PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dragonborn of Bahamut Fleshwarper?

Caeldrim
2009-02-05, 08:20 PM
Hi all,

My Whisper Gnome wizard has just heard the call of Bahamut and chosen to be reborn.

This is very cool and all, but I have a few questions for y'all.

Having just run through Tomb of Horrors (with only a couple of deaths!) I've acquired a few undead grafts and a keen interest in the fleshwarper PrC from Lords of Madness.

Question the First: Do you think Bahamut would frown on me modifying the wonderful new form he's granted me? He IS supposed to be very forgiving... But it doesn't seem consistent with dragonborn 'style'.

Question the Second: If Necromancy is a barred school for me (which it is), is it worth me taking Fleshwarper at all, given that most of the undead grafts require access to necromancy spells to create, and the undead grafts are by far the cheapest/most numerous type available. Cash isn't impossible to come by in this setting, but it isn't just falling out of the trees or anything.

Question the Third: Can Fleshwarper grant access to draconic grafts as described in Draconomicon?

RAW says it grants you new iterations of the 'graft flesh' feat, while dragon grafts require the 'wyrmgrafter' feat.

Flavourwise it makes sense that a dragonborn fleshwarper would be able to give himself draconic grafts, but I largely try to stick to RAW to avoid the DM's nerf-bat.

Also - Draconic grafts seem to require a lot more in the way of creation requirements, and seem to have much stricter rules on their application (no more than 5 grafts, no more than one graft type per individual) so it might be worth me just staying away from the wyrmgrafter stuff altogether, unless i decide I want to stick to draconic grafts for myself, and use the other graft types on my associates.

Discuss. :smallbiggrin:

Alleine
2009-02-05, 10:26 PM
First off, I'd tend to stay away from newer grafts because of the restrictions on them, and they tend to cost you more than money. However they're cheaper than most other grafts so that may be your best bet if you're strapped for cash.

If you can get your hands of the Fiend Folio then it opens up a lot more option with grafts, but Fiendish grafts have their drawbacks.
For crafting undead grafts you can always hire a wizard with those spells in order to fulfill that requirement. Or even buy the scroll and have your friendly neighborhood UMD'er take care of it. You're also eligible for all of the crafting feats in the eberron books so you can cut down on time and costs.

Hope this helps, I've been interested in playing a fleshwarper for awhile but never really had the opportunity.

Caeldrim
2009-02-06, 12:00 AM
What did you mean by 'cost you more than money'?

I noticed a lot of fiendish grafts require you to be evil or lose wisdom points per day at an alarming rate... Anyone know a way around this that doesn't involve being evil?