PDA

View Full Version : Total War 2125, round two.

The_JJ
2009-02-04, 07:50 PM
The shots of fireworks fade to black, and then, after the network logo goes through it's animation, a pretty woman with tanned skin and a stylish headdress appears, sitting at her desk.
Hello everyone. As of ten minutes ago, I can now wish everyone in all time zones a Happy New Year. Welcome to this year's Arabian Eye special presentation, the World Today.
We're now a quarter of the way into the new century, and so far, many would say it's been more peaceful than its predecessor. After all, we celebrated this day in 2100 the ribbon-cutting of the world spanning, multinational, Balistic Missile Interception system, built in the wake of the Sino-Russo Exchange.
Today those regions rebuild themselves, New Tibet and the are burgeoning nations in their own right.
In the meantime, Europe remakes itself. Great Britian has taken to the stars, the Nordic areas unified, the Roman Empire has been reborn, at least in Italy, the Swiss have renamed their nation and now sit quietly between great powers, and the... German Alliance has expanded.

*Boos from the audience*

Not right now people. Tune in for my talk show if you want arguments.

A few nations in Europe remain unchanged, but the world has moved on past them.
Many nations have sprung up from bussiness intrests. The GEC Cities are a techincal marvel, built on artifical land, while in the Americas the corperate nation of Globo Corp continues to run... taxfree.

*More boos, this time playful*

Meanwhile, unrest is slowly stirring. There have been reports of irregular forces gathering in the Amazon and the Andes.
Up north, the USA continues to hold a station on the world stage. But, is it a sleeping giant or crumbling facade? President Lee tells us that it is the former, but it's his fierce Secretary of Defence, Shona Han, who makes us believe.
Africa, as a continent, has seen the biggest of changes, uniting under one flag it now rests at Europe's door step. Another contender to face the Germans or the Romans? Or will the be coming the land route, Suez aside, right to here?

*Nervous laughter*

That's right ladies and gentlemen, I speak now of our very own jurisdiction, however nominal-

*More laughs, now unforced* The woman smiles sheepishly.

-Arabia. Our biggest changes? The end of the religious conflicts. No more Sunni/Shiite shootouts in Mecca or Tehran, and certainly the Zionists, no matter the name, have quelched the Jewish wars by secularizing and unifing.

*Smattered applause*

Speaking of secularizing, no new news on the Turkish coup. The capital is still locked up. Fortunatly, no deaths reported thus far.
Well, we move on. The expasions out of Australia have met the Khao coming the other direction. More war on the horizon?

Could be, but in happier news, the worlds longest dynasty has assured its survival for another generation. That's right people, the Empress of Japan gave birth just two hours ago. It's a healthy baby girl.

This is Yasmine el Tayib, I hope you all have a Happy New Year, but right now I just want to go home and sleep.

*Applause. Lights dim.*

The Players:

The UK

In space!

The UK:
Moral:++
World Opinion: ++++
Economy: ++-
Technology: +++++
Espionage: ++
Military: ++-

Specials:
Isolated: This nation is either entirely or in part isolated from the rest of the world, giving them a significant boost to infiltration defence.

Unique:
I can see you house from up here...:
The UK has itself unpresedented access to spacefaring technology.

Esp 3 to view
DED dead.
The VREE
US arms company gone rogue.

Esp 4 to view

The VREE
Moral:+++
World Opinion: +
Economy: ++
Espionage: ++++
Military: +++

Specials:
Isolated: This nation is either entirely or in part isolated from the rest of the world, giving them a significant boost to infiltration defence.

Unique:
Automated Army:
The VREE mechs do not require pilots. They are not affected by low morale, suprise attacks, biological weapons, or the like.

Globo Corp
Capitalism gone mad!

Globo Corp
World Opinion: + or ++++
Economy: +++++ (resent spending offset by $ from New Tibet deal)
Technology: ++++ (plus one do to VREE attack)
Military: 0

Specials:
Powerful Deterent: This nation has shown it not only has the capability but also the will to utterly destroy an opponent. Nations shall respect, fear, or resent this.

Inplacable Enemies:
Sometimes, even PR isn't enough.

Money is Power:
This nation is adept at putting it's economic might to use in shadowy theaters. (Espy gets econ synergy bonuses)

Unique:
Corperation Nation:
Globo Corps unique position of self-governence, and hence self-regulation, and hence, no regulation has led and will lead to unpresedented economic growth.

MOTUI
Aussies on a rampage!

MOTUI
World Opinion: - (down .5 due to preemtive strike)
Economy: +++
Technology: ++++
Military: +++ (War and sabotage)

Specials:
Powerful Deterent:
This nation has shown it not only has the capability but also the will to utterly destroy an opponent. Nations shall respect, fear, or resent this.

Iron Fist:
This nation is well versed in using might to keep order.

Unique:
Biowarfare is a terrible thing:
The MOTUI's use of biological weapons strikes fear into the hearts of it's foes, quite rightly.

UAF
Africa united. Hey, Solaris win! Oh wait...

The UAF
Moral:+
World Opinion: ++
Economy: +++++
Technology: +++
Espionage: +++
Military: +++++

Specials:
Implacable Enemies:
Sometimes, even PR isn't enough.

Iron Fist:

Unique:
Continental:
The UAF controls an entire continents worth of resourses and populations. 'Disposable' doesn't even begin to cover it...

Khao
Laos? Laos!? Taking over India? Huh...

Moral:+ (down due to biowar deaths)
World Opinion: +++
Economy: +-
Military: ++- (down due to war)

Specials:
Modified soldiers:
This nation has successfully modified its soldiers gene codes to make them more resistant to the following: Chemical warfare, biological warfare, and fatigue.

Unique:
Chimera state:
The Khao govenment and people are a strangly diverse group, allowing them to call on any number of specialities and faction in a time of need.

Zion
Peace in the Middle East?

Zion
World Opinion: ++
Economy: ++++
Military: ++++

Specials:
Message Management:
This nation has a firm hand on the local media outlets.

Unique:
Agressive defence:
The Zion government - and it's espionage forces - are very good at getting advanced warnings.

GIAF
Is it just an aid organization? (Note, puppy turned the Pope into a war criminal.)

Moral:++++
World Opinion: +++++
Military: + (?)

Specials:
World Respected:
Even the harshest and most credible critisisms of this power are dismissed out of hand. Who would suspect them of foul play?

Unique:
Aid Nation:
This nation can harness the mighty powers of public guilt to expand their coffers.

SAGA
Umm... how to put this without invoking Godwin's law?

SAGA
Moral:+
World Opinion: -1 (Wrecked Rome!)
Economy: + (Down due to ? and lost territories)
Military: .5 in Saga ++ deployed to the GEC

Specials:
Powerful Deterent:
This nation has shown it not only has the capability but also the will to utterly destroy an opponent. Nations shall respect, fear, or resent this.

Iron Fist:

Unique:
We don't need no water...:
The devastating effects of firey death can be rather disconcerning. The will to resist SAGA crumble very fast.

Helvetica
Switzerland with a paint job and a new name. Oh, and new enemies.

Helvetica
World Opinion: ++++
Economy: +-
Technology: ++++++
Military: ++++

Specials:
Precarious Position:
This power is in a dangerous place. What does this mean? Depends...

Unique:
History of Neutrality:
The Swiss have forever kept themselves out of the wars of the world. Woe unto he who would upset this peace...

The Nordic League
Econmic superpower on the border of military ones.

The GEC
Two linked cities in the Atlantic.

Occupied!

Morale:+
World Opinion: +++
Espionage: +

Specials:
Nigh Monopoly:
This nations command over a certain resourse has lead it to control an unseemly market share.

Isolated:
This nation is either entirely or in part isolated from the rest of the world, giving them a significant boost to infiltration defence.

Unique:
Any ideas?

Esp 5 to view:

Blood Jade
Ninjas meet Mafia. Hello Yazkuza!

Esp 7 to view:

Blood Jade:
Moral:+++++
World Opinion: 0
Economy: ++++++
Espionage: ++++++
Military: ++

Specials:
Bogeyman: This non-state actor is either entirely or in part regarded as a myth, legend, if it is even recognized at all. Very hard to spy on. As good as invisible to those poor bastards with out a good spy corp.

Limited Resourses, Military: This group lacks the capabilities to further build it's army by conventional means.

Unique:
Assasin Army:
The Blood Jade army, small as it may be, scoffs at things like 'borders' and 'bases.' They can practically be anywhere, anytime.

Whacha tink? Also, don't forget thy goals and supersecret.

The Brotherhood
Shadowy psionic puppeteers.

Esp 7 to view:

The Brotherhood
Moral:+++++
World Opinion: N/A
Economy: +++++
Technology: ++++++- (up due to ?)
Espionage: ++++++

Specials:
Bogeyman: This non-state actor is either entirely or in part regarded as a myth, legend, if it is even recognized at all. Very hard to spy on. As good as invisible to those poor bastards with out a good spy corps.

Limited Resourses, Military: This group lacks the capabilities to further build it's army by conventional means.

Limited Resourses, Population: This group lacks the means to replish the loss of even a few members.

Sleepers: They're everywhere!

Unique:
Nexus of Great Minds:
The Brotherhood is made up of only the select, who all act in concert as a hivemind. Instant communications, and wonderful potencial.

State or near state NPC's:

The New Roman Empire
Italy has once again united under an Emperor. Umberto's swift rise to power (and his secret police, the Glaudio) has inspired loyalty among his citizens, but fear in the rest of the world.

Military: + in Italy +++- deployed to SAGA
Morale: ++++
Econ: ++ (Rome gone!)
Tech: ++
FO: ++ (taking on SAGA and Rome sympathy)

The USA
Fear teh Hanzor!
An old superpower, looking to reclaim it's place on the world stage. Totally not going to gomad with power.

Military: +++++
FO: +++
Econ: ++
Tech: ++++

LUSA

Communist rebels in South America, lead by one Vincent Ramierez.

FO: ++
Econ: +
Tech: +

The Solaris Alliance Rebellion

The largest of the African Rebel groups. So far it's leader, Commander Kail, remains at large, but much of the group's higher levels have fled the country.

Military:++-
FO: ++

New Tibet

Morale: +++++
FO: ++++
Econ: ++++

Free State of New Muskovy

FO: +++
Morale: +++

Assorted others, unstated... so far. (DundunDUN!):
Brazil
Japan
Turkey
Iran
France
The Pope
Canada
Saudi Arabia
Dagwoods

Nonstate NPC's:

United News Networks Announcement

A news network... duh.

FO: +++++
Morale: +++
Esp: +++
Military: + (Mostly point defence on sattalites)
Tech: +++

Chairman Yuètán has been increasing mining operations on the surface of Luna. In a press conference he highlighted that parts for a new Eye station were being crafted on the Lunar surface and he was happy to announce that investments bids into this station are open to all nations. He added that the independence of UNN would be best guaranteed if it's stations would be partially owned by those the station was to broadcast about. This eye station would be a more advanced station then most and would contain an advanced propulsion system allowing it to cover news in various regions easily.

Non monitary bidpacks can also be made, the UNN is looking for the following, each would be translated into a monitary share of the new Eye Station.

- Even more advanced propulsion systems
- More effective point defence systems
- More advanced life support systems

Legion

Anonymous hackers who go about bravely pranking in the name of free speech. They do not fogive, they do not forget, the are... Legion.

FO: +
Morale: ++++++
Tech: ++++ (Computer based)
Espionage: +++++ (Ditto)
Econ: ?

YouNews
Your alternate source for news. Less bothered by such things as accountability and verifying sources, but also less bothered by the fear of angering sponsors or retribution. The best respected of these user names have brought down tyrants and corperations with their stinging exposes. Still, they tend to show up right next to the latest crackpot throwing up "proof" of the existance of aliens, or whatever.

FO: between + and +++++, depending.
Tech: +
Econ: +
Military 0

[Not to worry, PC stats will go in as soon as I can copy and paste them in. And change them in light of your pregame plotting.]

{Things work like this. You post what you are doing/saying. Stuff that is secret, you put in a GM spoiler. Conversations that are secret you put in spoilers addressed to the intended recipient. You can read the spoilers of anyone with a lower esp than you.

If you are PMing, even with another person, keep me in the loop. Just add my name to the send to list every couple of back and forths. When you reach a decision, both parties should send me a PM.}

Greystone
2009-02-04, 08:57 PM
Blood Jade HQ...Location Unknown (Secret, but not important)

Head Master Gasjung Nichen was a old Japanese man, though he had aged extremely and could defeat practically any of the younger men in a fight. Experience has no substitute.

He sat quietly in a meditation garden, staring into a clear blue pool. He loved sitting here. Suddenly a buzz interrupted his piece. He flipped out a cell phone.

"Hello? Ah yes... indeed? Good work Grey, as usual you have not failed us."

He flipped the phone shut and placed it carefully to the side, the world was indeed changing.

The United States Branch

“Yes… yes I understand that…” The voice that echoed around the room as she walked in was so familiar. It had once been kind to her, tender and amused. But now it was all business, as it had been towards her for so long as well. “No… fifteen K a bag is too steep. No, I don’t care what they say! We are the Jade and should be given preferential treatment! Yes… we can buy from them if that’s what they want, but they have to offer incentive.”

Shia Fang entered the room and bowed to her sister. She waited as Kara finished her call and turned "What is it?"

"Mistress, Dr. Brisby reports that he will be attempting to try something new"

Kara stared emotionlessly "and?"

"He wanted to know if you wished to be there" the blond, palish woman said sofly.

Kara laughed, her black hair swishing "Like I care about how it happens, I merely want to see results...understand?"

Shia nodded "Very Well"

Brisby's Main Laboratory.

The huge cavernous room sparkled with metal sheen and hummed with technology as various machines, their purposes unknown, quietly went about their business. Along the walls, tucked neatly between the various machines, lay desks with various types of laboratory equipment.

Sat at one of these, his face crumpled with concentration sat Dr Brisby. Working at the desk on a tiny component, he was unaware of the young blond man that quietly walked up behind him and coughed.

“We have finished the main resonator core, Dr Brisby.”

Dr Brisby looked up into the face of his new lab assistant... Carl he thought his name was, and nodded. The huge device in front of him was half constructed, but he had to finish it as soon as possible. Ms. Fang was counting on him.

“Very good, Carl?” Brisby breathed an inward sigh of relief as the young assistant nodded and smiled. “Very good indeed. Such a chore isn’t it.”

“Well, why do we need such a huge communications system, Sir?” Carl scratched his head. “With this much power, and enough targeting data, you could send a communication around the globe with this thing by satellite bounce.”

Brisby grinned. “Ah, but that’s why we need it. If my scheme with Ms Fang is to succeed, we will need this to… command our little tools around the world. Pareo Servus needs a stable communication system like this, otherwise they just return here for further instruction.”

Carl nodded. “Well, what shall I do next, Sir?”

“Finish up the laser generator. I have to prepare the… organic side of this.” he walked and fetched a white lab rat, implanted with the Servus chip.

Carl bowed and Brisby blinked, before remembering that Ms Fang had provided this assistant, along with the components to finish the communications system for his project. For their project, he corrected himself. He could not fault Carl at all, the young man was smart and attentive. Plus, like Kara, he listened to him and he would politely suggest solutions to problems he, Brisby, had missed.

Yes, this is so much better than when I had other help. Brisby sighed and glanced across at the heavily reinforced cabinet that sat against the wall. Painted very carefully, he knew because he had done it himself, to diagrams and everything! On the cabinet glared a bright red biohazard symbol. Only he knew why, and what was inside.

Brisby had never been one for bio-warfare. He wasn’t that stupid. What was the point of wiping everyone out with something like that? Where was the chance to make them fear you and then obey you if they were dead? Besides, he knew that no matter how carefully you designed something like that, it would come back to haunt you. No… no bio-warfare for him.

But what was in that cabinet was pure genius. Even if he had been forced to… outsource for most of the technology. The plan, the design the solution to the first basic problems had all been his idea. Now, he could finally try it out on the woman who had made him think it up in the first place.

Actions- Read you shall not.
Do not read if not DM!!

The Jade begins its stranglehold on as much organized crime as possible. Wiping out and converting, buying or blackmailing, all the major players. Japan and most of asia is theirs, with a sizable foothold in the US and Africa.

Kiren
2009-02-04, 10:00 PM
GM ONLY
My ties with a certain thing as show in the PM allow me to use their "Network" automatically right, so I may view certain things if so I need that stat. I need to know this before I can make my first action

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-05, 12:13 AM
Board Meeting, Globo Corp Headquarters, Prosperity

On the wall behind an aged Emanuel Buffet plays a replay of the UNN new years broadcast. "Anybody notice anything wrong?" the other board members remain stoney faced. "No? I'll play the important part over for you."

The screen jumps replaying

Many nations have sprung up from bussiness intrests. The GEC Cities are a techincal marvel, built on artifical land, while in the Americas the corperate nation of Globo Corp continues to run... taxfree.

*More boos, this time playful*

"Katrina, PR has always been your department. Care to explain what we just saw?"

The young woman stands firm under the scrutiny of the other board members. "The boos weren't derisive. Globo still enjoys wide spread support in the first world. What you saw was a good sign. Globo has become a Wal-mart of the twenty second century. Globo is the company everyone loves to hate. Our last data suggest that "Globo" is mentioned an average of 1.6 times a day in every household on the planet. As the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity."

Buffet shakes his head. "That's not good enough. Marketing receives to much of the budget to be 'the company everyone loves to hate'. Your job is to make everyone think that we sh*t gold bricks that cure cancer."

The younger woman bites back a retort. "We'll make it up next quarter."

"See that you do." Buffet then addresses the board as a group once more. "As you know we are planning a massive manufacturing expansion. I propose that director Ka-Shing be put in charge of managing the new plants. All in favor?" Every board member with the exception of Ka-Shing raises their hand. "Motion carried. Congratulations Vincent do us proud." The Asian board member bows in his seat but remains silent.

"And now for our last order of business before we adjourn." The wall lights up once more, showing the face of a William Gates VIII. Like his ancestor, he seems to exude a nerdy sort of intellect. "Gates where the hell are you?"

"I'm here in Tokyo."
"What are you doing in Tokyo?"
"The is a major tech con..."
Buffet cuts him off. "I don't care. Get your ass back to prosperity. The tech division is getting that funding you asked for and then some."
"What? What made the board..."
Buffet cuts him off once more. "We're sending the specs to your office tomorrow. I expect you to be there to start work."
"Specs?..." The screen goes blank, removing the image of a bewildered Gates.

"That does it for today. Meeting adjourned."

dresdor
2009-02-05, 12:35 AM
"Now you've all completed your training, so these mark ones should be simple enough to pilot. You will be hot dropped five klicks outside the target area. At two klicks altitude, activate your Limited HOVER systems to slow your descent, the reinforced knee joists can take the rest of the impact. There you will set up a perimeter until Beta team in our Mark 3's comes ashore. Is that clear?" The sea of strange faces around Olivia nodded. "Get to your mechs." The pilots ran off to the huge mechanical monsters that were being loaded onboard the even larger Hybrid-HOVER cargo planes that would ferry them to their destination. Her smaller force would take their more advanced mechs for a longer, but safer, journey over the polluted oceans to reach their target.

"Something bothering you, STORM?" Elliot, the spymaster, asked.

"Just waiting for these new recruits to get shot down. I certainly hope you got the payment up front for this lot. Selling them mechs is one thing, training their pilots?"

"Part of the deal, as were these missions you are running. Try to bring some of these guys back alive, we could use the good PR with their boss."

Olivia notices several large crates being unloaded by scientists in biohazard gear. "Is that..."

"None of your concern, yes. Now get along to your mech, I have to hurry to my own mission if yours is to be successful."

Olivia saluted, and ran over to her mech. She strapped herself in, and pulled down her helmet. In seconds her virtual HUD came alive, reporting all systems were clear for take-off. She sat and waited for a few minutes until her other squadmates reported that they too were ready. She gave the clearance for the Hybrid-HOVERs to take off, and engaged her own engines after the last one was away. Everything seemed good, her plasma reactor was stable, her autoloading systems were standing by, and her repair drones were latched firmly to her hull. She fed additional power into her Continuous HOVER system and headed west.

OOC: PM sent to the GM.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-05, 01:11 AM
The representatives of the Council sat in the hinterlands; the building of several new facilities had gotten under way. The order had come swiftly from the top, almost out of nowhere, but no matter, the expansion into the rain forests had been swift as the Australian legions had taken what little land they did not claim themselves. It was uncertain times in Khao, the Plane of Jars.

Elsewhere in the country, supplies had slowly begun to draw in from the far flung holdings newly acquired. News reports had come streaming in, the national media had certainly not been lax in the Western Holiday Season. New Years was several months off, the Year of the Dragon, an auspicious sign that they had made sure to claim in their own media that times would be bountiful.

The Council remained locked in constant debate with one another, their eyes set to the world view, medical supplies had been shipped out to more countries over the last several months, and several had come up missing, only to be found in the hands of a small village in what was once India. Khaon officials had been swift to take the supplies back.

Elsewhere. The Khaon officials sat waiting.

Kiren
2009-02-05, 06:27 AM
S.A.G.A.'s Top officials have met planning their next move.

"Turn it off Cornelius...the world hates us now, for we bring in a new era in human life. S.A.G.A. will stand the greatest civilization in Europe, where Germany has once failed, we shall stand triumphant"

curtis
2009-02-05, 11:49 AM
The GEC

What follows is a live broadcast to every nation of the world.

Jonny Scorpio stands, facing the camera.

"Greetings, nations of the world. This looks to be a truly great year for the GEC; the pipes are pumping, the sun is shining, and Craig Portula has been elected as the Guardian of the Two Cities. Things are not as great in the rest of the world, however: Khao and MOTUI look to be heading into war. In this and all other matters we remain neutral, and will keep supplies flowing to both sides. Any attacks against us, or attempts to steal our supplies, will not be tolerated.

We hope your year is as great as ours, and may your fuel flow freely!

Emperor Demonking
2009-02-05, 11:59 AM
The United Kingdom

On the BBC and the official Web Site along with any other way they could get this short and relatively minor message out was:

King Halfax stood in the conference room standing next to the Prime Minister as he spoke. "We would like to be the first to congratulate the Japanese royal family on the birth of their beautiful baby girl. On a lesser note we'd like to say that we're subsidising green technology even further. Many of us may not live there but we still have to take care of it for our children."

Earl of Purple
2009-02-05, 01:12 PM
UAF

On African television, an all-channels broudcast is sent to all corners of the UAF. President John Mbatu is making an announcement. We are happy to announce that the Canary Islands have agreed to join. We are continuing to ask other islands, such as Mauritius, Reunion, the Spanish Plazas de soberania, the Azores, Cape Verde and the Madeira islands to join. We do this because with the threat of difficulty in Europe, we believe ourselves to be the best hope of their continued security from foreign powers. We also congratulate the Japanese Emperor on the birth of his daughter, and we hope for her continued well-being and health. We hope that if there is war in Europe, that we will remain uninvolved but that is assuming that there is war in Europe, which we believe won't happen.

Secrets for the GM
In a secret research facility, Jeanette McCallahan is wrighting up current military research results for the sonic weaponry being tested and its effectiveness on some captured rebels/innocent villagers caught up in a raid.

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-05, 01:20 PM
Zion

Four people are sitting at a table. While the table was a perfect square, meaning that all positions were equal, one person somehow managed to give off the feeling that, while at this moment they were all equals, he was slightly more equal than the others.

Solomon Grey held a piece of paper in one hand, not bothering to read the first item of the list. "Now, our traditional first subject of discussion is a familiar one, I suspect. Madame Naseem, what do you have to say on it?"

A youngish if plain woman opposite Solomon looked up from the papers she was studying and answered the question casually, having known before each of these meetings that it would be the first one asked. "No countries look like they're getting ready to oppose us, be it economically or militarily. S.A.G.A's getting a bit more aggressive, and considering who they are that's saying something, but it isn't geared at anyone in specific. Considering our distance from them we're safe for the moment."

Solomon nods. "Now, onto our business. From now on I want all drugs and black market contraband captured to be stockpiled, not destroyed. We can most likely find a use for them sometime. Commander Amjad, I want you to be the one to tell our homeland security forces this. Make sure they abide by it. Madame Naseem, get me a list of possible scapegoats I can elect into a position of minor power and blame later on if any other countries find out about this. Preferably one of those expansionist idiots. It'll please them while I can get the man out of the position at a later date."

Amjad nodded. The man had a series of ugly scars down one side of his face, blinding him in one eye. "Understood. Thinking of legalizing drugs, sir?"

Solomon paused for a moment. "Not right now. Madame Naseem's driving a propaganda campaign to try and get our public more used to the idea. On that subject, will the speech be ready for my address in two weeks?"

Naseem nodded, her mouth twitching up for the barest of moments. "Yes, sir. I've finished the first draft of the speech that you were too incompetent to write yourself."

The was a brief pause, into which Amjad let out a very short chuckle. Solomon raised an eyebrow. "You always call me by a honorific when you insult me. Amjad, may I remind you that, while you all do have my permission to speak freely, it is advised not to laugh at a comment made by another member of the council. Even if she is your wife." Solomon looked around the group and settled his gaze on the last figure there. "Omar, how goes the development?"

The ape-like man spoke surely enough to render his notes superfluous. "It's going well, and we're well in pocket so far, and our prototype's not long in the coming. We could divert money to social projects if you wish, but I believe it best we keep it in store for unforeseen difficulties. They always happen. Back in the olden days, people called it 'Murphies Law', according to the history books."

Solomon grinned. "Thank you, Omar. Now we've outlined the items of this meeting, let us discuss them. Madame Naseem, could you please give me your opinion on the best way to convert the public's opinion regarding drugs?"

Emperor Demonking
2009-02-05, 01:25 PM
The United Kingdom

... The Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom began to talk. "We would like to ease fears. The United Kingdom has no desire for war and are not getting ready to wage war. We would like to urge our fellow Europeans, SAGA
Helvetica, The Nordic League and The NRE to make a similar announcement to put these fears to rest."

dresdor
2009-02-05, 01:52 PM
"Foreman!" Elliot called to the head engineer of the manufacturing plant. Several half completed mechs were being furiously worked on by hovering robots and human workers on catwalks around the bay. The foreman looked up from the technical readout on the screen before him.

"Sir, it's good to see you. I thougt you would be on your way to..."

"My mission has changed slightly. Marketing informs me that they have a few leads, and our buyers will need a few squads of mechs next quarter."

"Next quarter? We need these drones online next week, we don't have time to build..."

"Leave the other details to me, if these deals come through, we won't have to worry as much about defense, and can focus on our true purpose: technical development."

"Aye, sir. How many mechs do you need?"

"At the moment, forty eight mark one mechs. They're for export, so standard, no frills or experimental devices. Fission reactors, you know the deal."

"Aye sir, same as the last batch. I'll get them ready ASAP."

Elliot nodded and walked towards his transport plane. He was already late for the top secret meeting he was heading to, which hopefully would provide some interesting results.

Greystone
2009-02-05, 01:57 PM
Brisby's Main Lab

Dr. Brisby frowned as another failed attempt marred his good record. "What seems to be the problem doctor?" a cool voice flowed over him.

The scientist turned and had to force himself not to go slack-jawed. Kara fang was dressed in a Kimono-esq dress, made of a red material that clung to her skin like water, a silver dragon going up the side.

"M- Ms. Fang" he stuttered "We are still having problems with the intergration process."

Kara let a flash of annoyance cross her Asian features "I thought you were the leading scientist in nano-technology"

"oh I am" Brisby assured the woman "I am years ahead of my fellows in the science feild... its just I don't have a huge grasp of Biology, and I hear Brain Surgery is the most difficult..."

Kara didn't listen and she thought to herself "Then I guess I will need to find a brain surgeon."

GM
Agents infiltrate the GEC to find any profit to be had there.

Kara surreptisously begins looking for corrupt, but skilled brain surgeons to fold into the project

LongVin
2009-02-05, 04:21 PM
Nordic League

History for future reference:

The Nordic League

Territories: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania

History: In the turmoil of the last hundreds the few people to do well were the industrialists. Using their financial clout they were able to establish a union between the three main Scandinavian nations of the north, Norway, Sweden and Finland. They reshaped these nations into a new Hanseatic league.

Working with large businesses in surrounding nations the Nordic merchants were able to buy up large tracts of land and financial institutions and eventually bringing about business coup's of the civilian government and a political/business union with that of Scandinavia.

Following the initial acquisitions of Greenland and Iceland the industrial and technological base of this economic powerhouse became so great that the peoples of other nations became extremely willing to join in order to take part in the prosperity. Over the next dozen years the Baltic states soon fell under the control of the Nordic Union creating what is now recognized as the extent of the Union today.

Strength: Large Industrial Base - The union has a massive industrial base making them one of the largest if not largest economy in the world. Producing products from nails to massive ships the union is at the forefront of economic advancement and constantly searching for new products and new markets.

Important Persona:

Olaf Kielland: Olaf Kielland is a wealthy industrialist and head of the Chambers of Government. After years of running a shipbuilding corporation he was invited to join the Oligarical government and take part in deciding the direction of the nation. Following a decade of faithful service and the resignation of the previous president of the Chamber, Kielland was elected the new president. His current goals include the continued expansion of the Nordic League into new markets across the world and potentially into space.

General Gustav Rydberg: General Rydberg is the current head of the Chambers of the Military and is responsible for the organization of the small voluntary but highly trained Nordic Defense Forces.

Erik Fossum: Erik Fossum serves as the chief spymaster for the Nordic League. He has served with both the internal and external security bureaus for over 30 years before being put in charge of the League's Intelligence Agency that oversees both organizations.

Dr. Johan Nordhagen: The good Dr. Nordhagen leads the Chamber of Science which as the name suggests is responible for handling all government sanctioned research that is initiated by the state. Personally, Dr. Nordhagen is a gifted theoritical and practical phycisists.

Five Year Plan

President Kielland has announced today that the Chamber of Government has officially approved a new five year plan for the League. Current goals are for the League to gain greater control of markets in Western Europe with a strong focus on purchasing agricultural businesses to help compliment the primarily industrial based economies of the Nordic League. Initial offerings will be made to companies in France, Spain and Portugal over the next six months.

On the scientific front, heavy research is going to be conducted in the following two fields in preparation for an eventual jump into space:

1. Cold Fusion: In order to have an effective and long distance space exploration program it is vital to develop a way to generate power through the use of cold fusion. This will also allow for greatly reduced power costs throughout the League with the eventual construction of cold fusion reactors eliminating the need for fossil fuel powerplants.

2. Anti Matter: Research is also to be conducted on increasing production of the material known as "antimatter." Antimatter can have many uses(including medical) but its primarily function will be to serve as a fuel for an future spacecraft. The maingoal at this stage is to find ways to produce antimatter in any meaningful quanities.

Secret @ JJ

The military is also tagged onto the antimatter project as a researching and funding body. They will be investigating ways to create an antimatter based weapon with a primary focus on constructing antimatter bombs and a possible particle beam delivery system from space.

LongVin
2009-02-05, 07:46 PM
The United Kingdom

... The Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom began to talk. "We would like to ease fears. The United Kingdom has no desire for war and are not getting ready to wage war. We would like to urge our fellow Europeans, SAGA
Helvetica, The Nordic League and The NRE to make a similar announcement to put these fears to rest."

The Nordic League would also like to state that it has no desire to make war or see any disruption to normal business operations.

Copacetic
2009-02-05, 09:21 PM
Chrstopher Ackhart ran his hand through ihs hair, and sighed. These last few days had been a strain, and people ad not been the most cooperative. But it was done, and that is that. He presses a button, and a panel rises out of his desk and flickers into life. Good Morning Sir. A face greets him from the panel. I have done as you requested. Excellent. How are things coming along. Fine, the first batch is a sucess. Ready to go on your command. Hmm. Very Well. Continue, and Alert me when you are ready. Out.

RationalGoblin
2009-02-05, 10:55 PM
Helvetica

Bern, former capital of Switzerland

Hans Scherman, steps up to a podium, grinning from ear to ear.

"Friends! Citizens of Helvetica! This is a new era! An era of progress and prosperity! I can feel a new wind coming, my friends. For example, though I do not think we'll need it, Helvetica is developing new types of armor to protect us. And, we are working closely with all nations that promise prosperity and peace for the world."

The_JJ and Wizard of the Coat only

Helvetica also invests in select biotech companies, owned or used by the Brotherhood.

The_JJ only

Besides the things in the PMs, I am researching ways to create an earthquake machine, building robotic soldiers, and also researching a halberd-type weapon that can fire bolts of intense heat.

Also building up the defenses of all of Switzerland, including using that new armor plate stuff to armor plate large portions of the cities, and building missle defense and etc.

Emperor Demonking
2009-02-06, 06:09 AM
The United Kingdom

GM

The United Kingdom is going to build another Space Station.

The United Kingdom is encouraging its citizens to buy shares in the
United News Networks Announcement. The United Kingdom is offering a minor tax break for those that give money for the Investment Alliance to buy shares on the money-givers behalf.

Wizard of the Coat
2009-02-06, 01:56 PM
The Brotherhood

The nexus is brimming with thoughts of those within it. World leaders are receiving visions from the brotherhood in their dreams...visions that somehow they know to be true, if only because their secretary handed them a report they allready had been shown in their dreams, but were unable to speak somehow finding the thought of that abhorrant and even if they would pick up a phone with that intention on their minds the phone would simply refuse to work. Instinctively though they knew that they would only have to concentrate if they wanted the brotherhood to respond...

What to do, how to benifit mankind form the shadow...the nexus was full of ideas to further mankind as it had been for the many years since it had began. Mankind must prepare for hardships both on and of the planet the nexus decided after considerable thought...and so the preparations began.

@GM (VERY DIFFICULT TO SPY ON, note those with contract with the brotherhood only receive info on others, not on the brotherhood)
The brotherhood is using the nexus raw mental power to try and predict markets and make wise investments, especially co-operating with investments made by other governments through indirectly linked subsidiaries so that none of the money can be traced by to any members.

The governments that are making specific deals with us on tech and economic exchanges will naturally have such investments happyly received through subsidiaries and in return the brotherhood intends to fully abide by the contract so long as their economic support keeps slowly flowing in the righ direction.

Independent research organizations are being directed to research into the field of genetic medicin, genetic alterations, terraforming and green technologies. These should be sectors which through allies are sending funding, the research is theoretical for now, seeking to expand the borders of human knowledge, but closely guarded by Brotherhood intelligence.

The latent talent project to create a second pool of psychic energy (the one I pm-ed you about) is started by the nexus, by investing tiny amounts of mental energy to activate latent talents and then harvesting a small of this energy back into a larger pool. This is build slowly, but continuously. If needed secret research might be done to assist this.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-06, 03:28 PM
Ma Dai checked the record once, then twice, then a third time before throwing his hands up in frustration. Two full hospitals were comming up in the red, and by his record they were not even complete. Two full sources of revenue missing, investments that could have gone to the local population were...clearly going somewhere else, somehow.

What was more, sensitive information had been called up from deep within the vualts, and shipped off to a remote local. Something strange was going on, and he was certain the Council were aware of it, but were saying nothing.

GM
Trade deal with Dresdor agreed on. Agreement with the Brotherhood complete as agreed on.

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-06, 03:30 PM
Jeresulem, Empire of Zion

Solomon carefully straightened his tie and checked himself in the mirror. Suit, good. Hair, sufficient. Shirt, good. He turned to Naseem, who was standing behind him with several pieces of paper in her hands. "How long?"

"You're on air in three minutes. Don't muck it up."

"The very suggestion offends me." Solomon reached to a desk beside him, picking up a red folder and depositing it into the hands of Naseem. "I trust that you will be able to carry out the instructions therein. Now, Madame Naseem, if you could excuse me. I have a message to say."

Excerpt from address made by Solomon Grey

" I wish it were good enough to merely say that Zion does not wish for war, and that we would be left in peace. However, in this world, history has taught us that those who wish for peace must prepare for war, to discourage those who would ruin them. I send this message out to the world at large: We will not provoke. We will not attack. But should you invade us, be warned- Neither I, or my Council, or my army, or my citizens will rest until your army is driven out and we ensure that you will not attack Zion again."

"Other than that, have a nice day."

~Surprised laughter from audience~

"For those in this era who are brave enough to offer peace, we extend friendship and respect towards you. To those of you brave enough to work on improving your own countries instead of destroying the land of others, we salute you."

"On that note, I would like to inform my country about the new project to deal with unemployment..."

For JJ only:

1)Zion is going to send it's spies out to infiltrate other counties now: one third will be sent to check out S.A.G.A, to keep an eye on it's expansionist aims and to see who it is likely going to attack next- see if there is a way to profit from that. The other spies will be sent to countries that border Zion to see if they have any ambitions our way, except for one-sixth who will be kept in Zion for counter-espionage purposes.

2) To counter unemployment in his country Solomon is setting up a Public Service Construction scheme: all those who are unemployed may join this scheme and help build roads and services that do not require complex machinery to complete, and they will be given housing, food and some pay. The surplus in ranks will be made up by criminals sentenced to hard labor or to prison for upwards of 15 years, and these criminals will be given only the bare minimum amount of food, water and shelter needed to ensure they have some efficiency at work.

puppyavenger
2009-02-06, 04:12 PM
Annual Project report

Today the GIAF released the annual report on current and new AID projects worldwide. Changes include
Following the Recent Peace in Central Asia, an expansion of the Aid efforts to the war-torn area's of Africa
The continuation of the eradication program to clean the last area's of radiative land in The Ukrainian Wasteland and pockets in all Sino-Russian countries allowing access
A new project to help alleviate poverty and homelessness on the West Coast of the U.S. and Canada.

The usual annual donation drive begins in most industrialized countries.
SAGA
I don't suppose you'd allow us to enter your country to help your new...additions rebuild?

Helvetica the promised donations would appreciated

RationalGoblin
2009-02-06, 04:58 PM
Helvetica

Helvetica donates a great deal to the GIAF, citing the fact that the Red Cross began in Switzerland, and that all aid organizations like the Red Cross would be supported in Helvetica.

Furthermore, refugees from wars will be able to have a safe home in the Swiss nation, according to Prime Minister Hans Scherman.

Greystone
2009-02-06, 05:03 PM
JJ Only
Jade agents infiltrate every major nation and Corporation. They are merely gathering information, not being overtly spies. They are simply assimilating into the various power groups. This will lead to a bigger base of information. They especially look out for rival agents, using their own skills, and subtly not who is working for who

curtis
2009-02-06, 05:25 PM
The GEC would like to announce it's alliance with the United Kingdoms. Anyone attacking Madia will be faced with UK force, and anyone attacking the United Kingdom will face a loss of power.

Greystone
2009-02-06, 06:40 PM
JJ
Drug production is shifted to Globo Corp land in the area given to us. It is then mass produced and sold elsewhere for a huge profit

Kiren
2009-02-06, 07:25 PM
S.A.G.A.

GIAF

"What new additions are you speaking about."

puppyavenger
2009-02-06, 07:54 PM
JJ still waiting for you reply ot my PM's

SAGA
OOc, the expansions that the opening post talked about? I was under the impression that yo were expanding

Kiren
2009-02-06, 08:36 PM
S.A.G.A.

GIAF
OCC:Im sorry but information concerning our lebensraum is highly classified.

Emperor Demonking
2009-02-07, 04:56 AM
The United Kingdom

The United Kingdom are unusually miserish when it comes to giving to charity, the argument is that its better to invest for both the investor and the receiver. Some money does go to charities though.

A letter is sent to all known nations.
"The United Kingdom think it would be useful if the world leaders or their proxies came together and talk. We feel that such and idea would have both a social and economic benefit for the nations involved. We have organised a time and place for this event that would take place in England. We hope you come."

Earl of Purple
2009-02-07, 06:15 AM
UAF

A letter is sent back to the UK, and it assures them that President John Mbatu will be at the event in person.

The UAF also donates money to the GIAF, but not much stating that the amount supplied is all that can be spared from the rebuilding of the economy of the Africa. It also offers to supply doctors and a military escort for the work in Africa.

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-07, 08:26 AM
Zion

A letter is sent back to the UK, saying that Solomon Grey will be available for the event and approves of the plan as a good basis to start better relations between countries. It informs them that Solomon will be going to the event with the goal of forming economic links with more countries.

Zion donates no money to the GIAF, stating that it would not benefit Zion.

GIAF:

You will know that Zion has refused to donate any money to your cause, worthy as it is. I will not change my opinion on this. However, if you are materials or labor at the end of your donation drive, Zion and it's industries will be happy to sell them to you at a slightly lower price than usual. If you are interested in buying from us, reply to this letter.

Signed, Solomon Grey.

curtis
2009-02-07, 09:09 AM
A letter is sent to the United Kingdom.

"I, Craig Portula, are happy to attend your meeting."

GIAF
"We will donate no money to your cause, but you may have any power or fuel you need at no cost."

puppyavenger
2009-02-07, 10:46 AM
ON behalf of GIAF, Sir Francis Grant thanks all donaters.

Zion Thank you for the offer, we'll most likely need some for the Increased African effort

GEC Thank you, the fuel is greatly appreciated.

Kiren
2009-02-07, 01:36 PM
S.A.G.A.

GM ONLY
I can't do anything until I get that information JJ.

Copacetic
2009-02-07, 10:33 PM
A Return letter arrives in the UK.

James Noel will serve as Proxy to the King, and will arrive shortly.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-08, 12:53 AM
Globo Corp

Globo Corp has recently announced it's first trade embargo in a decade. Globo claims that the government for the nation of Quin, in northern China, has tried to repeatedly to gain control of company assets illegally. Globo officials have been close liped about the specifics, but are urging other nations of the world to join Globo in this embargo. Globo has already begun pressuring many of its suppliers in the area to follow their example.

Emmanuel Buffet, CEO of Globo, has also announced that he will be attending the UK conference. It is believed that he will be attending to help garner support for the embargo, but Buffet was unavailable for comment.

Emperor Demonking
2009-02-08, 07:39 AM
The United Kingdom

The United Kingdom Investor's League seems to be selling the shares they have in the MOTUI and in [Innis Cabal's nation]. The United Kingdom are also testing their satellites.

GM
They're going to test their satellite controlling powers on one of their own sattelites.

Nobody

Hello. How are you?

Greystone
2009-02-08, 10:00 AM
Emperor's Palace

The next morning comes around and the happy parents find a small golden letter right next to their newborn daughters head...

Its said:

My friend, I would like to congratulate you on your good fortune. May she live long and honor your family.

With the letter was a beautiful, hand carved ivory doll, with hair made of silky substance. The little girls tiny hands are already wrapped around it as hard as possible.

The parents aren't sure if was a real gift or subtle reminder.... they could get anywhere.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-08, 05:00 PM
Khao continues to research on the benifits of gene minipulation against the forces of biological and nuclear warfare.

Troops are sent to the boarders of the Khao Empire, mobilized and ready.

A trade and defense agreement is signed with the New Tibet after much diliberation.

Greystone
2009-02-08, 05:47 PM
Brisby’s Lair- Training Room 6PM.

Kara Fang prowled around her target, hands weaving in a circle as she focused her entire attention on her enemy’s hands. Her blood red cat suit whispered softly across skin and muscle as she glided dangerously around her blond haired opponent.

A sudden flash of movement had her bringing her arm up to block an impact that would have smashed into her temple. She countered, rolling forwards on the mat, her fingers extended into a claw, ready to slash at the stomach muscles of her attacker.

Her attacker back flipped. The speed of her reactions, making Kara seem like she were standing still. A naked foot whistled through the air and slapped against Kara’s side, making the dark haired woman cough as the air left her lungs.

She back-peddled, her hands gripping the foot before her opponent could pull it back. She fell to her knees, muscles snapping her into a twisting roll along the mat. With a slap and cry of escaped breath, her opponent fell, her leg trapped under Kara’s body weight.

Her victory was short lived. A hand smacked into the back of her neck, the side of the hand impacting precisely against Kara’s pressure points and she fell backwards, pain shooting up her spine. Rolling, her opponent slammed a fist into her stomach, making Kara grunt.

Kara dodged the foot that flew up and tried to hook around her neck. Her hand lashed out, the flat of it snapping down onto the inner muscle of her opponent’s leg with a crack. As her opponent let out a cry of pain, Kara followed through, her own fist smashing into her enemy’s jaw, her foot slamming into her opponent’s chest.

Both rolled, springing upright, and Kara’s smile turned vicious as she lunged at her opponent once more.

Her blond opponent moved smoothly to one side, the back of her elbow connecting with Kara’s spine and overbalancing her so that she staggered forwards. The blond woman crouched as she overbalanced, her leg sweeping out in a vicious arc, intent on knocking Kara over.

The Mistress of the blood Jade grunted with effort and she bent backwards, her muscles screaming at her as she jumped into a standing back flip. It was her opponent’s turn to overbalance, and as she fought to regain it, Kara’s foot whistled round to collide with her head. She fell face down on the mat.

Using her advantage, Kara gripped her opponents blond hair and held it tightly, while her right lag slammed into the small of the woman’s back. She pulled on the hair and pushed with her leg, eliciting a whimper of pain.

“Surrender!”

The blond woman nodded and Kara let go of her hair, her opponent falling forwards and rolling with a grunt. “Interesting counter.”

Kara grinned as her bodyguard fell back against the mat and she paused over her body, Sweat trickling down her face. She smiled. “How was that?”

Shia nodded and ran a hand across her forehead, wiping the sweat onto her black combat slacks. “Good. Very good. Anticipation, judgement and counter. You are improving.”

“What level would you say I am now?” Kara slid off her sister and strode across to a fridge. Sliding the door open, she pulled two bottles of chilled water from inside and threw one to Shia. “More importantly, when will I be as good as Shona?”

Shia, already drinking her water deeply, coughed. “As good as…”

“Shona, yes.” Kara sipped her water and sighed as her sister continued to cough violently. “I take it that the answer is ‘a long way off’.”

Shia stared at her sisters annoyed expression. Even I, after all my training am not as good as Shona.

“You are good.” Shia replied, careful of her sister’s mercurial nature. “However, would you say you are equal to me?”

Kara scowled. “Not yet… I will not lie to myself, far from equal!”

Shia sighed and nodded. “She is one of the best martial artists in the world, perhaps second to The Lioness. I could not beat them one on one. So...”

“That means I am far from matching her in combat.” Kara muttered. Her hand that gripped the water bottle convulsed, splashing water across her cat suit. “A shame.”

“Mistress, why did you ask me that?” Shia frowned. “ You cannot challenge her to a fight, not Shona. We need her, Mistress!”

“Yes, yes… but part of me wants to face her in combat. To show her that my shame,” Kara pointed to the front of her cat suit and the hidden scar. “Will not be repeated. You know how much this shames me, Shia.”

Her sister nodded. She knew that she had been one of three people to see that scar in the Jade. Out of the three, she was the only one who remained alive. “Yes. But you cannot face her, especially not now.”

“I know that!” Kara snarled. “I can dream however. Besides, maybe one day… when Shona is older and has outlived her usefulness as an assassin, I can finally take my revenge and face her in combat… Face her in combat and win, so that her broken body can sate my hatred!”

Shia moved backwards slightly, as Kara’s face curled into the mad beast she knew lay hidden. Sometimes, I wish I never knew I had a sister.

“Yes… but she is vital to your pla-“

“I know!” Kara’s eyes blazed and Shia bowed her head. “I know she is vital to take over the Jade, I know how useful she will be with Kim Finate! I know for I devised the plan. But I hate her Shia, never forget that!”

“I will remember in future.” Shia nodded, sipping her water once more.

Kara’s anger cooled as quickly as it had come. The dark haired woman sighed. “Anyway… I require a status report. Have you located her yet?”

Shia nodded. “Yes, and she was exactly where you thought she would be, Mistress. According to our recon teams, she has been seen with Finate.”

“And what of Shona now?”

Shia bit her lip. She had traced Shona to her new living arrangements, a bed shared with this Lioness. For her, that was a problem. The Blood Jade did not agree with her own personal idea of honour. If she had any choice in the matter, Shona would have been left alone.

Such thoughts will get me killed, as Kara has said often enough. Remember, for the Jade, only success brings honour. An enemy alive is a shameful thing for us… we must kill for the Jade, we live for the Jade, and we follow… the Jade.

Still, as Shia glanced up at her sister and sighed at her curious expression, she wished otherwise. She told all...

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-08, 06:00 PM
Two letters from the desk of Solomon Grey were taken and sent of on separate routes, each stamped with the seal of Zion and with the special flowing handwriting that only comes through long practice or a special kind of inbuilt gentlemanly arrogance.

Khao:

I see that you have entered a war. Presumably you will need supplies and weapons. For payment, Zion can manufacture these for you. Payment in trade materials is open for discussion.

GIAF:

What kind of materials do you want to order for your Increased African effort? Payment in trade materials is open for discussion.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-08, 06:03 PM
A reply is sent to Zion from Khao.

We would greatly apperciate that. We will trade what ever you wish for further support of arms and men if you can spare them. Name your price and we will pay it

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-08, 06:12 PM
Khao:

You may give Zion cash in exchange for up to five strike forces- our army is small but extremely highly trained and efficient. My commander has approved the purchase, under the condition that after the war all survivors are to be returned to Zion.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-08, 06:18 PM
Khao

We agree to those terms. We shall send further directions when we can. The money will be sent upon delivery.

Earl of Purple
2009-02-10, 02:54 PM
UAF

Zion
Hello. Would you like to become an honourary member of the UAF? By joining, you will receive our support if there is war, and we will also supply you with any African resources you require.

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-10, 03:04 PM
Zion

UAF

I'm interested. First, tell me what is required of Zion if it joins your league.

Khao

The workers of Zion shall wait for your directions.

Earl of Purple
2009-02-10, 03:21 PM
UAF

Zion
Military support if necessary, and sharing of technologies.

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-10, 04:00 PM
Zion

UAF

On consideration, I will accept your terms and join your collation. May I also suggest Trade Treaties and the lowering of taxes on imports from our respective countries?

Earl of Purple
2009-02-10, 04:34 PM
UAF

Zion (& GM)
Trade treaties and import tax lowering are good ideas. They are agreed conditions.

The_JJ
2009-02-10, 10:39 PM
New turns stats up, events post up here:

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back. Well. It's been an intresting few months to say the least.

Remember, three months ago? The new year's special? Hope for peace? Yeah, well, so far, things aren't looking to good.

Aside from the as yet unexplained incident in the UK, there were... attacks on SAGA and the MOTUI arms depots, rioting and industrial sabotage in the border areas of SAGA, jungle fights breaking out in South America, and a distubing military build up on both sides of the Khao-MOTUI border.

First, let's talk about the attacks in SAGA and the MOTUI. On the screen behind Yasmine's desk a shaky handheld camera captures a plume of flame rising into the night sky.

Both series of strikes, just weeks apart, showed a similarity in pattern. Weapons depots were blasted to pieces, tanks blown up, and well... you get the point.

Now the most intresting mystery to come out of this is who made the attacks. Now, we've had a tip, and we went and verified. Check this out.

Now the screen shows the archives of an internet forum, posted the day before the second of strikes in MOTUI.

Anon: "We need to take more direct action."
Guyfawkesthefifth: "Like what?"
Nohbody: "He/she/it had a point. All these DOS attacks don't really do much."
Guyfawkesthefifth: "Again, what else should we do?"
Anon: "Some thing meaningful."
Guyfawkesthefifth: "Right, like what!?"
Anon: "Do I have to spell it out? Ah, well, you'll see. We've been inspired. Just remember, sic semper tyrannis."
Nohbody: "...dude, that fkin' bodes."
Guyfawkesthefifth: "Yeah. WDWD?"
Nohbody: "I dunno"

Here via sattelite to provide us some comentary is Mr. John Doe. Your thoughts? Now the screen projects a man with a blank white mask over his face.

Hello, everyone. the voice says through a modulator. Now, I'm not certain what you want me to say. We ofthe Legion are not a monolithic block. We've schismed before, over far more trivial things that how far to take our activites. However, most of us would not advocate 'direct action' as an answer.

But could this... splinter group really be behind that attack?

I don't know, Mrs. Tayib. Possibly.

You aren't being very helpful Mr. Doe.

I'm doing my best. Look, we aren't some hivemind supergroup. In fact, we're far more fractious than any group on this earth. That's the point. We are everyone, anyone. If one member chooses to do something than they will.

Yasmine sighs Alright, I'll let it go. Thank you for your time. On to the main show! Tonight, to talk about the changes to the world, because that's all new and we're all about the news. Rioting and these overt attacks aside, some other things did happen, I'm just hard pressed to remember.

Ah yes, my own backyard, how could I forget? There is laughter from the crowd. The country of Zion has joined the African Federation. Exactly how much autonomy they will keep is still up in the air. Heh. Kinda feel like I'm sitting between the hammer and the anvil here.
Speaking of alliances, whoever raided the UK was flirting with economic disaster, as they have signed a mutual defence pact with the GEC.

Now, on to sports I suppose. Mags?

dresdor
2009-02-11, 06:49 PM
A voice sounded on the loudspeaker. It was a rarely heard voice, but everyone stopped what they were doing and listened. "Begin Operation Ground Shaker."

Immediately crews set to work. Heavy bombs were mounted on all available mechs except the training forces (which were already being dispatched to another mission). As soon as the bombs were loaded, the mechs and drones took off, flying for the edges of the Antarctican continent. Explosions could soon be heard in the distance. Operation Ground Shaker had begun.

JJ's Eyes Only
SAGA has agreed to trade energy weapon tech for the Limited HOVER technology on my tech 1 mechs. As per our alliance agreement, MOTUI's training forces are raiding Globo Corp's HQ and assets (Only whatever remains of their 2 squads). They will return to MOTUI after this mission.

Additionally I am selling 2 squads of tech 1 mechs and training for their forces to Khao in exchange for genetic engineering technology.

My spymaster would also like to try to contact this underground terrorist force of hackers and try to negotiate an alliance. Mechs would go a far way towards helping their efforts.

My mechs are strategically bombing the ice sheath of Antartica trying to melt and break free as much as possible. My goal is to raise the sea level around the world. Once I can upgrade my mechs with energy weapons this will go faster.

The_JJ
2009-02-11, 07:12 PM
Okay, military transfer to Saga, energy tech to VREE, military transfer to Khao, gengineering to VREE, yada yada.

You are unable to contact the hackers. You putter around forums but nobody you find will admit to involvement in the group.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-11, 07:18 PM
The deilvery had been taken, wisked away to private

On the boarder, more troops began to gather.

To The JJ
Khoa scientiests begin to evaluate and run tests on the new mechs, seeking to gain the ability of mass production as swiftly as possible

Copacetic
2009-02-11, 07:54 PM
Christopher Ackhart was not Pleased. Not at all. The Recent uprising in attacks on his military depots were the least of his worries. It seemed the world was out to get him. And it probably was. Summoning the Desk Screen with the touch of a button, he raps a a sharp report at the figure on the screen. Have you completed it yet. Yes Sir. Then what the Hell are you waiting for? Begin Immediatly!

And Hundreds of Miles away, More Troops Gathered, like am approaching storm.

JJ's Eyes Only
Begin Mass-producing Mark I Mechs for Wholesale Military Destruction.

Greystone
2009-02-11, 09:07 PM
Blood Jade HQ

Grand Master Nichen looked at the world map in genuine interest. It seemed to be unraveling at the seams. Tracing the world with a finger he found the points of interest.

He placed his finger on the Khao-MOTUI border, then moved to Europe, then South America.

A feral grin crossed his face. War profiteering was the easiest form of business.

JJ only (because I nobody has a higher espionage, nyah)

The Jade focus on the hot military regions. Black Market weapons and tools of war are sold to all sides in conflicts. Also contraband such as drugs. Anybody who wants out, or protection, are charged exorbitant fees.

Any and all buyers, as long as their money is good, are accepted.

Drugs, very powerful drugs both illegal and prescription, and other contraband are created in Globo Corps.

The regions of focus for profiteering include the Khao-MOTUI boulder, the Solaris Rebellion, South America, Europe (especially around the SAGA border)

LongVin
2009-02-11, 10:09 PM
Continunation of Purchasing property

The Nordic League has announced that it is going to continue to finance the purchases of businesses and tracts of arable land in France and now will be expanding into the Iberian peninsula searching for new businesses to invest in.

Expansion of technology base

Additionally, the Nordic League is launching a major push to purchase as many privately operated scientific and medical research companies as possible in the next few months.

Spy operations Attn: JJ

The external security bureau is going to begin spreading rumors within the French and Spanish stock markets about the profitability of certain key corporations as well as creating fake scandals concerning them in a bid to drop their prices to make them easier to take over as well as crashing the economies of the two nations in order to make them more suspecitble to the Nordic League overtures.

LongVin
2009-02-11, 11:52 PM
@Greystone

A cafe in Santiago

Gustav Freiberg sat at a table in the small cafe with his laptop computer and cup of coffee in front of him he waited for his guest to arrive.

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-12, 07:53 AM
Naseem paused the recording: the figure of Yasmine froze in the middle of a sentance, her mouth open and forming a sentence. Naseem turned to Solomon. "As we know, our intrepid reporter here is very popular. That's in our interest, as her dislike of many of the expansionist countries is sympathized with by the general population. But notice how Zion is mentioned, too. We could pay with that, try and increase our popularity. I believe you do not need me to tell you what strategies we can play out from here, sir."

Solomon nodded. "Good work, Madame Naseem. I can take over from here. Before I go, however, could you hand this to the others? I think they have a right too to know what's going on." Solomon hands a folder on his desk to Naseem. "Your instructions are in there, too."

UAF

I am pleased with our economic treaties so far- may I suggest we take it further. I suggest we look towards research treaties- domestic researches only, I am afraid, for I will not trade my military power.

Also, if you have a stockpile of drugs that you have captured from the morally dubious people in your countires, I will buy it from you.

For JJ:

-The offer of an interview with Naseem or Solomon will be extended to Yasmine. She will be told that the interview will be completely open, and any questions may be asked without permission needed from Zion.

- Solomon will ask after the status of his drug stockpile.

- I would like to check out the opinion of the people of Zion regarding legalizing drugs via my espionage agents going undercover as civilians. I will also ask them to keep an ear out for any constantly repeated complaints about my government, to see if there is anything that needs to be improved.

Earl of Purple
2009-02-12, 12:49 PM
UAF

Zion
Yes, research treaties are good as well. Not sharing military technology is fair enough, and I agree that some technologies are too dangerous to share with other people.

Greystone
2009-02-12, 01:57 PM
To Longvin
In the cafe, a man in grey waves him over

(We are PMing this, not posting it)

dresdor
2009-02-13, 04:46 PM
I'm going to drop out of this game due to time constraints.

The_JJ
2009-02-13, 06:01 PM
Daw... but now who will sell everybody Mechs?

Alrighty...

Mid-Round update:

The UK Confrence

The hotel where the confence is being held is all hustle and bustle. Over there, the Emperor Umberto turns his charm on some local reporters, there, the Muskovite delegation stares down their Cossack counterparts, there the Japanese representitive talks to a New Hong Kong bussinessman. Over here a tall, thin African, berift of the flock of aides that follows the rest of the guests has cornered a mid-level Zionese ambassador. Out on the carpet a French limosine pulls up behind a Spanish one.

And front and center Yasmine el Tayib has commandeered a 30 ft. square area, ploncked down a desk, a few big screens, several chairs, and a camera.

Hello everybody, live from London, it's Tayib Talk. Ladies and gents, coming to you in my best Oxford English accent, to honor our hosts, I've got quite the show lined up for you. We've got the one and only King Solomon lined up, very much within my jurisdiction thank you, but first a suprise guest. Shona Han!

*applause*

The United States Secretary of Defence strides to the center stage. Hello Yasmine. I final get to meet a celebrity.

*laughter*

Why thank you. I must say...

Yes?

You're even prettier in person.

*laughs*

Oh no, that's just your makeup artists.

*laughter and cheering*

Although they say that you never let them work on you. All natural girl?

Nah, I just don't do anything I couldn't apply myself. In case I do a warzone report, see? Don't want any disappointed fans. Now, on to serious matters. The United States military is building up to levels not seen in resent history, cutting into deficit spending, which has been taboo in American politics ever since the Chinese Collection, 2065. Why, why do this now?

Aha, I see how it is. Lull me with the small talk and then come out swinging. I like that.

Answer the question.

Really? I dodged it fair and square! Nah. Well, you see, it's a dangerous world out there. Rumors of war in India and the Maylay area, rebellions in Africa, communists in South America, terrorists, and a mystery raid right here in the United Kingdom. What I'm saying is, this is a dangerous time, and the United States needs to be there to deal with these threats as they come.

Good answer. Good answer alright, next quest- hold on. Yasmine turns away from the camera and cups her hand over her ear. I'm doing a show, you know that right? WHAT!? Uhuh. Right, send it to screen three! Sats on four. She looks up, Sorry Han, breaking news!

Behind her two screens flare to life. To the right is a real time view from a Lunar Eye sattalite, centered over the Atlantic, slowly focusing in. The second is a grainy image showing the famous GEC skyline. In flames. A low flying plane screams across the screen, dropping a shower of specks as it does so. 50 ft off the ground they explode into balls of flame, spreading all over the buildings below.

Han, who is turned around in her seat to watch the screens says matter of factly, SAGA bombers. Second stage, most like.

That's a residential area!

Moments later another SAGA plane enters the frame, but is met by a streak moving the other way. GEC SAMs. But there'll be more. That was a trooper plane if I judge right. And indeed, two more planes come in, low, and deposit squads of soldiers.

And then, as Han opens her mouth to say more one the Emperor Umberto takes a chair next to her and cuts her off. Han. Media. Hello. I'd just like to announce that, with this act of agression, and bearing in mind the previous discontent shown by the citizens of it's nation, SAGA has declared itself fair game. The Centurions march as we speak. Goodbye. And, having dropped his bombshell, he exits the stage and hurries off to the Imperial Jumpjet, to go plan his war further.

Yasmine is silent for several seconds, and then... Did... did he just declare war on my show?

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-13, 07:14 PM
Daw... but now who will sell everybody Mechs?

@ The_JJ

I will!

Globo begins moving it's financial assets to assist the assault on VREE. Extraction teams are formed to grab as much tech as possible, schematics or actual tech to reverse engineer.

Globo factories around the world begin to retool. They shift from producing consumer goods to producing weapons, tanks, planes, armor, military rations, all the trappings of war.

Greystone
2009-02-13, 08:17 PM
To JJ
I want in on this hostile takeover as well. Jade agents seize as many assests, personal, and Tech as possible.

And Han is... happier, but I liked that I could still see cold Bitch.

(Their bombing a residential sector!)...So?

DID UMBERTO JUST CUT OFF HAN! OH NO HE DIDN'T!!

ahem

Studio

Yasmine's aid, a young woman named Jasmina, coughed behind stage and made a quick call. That call went tghrough several scramblers before she finally relayed her message.

Jade answer is swift. A much more organized effort to eradicate the Italien mafia occurs, under the confusion of sudden war, being replaced or used by Jade puppet groups.

Arms deals with the NRE and SAGA are opened up.

RationalGoblin
2009-02-13, 11:19 PM
Bern, Helvetica

In the Swiss capital, every thing is in perfect order, as is the Swiss way. Every product in place, every home in unision, every robot heel clacking together in perfect marching formation.

Yes, robot foot. The Swiss have created robot soldiers, and they march every available corner of Helvetica to defend it, if needed.

A televised message is sent by Han Scherman to several major world leaders, even the ones currently in war.

"Helvetica will be neutral in this war, unless attacked or threatened. Woe be unto he or she who disturbs us."

Old Swiss weapons are sold to SAGA, exclusively.
Even older weapons are bought on the black market for a cheap price then sold to the NRE.

Greystone
2009-02-14, 12:02 AM
JJ
In response to goblin we allow some... information to leak that they are supplying both sides. We don't need them muscling on our market

puppyavenger
2009-02-14, 06:07 PM
Following there contract with Globo corp, several Divisions of Muscovite mercenaries begin attacks on VREE holdings. Thy focus on nay non Antarctic holdings and soft spots. mainly factories, power plants and the like.

USA My Employer tells me we're fighting the same enemy. I eagerly await your entry into the battle

LongVin
2009-02-14, 08:34 PM
Announcement about the war

The Nordic League as of this time would like to announce that it shall remain neutral in this conflict and expect all ships bearing the Nordic flag to be treated as such by all warrning parties. It will be business as usual for the League.

Industrial Gear Up ATTN: JJ

The Chamber of Government has ordered that factories which have been previously been devoted to peacetime production be switched over to producing arms and other military supplies to be sold to the warring parties.

Message to the New Roman Empire

As our European neighbor we would like to extend you the offer of the use of our extensive industrial complex to help your war effort. We are willling to offer you the sales of weapons and armor for extremely reasonable rates that will allow you to put an end to this SAGA aggression quickly and with little loss of life on your part.

Copacetic
2009-02-14, 08:53 PM
MOTUI

The Message goes out that MOTUI will remain neutral in the affair, at present.

Earl of Purple
2009-02-15, 05:50 AM
UAF
The United African Federation would like to say that, unless African land/people are threatened, it will remain neutral.

To the UK
The Rock of Gibraltar and St. Helena are vulnerable English soverign territories, and within range of our military. If threatened, would you like us to step in?

Kiren
2009-02-15, 02:11 PM
S.A.G.A.

The New Roman Empire
"Lukas speaking, you foolishly send your army leaving little protection for your nation, if you do not turn back now we will destroy your capital with little thought about it, now it does not have to be this way.

The_JJ
2009-02-15, 10:17 PM
To JJ

DID UMBERTO JUST CUT OFF HAN! OH NO HE DIDN'T!!

Yes he did.

Studio

Yasmine's aid, a young woman named Jasmina, coughed behind stage and made a quick call. That call went tghrough several scramblers before she finally relayed her message.

Jade answer is swift. A much more organized effort to eradicate the Italien mafia occurs, under the confusion of sudden war, being replaced or used by Jade puppet groups.

Arms deals with the NRE and SAGA are opened up.

Actually, as the GMNPC yet another paranoid, Yasmine has no moles in her operation. This is justified in it being a one woman show. You can't take aides into a warzone anymore then you can makeup artists.

NRE to LongVin:

How nice. I'll send my men over directly to tell you what to build for us.

USA to Puppy:

Send your men to these co-ordinates, our transports will pick you up there. Dress warm... though that won't be a problem for you.

NRE to SAGA:

I think you have our situations reversed, m'dear Lukas. Better luck next life, eh?

*bwahahahahaha*

Greystone
2009-02-15, 10:48 PM
But the Jade are everywhere? Fine, my action still stands, except they got the info by watching the television.

Han would be either vaguely amused or very pissed... or oddly both. weird one she is

LongVin
2009-02-15, 10:59 PM
To the NRE

It is a pleasure doing business with you. Our factories will be prepared to conform to your standards.

curtis
2009-02-16, 03:36 PM
Madia

A broadcast goes out. Zanta stands in front of the camera.

"This is a travesty. We have been assaulted by the hostile forces of SAGA, and our Guardian has been captured. We understand that other armies march against them, and hopefully they will be successful." Zanta raises a hand at this point. He is holding a remote activation device. "To help them, we shall cut off all power and stop all fuel shipments to this vile country." Zanta presses the button. "There. We hope that SAGA will be crushed. Goodday."

Gascar

Shauna sits, staring at the action below, a second RAD in her hand. A second screen turns on, with Jonny's face on it. "You've seen the pictures then." "Yup." "And you know what we might need to do." Shauna raises her RAD. "Of course." "Be ready, then."

Innis Cabal
2009-02-16, 07:34 PM
Khao

Khao continues to build forces along the boarder. Information has been leaked that war is assured. and that it is comming very soon

Earl of Purple
2009-02-19, 06:45 AM
UAF

There is a build up of artillery in Morocco. Officially it is there to assault rumoured Solarian bases in the Atlas Mountains and the Saharan Desert.

They will attempt to attack SAGA's ships when/if they attempt to go through the Straight of Gibraltar.

The_JJ
2009-02-19, 08:06 PM
Fun fact: I had half of the turn two post wirtten when the forums blitzed out.

I should just never post on this thread, then the server would be fine...

The_JJ
2009-02-19, 10:12 PM
Turn Two:

In the SAGA holdings the NRE's quick assualt eats up the ground, pushing deep in a many pronged assault out of the Alps. They are helped along the way by 'freedom fighters,' suspiciously armed with the latest Spatha assualt rifles and Velite LAWs. To the north a new SAGA mech squad, paint still fresh, is rushed to meet a NRE tank division that also reeks of new warmachine smell, coming from the factories of the Nordic League. The two groups clash, and nearly wipe each other out.

SAGA still has some weapons to use though. What little of their airforce is left in the main land launches itself in two seeming pointless swarm attacks, one against a NRE division crossing the Alps, another against Rome itself.

Moments after the flights limped away, the mountain pass and Rome were leveled.

But that war soon joined other news, as the much anticipated MOTUI/Khao war began. MOTUI struck first, pressing hard straight into the largest of the Khaoian positions, but they have meet firm and well prepared resistance, and many ambushes. So far the two have stalemated, with much blood shed.

Meanwhile...

The low flying transports kicked up a wake in their trail as they speed towards the Chilean beach. It was a pretty effect, but Olivia was worried. No radar pings from the beach, but still, the whole place seemed very still. Well she had her orders. Alright transports dump off and dust out. We'll be ready for extraction in half an hour. Understood?

Uh... of course. No need to go over the plan again, commander.

Yeah I guess I'm just- Suddenly an alarm blared and flashed on her hull. -nervous. Scatter! Incoming missiles off the slopes. Flares and decoys at 300 meters. Jesus that's a lot of missiles. Olivia spun her mech, and the felt it stutter. That wasn't a rocket. You treacherous little bastards! The smaller, lighter mechs that had just unloaded off the transport were turning and firing on her squad. She swung her joystick around and unleashed her own, heavier cannon fire, while lifting off and firing her full complement of HE rockets, launched her countermeasures, and beat out over the Atlantic, and then south. When the dust settled, hers was the only mech, loyal or not, with a live pilot.

She came home to see the last act of the VREE play out. Airdropped American troopers, lead by a General in a dull red expsuit started the fight, and a few waves of a multinational amphibious assualt.

To all the would be VREE vultures:
Kim Finate runs a tight ship, her troops hit the factories first, and get first dibs.
Muskovites get cash, UK gets revenge, and Globo manages to grab some tech.

Greystone
2009-02-19, 10:30 PM
(I really have nothing to say except General Finate FTW!! :smallbiggrin:)

Vree Vultures
What, nothing for the Jade?

Copacetic
2009-02-19, 10:40 PM
MOTUI

Christopher Ackheart slammed his fist into his desk. WHY DIDN'T WE SEE THIS COMING!? I THOUGHT WE HAD INTEL! WHERE'S OUR [Insertcursewordofchoice] INTEL!. The intern gibbered madly, trying not to sweat. Sir, I assure you, we didn't know about the ambush. AND THE ONE BEFORE? AND THE ONE BEFORE THAT?! SEND IN MORE TROOPS! Yes Sir, right away. The Intern Scurries off.

Propaganda appears all over MOTUI, apparently overnight. Jobs spring up everywhere as factories are set to work.

JJ.
MOTUI starts recruiting and sending thousands of soliders to fight Khao, with women and children building Mechs in Factories almost 24/7.

Kiren
2009-02-19, 10:58 PM
S.A.G.A.

Message to New Roman Empire
If you do not want us to level the rest of your nation, then I suggest you retreat. This is your final chance.

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-19, 11:19 PM
@VREE VULTURES
Globo gives a copy of all the schematics and tech they get a hold of to both Blood Jade and GIAF, as per their agreements.

RationalGoblin
2009-02-20, 12:21 AM
Helvetica

Message to NRE

This is Hans Scherman.

Surrender to me, Umberto, not Lukas Brandt. SAGA will raze all of Italy if you refuse him, but if you surrender to me, he will not. Helvetica has a partnership with him, so I presume he will not harm us if we try to spare you his brutality. I will not even take all of Italy if you do. I will simply take all that is north of Rome, the various islands owned by the New Roman Empire.

Listen to me, 'Emperor' Umberto. If you do not surrender to me, I will have you know the power of SAGA and Helvetica combined. I am fairly sure that few powers on earth can stop our two nations combined. Italy will be ablaze forever if you insisting on opposing us.

To ease you into accepting the deal, if you surrender to me, I will rebuild what has been destroyed already. Umberto, I do not want to see the NRE slaughtered, you must believe me on this. I want to keep it alive.

What makes this possible is my neutrality. Technically, I am on the side of SAGA, as we have had many agreements, and thus am in the war, but I am in reality, like I have said, neutral. Thus, surrender to me, and you will have both a ready-made ally, and have no true consequences from SAGA for your ill-fated attack on them.

So what do you say, Umberto? Do you choose peace, or destruction in a horrifying war?

curtis
2009-02-20, 05:31 AM
GEC

United Kingdoms:
Aren't you supposed to be helping us?

curtis
2009-02-20, 05:47 AM
GEC

United Kingdoms:
Aren't you supposed to be helping us?

Earl of Purple
2009-02-20, 11:01 AM
UAF

The UAF would like to ask Spain to join as an honourary member. This is for Africa and it's people, as Spain had a lot of immigration from despotic African countries before the formation of the UAF and the removal of despots from Africa. If Spain refuses this offer, we would like to offer a subsidy for the immigration of people of African descent from Spain into Africa.

Zion
We shall see what we can do about any captured medicine. ((sorry, missed that part of the post))

LongVin
2009-02-20, 11:15 AM
The Nordic League condemns the use of WMDs

The Nordic League is officially condemning the nation of SAGA for their unwarranted and morally repulsive attack against a civilian center. Actions like this can be tolerated by the world and we are asking the fellow nations of the world ot join in a worldwide embargo of SAGA.

Message to the NRE

Following this ruthless attack against your nation by SAGA we are willing to up production and sales of weapons to your nation and offer you a reasonable payment plan until you get back on your feet.

We ask that in return when you finish your conquest of SAGA we be granted the rights to 50% of their factories and industrial complexes.

@ JJ

Two questions and a statement:

1. How is my research coming along?

2. How are my acquisitions of property and businesses in France and Spain coming along?

Also, on the stats page my stats aren't present. Can you correct that? Thanks.

puppyavenger
2009-02-20, 11:29 AM
Citing a defensive pact with Khaos, Net Tibetan troops quickly start advancing along the border, with air-strikes against border fortification and factories.

Globo a company or two of mechs from your Tibetan factories please.
GIAf condemns in the strongest wording possible The useless eradication of a civilian city.

Kiren
2009-02-20, 02:41 PM
S.A.G.A.

Saga would like to announce the resources still being piped and sent to your nations, will halt for any nation who participates in this worldwide Embargo, we would also like to announce to the Nordic league that you are no longer receiving GEC resources, if you should shut down the embargo, resources will continue to flow.

On a separate note, we are currently searching for arms deals and mercenary soldiers for any nations interested.

curtis
2009-02-20, 03:01 PM
GEC

JJ
Gascar shall begin the construction of "New Madia" (like old Madia but considerably smaller).
Zanta, Jonny and the remainder of the National Guard attack one of the docks, attempting to steal as many boats as they can, and then head towards the NRE as fast as possible.

NRE
[This message is sent at the same time as my attack on the docks.]"As you know, SAGA have recently occupied Madia, with some of our officials still on it. These officials are currently attempting an escape, and due to our mutual enemy I hope you will recieve them."

To SAGA:

"This is Shauna Hani, and I have the power to obliterate your troops on Madia completely. I give you one chance: Withdraw your troops NOW. Make the right choice, or we both lose."

The_JJ
2009-02-20, 06:02 PM
Re Grey:
Well, unless you want to go up to Kim and say "yo, can we get some stuff..." it's not exactly on the DL, neh? Oh look, Globo threw you your payment. Be happy.

NRE to SAGA:
Ahahahahaha. Ha. HA! WAtch your television, Lukas, you shall have your response tonight.

NRE to Switzerland.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Very droll. Don't try it again, Hans.

NRE to Nordic:
Why thank you very much.

Re, other things: DOH. Ah well, soon to be fixed.

NRE to the GEC:
Why, this is much apreciated!

Hey people, if I'm missing something or you want a clarification, just PM me and I'll get on it toot sweet.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-20, 06:43 PM
The clear open hostilities on the boarder forces Khao to continue to build its forces there. The newly aquired and manufacred Mechs are seen at the boarder.

M.O.T.U.I
We urge you to reconsider your actions. Remove all forces from the boarder by the marrow. We do not want bloodshed, but we will bring fire from the skies and blood to your oceans should you harm one part of our soil.

Greystone
2009-02-20, 07:12 PM
To JJ
But... but... fine. I little high on the nefarious laughter for Umberto... yet I approve

Odin the Ignoble
2009-02-20, 10:27 PM
Globo

At the quarterly shareholders meeting in Prosperity, Globo CEO makes a major announcement.

"As you all know, The VREE has recently been dissembled. Extraction teams from Globo managed to take a great deal of technology, in addition we managed to get a hold of a large deal of VREE's more mundane paperwork. Among those items found were several extensive contracts.

It is my intent that Globo take control of those contracts like any corporation would in a more, conventional, hostile take over. As such Globo will honor any contractual commitment made by the VREE prior to their dissemblance."

@The JJ
Globo will step in, taking over all of VREE's defunct contracts. Supply will be met by new factories opening in the US and GAIF.

@GAIF
Of course. For a modest price, the Globo Factories will supply your every military need.

@NRE

The attack on Rome seems to suggest that the Imperial Army might be in need of increased air defense. Globo is willing to supply both aircraft and anti-aircraft weapons, for a price I'm sure the even the most precocious of senators would find reasonable.

curtis
2009-02-21, 04:41 AM
NRE
"Umm... why is this appreciated?"

RationalGoblin
2009-02-21, 12:38 PM
Helvetica

Helvetica to NRE

Heh. Oh, I give you my word that I won't try again, Umberto. In fact, I could end this war right now, with a few words. But I won't. I want to see how this plays out.

Of course, you understand the reason why I wanted your land; whether they win or lose, SAGA will turn their power-hungry eyes on me next. I do not think you can wipe out SAGA with a single war, thus I wanted some insurance.

Tell you what. If it seems that you're winning, I'll- Wait, what?

You sent troops through the ALPS?!? AND YOU HAD A PART IN LEVELING A PORTION OF IT?!?! I warn you, Umberto, that could have been taken as an act of war. You are lucky that my beloved Switzerland has nearly always been neutral.

I will not declare war against you, but consider this your only warning.

The same goes for SAGA.

Helvetica to SAGA

What are you playing at, Lukas? Leveling part of the Alps? Need I remind you, Helvetica contains a large portion of the Alps.

I do still intend to build the... satellite for you, but consider this a condemnation of what you're doing.

Helvetica on the MOTUI-Khao War

"Just as in the SAGA-NRE war, we will remain neutral."

Kiren
2009-02-21, 01:21 PM
Saga would like to announce their forces will be withdrawing their troops from the GEC in order to protect their mainland.

curtis
2009-02-21, 01:42 PM
JJ
I'll cancel the docks attack, for obvious reasons.

NRE
Scratch that. I no longer need your hospitality, but we are still grateful.

UK
I am slightly dubious about our agreement. Please explain your inaction.

The_JJ
2009-02-21, 02:01 PM
Message to Helvtica:
It was in the Italian Alps you fool, and I'm rather more upset about the leveling of Rome. The worlds greatest city, thousands on thousands of years of history wiped out. Ha. No, you see, SAGA's losing this, no matter if they leave their precious little island in the Atlantic. Even had I not... plans for them, I could hold them off.

RationalGoblin
2009-02-21, 04:14 PM
Helvetica

Hans Scherman declares Helvetica "Protector of the Alps", marches to war

In a news conference today, Helvetica Prime Minister Hans Scherman reportedly declared himself and his country the protectors of all the Alps, no matter where the mountain range extends to.

In a statement, Mr. Scherman stated thus: "For centuries, Switzerland, and now Helvetica have stayed eternally neutral, not even protecting the very mountains of our beloved homeland. We have stood idly by while madmen march through our lands and create senseless violence and mayhem. I will change this. From now on, any area of land within 50 miles of the Alpine Mountains is hereby declared to be protected by Helvetica.

Furthermore, as the near pointless war between SAGA and the NRE has endangered the Alps, I hereby declare war on the NRE.

Additionally, any survivors of SAGA's attack on Rome are free to live in Helvetica. The still-living members of the Papacy will have a new home in Helvetica's beloved capital of Bern until this war ends."

Immediately after the news conference ends, the robotic legions of Helvetica march from the cities of Switzerland, and move into the NRE holdings closest to Helvetica.

Helvetica to NRE

Be as that may, I have no doubt that your war with SAGA would have led to the full destruction of the Alps. Thus, my little announcement. And of course, I told you that you will know the power of Helvetica and SAGA, if you refused me, didn't I? I will strengthen Helvetica's position, even if it leads us to war, Umberto. I can be expansionist just as well as you and Lukas Brandt can, Umberto.

So consider this your final request to surrender.

And as for Rome. It has been destroyed before. It will be destroyed again. This is simply fact. You shouldn't concern yourself with it that badly.

curtis
2009-02-21, 04:19 PM
JJ
Work on New Madia will continue, but be converted to an underwater city, and fitted with engines.

The_JJ
2009-02-21, 05:54 PM
Hmm... a line of black cars rolls out to the blasted waste land that was once the center of Western Civilization. The camera pans accross the devastated skyline. There, just recognizable, is the toppled Cossesium. The camera cuts to St. Peter's Basilica, lingers, cuts again to pan over some corpses being carried off, and cuts again, to a podium, upon which stands a man with a laurel wreath on his head.

I am the Emperor Umberto, speaking here outside of Rome, the capital of our empire.

These are dark days my friends, with barbarians all around us. But I ask you, is this the darkest day we've faced? I say no! At the battle of Cannae, Hanibal of Carthage destroyed the entirity of Rome's military might, and then asked for our surrender. To his mind, the Punic Wars were over, with him the victor. But the Romans were a different breed then the fools he'd fought before. We turned him down. Why? Because defeat was, and is, an alien concept. We were so assured of our accendency, our rightful place as the supeiriors to all we beheld, that we couldn't believe that we were beaten. And we were right! We turn down his offers for 'peace,' for 'surrender.' And we took the war to his land, to his people, and beat him bloody in the Battle of Carthage, and made him bow down before us.

And now we face the same, but now we fight the, aha, Swiss. For some reason they do not come to replace the guards that died here by the barbarians' hands, but they think to bring the war to us.
Ha! HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! On the grounds that further damage, to their Alps, can not be risked. Well, those were our Alps, thank you very much, wheather or not elephants happen to be riding through them, and second, who the hell do they think dropped that bomb? Ha!

Let them come I say, bring it on. We do not fear them. When we've killed their barbaric overlords we'll soon show the Swiss the strength of true Roman rule.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is how to turn flavor posts into a weapon.

+1 morale to the NRE
+.5 FO to the NRE
-1 FO to the Swiss (for this and the war, plus the whole alps thing.)

RationalGoblin
2009-02-21, 06:56 PM
Helvetica

Hans Scherman is televised standing in front of one of the mighty Swiss Alps, a deeply regretful look on his face. His next speech is anything but practiced.

"This is a message from Helvetica, and myself to Emperor Umberto's Roman Empire.

I... I apologize for my rash declaration of war against the New Roman Empire, and hereby call off my robot troops marching against them. I seek peace with the NRE. Umberto's words have shown Helvetica our true foe. And it is not the NRE.

As a show of good faith and as a gesture of peace, I offer to use Helvetica's resources to build shattered Rome. I also offer Umberto's troops free access through Helvetica, as long as they do not harm Helvetica in any way, shape, or form.

I... I am sorry for my actions. I fear I have ruined Helvetica's reputation forever. I see now that, however I may detest Umberto, there is a far greater foe here.

Helvetica hereby once again becomes neutral. Furthermore, my rather stupid declaration of protection of the Alps is hereby voided. I hope that all these actions will repair Helvetica's reputation."

Helvetica workers do exactly as outlined in the speech, and massive amounts of aid is sent to Rome to help rebuild it, but are not actually allowed in NRE territory until the peace is ensured.

Greystone
2009-02-21, 07:22 PM
American HQ

Kara gawked at the screen as a publicized message of Helevetica's speech came on. Then she laughed, long and loud. Several Jade standing at attention threw her sidelong looks through their masks but said nothing.

Shia was braver "Sister, what is so amusing?"

Kara smirked " Look at this fool, apologizing for his actions" she covered her mouth " Now he'll just have made an enemy with Umberto, revealed his armies, make himself look like a jackass and THEN not even have the balls to go through with it, making him look weak"

Shia looked troubled "I apologize, I miss the hilarity of his actions"

Kara looked scornfully at her blond sister "I was just thinking that if he was Jade, we would torture and Kill him for such weakness"

Shia blinked but said nothing, she still didn't see anything funny in the fact but she knew better than disagree with Kara.

Actions JJ
In the chaos of the attack on the GEC and Rome, Blood Jade move in to usurp the local crime families and syndicates (Under the name's The Triad and The Romero family respectively).

Grand Master Nichen punishes Helvetica for its weakness by increasing destabilizing governmental and military agents, and by stealing the Robot army plans.

Does Kara find the doctors she needs?

LongVin
2009-02-21, 10:36 PM
Naval wargames in North Sea

The Nordic Naval Defense Force is going to be conducting naval excercises within the North Sea over the next several weeks to ensure the readiness of our forces during these dangerous times of war. It is advised that all foreign shipping and military vessels seek alternative routes and avoid the practice zone as live weapons will be used.

@JJ

Naval mines will be placed on known shipping routes or routes suspected that the GEC may attempt to use. These areas will be considered within the confines of the war games and deemed "officially" for use by naval minesweepers to practice clearing mines.

curtis
2009-02-22, 05:00 AM
JJ
I'll limit my movements around the North sea.

NRE
EDITED

Greystone
2009-02-22, 12:26 PM
Scapeiro Residence, Sicily

The Scapeiro family had almost total domination of Italy's Mafia, and it was there The Jade struck first. His house was perhaps the most heavily guarded in all of Italy, barring Umberto's himself.

Unfortunately he had expected the Jade, as few seldom do. The night was stormy. Lightning cracked across the sky, illuminating the entire house. Mr. Luigi Scapeiro tossed in his bed. A particularly loud peal of thunder forced his eyes to snap open.

Standing against the far side of his bed was a man dressed in a dark grey bodysuit. Across his face was a mask with white eye pieces, that seemed to be living, that moved when he spoke.

"Mr. Scapeiro, an honor to meet you sir" his voice was cool and slid over the mobsters body like a shiver.

The Italian did not get to where he was by complacence. He reaced under his pillow to find... nothing.

The man held up his hand, holding a handgun in the air so it made an L shape "looking for this?"

"Wha- what do you want" the other man stuttered. His eyes darted around the room, and another flash of lightning revealed another dark-form, this one in a black bodysuit, long black hair braided down her back. Her eyes seemed more feline, yellow-green with slits.

"Well simply put, we want everything" the man in grey walked up and leaned in close "your family buisness"

Mr. Scapeiro gritted his teeth "Fu*K you buddy"

"Oh?" the mobster felt a weight on his chest, he looked up to see an honest to god Jaguar, snarling in his face "Would you like to rethink your answer?"

Luigi was a smart man, and he couldn't think of a way out "Ok- ok"

"You will stay in charge of this branch, BUT we will be taking a large cut. We own you now understood?" Scapeiro nodded.

"Meet your new bodyguard" Grey said gesturing next to the Italien and a woman revealed herself. She was a gorgeous woman, of caucasian descent. She gave a short bow.

To JJ
the bodyguard of course is a assassin who will never leave the mobsters side. She is more than capable of killing him quickly

Earl of Purple
2009-02-26, 03:35 PM
UAF

A message is broudcast on television. "The UAF would like to invite Spain, as an Honourary Member, into the UAF. Whilst not Africa, Spain has a lot of people whom escaped from the African despots before our formation. We would also like to invite anybody of African descent back to Africa, where we will provide jobs for them."

At JJ
Have the islands/European African colonies accepted my invitation?

At UK
The offer to protect Gibraltar and St. Helena still stands.

Greystone
2009-03-03, 11:27 PM
BUMP

(Don't let it die!)

kenabi
2009-03-16, 01:23 AM
hmmm, DMCA parries with Kim Possible: Mind body and Soul (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2426552/1/Kim_Possible_Mind_body_and_Soul) and counterattacks with The Dark Ocean (http://cartoon.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600040170)

PS: at least one of the writers of those stories has expressed displeasure at having their work used without permission, and while it's not exactly _my_ place to go around playing enforcer, I find myself at something of an impasse in my head, due to the fact that I enjoy these works a great deal, and having the authors tweaked off at someone using their ideas --and yes, i'm aware of the irony, considering it's fanfiction..-- Things like this tend to make said authors stop working on great works like these altogether. leaving nothing for us true fans who are humbled by the awesomeness of the pieces to enjoy.

that isn't to say i'm gonna go off the handle and automagically start yelling 'YOU TEEF! U R NO STEEL WORX FRUM PPL!', since most of the fanfiction community will allow works and uses from their ideas and characters and what have you with little fuss, complaints or even the slightest bit of reluctance. Some may even BEG you to use them in ways, provided it's within the bounds of moral decency.

the point here, is that you need to, ahem. GET PERMISSION TO USE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. mostly out of courtesy, since i know most of the writers would get the permissions of bob and mark if they had sole control over things. Alas, big D doesn't really 'allow' anything without money attached headed it's direction, but i digress.
</rant>

just, have some freakin tact, man.

curtis
2009-03-16, 11:02 AM
hmmm, DMCA parries with Kim Possible: Mind body and Soul (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2426552/1/Kim_Possible_Mind_body_and_Soul) and counterattacks with The Dark Ocean (http://cartoon.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600040170)

PS: at least one of the writers of those stories has expressed displeasure at having their work used without permission, and while it's not exactly _my_ place to go around playing enforcer, I find myself at something of an impasse in my head, due to the fact that I enjoy these works a great deal, and having the authors tweaked off at someone using their ideas --and yes, i'm aware of the irony, considering it's fanfiction..-- Things like this tend to make said authors stop working on great works like these altogether. leaving nothing for us true fans who are humbled by the awesomeness of the pieces to enjoy.

that isn't to say i'm gonna go off the handle and automagically start yelling 'YOU TEEF! U R NO STEEL WORX FRUM PPL!', since most of the fanfiction community will allow works and uses from their ideas and characters and what have you with little fuss, complaints or even the slightest bit of reluctance. Some may even BEG you to use them in ways, provided it's within the bounds of moral decency.

the point here, is that you need to, ahem. GET PERMISSION TO USE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. mostly out of courtesy, since i know most of the writers would get the permissions of bob and mark if they had sole control over things. Alas, big D doesn't really 'allow' anything without money attached headed it's direction, but i digress.
</rant>

just, have some freakin tact, man.

ummm... what?

Greystone
2009-03-16, 01:09 PM
I'm taking care of it.

The_JJ
2009-04-08, 03:09 PM
Total war will return this saturday, if enough of you post between then and now. Let me know if you're still alvie!

curtis
2009-04-09, 03:41 AM
I'm still here.

puppyavenger
2009-04-09, 10:28 AM
Still here! let us continue the conquest of Australasia!

puppyavenger
2009-04-13, 09:59 AM
Hello?!?!?!

curtis
2009-04-13, 10:59 AM
Anyone there?