PDA

View Full Version : Death Metal Day 2009!

zeratul
2009-02-05, 03:12 PM
Well it's soon too be that time of year, so raise your devil horns playground! Because February 14th Is Death Metal Day 2009! For those of you who weren't around for it;s creation last year Death metal day is a replacement for valentines day which one celebrated by listening to tons of metal (death metal in particular but others are fine), doing metal things, starting moshpits in your front yard, that kind of thing. So bring out your old albums and DVDs, Get your metal head friends together, and drown out the valentines day songs with celebration of brutality everywhere and have an extremely metal week prior to the big day \m/ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5rNcr93tw) :smallamused:

Fredthefighter
2009-02-05, 03:14 PM
I'll get Lordi.
Time for some hard rock hallelujah

Coplantor
2009-02-05, 06:42 PM
I always wanted to know what a mosh pit is... anyway, hair metal is ok?

Felixaar
2009-02-05, 06:51 PM
Hmm. If I don't get a valentine within the next... eight days, I might be joining you lot. Rest assured I'm exploring every avenue to avoid this.

Though embracing my inner metalhead for the day would be fun.

Ms.Malbolge
2009-02-05, 07:43 PM
I will definitely be participating in this most wondrous of holidays.

Never liked Valentine's Day anyway.

Though I'm probably going to stick with blasting Ozzy and Iron Maiden until the neighbors call the police on me... again.

littlebottom
2009-02-05, 08:46 PM
ah it seems my saviour has come! im single at the moment :smallfrown: but this will be brilliant! course there will be classics from ozzy, maiden and the likes, but im going to branch out i think, maybe some dragonforce... what genre actually IS dragonforce anyway? i mean its hard to catagorize, its not death metal, its not emo, i heard someone call it "video game metal" because of its technical difficulty in guitar hero, but thats just stupid... but this is shaping up to be a great valentines, i save money, and have a great time!

Coplantor
2009-02-05, 08:49 PM
It's power metal. Like Rhapsody or Synergy.

Keinnicht
2009-02-05, 08:51 PM
I think I would've participated in this Holiday regardless of whether or not I knew of it's existence..

littlebottom
2009-02-05, 08:54 PM
It's power metal. Like Rhapsody or Synergy.

aha! i suppose so... why didnt i think of that? aanyway, thanks and looking forward to it!

zeratul
2009-02-05, 09:06 PM
I always wanted to know what a mosh pit is... anyway, hair metal is ok?

Just so long as you don't listen to any powerballads, and its good hair metal then yes :P. I think for me some of my friends and I are getting together and watching Stockholm knockout Live by children of bodom and Buried alive by Sentenced, should be good times.

d13
2009-02-05, 09:49 PM
Do not underestimate the possibilities of celebrating the Valentine's Metal Day :tongue:

Canadian
2009-02-05, 09:49 PM
When is Progressive Vegan Grindcore Day?

Innis Cabal
2009-02-05, 09:57 PM
Never. It will never be that.

Uzirael
2009-02-05, 10:11 PM
oh this sounds cool, especially since it's on a saturday when everyone is available... and though I don't have the older stuff like ozzy, I prefer Coal Chamber and Devildriver also maybe some Slipknot if it fits.

Keinnicht
2009-02-05, 10:21 PM
When is Progressive Vegan Grindcore Day?

As soon as Earth Crisis and Psyopus join together in one project.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2009-02-05, 11:44 PM
Do not underestimate the possibilities of celebrating the Valentine's [Death] Metal Day :tongue:

That would be a great day to have every day.

Em Blackleaf
2009-02-06, 12:17 AM
I always wanted to know what a mosh pit is...
They're some of the scariest sh*t in the world. :smalleek:
Okay, maybe because the first time I went near a mosh pit, I was punched really hard. But it was some hardcore show my friends dragged me to, so I have no idea what any other kind of pit is like.

However, Death Metal Day sounds so much better than Valentine's Day. Not only do I not have a valentine, I do not support the commercialization of love and why can't I get flowers or whatever any other day of the year? Not that I like flowers, since they just die anyway. In conclusion, Death metal > Valentine's > Algebra 2.

d13
2009-02-06, 12:31 AM
That would be a great day to have every day.

Just about every metal is accepted, when you're at home "Valentin~ing" :smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2009-02-06, 01:40 AM
I would also like to call attention to April the 19th, otherwise known as Bicycle Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_Day). Oh the stuff college professors lecture on... :amused:

Makes you wonder what they do in their spare time...

Myatar_Panwar
2009-02-06, 01:50 AM
Haha, oh man. I wasn't aware this was a playground thing (failed at properly reading thread), so I googled it, and this is what I got (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Death%20Metal%20Day). Gave me a laugh.

Edit: @^ That is hilarious. Had no idea it had a holiday. And so close to another related holiday...

phoerix
2009-02-06, 01:57 AM
I think I'll celebrate both :) Some demon hunter and nightwish, and a nice dinner :)

† Dran †
2009-02-06, 02:01 AM
eh me and my girl are metal heads and will be spending Valentines day doing just that. Listening to classics like Ozzy or new **** like Behemoth and doing the beast with 2 backs as much as possiable. Later on where havin mates over (men and women) and havin a horror film night. Only real way to spend Valentines day with with Brutal music and offering of blood.

zeratul
2009-02-06, 02:09 AM
Okay, maybe because the first time I went near a mosh pit, I was punched really hard. But it was some hardcore show my friends dragged me to, so I have no idea what any other kind of pit is like.

However, Death Metal Day sounds so much better than Valentine's Day. Not only do I not have a valentine, I do not support the commercialization of love and why can't I get flowers or whatever any other day of the year? Not that I like flowers, since they just die anyway. In conclusion, Death metal > Valentine's > Algebra 2.

Moshing isn't that bad providing that it;s moshing and not "hardcore dancing". Moshing is basically when there's a circle of people with people in the center being pushed back and forth and pushing and running into each other and stuff. Hardcore dancing is when people punch and kick and all that stuff. Most of the metal shows I've been to the hardcore dancers get snuffed fast so It's never been an issue with me.

Also amazing mosh pit story from me (spoilered for length)
So i became friends with this death metal band that was there at a battle of the bands we we're at before our set, and they were all really cool dudes, and we told them that we had one really heavy song (this was a gig with my alt rock band) that was basically thrash metal and that they should start a moshpit, which they were psyched about.so our set comes around, first song goes amazing, second song (the heavy one) were ripping through it, sounds awesome, and then we get to the solo and i yell (impurium moshpit now!". This huge pit breaks out, i jump off the stage into the pit, mosh, then climb back on the stage to finish the song. It was ****ing epic.

ShadowPenguin
2009-02-06, 05:16 AM
Now this is one day I think I'll actually keep \m/ :smallbiggrin:

Klose_the_Sith
2009-02-06, 05:14 PM
I'll be blasting Opeth and the like anyway, but count me SO IN!

Moff Chumley
2009-02-06, 07:59 PM
My sig. Click it.

Also, Dream Theater ftw.

DraPrime
2009-02-06, 09:22 PM
They're some of the AWESOMEST! sh*t in the world. :smalleek:

Corrected :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, I so need to walk around with some speakers and my iphone with Vader, Behemoth, Nile, and Decapitated playing at full blast.

toasty
2009-02-07, 05:31 AM
I promise to listen to nothing but Metal (particularly Melodeath) all day long. :)

Fredthefighter
2009-02-07, 05:34 AM
Bring on the Maiden of Iron!
Let's give those valentines day saps something to scream about. :smallamused:

Exeson
2009-02-07, 06:12 AM
I always wanted to know what a mosh pit is...

Some of the most fun you will ever have in your life. Just don't make any plans to do anything the next day. :smalltongue:

funny story. Me and a mate James went to this gig with two female friends, who are both fairly small. anyway James and I were two of the largest guys there, he is really tall and I'm very broad. Randomly a mosh pit just broke out right next to us so we spent five minutes shielding the girls from everything and basically bear-hugging them to stop them getting sucked in/hurt. Of course we gave the occasional shove as well now and then.. it was really fun.

I might be a little different and break out some MSI, not really metal but meh, I love em.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2009-02-07, 09:24 PM
Just about every metal is accepted, when you're at home "Valentin~ing" :smalltongue:

Yes, but some make better holidays than others. Black Metal Valentine's day would not be any fun at all. The chocolate, like the drums, would lose all sense of taste, and if you gave valentines to anybody but the devil you might technically have to change genres. Doom Metal Valentine's day is pretty much the same Valentine's day single people have, but with more distorted guitar. Thrash valentine's day would just be really repetetive, you'd do the same thing every year.

zeratul
2009-02-07, 10:54 PM
Black metal is actually probably the one I feel works best with this holiday outside of death metal and melodic death in keeping the spirit of the holiday.others are accepted of course but black metal would make more sense than say, hair metal or power metal for this sort of thing :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-02-07, 11:09 PM
I'll help celebrate this one.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2009-02-08, 03:42 PM
Power Metal Valentine's Day would be so silly. Hair metal Valentine's day just wouldn't be that interesting, as it'd essentially just be a kinda retro Valentine's day.

zeratul
2009-02-08, 11:01 PM
So as I am throwing a death metal day party this year I figured I'd ask you guys, what would constitute 'metal' food?:smalltongue: The one thing I totally want to do is devils food cake with a big pentagram on it but I need more ideas!

Innis Cabal
2009-02-08, 11:02 PM
Beef Jerky, lager, blood sausage, and if you can get over to Vietnam the Cobra Feast where they feed you the still beating heart of the snake in a sake cup

Frojoe21
2009-02-08, 11:17 PM
Demon burgers! Huge stacks of beef with hot sauce, bacon and all the fixin's. Damn tasty and for most people one will just fill you up.

Uzirael
2009-02-08, 11:18 PM
So as I am throwing a death metal day party this year I figured I'd ask you guys, what would constitute 'metal' food?:smalltongue: The one thing I totally want to do is devils food cake with a big pentagram on it but I need more ideas!

the only thing that comes to mind is raw meat. Particularly because it is still "bleeding" from all the retained juices and blood, however if you do that be prepared to get sick from it since it is unsanitized food. Oh! you could do an Angel food cake but use dark chocolate and stuff so it comes out dark instead of light, and use dark red-dye frosting or w/e you use, or use a cherry sauce and make it nice and thick and deep in red color to pour over it! oh and as Frojoe said hotsauce would work well on other things too.

darn you, now my 2 years of culinary, with this question will bother me into the night lol. I shall return with more (eventually)

zeratul
2009-02-08, 11:36 PM
Hmm, I'm digging the demon burgers idea, also woot advice from a culinary school gal. Can't certain meat be served raw? I seem to recall this being done with beef somewhat often.

I had considered blood pudding as well, anyone know if it tastes good?

DraPrime
2009-02-09, 12:02 AM
Hmm, I'm digging the demon burgers idea, also woot advice from a culinary school gal. Can't certain meat be served raw? I seem to recall this being done with beef somewhat often.

I had considered blood pudding as well, anyone know if it tastes good?

Blood pudding is fantastic. Trust me, I'm of Slavic descent. We know what weird and disgusting food is good.

Also, you should have a cake with black icing on which the words "Death Metal Day" will be written in red icing. Iron Maiden font will of course be used.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-09, 12:08 AM
Its really up to personal taste, hard to say what tastes good when its subjective. So, try it and find out :smallbiggrin:

I still say eating the beating heart of a cobra is hardcore

DraPrime
2009-02-09, 12:13 AM
Its really up to personal taste, hard to say what tastes good when its subjective. So, try it and find out :smallbiggrin:

I still say eating the beating heart of a cobra is hardcore

Of course, eating your own beating heart is more impressive.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-09, 12:14 AM
Certainly, but it one of those One time meals. Impressive though it might be, if you can't do it more then once it lacks flare.

DraPrime
2009-02-09, 12:21 AM
Certainly, but it one of those One time meals. Impressive though it might be, if you can't do it more then once it lacks flare.

I know a certain man who can eat his heart twice. He travels a lot in a police box.

Boo
2009-02-09, 02:37 AM

Indie Rock > All.

I don't know why this day has to be for Death Metal only. That seems rather narrow minded, don't you think? It's also hypocritical since some of the songs are about love (in a twisted sense). As well, they're both using commercial products, so you can't escape that bit. Why not just skip both, and go outside to piss off couples? I mean, that seems to be the goal here.

And blood pudding is weird? Huh... it's always been normal to me. Although, I don't like it much.

Regarding Metal food: Try using those little silver sugar balls, and put them on a cake. Make the cake black, and draw a pentagram on it. For irony's sake, make the inside vanilla. Maybe make it a pentagram-heart too. *shrug*

Although, I'd suggest doing something fun like steak cake. Cake that looks like steak, or steaks strung together like a cake. Either way. Just make sure they're all rare.

DraPrime
2009-02-09, 02:44 AM
Indie Rock > All.

I don't know why this day has to be for Death Metal only. That seems rather narrow minded, don't you think? It's also hypocritical since some of the songs are about love (in a twisted sense). As well, they're both using commercial products, so you can't escape that bit. Why not just skip both, and go outside to piss off couples? I mean, that seems to be the goal here.

We're doing death metal because it has the greatest amount of irony. And indie rock is really more a method of distribution than an actual genre.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-09, 02:58 AM
I thought the point was to have fun :smallconfused:

Though I guess it is sorta narrow minded. After all Indie Rocks > everything.

How is it hypocritical? There are plenty of songs about normal, wholesome love in Death Metal, not all of it is about slaughter and blood and gore.

Klose_the_Sith
2009-02-09, 03:20 AM
Though I guess it is sorta narrow minded. After all Indie Rocks > everything.

For shame ...

Innis Cabal
2009-02-09, 03:24 AM
If it helps, it made me feel a little unclean. Nothing a little port won't fix

Narmoth
2009-02-09, 06:17 AM
My list for the day:
Dark Tranquillity
Soilwork, first 2 albums
Carcass
Suidakra
Opeth, 2nd and 3rd album
Antestor
Nevermore
Arcturus, last album
Enslaved

Nameless
2009-02-09, 06:24 AM
My list:

All of Children of Bodom's albums
Norther's albums
All of Arch Enemy's albums
And some Nile for old time's sake ^^
Oh, and we must not forget Eluveitie, yeah they're folk but they have Death Metal elements. :smallbiggrin:

Morty
2009-02-09, 08:30 AM
Damn right I'll participate. I'll bring out my Children of Bodom, In Flames and Dark Tranquility tracks I haven't listened to in a long time. I wish I had any Vader's songs except the one they promoted The Witcher with.

Scorpina
2009-02-09, 10:57 AM
I've been on a bit of a thrash kick lately. I figure that'll persist through the 14th.

Mmm, Death Angel...

DraPrime
2009-02-09, 12:14 PM
Damn right I'll participate. I'll bring out my Children of Bodom, In Flames and Dark Tranquility tracks I haven't listened to in a long time. I wish I had any Vader's songs except the one they promoted The Witcher with.

As far as Vaded goes, Litany and De Profundis are great albums to get.

zeratul
2009-02-09, 02:48 PM

]

Tis mainly just a fun replacement of valentines day created primarily for metalheads :smallsmile:. It is closed minded in the same way any holiday celebrated by a specific group is closed minded, tis basically the only holiday celebrating metal, thus the inclusion of other genres of metal but as dragon said the choice of a death metal day on my part mainly had to do with the irony of having a holiday celebrating a genre that tends to be more about violence and rebellion on the same day as a holiday about love.

My list for the day so far
Ensiferum (victory songs album)
Children of Bodom (stockholm knockout live and assorted other albums)
Sentenced (Buried Alive)
then an assortment of all the other stuff of this kind i have so probably some cradle of filth, eluveitie, etc.

Ego Slayer
2009-02-10, 12:12 AM
Oh, right... almost forgot... :smallamused:

I'M PARTICIPATING. :elan:

Er... I mean... \m/ >.<

Frojoe21
2009-02-10, 01:34 AM
Album wise I think I'm going with:

Vader - Impressions in Blood
Nebucadnezzer - Our last Masquerade
Death - Symbolic
Verbal Deception - Aurum Aetus Piraticus
and Strapping Young Lad - Alien (yes, I know they're not death metal, but damn, they're angry :smalltongue:)

Nameless
2009-02-10, 07:03 AM
Hey I know!, Let's have a day for ever Metal sub-genre!
Oh wait... That'll take up every day of the year...

AWESOME!!!!!!11ONE :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2009-02-12, 01:37 PM
I wrote a Song:

My Death Metal Day

On my Death Metal Day my true love gave to me,
a tattoo of Alexi!

On my Death Metal day my true love gave to me,
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

5 skull earrings
4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

6 mega bass’
5 skull earrings
4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

7 leather jackets
6 mega bass’
5 skull earrings
4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

8 reversed pentagrams
7 leather jackets
6 mega bass’
5 skull earrings
4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

9 bass drums
8 reversed pentagrams
7 leather jackets
6 mega bass’
5 skull earrings
4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

10 pairs of skinny’s
9 bass drums
8 reversed pentagrams
7 leather jackets
6 mega bass’
5 skull earrings
4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

11 black mascaras
10 pairs of skinny’s
9 bass drums
8 reversed pentagrams
7 leather jackets
6 mega bass’
5 skull earrings
4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

12 upside-down crosses
11 black mascaras
10 pairs of skinny’s
9 bass drums
8 reversed pentagrams
7 leather jackets
6 mega bass’
5 skull earrings
4 Jackson Guitars
3 Bullet belts
2 pairs of studded pants
and a tattoo of Alexi!

:smallsmile:

Whoracle
2009-02-12, 01:42 PM
Well, isn't this great!

The missus and me decided to go to some Death Festival on saturday to celebrate valentines. Talk about coincidence :D

\m/ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZ6lGu9ios)

zeratul
2009-02-12, 02:31 PM
Well, isn't this great!

The missus and me decided to go to some Death Festival on saturday to celebrate valentines. Talk about coincidence :D

\m/ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZ6lGu9ios)

Haha, sweet whoracle, maybe my holiday has secretly crept into the German death metal scene somehow.:smallwink:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-02-12, 02:35 PM
Hmm. Are we still permitted to ask people to join us for DMD? Can I have a DMD date?

zeratul
2009-02-12, 02:47 PM
Hmm. Are we still permitted to ask people to join us for DMD? Can I have a DMD date?

I'm having a death metal day party on Saturday with people so I don't see why not, just as long as the music is deathmetaly and not valentinesy :smalltongue:

Uzirael
2009-02-12, 03:44 PM
hey for all you in on this, one of mein Freunde is making a playlist for some music, and i can get a link up for it soon...you'll know it's mine cause my name is being used. some samples on it are: Coal Chamber, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Underoath etc...just lettin you all know incase any of you would like to check it out...if you got any recommendations i would like to hear it, and he's only putting up about 2 per artist so alot can be put up

zeratul
2009-02-12, 03:49 PM
hey for all you in on this, one of mein Freunde is making a playlist for some music, and i can get a link up for it soon...you'll know it's mine cause my name is being used. some samples on it are: Coal Chamber, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Underoath etc...just lettin you all know incase any of you would like to check it out...if you got any recommendations i would like to hear it, and he's only putting up about 2 per artist so alot can be put up

Sounds cool Uzirael, my recommendations would be Children of Bodom, Norther, and cradle of filth.

Uzirael
2009-02-12, 04:01 PM
also, got some home bands up there (german) but since it's screamo i doubt you would notice that anyways lol...i'm debating on putting samy deluxe in it, but he says it's more rap so idk...anyways @zera, i'll look em up.

Narmoth
2009-02-12, 04:12 PM
The combination of Valentines day and metal day of course brings up the question: best metal love - song.
It doesn't have to be a power ballad, it doesn't have to be about love either. Just the song you'd put on to set the mood for your date:

zeratul
2009-02-12, 04:22 PM
The combination of Valentines day and metal day of course brings up the question: best metal love - song.
It doesn't have to be a power ballad, it doesn't have to be about love either. Just the song you'd put on to set the mood for your date:

............I **** like a beast by WASP? >_>

alright serious answer, basically any lovesong by sentenced or poisonblack

DraPrime
2009-02-12, 04:25 PM
Dracula by Iced Earth would be the best metal love song. The singing always blows me away.

zeratul
2009-02-12, 04:27 PM
Dracula by Iced Earth would be the best metal love song. The singing always blows me away.

The singing is good in the second half of the song yes, but the opening has more cheese than the dairy section of a French Grocery store.

DraPrime
2009-02-12, 04:52 PM
The singing is good in the second half of the song yes, but the opening has more cheese than the dairy section of a French Grocery store.

That opening is perfectly fine. And how does a Turisas fan complain about something being too cheesy?

zeratul
2009-02-12, 04:53 PM
That opening is perfectly fine. And how does a Turisas fan complain about something being too cheesy?

When turisas is cheesy they;re cheesy in a good/fun way, the iced earht opening is cheesy in a hilarious/lame way.

Klose_the_Sith
2009-02-12, 04:55 PM

"... would the French man stop giving the lion cigarettes? He's trying to quit ..."

DraPrime
2009-02-12, 05:00 PM
When turisas is cheesy they;re cheesy in a good/fun way, the iced earht opening is cheesy in a hilarious/lame way.

I still don't know what it is that you find so cheesy. Lyrics are a bit cheesy, but the whole thing is a nice calm setup for the rest of the dog which comes at you at full power and kicks you in the musical balls (that's a good thing).

Uzirael
2009-02-12, 05:03 PM
@ what Narmoth asked, i'd have to say Without You by Greeley Estates...which i've decided will be included lol

Edit: I'm putting up the current playlist which has 30 songs/15 artists, so that's 2 songs per artist and i tried to keep the better of the 2 on the top. I'll probably add more when i'm done eating. (sorry about shikari, i know they suck but someone probably likes them)
Some of my favorites: Protest the Hero, Chiodos, and Underoath.

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/15080366859

Nameless
2009-02-12, 05:14 PM

Like Trail of Broken Hearts by Dragonforce? :smallbiggrin:

Ceska
2009-02-12, 05:47 PM
I bring this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quPliK3eAy4)

Haha, oh man. I wasn't aware this was a playground thing (failed at properly reading thread), so I googled it, and this is what I got (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Death%20Metal%20Day). Gave me a laugh.
I'm pretty sure Zer wrote that one last year when creating this day.

Recaiden
2009-02-12, 11:38 PM
Well, when I listened to a first Death metal song 2 days ago, it was terrible. But now I like it more and more. And there are banners:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/DeathMetal.png
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/DMBB.png

zeratul
2009-02-13, 12:21 AM
That is extremely awesome dude, epic banners on short notice, well done.

Nameless
2009-02-13, 06:17 AM
Well, when I listened to a first Death metal song 2 days ago, it was terrible. But now I like it more and more. And there are banners:

Awesome, can that band be singing the song I posted here? :smallbiggrin:

Klose_the_Sith
2009-02-13, 07:00 AM
Seems like tomorrow might be a good opportunity to practice my guttural vocals. In Civic (Mall thing). Lets drown the centre of Valentines Day in brutality!

Ms.Malbolge
2009-02-13, 09:41 PM
I'm visualizing a mosh pit in a Hallmark store.

This amuses me to no end!

Also I too am a fan of Iced Earth and Dracula's cheese is perfectly fine! :smalltongue: My personal favorite is 'My Own Savior.'

toasty
2009-02-13, 09:55 PM
So I'm starting the day (its already the 14th here) with some Iron Maiden and then later today I'll watch Demon Hunter's Live DVD "Live in Nashville". Maybe Nightwish's End of an Era.

I'll make sure to throw some Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying in there, along with my pair of SoaD songs.

d13
2009-02-13, 10:08 PM
1:08 AM, January 14th here in Uruguay...

The Kovenant waking up neibourghs (sp?)... I don't know what I'm going to play (or put on my playlist, most likely this one xD) next.

ShadowPenguin
2009-02-13, 11:52 PM
So far on this lovely Death Metal Day, I have listened to: Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Xandria, Apocalyptica, Sinergy and Leaves' Eyes. Next up: Tarot :smallbiggrin: \m/

Aristeidis
2009-02-14, 12:14 AM
Damn it!!! I totally forgot about the Death Metal Day 2009!
I really liked the idea last year!
I'll celebrate it today on the 15th! :-P

Ceska
2009-02-14, 04:51 AM
The lack of proper Death Metal in this thread is rather staggering.

a tattoo of Alexi!
You know that should be a tattoo of no other than Chuck Schuldiner, not some silly power metal guitarist. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

My personal list goes: Atheist, Death, Deicide, Disillusion, Gorguts, Kataklysm, Gorguts, Decapitated and Demilich. But Death Metal isn't really my main interest, so I have mostly related genres. Oh well, some of them need to get their dust off their albums anyway.

Nameless
2009-02-14, 05:49 AM
The lack of proper Death Metal in this thread is rather staggering.

I seconed that.

You know that should be a tattoo of no other than Chuck Schuldiner, not some silly power metal guitarist.

*K'BITCHSLAP*

Alexi is the greatest Death Metal artist in the world.

And he's an awesome guitarist. :smalltongue:

YAY DEATH METAL DAY IS TODAY!

http://www.guitarflame.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/mega-bass.jpg

Pauwel
2009-02-14, 06:17 AM
I don't really listen to true death metal. This is about the closest I get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgCUqggkIGA

(Incredibly awesome song, regardless of genre.)

Fredthefighter
2009-02-14, 06:20 AM
Now is the time to awaken the great ones. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbzuzSbCyfQ)
TIDINGS OF MADNESS AND WOE!

zeratul
2009-02-14, 08:43 AM
The day is finally upon us! Happy Death metal day playground \m/.

Starting of with Death and Cannibal corpse, then ensiferum, then children of bodom, then more children of bodom, then korpiklaani(yeah i know they dont really fit, but their live DVD is awesome >_>), then other stuff.

Ceska
2009-02-14, 10:17 AM
*K'BITCHSLAP*

Alexi is the greatest Death Metal artist in the world.

And he's an awesome guitarist. :smalltongue:
He is an acceptable power metal guitarist, Children of Bodom is boring Melodeath and Melodeath is NWoBHM only slightly heavier and with growls.

So, enough tongue in cheek flaming, back to listening to Decapititated.

DraPrime
2009-02-14, 05:38 PM
Death, Vader, Decapitated, Morbid Angel, Opeth, Ensiferum, Wintersun, and Kreator have been really fun today!

Klose_the_Sith
2009-02-14, 09:59 PM
Well, I was proud in my efforts yesterday.

Got some new boots in the morning, and spent the day blasting metal, but at night is where it came into it's own.

I was at a Valentines Party with a bunch of "Teeny-Boppers", and a mate of mine rigged up a guitar and amp so he could play outside. I accompanied his distorted riffs with Death Metal growling, and freaked the hell out of these people (to the great amusement of other people there who were feeling bitter and twisted)

zeratul
2009-02-15, 10:40 AM
Death metal day party yesterday was pretty awesome, pictures will be up eventually.

Nameless
2009-02-16, 07:00 AM
And I spent the day learning a new CoB song... and Listening to Cob. :smallsmile: