PDA

View Full Version : What an awesome dragon!

Adeptus
2009-02-04, 02:11 PM
It's so rare to see Dragons treated well by authors. I love the way Rich has handled the vengeful mommy dragon. Kudos Mr Giant. :smile:

B.I.T.T.
2009-02-04, 02:22 PM
Agreed, I have a sense of sympathy for this dragon, even if I disagree with the application of her vengence.

WoDHells
2009-02-05, 08:23 AM
Agreed. What I'd love to see, though, is a dragon character on the OotS side. I mean, I can imagine Belkar riding him/her with a gleeful look upon his face. Death from above, all right!
:smallbiggrin:

DigoDragon
2009-02-05, 12:14 PM
What I'd love to see, though, is a dragon character on the OotS side.

First the Order is going to have to fix the little problem about mommy dragon's son being a dispersed cloud of ash. :D True-Rez the kid and rebuild the treasure will take some work and that's just to make wrongs a right. No idea if that'll earn her support. ^^;

I suppose there's always the liberal use of "Dominate"?

DanReiv
2009-02-05, 12:37 PM
Quest would do the trick too, if she has it. I'm pretty sure V doesn't have limited wish on his spellbook otherwise he would have kept one just in case (for emulating a teleport-prohibited spell for example...)

That would leave Durkon and his remove curse, but not sure, we don't know exactly how powerful the mommy is. She could very well have more than 1 level of sorcerer or prc-like class.

Swen
2009-02-05, 12:49 PM
Agreed. What I'd love to see, though, is a dragon character on the OotS side. I mean, I can imagine Belkar riding him/her with a gleeful look upon his face. Death from above, all right!
:smallbiggrin:

It can't happen. The dragon's not a Stick figure. It would never fit into the Order.

PhantomFox
2009-02-05, 06:08 PM
Do we have a name for the dragon yet? If not, it needs one.

Surprise!
2009-02-05, 07:16 PM
Quest would do the trick too, if she has it. I'm pretty sure V doesn't have limited wish on his spellbook otherwise he would have kept one just in case (for emulating a teleport-prohibited spell for example...)

That would leave Durkon and his remove curse, but not sure, we don't know exactly how powerful the mommy is. She could very well have more than 1 level of sorcerer or prc-like class.

The dragon did cast AntiMagic Field though, which is 6th spell level. So barring some unseen magic item she would be greater then or equal to 12th level Sorc.

Do we know she is a Sorcerer? She says to V "I too have a passion for the Arcane Arts" Seems more like a wizard thing to say, because Sorcerers would take for granted their innate abilities rather then lovelingly memorize each one. So I find it more likely she is greater then or equal to 11 Wizard levels.

Teela-Y
2009-02-05, 08:19 PM
Wow, that is one scary dragon... I do feel sorry for her, though, for her son's death. It wasn't nice of him to turn him into armor. I wonder if the "human" is something in disguise, perhaps!

He looks raggedy. Not like ... I don't know, if his party leader and them are able to take down a dragon, shouldn't they be wearing, oh, I don't know, more suitable dragon slaying armor? >_> Something suspicious!

I feel sorry for the human and the dragon. Aww!

Olo Demonsbane
2009-02-05, 09:35 PM
The dragon did cast AntiMagic Field though, which is 6th spell level. So barring some unseen magic item she would be greater then or equal to 12th level Sorc.

Do we know she is a Sorcerer? She says to V "I too have a passion for the Arcane Arts" Seems more like a wizard thing to say, because Sorcerers would take for granted their innate abilities rather then lovelingly memorize each one. So I find it more likely she is greater then or equal to 11 Wizard levels.

Um, Ancient Black Dragons gain 11 sorcerer caster levels free... so she would only need 1.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-05, 09:57 PM
Do we have a name for the dragon yet? If not, it needs one.

Her name is Velma.

B.I.T.T.
2009-02-06, 01:23 PM
My opinion has changed somewhat on this dragon. Basically she's a lot like any other good villan. Interesting characterisation, and fascinating motives, but she nonetheless has gotta freakin' go.

magic9mushroom
2009-02-07, 12:11 AM
I hate the dragon.

However, she's there to be hated, so it's all good.

Lord_Drayakir
2009-02-07, 01:34 PM
I feel bad for her, and I'm glad the Giant decided to treat her as "intelligent." What I mean is, she obviously has concern for her wyrmling. However, since she's a dragon, she's more interested in revenge, rather than mourning/resurrecting her son.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but dragons have an afterlife with Tiamat, correct? Or is she just a guardian of Hell, and dragons have no after-life?

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-07, 01:47 PM
Evil dragons typically worship her while good dragons worship Bahamut (he may not exist in Rich's world, though). I assumed she had at least 14 Sorcerer levels due to using Greater Teleport.