PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 2 troubleshooting: Help needed

Kane
2009-02-05, 06:46 PM
I've never run into any bugs before, but I'm in the caverns under Fractured Hills (my latest un-bugged save) and whenever I try and finish them up (kill the rest of the ants, find the missing people/letter), the game goes buggy and decides that I always have my weapon out. Which leads to people attacking me, refusing to talk to me, and me being unable to go anywhere like NCR or Vault City, places with police.

I could really use some help, I'd really like to finish the town's quests. (500+ caps is nothing to sneeze at!)

Triaxx
2009-02-06, 09:16 AM
Have you checked your Karma lately?

Kane
2009-02-06, 10:49 AM
I shall. I didn't think it could effect that.

Erloas
2009-02-06, 09:30 PM
I'm assuming if you've gotten anywhere at all you already have the offical patches? Have you tried finding the community patch and seen if that fixes your issues? The playerbase put out a patch that did nothing but fix hundreds of bugs that the offical patches didn't address. I'm not sure if this is one of them, but of all the things Fallout is known for, being a bug free game was never even close to being on the list.

grinner666
2009-02-06, 10:51 PM
Try here:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40443

It's an unofficial patch and expansion. The patch fixes some problems that the official patches never did ... ones I never encountered, thankfully, so it may fix your problem. And the expansion just kicks ass.

:smallbiggrin:

JellyPooga
2009-02-07, 10:32 AM
I've sometimes found that they react as if you're armed if you have a weapon in your secondary equip (Kick) slot. Try holding nothing at all.

Zorg
2009-02-07, 11:37 AM
Also any sidekicks you have can set NPCs off if they have their weapons out.

grinner666
2009-02-07, 10:37 PM
Also any sidekicks you have can set NPCs off if they have their weapons out.

Yes, but that alone shouldn't instigate attacks in Broken Hills; the worst it should do (horrendous karma notwithstanding) is make the clown at the entrance to town refuse to talk to the player.

Now if you suddenly appear downtown in NCR without first putting away ALL of your weapons ... *cringe*

:smallwink: