PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Bards

LibraryOgre
2009-02-04, 07:47 PM
Bards should have a power called "Jazz Hands". It should be an encounter power because, while you can get away with Jazz Hands multiple times per day, you usually can't use them more than once a conversation.

Asbestos
2009-02-05, 01:46 AM
I feel like this is one of those things that came up in a gaming group that you (the royal you) couldn't resist posting.

Also, they should have "Face Melting Solo" as a daily. It melts faces.

I think I'll just add 'Guilty of several counts of PWI' as my sig.

Hzurr
2009-02-05, 12:13 PM
Heh, you actually are completely correct Asbestos, as to the motivation behind the post.

That being said, I'm in full support of coming up with powers that a bard should have (like "Jazz-hands" and "Face-melting-solo").

Hmm...other possibilities.

A utility power called C-D-G-Em, that gives a +2 bonus to all d20 rolls, since you can do anything with those 4 chords.

A utility power called "Morissette," which prevents anyone listening from understanding anything the party says

A encounter power called "Mosh Pit" that immobilizes a character, but on a successful save only slows them. Two failed saves means the target gets groped and/or trampled.

...I feel like there should be more of these...

Artanis
2009-02-05, 12:29 PM
Wardrobe Malfunction. Adds +5 to a feint check, but all future dignity-related checks automatically fail.

Townopolis
2009-02-05, 12:29 PM
Thriller - daily level x
close burst 2, implement
target: each enemy in burst
attack: charisma VS. will
Hit: the target is stunned until the end of your next turn. If the target is undead, it is dominated instead
Miss: the target is dazed until the end of your next turn. If the target is undead, it is stunned instead.
Sustain Standard: Make a new attack roll against each target you successfully hit on your last turn. On a successful attack roll, this effect continues until the end of your next turn. On a failure, the effect ends.

Morty
2009-02-05, 12:35 PM
Nonconformism: Make an instant saving throw with a bonus equal to your Charisma modifier against any movement-impairing effect as a free action.

LibraryOgre
2009-02-05, 12:53 PM
"The Holy Trinity of Rock and Roll"

You play E-A-B-E-A-B-A-E-A-B-B-A and can banish demons.

Xion_Anistu-san
2009-02-05, 01:15 PM
<< Furiously takes notes!>>

E-A-B-...

:elan: