PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to kill the main villains? (SoD spoiler)

ilcane87
2009-02-05, 09:03 AM
I've been thinking about this after reading Start of Darkness (which I finally managed to find from a european seller... :smallsigh:), here are my predictions:

Xykon is killed by...
(most likely) Roy, the former being the main antagonist and the latter being the main protagonist; if it's a member of the Order to land the final blow, that's going to be Roy.
(likely) the Snarl, who could kill him if he tries to control it.
(possibly) Redcloak, since we all know his loyalty to Xykon won't last forever.
(unlikely) the Monster in the Darkness, for some crazy reason that might be related to O-Chul.

Redcloak is killed by...
(most likely) The Monster in the Darkness, since in Start of Darkness it is hypnothised by Xykon and ordered to kill Redcloak if he ever betrays him.
(likely) Xykon, for betrayal.
(possibly) a member of the Order, but definitely not Roy, because Redcloak isn't the main villain.
(unlikely) Hinjo, being a paladin, to avenge the fall of his city; but only if he gets a more important role in the future storyline.

The Monster in the Darkness is killed by...
(most likely) nobody, since it's not exactly evil nor it has a definite enemy/rival of his own; it's the kind of villain that survives the plot.
(possibly) O-Chul, being the only good guy currently related to it, he could cause its death undirectly: from the way I see it, the MitD will be very fond of O-Chul and will try to protect him in the future (or will be very upset if he dies), which could cause its death somehow.
(unlikely) the Snarl, since I can't see any other character being strong enough to even hurt the MitD at this point.

What do you all think will happen? :smallconfused:

Jan Mattys
2009-02-05, 09:16 AM
Xykon will be definitely killed by Roy in the end.

Redcloak... I have this gut feeling that he will be killed by Xykon. Or even possibly by the Snarl... it would be a fitting end for such a tragic character who spent his whole life on the Plan... and a one that would probably make Right-Eye smile. A sad smile, but a smile anyway. Redcloak is stuff for tragedies.

MiTD... I think it will get some sort of happy ending. Don't know why, but he's just too cuddly to meet a bad fate imho...

Tsukiko... She's a minion and as such will hit the turf, either by Haley or by V.

Zevox
2009-02-05, 01:18 PM
Well, for Xykon, the obvious choice is Roy, for reasons already mentioned. I do think there's the off chance he'll be undone by the Snarl while tampering with the last Gate though.

Redcloak, not sure. I do expect *SoD spoilers*
Xykon's charm on MitD to come into play later on, but I'm not so sure that will result in Redcloak's death.
Xykon killing him for betrayal is possible, but I wouldn't bet too heavily on it. Redcloak wouldn't risk betraying Xykon until the Plan is fulfilled, unless he finds another arcane caster who is more reliable than Xykon but also powerful enough to pull it off, which seems very unlikely. And considering what the result will be if the Plan is fulfilled, I'm not expecting that to happen.
Actually, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Redcloak survives in the end. Maybe he'll get a chance to lead a life not dominated by The Plan once all is said and done and do a lot of good for the Goblin people.

Monster in the Darkness, doubt he'll be killed. He just doesn't seem to be the kind of enemy you need to kill to overcome. And considering even Miko couldn't do more than tickle him, it doesn't seem likely there are many things that could kill him.

Tsukiko... eh, she's too minor to really guess. Maybe she'll survive, maybe someone from the Order will kill her (in which case I'd guess the culprit will be either Haley or Belkar), maybe she'll get on Xykon's nerves sometime, maybe Redcloak will snap and disintegrate her if she gets too annoying, maybe O-Chul will get to kill her later on. Who knows, really.

The Linear Guild hasn't been mentioned yet, but probably should. I expect Thog to survive - the dumb, naive, quasi-innocent-yet-still-evil types like him usually do, and it's just too easy to subdue him without killing him anyway. Nale, probably not. Maybe Elan will kill him, maybe he'll run afoul of the Snarl, maybe Sabine will end up betraying him on the orders of her masters (or her masters kill him via another minion or on their own). Those seem the most likely scenarios for him, just as an off the top of my head guess. Sabine though, I'm less sure of. Maybe Haley will finally finish her off eventually, maybe she'll survive. Maybe she'll betray her masters for Nale and die with him. I kinda like the thought of that last one, actually - its almost tragic.

Zevox

Snake-Aes
2009-02-05, 01:27 PM
Tsukiko... eh, she's too minor to really guess. Maybe she'll survive, maybe someone from the Order will kill her (in which case I'd guess the culprit will be either Haley or Belkar), maybe she'll get on Xykon's nerves sometime, maybe Redcloak will snap and disintegrate her if she gets too annoying, maybe O-Chul will get to kill her later on. Who knows, really.

Zevox

Belkar will teach Tsukiko about how good living beings can be when they know what they are doing o.O

Then she kills him and keeps him as a love toy O.o

Fitzclowningham
2009-02-05, 01:45 PM
I don't know how likely it is, but irony/tragedy would be best served if Redcloak is killed by a paladin.

dps
2009-02-05, 01:56 PM
Normally, I'd expect Xykon to be killed by Roy. After all, it's presumably Roy's story, so any other outcome would be a bit of a letdown dramatically. However, given the Oracle's comment to the Black Dragon in 628, maybe it's not Roy's story to the extent we think it is. But I'me probably reading too much into that.

Mando Knight
2009-02-05, 02:00 PM
I'd expect Xykon to be killed by Roy. After all, it's presumably Roy's story, so any other outcome would be a bit of a letdown dramatically. However, given the Oracle's comment to the Black Dragon in 628, maybe it's not Roy's story to the extent we think it is.

Actually, I'd almost expect the campaign to begin depending on Roy even more out of irony...

King of Nowhere
2009-02-05, 04:11 PM
Probably Roy will kill Xykon; it is likely that Redcloak will have a part in it, and I hope he survives it: it was already posted somewhere else (minor SoD spoiler)
Roy kills Xykon, Redcloak smash the phylactery. The suggestion on the mitd activates: :mitd: "Hey, did you just betrayed Xykon???" :redcloak: "No, it was just his skeleton twin" :mitd: "Oh, fine then"

Tsukiko is better be killed by Haley, and the mitd will probably survive; I hope O-Chul will have a part in this.

I don't think Sabine will betray Nale, she really seemd in love with him. For Nale being in love with Sabine, we have less evidence, so maybe Nale will betray Sabine and Sabine will kill him. But I find more likely that they are both killed in some battle. Thog will probably survive.

The_Void
2009-02-05, 05:16 PM
Xykon - Roy, obviously. It's his fight.

Redcloak - Either Xykon, for betrayal, Hinjo for taking his city and eslaving his people, or the Snarl after Redcloak fails to control it.

MitD - Will probably survive, and might even be convinced by O-Chul to use his powers for good. Nobody could ever defeat him anyway, unless V ever achieves Ultimate Arcane Power.

Tsukiko - Pretty minor to say, but maybe O-Chul as he's escaping, Haley or another member of the Resistance. Maybe Redcloak if she annoys him too much.

Nale - Elan won't kill him, but Haley might if he hurts Elan too much.

Sabine - Either betrayed by Nale or will survive and return to the lower planes. Or possibly Haley, as she is her nemesis.

Thog - Won't be killed, someone will just throw him some ice cream to calm him down.

Rad
2009-02-05, 05:41 PM
well, if Xykon is going to be killed by Roy I don't think anybody could end Redcloak but [spoiler]the Snarl itself... I envision him dying while believing that he has completed the Plan (it would have to be mistaken though... probably the Snarl WILL appear and the PCs will have to fight it, so Redcloak coul be his forst victim right after he is freed.[\spoiler]
As for the MITD... I'm not sure and it probably doesn't "have" to be as meaningful as the other two baddies.

Keinnicht
2009-02-05, 08:47 PM
I think we can safely conclude Xykon is going to be killed by Roy.

I personally can see Redcloak surviving the storyline, because while he is evil, he also clearly has some redeeming characteristics. He cares about his people, even if his people are barbaric.

The MiTD is almost certainly going to be overcome without violence. One, the thing isn't smart. Second, it seems like exactly the kind of monster the PCs are supposed to find some other way around. At the moment, the MiTD seems to be something along the lines of a medium-sized version of the Tarrasque. Either that, or it's going to be the most insanely epic fight ever.

The Snarl, if the Order does what it's actually supposed to, should never actually come into play. Primordial Spirits of Destruction are the kind of thing even very, very, VERY epic level characters should think twice about bothering. Alternatively, Xykon could summon the Snarl and realize maybe it wasn't such a good idea, leading to lich sorceror fight.

Nale, I think will either survive for unrelated reasons, be redeemed, or offed by Elan.

Haley kills Sabine. No question.

Belkar kills all members of the Linear Guild who aren't Sabine, Thog, or Nale.

whitelaughter
2009-02-06, 06:42 AM
Well, the happy ending would be someone thinks to ask a Werebear to bite everybody, so that all the humanoid races become Lawful Good.
However, I doubt that any of the characters will think of this, as none of them really realise that "violence is the answer".

RebelRogue
2009-02-06, 08:52 AM
Roy killing Xykon seems obvious. So obvious, that I think The Giant may subvert it somehow. Hmm! He'll have a hand in it for sure, though.

Tensu
2009-02-16, 07:16 PM
Am I the only one who thinks RC may be the one to kill Xykon?

or at least a conjoined effort: Roy defeats Xykon, then RC destroys his phylactry(sp?)

Xykon may be stronger, but RC is smarter, more resourceful, has a real goal, the minions are more loyal to him, he's more focused etc, etc.

I don't see Xykon ruling the world long: he'll probably use the snarl to kill people, at which point everyone decides they're going to be killed by the snarl anyway and without that fear they bum-rush him. I doubt any of his minions would come to his aid if that happened.

I also suspect there is a possibility the snarl may be killed. it was hinted at that if the eastern (greek) pantheon had not been dieties, they would have stood a better chance. could that mean an epic level party might be able to pull it off?

Rae Artemi
2009-02-16, 07:41 PM
:xykon:: Will be killed by :roy: or :redcloak:
:redcloak:: will be killed by :mitd: or :durkon:
:mitd:: will live happily with O-Chul and the :roach:es
:nale:: will be killed by :haley: or :elan:, or :thog: if he realizes that not-nale is a better friend than Sabine and Nale combined.
:sabine:: will be killed by :haley:
:thog:: Will become a member of the oots and die due to diabetes caused by too many ice cream parties with :elan:
Anyone else will be killed by :belkar: THE SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!!!

NamonakiRei
2009-02-16, 07:55 PM
Am I the only one who thinks RC may be the one to kill Xykon?

or at least a conjoined effort: Roy defeats Xykon, then RC destroys his phylactry(sp?)

Emmm, you haven't read SoD, nor SoD spoilers, right? Nor the previous posts, I am sure. Because those say pretty much exactly why that CAN'T happen(Or if it does, it will probably be the end of Redcloack)

Xykon charmed the MitD to eat Redcloack and spit the phylactery in case that he betrays the him. You would know this if you had read the previous posts.

I think that most probably, Xykon will be killed by Roy. I mean, it's Roy's plot-role. Or at least, one of his plot roles.

I hope Redcloack survives the storyline, though. The guy deserves a happy ending, he's had a hell of a life. But alas! As Jan Mattys says, Redcloack seems to be bound for tragedy. It would be tragically fitting indeed if he was killed by the Snarl.I also hope that the Giant reads this thread and decides he's gonna let RC live just because so many people think he won't! But shhh! Don't tell anyone!!
The MitD is most probably surviving. I think so because he is, as O-Chul says, not a bad person, and he just wants to show the world what he is!

The Linear Guild... probably surviving. Or Else, Nale is finished by Elan, Sabine by Haley, and Thog... I don't really know. He's got possibilities of surviving.Overall because of his somewhat annoying 6-year-old like persona.
And... that's about it! :smallsmile:

Logalmier
2009-02-16, 09:26 PM
Tsukiko... She's a minion and as such will hit the turf, either by Haley or by V.

I'm betting It'll be V then. Or V and Haley. (S)he hasn't had the chance to brawl it out with Tsukiko yet, and I'm betting that by the time the party meets team evil again Tsukiko will have gained some levels on the party, posing a bigger threat even if she is a Mystic Thurman Thurogh whatever. Thus she and her wights will be taken down by V and Haley.

Tensu
2009-02-17, 02:16 PM
Emmm, you haven't read SoD, nor SoD spoilers, right? Nor the previous posts, I am sure. Because those say pretty much exactly why that CAN'T happen(Or if it does, it will probably be the end of Redcloack)

Xykon charmed the MitD to eat Redcloack and spit the phylactery in case that he betrays the him. You would know this if you had read the previous posts.

as Xykon said himself, the most surefire way to make sure something doesn't happen is to tell the MitD to do it.

the MitD will probably either mess it up, have turned coats, or fallen in combat (unlikely and do not want, but a possibility) by the time RC was the option to betray Xykon presented to him.