PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Deathshrieker can't kill?

Dark Knight Renee
2009-02-04, 10:47 PM
I'm looking at the Deathshrieker (MM3, page 33), and it seems that it can't actually KILL anything. The only damage it appears to deal is Charisma drain, with no notation anywhere mentioning anything special that happens at 0 Cha. Apparently, it can put you into a coma with ease, but not kill you. Am I missing something?

Also, yay for errata. For a minute there, I thought it did 1d8 Cha damage in addition to the save-or-drain effect. :smallsigh: However, the errata says nothing to clear up the killing problem...

MammonAzrael
2009-02-04, 10:49 PM
Well...once you're in a coma, can't it just gnaw/scratch/thump on you til you're at -10 HP?

Dark Knight Renee
2009-02-04, 11:05 PM
It doesn't appear to be able to deal HP damage at all, that's the thing. Granted, drain means you stay in a coma until you eventually die if nobody rescues you, but that's surprisingly underwhelming considering the flavor text on this thing.

Temp.
2009-02-04, 11:08 PM
Huh. I was going to say that you'd eventually die of thirst, but the rules don't actually say you can do that.

I guess there's always old age.

Glyphic
2009-02-04, 11:10 PM
You can certainly die from your insane buddies, however.

Dark Knight Renee
2009-02-04, 11:28 PM
... Which begs another question: Do you have to make a for each round of the scream, or just the first round?