade damage is through the spells, which have to hit to work. I'd probably go with feats to boost spells known like the bloodline feats, dipping in Sandshaper, Voyeristic Seer, or similar, then going into Abjurant Champion. EWP:Whip(preferably using a Whip Dagger) is always nice, as it allows you to strike from far outside their reach, and is godlike when you get to full-attack channel. The other fun option is to go Duskblade 7(the class isn't any longer than that, unless you go all the way to 13) then go Ur-Priest or Sacred Exorcist.:smallamused: Those builds are poor until very high level, though, so I wouldn't bother.

RMS Oceanic
2009-02-01, 04:58 PM
I'm assuming the 17s went into Str/Dex/Con/Int. :)

And Power Attack is great once he gets the Quick Cast ability. Quick Cast True Strike, then full power attack with a two-handed weapon while channeling something like Shocking Grasp or Vampiric Touch. Good times.

Duskblade is one of those classes that work fine going all the way to 20, IMO. That gets you more quick cast, and full channelling at level 13. As for feat suggestion, we really have to know what's in your team so we can recommend what role you play. Also, what spells have you chosen?

toddex
2009-02-01, 06:10 PM
My party consists of a kobold sorc, human cleric, human spontaneous caster version of cleric from Complete divine cant think of the name, Half orc ranger, spiked chain human fighter, and a human expert. I can count on buffs like bless but the two divine casters are new to D&D and im not about to tell them "Pick this spell and buff me with it" theyre just doing their own thing picking stuff that sounds cool.

Our spiked chain fighter got screwed on rolls so he doesnt have the int until level 4 to pick up combat expertise. The player playing the sorc I have never known to pick spells that he could use to buff the party with so i doubt i'll get any buffs from him.

Swooper
2009-02-01, 06:49 PM
...Voyeristic Seer...
I'm not sure what disturbs me more: The fact that you suggested something from That Book, or the fact that I know it's from That Book. :smalleek:

ShadowFighter15
2009-02-01, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure what disturbs me more: The fact that you suggested something from That Book, or the fact that I know it's from That Book. :smalleek:

With a change of name and a bit of tweaking, it'd be a handy PrC for scrying-focussed spellcasters, even if it is from That Book.

J-H
2009-02-01, 08:06 PM
Duskblade Handbook:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=525.0

AslanCross
2009-02-01, 11:11 PM
Arcane Strike is a must for Duskblades. More mileage out of your damage, more AB to burn for your Power Attack, more nova goodness.

Darth Stabber
2009-02-04, 12:00 PM
bloodline feat from dragon compendium. Good ones for a dusk blade are Illithid, necromantic, fire, fey, and air. But you have to take it @ first level.

Myrmex
2009-02-05, 01:28 AM
Arcane Strike is a must for Duskblades. More mileage out of your damage, more AB to burn for your Power Attack, more nova goodness.

Seconded.
Arcane Strike gets the most mileage when you power attack with it.

tcrudisi
2009-02-05, 01:32 AM

Thirded. Combine this with Power Attack at level 20 and you'll be doing thousands of damage in one combat round, and that's ignoring something like combining it with Cleave.

Unless they nerfed that somewhere (which they probably did). Even if they didn't, Arcane Strike is where it's at for a Duskblade.