PDA

View Full Version : Archer, main class

Dalek Zek
2009-02-05, 08:35 PM
Archer

A wandering knight, an elite bowman ore merchenary. All may be an archer, worios ho prefer a fight at a distens rather than melee. Some are part of a pletoon, others are lonly heros and than there are some ho are couwertly robbers.

advanture : Archers see adventuring, war ore combat as there job. They may follow a lord ore king, be free spirrits ore ally them selfs with other adventures. In all ceses they prefeer the back line, where the hafe an overside en can suport anny melee woriors.

characteristics : archers trust on there bows and devolep quicly to a cappebal bowman. They are traint in all bows and crosbows and exseed all in the use of them.

aligment : Archers may hafe anny aligment. Good archers are often surpoprting worios in the ficht against the forces of evil, while evil once are usaly assasins ore bushrobbers. Lawfull archers you can find in legioens and chaotic once as hermeting travelers.

reliogion : Archers hafe no pesific religion. They may repersend them selfs as worios fore a Godnes ore they may just follow one to hefe somting to pray to.

background : Archers litterly grow up with a bow. They focust there training completly on bows and crosebows, forsaking most ,elee waponry. If need be they can use swords, but they will always stand stronger with a bow. Archers how turn to the diseplin later in life are usaly already fighters ore rangers. The other way around some archers will multiclass to fighter ore rangers to increase thehre option in combat.

races : Archers are found amongst all races but mostly among elfs and but rarely amongst dwarfs. Hummans archers are often traint by elfs.

Other classes : Archers usely like working with fighter, paladins and baberions ore other combattenist ho will take the first line.

role : The archer is the last line of the fight, overseing the battelfield and determening ho needs help most ore to see if a new group of ennemys is acoming. Becose of the great range of ther waepon of choise they can react fare faster than anny swordsman to a new situation.

Archer
{table=head]level |BAM |fort |ref |will |special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|weapon focus bows*

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+2|
+0|bonus feat

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+1|improved weapon focus bows* (1)

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|fine shot I*

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|bonus feat

6th|
+6/1|
+2|
+5|
+2|strong shot I*

7th|
+7/2|
+2|
+5|
+2|

8th|
+8/3|
+2|
+6|
+2|bonus feat

9th|
+9/4|
+3|
+6|
+3|fine shot 2*

10th|
+10/5|
+3|
+7|
+3|fine shot II*

11th|
+11/6/1|
+3|
+7|
+3|bonus feat

12th|
+12/7/2|
+4|
+8|
+4|strong shot II*

13th|
+13/8/3|
+4|
+8|
+4|

14th|
+14/9/4|
+4|
+9|
+4|bonus feat

15th|
+15/10/5|
+5|
+9|
+5|

16th|
+16/11/6/1|
+5|
+10|
+5|fine shot III*

17th|
+17/12/7/2|
+5|
+10|
+5|bonus feat

18th|
+18/13/8/3|
+6|
+11|
+6|strong shot III*

19th|
+19/14/9/4|
+6|
+11|
+6|

20th|
+20/15/10/5|
+6|
+12|
+6|bonus feat[/table]

* The archer has only use of these feats as long as she wears light ore no amor

(1) The archers has use of this feat even if she dos not meet the prerequisites

fine shot : this feat increases the critecel fred range of a bow if the archer wields it fore each time the archer gains this feat (19-20 at level 4, 18-20 at level 10 an 17-20 at level 16) aslong as she is within 30 feat of the target.

strong shot : this increases the damege dice a bow if the archer wields it.

Tabel fore strong shot
level|longbow|shortbow
6 | 1d10 | 1d8
12| 3d4 | 2d6
18| 3d6 | 2d8

class skils : consentration, spot, ride, climb, swim, profesion, craft.
skill pionts : 2 per level +int modifier, 4x(2+int modifier) at level 1

hd : 1d8

armor profency : light
waepon profency : all bows and crosebows, simpel weapons

bonus feats : improved critecal bows and crosebows, mounted archry, pointblanck shot, far shot, presice shot, rapid shot, manny shot, shot on run, improved precise shot, rapid reload, weapon focus crosebows, improved weapon focus crosebows, weapon specialization bows and crosebows, improved weapon specialization bows and crosebows. The archer needs to hafe all prequisites to get these feats. (note that fore the archer the prequisites fore weapon specialization and improved weapon specialization the are archer level 4 and archer level 12)

Kroy
2009-02-05, 08:40 PM
First off, Fax's Guide to Homebrewing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) for format and table. Upper case and bold every section (HD, Religion, etc.). And, You only have one proficiency section. sorry to sound like your sixth grade English teacher, but you need to make it appealing to the eye.

Edit: A spell check might also help.
Edit2: I'm being a hypocrite! I'm telling someone who doesn't speak English as a first language to spell right, while I spelled "Guide" wrong!

Tingel
2009-02-05, 08:52 PM
I advise against this. The array of your misspellings is so imposing and creative it has become art. A comprehensive spell check would rob your post of its charm.

Mando Knight
2009-02-05, 09:45 PM
I advise against this. The array of your misspellings is so imposing and creative it has become art. A comprehensive spell check would rob your post of its charm.

Almost like Middle English.

Gorgondantess
2009-02-05, 09:53 PM
Almost like Middle English.

My 1st thought at that was "ouch, that's a bit harsh"... but on closer inspection, it's actually eerily reminiscent of that time I read the original Canterbury tales. It's not bad english, it's yae oldee anglish.:smallamused:

Mando Knight
2009-02-05, 10:15 PM
My 1st thought at that was "ouch, that's a bit harsh"... but on closer inspection, it's actually eerily reminiscent of that time I read the original Canterbury tales. It's not bad english, it's yae oldee anglish.:smallamused:

That's exactly what I said. Middle English, like Gawain and the Green Knight and Canterbury Tales. ("Old" English is specifically even older than that... and is the language of Beowulf. You can usually stumble along in Middle English without extra study, but Old English is pretty much another language entirely, lacking much of the French influence that led to the current form of the language)

Dalek Zek
2009-02-05, 10:40 PM
First off, Fax's Gide to Homebrewing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) for format and table. Upper case and bold every section (HD, Religion, etc.). And, You only have one proficiency section. sorry to sound like your sixth grade English teacher, but you need to make it appealing to the eye.

It's a shame, but my computer cannot speel check in eglish. This combined with my dislectia leavs manny erros witch is why I tride to find someone els to tipe this in fore me but failed.

Dalek Zek
2009-02-05, 10:52 PM
First off, Fax's Gide to Homebrewing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) for format and table. Upper case and bold every section (HD, Religion, etc.). And, You only have one proficiency section. sorry to sound like your sixth grade English teacher, but you need to make it appealing to the eye.

How do I create these collems?

Kroy
2009-02-05, 10:55 PM
100% looted borrowed from Fax's guide to homebrewing.{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

2nd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

3rd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

4th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

5th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

6th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

7th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

8th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

9th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

10th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

11th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

12th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

13th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

14th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

15th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

16th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

17th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

18th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

19th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

20th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability[/table]

LordZarth
2009-02-05, 11:10 PM
It's a shame, but my computer cannot speel check in eglish. This combined with my dislectia leavs manny erros witch is why I tride to find someone els to tipe this in fore me but failed.

Ahh, you have dyslexia. Well, alright, Dalek. I have some other friends with dyslexia.

I realize that you might not realize this (it's kind of like explaining color to color-blind people), but your post is ridiculous. It's kind of like if someone running for mayor or president appeared on TV in pajamas. Your spelling creates a post which is actually laughable. From what I've seen, however, you classes are interesting and should gain interest and discussion--but I fear no one will take you seriously like this.

I will offer you this. If you want to do something like this, and post a big post (like a homebrew class or something), PM it to me and I'll fix the spelling. Format yourself, but within a day or two I'll PM you back the post and you can post it. If you want to do this, send me these posts and I'll fix 'em.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-05, 11:13 PM
There is a spellcheck on these very forums. It is in the top right of your text box, the ABC above a check. It should do it in english

Knaight
2009-02-06, 12:20 AM
Archer

A wandering knight, an elite bowman or mercenary. All may be an archer, warriors who prefer a fight at a distance rather than in melee. Some are part of a platoon, others are lone heroes and than there are some who are cowardly robbers.

Adventure : Archers see adventuring, war or combat as their job. They may follow a lord or king, be free spirits or ally themselves with other adventures. In all cases they prefer the back line, where the have an oversight and can support any melee warriors.

Characteristics : Archers trust their bows and develop quickly to a capable bowman. They are trained in all bows and crossbows and exceed in the use of them.

Alignment : Archers may have any alignment. Good archers are often supporting warriors in the fight against the forces of evil, while evil ones are usually assassins ore bush robbers. Lawful archers you can find in legions and chaotic once as travelers.

Religion : Archers have no specific religion. They may represent themselves as warriors for a God or Goddess ore they may just follow one to have something to pray to.

Background : Archers literally grow up with a bow. They focus their training completely on bows and crossbows, forsaking most melee weaponry. If need be they can use swords, but they will always stand stronger with a bow. Archers how turn to the discipline later in life are usually already fighters or rangers. The other way around some archers will multiclass to fighter or rangers to increase there options in combat.

Races : Archers are found amongst all races but mostly among elves, and rarely amongst dwarves. Humman archers are often part elf.

Other classes : Archers usually like working with fighters, paladins and barbarians or other warriors who will take the first line.

Role : The archer is the last line of the fight, overseeing the battlefield and determining who needs help most or looking to see if a new group of enemies is coming. Because of the great range of their weapon of choice they can react far faster than any swordsman to a new situation.

Archer
{table=head]level |BAB |fort |ref |will |special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|weapon focus bows*

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+2|
+0|bonus feat

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|fine shot I*

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|bonus feat

6th|
+6/1|
+2|
+5|
+2|strong shot I*

7th|
+7/2|
+2|
+5|
+2|

8th|
+8/3|
+2|
+6|
+2|bonus feat

9th|
+9/4|
+3|
+6|
+3|fine shot 2*

10th|
+10/5|
+3|
+7|
+3|fine shot II*

11th|
+11/6/1|
+3|
+7|
+3|bonus feat

12th|
+12/7/2|
+4|
+8|
+4|strong shot II*

13th|
+13/8/3|
+4|
+8|
+4|

14th|
+14/9/4|
+4|
+9|
+4|bonus feat

15th|
+15/10/5|
+5|
+9|
+5|

16th|
+16/11/6/1|
+5|
+10|
+5|fine shot III*

17th|
+17/12/7/2|
+5|
+10|
+5|bonus feat

18th|
+18/13/8/3|
+6|
+11|
+6|strong shot III*

19th|
+19/14/9/4|
+6|
+11|
+6|

20th|
+20/15/10/5|
+6|
+12|
+6|bonus feat[/table]

* The archer has only use of these feats as long as she wears light or no armor

Fine shot : This feat increases the Critical range of a bow if the archer wields it for each time the archer gains this feat (19-20 at level 4, 18-20 at level 10 an 17-20 at level 16) as long as she is within 30 feet of the target.

Strong shot : This increases the damage die a bow by 1 step if the archer wields it.

Table fore strong shot
{table=head][/b]type of bow[/b]|longbow|shortbow
1st|[center]6[center]|[center]1d10[center]|[center]1d8[center]
2nd|[center]12[center]|[center]3d4[center]|[center]2d6[center]
3rd|[center]18[center]|[center]3d6[center]|[center]2d8[center]

Class skills : concentration, spot, ride, climb, swim, proffesion, craft.
Skill points : 2 per level +int modifier, 4x(2+int modifier) at level 1

HD : 1d8

Armor proficiency : light
Weapon proficiency : all bows and crossbows, simple weapons

Bonus feats : improved critical bows and crossbows, mounted archery, point blank shot, far shot, precise shot, rapid shot, many shot, shot on run, improved precise shot, rapid reload, weapon focus crossbows, improved weapon focus crossbows, weapon specialization bows and crossbows, improved weapon specialization bows and crossbows. The archer needs to have all prerequisites to get these feats. (Note that for the archer the prerequisites for weapon specialization and improved weapon specialization the are archer level 4 and archer level 12)

All right, thats your post edited, cleaned up a bit, with the table mostly untouched. Just quote and copy it in your post.

Kroy
2009-02-06, 12:30 AM
The Archer

A wandering knight, an elite bowman or mercenary. All may be an archer, warriors who prefer a fight at a distance rather than in melee. Some are part of a platoon, others are lone heroes and than there are some who are cowardly robbers.

Adventure: Archers see adventuring, war or combat as their job. They may follow a lord or king, be free spirits or ally themselves with other adventures. In all cases they prefer the back line, where the have an oversight and can support any melee warriors.

Characteristics: Archers trust their bows and develop quickly to a capable bowman. They are trained in all bows and crossbows and exceed in the use of them.

Alignment: Archers may have any alignment. Good archers are often supporting warriors in the fight against the forces of evil, while evil ones are usually assassins ore bush robbers. Lawful archers you can find in legions and chaotic once as travelers.

Religion: Archers have no specific religion. They may represent themselves as warriors for a God or Goddess ore they may just follow one to have something to pray to.

Background: Archers literally grow up with a bow. They focus their training completely on bows and crossbows, forsaking most melee weaponry. If need be they can use swords, but they will always stand stronger with a bow. Archers how turn to the discipline later in life are usually already fighters or rangers. The other way around some archers will multiclass to fighter or rangers to increase there options in combat.

Races: Archers are found amongst all races but mostly among elves, and rarely amongst dwarves. Human archers are often part elf.

Other classes: Archers usually like working with fighters, paladins and barbarians or other warriors who will take the first line.

Role: The archer is the last line of the fight, overseeing the battlefield and determining who needs help most or looking to see if a new group of enemies is coming. Because of the great range of their weapon of choice they can react far faster than any swordsman to a new situation.

The Archer
{table=head]Level |BAB |Fort |Ref |Will |Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|weapon focus bows*

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+2|
+0|bonus feat

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|fine shot I*

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|bonus feat

6th|
+6/1|
+2|
+5|
+2|strong shot I*

7th|
+7/2|
+2|
+5|
+2|

8th|
+8/3|
+2|
+6|
+2|bonus feat

9th|
+9/4|
+3|
+6|
+3|fine shot 2*

10th|
+10/5|
+3|
+7|
+3|fine shot II*

11th|
+11/6/1|
+3|
+7|
+3|bonus feat

12th|
+12/7/2|
+4|
+8|
+4|strong shot II*

13th|
+13/8/3|
+4|
+8|
+4|

14th|
+14/9/4|
+4|
+9|
+4|bonus feat

15th|
+15/10/5|
+5|
+9|
+5|

16th|
+16/11/6/1|
+5|
+10|
+5|fine shot III*

17th|
+17/12/7/2|
+5|
+10|
+5|bonus feat

18th|
+18/13/8/3|
+6|
+11|
+6|strong shot III*

19th|
+19/14/9/4|
+6|
+11|
+6|

20th|
+20/15/10/5|
+6|
+12|
+6|bonus feat[/table]

Fine Shot: This feat increases the Critical range of a bow if the archer wields it for each time the archer gains this feat (19-20 at level 4, 18-20 at level 10 an 17-20 at level 16) as long as she is within 30 feet of the target.

Strong Shot: This increases the damage die a bow by 1 step if the archer wields it.

Table fore strong shot
{table=head]Type of Bow|Longbow|Shortbow
1st|
6|
1d10|
1d8
2nd|
12|
3d4|
2d6
3rd|
18|
3d6|
2d8[/table]

Class skills: concentration, spot, ride, climb, swim, profession, craft.
Skill points: 2 per level +int modifier, 4x(2+int modifier) at level 1

HD: 1d8

Proficiencies: The archer is proficient with all simple weapons, bows, and crossbows. The archer is also proficient with light armor.

Bonus feats: improved critical bows and crossbows, mounted archery, point blank shot, far shot, precise shot, rapid shot, many shot, shot on run, improved precise shot, rapid reload, weapon focus crossbows, improved weapon focus crossbows, weapon specialization bows and crossbows, improved weapon specialization bows and crossbows. The archer needs to have all prerequisites to get these feats. (Note that for the archer the prerequisites for weapon specialization and improved weapon specialization the are archer level 4 and archer level 12)

Alright, cleaned t up for the previous poster (who did most of the work, I just formatted).
Edit: Here's the actual code:
The Archer

Adventure: Archers see adventuring, war or combat as their job. They may follow a lord or king, be free spirits or ally themselves with other adventures. In all cases they prefer the back line, where the have an oversight and can support any melee warriors.

Characteristics: Archers trust their bows and develop quickly to a capable bowman. They are trained in all bows and crossbows and exceed in the use of them.

Alignment: Archers may have any alignment. Good archers are often supporting warriors in the fight against the forces of evil, while evil ones are usually assassins ore bush robbers. Lawful archers you can find in legions and chaotic once as travelers.

Religion: Archers have no specific religion. They may represent themselves as warriors for a God or Goddess ore they may just follow one to have something to pray to.

Background: Archers literally grow up with a bow. They focus their training completely on bows and crossbows, forsaking most melee weaponry. If need be they can use swords, but they will always stand stronger with a bow. Archers how turn to the discipline later in life are usually already fighters or rangers. The other way around some archers will multiclass to fighter or rangers to increase there options in combat.

Races: Archers are found amongst all races but mostly among elves, and rarely amongst dwarves. Human archers are often part elf.

Other classes: Archers usually like working with fighters, paladins and barbarians or other warriors who will take the first line.

Role: The archer is the last line of the fight, overseeing the battlefield and determining who needs help most or looking to see if a new group of enemies is coming. Because of the great range of their weapon of choice they can react far faster than any swordsman to a new situation.

The Archer
{table=head]Level |BAB |Fort |Ref |Will |Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+0|weapon focus bows*

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+2|
+0|bonus feat

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+1|fine shot I*

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+1|bonus feat

6th|
+6/1|
+2|
+5|
+2|strong shot I*

7th|
+7/2|
+2|
+5|
+2|

8th|
+8/3|
+2|
+6|
+2|bonus feat

9th|
+9/4|
+3|
+6|
+3|fine shot 2*

10th|
+10/5|
+3|
+7|
+3|fine shot II*

11th|
+11/6/1|
+3|
+7|
+3|bonus feat

12th|
+12/7/2|
+4|
+8|
+4|strong shot II*

13th|
+13/8/3|
+4|
+8|
+4|

14th|
+14/9/4|
+4|
+9|
+4|bonus feat

15th|
+15/10/5|
+5|
+9|
+5|

16th|
+16/11/6/1|
+5|
+10|
+5|fine shot III*

17th|
+17/12/7/2|
+5|
+10|
+5|bonus feat

18th|
+18/13/8/3|
+6|
+11|
+6|strong shot III*

19th|
+19/14/9/4|
+6|
+11|
+6|

20th|
+20/15/10/5|
+6|
+12|
+6|bonus feat[/table]

Fine Shot: This feat increases the Critical range of a bow if the archer wields it for each time the archer gains this feat (19-20 at level 4, 18-20 at level 10 an 17-20 at level 16) as long as she is within 30 feet of the target.

Strong Shot: This increases the damage die a bow by 1 step if the archer wields it.

Table fore strong shot
{table=head]Type of Bow|Longbow|Shortbow
1st|
6|
1d10|
1d8
2nd|
12|
3d4|
2d6
3rd|
18|
3d6|
2d8[/table]

Class skills: concentration, spot, ride, climb, swim, profession, craft.
Skill points: 2 per level +int modifier, 4x(2+int modifier) at level 1

HD: 1d8

Proficiencies: The archer is proficient with all simple weapons, bows, and crossbows. The archer is also proficient with light armor.

Bonus feats: improved critical bows and crossbows, mounted archery, point blank shot, far shot, precise shot, rapid shot, many shot, shot on run, improved precise shot, rapid reload, weapon focus crossbows, improved weapon focus crossbows, weapon specialization bows and crossbows, improved weapon specialization bows and crossbows. The archer needs to have all prerequisites to get these feats. (Note that for the archer the prerequisites for weapon specialization and improved weapon specialization the are archer level 4 and archer level 12)

Dalek Zek
2009-02-06, 12:37 AM

I belive I am starting to understand how this works. Thank you fore your help.

Kroy
2009-02-06, 12:41 AM
I belive I am starting to understand how this works. Thank you fore your help.

No problem, that's what the Playground is for.

Triaxx
2009-02-06, 09:23 AM
www.jarte.com Free with a great spell check.

On topic: Does strong shot also apply to crossbows?

Dalek Zek
2009-02-06, 04:26 PM
Ahh, you have dyslexia. Well, alright, Dalek. I have some other friends with dyslexia.

I realize that you might not realize this (it's kind of like explaining color to color-blind people), but your post is ridiculous. It's kind of like if someone running for mayor or president appeared on TV in pajamas. Your spelling creates a post which is actually laughable. From what I've seen, however, you classes are interesting and should gain interest and discussion--but I fear no one will take you seriously like this.

I will offer you this. If you want to do something like this, and post a big post (like a homebrew class or something), PM it to me and I'll fix the spelling. Format yourself, but within a day or two I'll PM you back the post and you can post it. If you want to do this, send me these posts and I'll fix 'em.

Thank you fore the offer, I hafe (if everything went alright) send you my knight class. Your help is ferry appreciatet.

Dalek Zek
2009-02-06, 04:39 PM
www.jarte.com Free with a great spell check.

On topic: Does strong shot also apply to crossbows?

I delibertly went fore the Robin Hood ore Thorgal kind of archer rather then the Willem Tell kind, becouse while anny one can learn to use a crosebow verry well in a few monts historicly longbows where the more powerfull weapons (with the english longbow as a pinical). But it takes years of training to get the upper boddy strenght and focus you need to master them, witch you do at about level 18. Reaching this level would also take you years of campaining so it helps with the realism. Stil there no real gamplay reason way the feats wont count fore crosebows. Espasly when your archer is a dwarf it makes sense, aswel as fore gnooms.

Knaight
2009-02-11, 01:18 AM
It kind of makes sense, on the other hand, 18th level is just truly ridiculous, and if your that good, you might as well use a sling, which were far more versatile and impressive than bows, but much, much harder to use. A simple weapon sling is an absurd concept, crossbows are point and shoot, bows harder at point, hold the arrow in a decent position, and let go without screwing any of this up, and slings were up there at move your entire body in a fluid motion, ending with a lot of power put into an arm(and later wrist) movement, which the sling dramatically helps, timing this shot and making the motion so as to release a sling stone(or pointy lead projectile) at a target. Not very easy, but if your good very, very, deadly. Crossbows real advantage was that they were easy to train people in, early guns more so, and bows more so than slings, and extending the class to all projectile weapons makes it more versatile.