PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Burlew, please help

Berserk Monk
2009-02-06, 12:13 AM
So the idea of this thread is pretty simple: my way of getting the giant's attention and asking him a simple question. I have to do this presentation on an artist for my drawing class, and I wanted to do Rich Burlew, but I can't find that much info on him. I've checked the wiki, but that isn't enough for a 15 min. presentation. So, if you're reading this Rich Burlew, I'd really appreciate it if you could help a D&D loving, illustration major, art student who wants to one day make comics and tell fantasy stories. I just need some info one your life, your experiences as an artist, your inspirations and influences, and any other info you might think will help me. The only way I can think to repay you with this is by:

-thanking you not only as a fan to an idol, but as a student to a mentor
-buying SoD and OtooPC*
-endorsing your work everyday of my life should I ever create a name for myself in the art world

So in summary, help me Rich Burlew, you're my only help

*Since I'm at art school, I don't really have money to spend on comic books. As you know, art supplies are expensive, but should I do a report I'll need some of your work, and it will be a good chance to buy these two prequel books I've wanted for awhile.

Vargtass
2009-02-06, 04:45 AM
I would advise you to ask your librarian to order the Order of the Stick books for you, and use the insights provided by the Giant in his book and chapter prefaces. Especially War & XPs presents the author's views and inspirations on storytelling, but all are good. For an Art Major, it should not be strange to have these books requested at the school's library.

Then, naturally, do not -repeat DO NOT - forget to acknowledge your helpful librarian, especially if you want good help in the future...