PDA

View Full Version : SR and SC Discussion: General

Silverraptor
2009-02-06, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone!

This is Silverraptor!

Me and SandyCaesar absolutly enjoy talking about Order of the Stick!

Bring up any VALID point about Order of the Stick and we will discuss and argue about it to come up with a logical conclusion.

Please keep it sensible and serious. We want to answer questions and find stuff we missed. We don't want jokes flopping up onto this Thread for no reason. Also, were not trying to be "masters" of the strip or anything, just Debate on issues.

1 More thing. If a Topic attracts our intrests enough. We'll add a new thread to be based upon that topic for all to debate over it.

So we Silverrapter and SandyCeasar are here.:smallbiggrin:

Kaytara
2009-02-06, 06:30 PM
Bwuh?

Ooookay. To put it bluntly... It's really nice to have new fellow fans and all, but what exactly makes you so special that you can't go and post in the actual threads discussing various topics like everyone else and expect people to deliberately bring things up instead? :smallconfused:

Silverraptor
2009-02-06, 06:35 PM
Bwuh?

Ooookay. To put it bluntly... It's really nice to have new fellow fans and all, but what exactly makes you so special that you can't go and post in the actual threads discussing various topics like everyone else and expect people to deliberately bring things up instead? :smallconfused:

Ok a good first post.

Well to tell the truth, we find many of these discussions getting a bit too wierd and people write a bunch of confusing issues.

We just want to discuss Order of the Stick in as much logical discussion as possible.

Does that answer your question?:smallconfused:

mikeejimbo
2009-02-06, 08:16 PM
OK... I have a question!

How do you feel about the presence or lack of Trolls in OOTS? I for one, feel there are too many. You?

Kaytara
2009-02-06, 08:55 PM
Ok a good first post.

Well to tell the truth, we find many of these discussions getting a bit too wierd and people write a bunch of confusing issues.

We just want to discuss Order of the Stick in as much logical discussion as possible.

Does that answer your question?:smallconfused:

Yep. ^^ Fine by me. :)

Good luck with the logical non-weird discussion... XD

Silverraptor
2009-02-06, 09:08 PM
OK... I have a question!

How do you feel about the presence or lack of Trolls in OOTS? I for one, feel there are too many. You?

Hmmm...well I can really think of only 1 time trolls were in OOTS, and that was the ships. Another time may have been when they left the small village to go after the starmetal and we aren't sure if they were trolls.

So what I feel about trolls is there is not too many in there.

mikeejimbo
2009-02-07, 01:09 AM
Hmmm...well I can really think of only 1 time trolls were in OOTS, and that was the ships. Another time may have been when they left the small village to go after the starmetal and we aren't sure if they were trolls.

So what I feel about trolls is there is not too many in there.

Ah, you may be right. See, I thought there were Trolls in an earlier strip but they turned out to be Ogres.

Optimystik
2009-02-08, 12:52 PM
Why not participate in one of the existing discussions? Not only would you be able to pick and choose the topics that interest you, but it would cut down on any clutter on the boards caused by arguments being duplicated across two threads.

Silverraptor
2009-02-08, 12:53 PM
Hey, question to you guys. Can the imp really get some other demon? After all he's just an imp and the only reason he had that demon in his employ was the victory over the card game they played. So can he summon another uber-powered demon?:smallconfused:

hamishspence
2009-02-08, 12:57 PM
summon, probably not. Contact, yes. Can he negotiate on behalf of more powerful devils and make promises that they will fulfil?- yes, if Fiendish Codex 2 is anything to go by.

Silverraptor
2009-02-08, 01:01 PM
summon, probably not. Contact, yes. Can he negotiate on behalf of more powerful devils and make promises that they will fulfil?- yes, if Fiendish Codex 2 is anything to go by.

ok thanks for that little enlightenment.:smallsmile:

hamishspence
2009-02-08, 01:04 PM
there is much detail on Pacts and what a hero can get from one. Imps, Erinyes and Harvester Devils are some of the devils who usually make the offers, on behalf of the Nine Hells, and the archdevils pay up when the deal is made.

NerfTW
2009-02-08, 05:49 PM
Hello everyone!

This is Silverraptor!

Me and SandyCaesar absolutly enjoy talking about Order of the Stick!

Bring up any VALID point about Order of the Stick and we will discuss and argue about it to come up with a logical conclusion.

Please keep it sensible and serious. We want to answer questions and find stuff we missed. We don't want jokes flopping up onto this Thread for no reason. Also, were not trying to be "masters" of the strip or anything, just Debate on issues.

1 More thing. If a Topic attracts our intrests enough. We'll add a new thread to be based upon that topic for all to debate over it.

So we Silverrapter and SandyCeasar are here.:smallbiggrin:

You do not understand the concept of a message board at all, do you? :smallconfused:

Silverraptor
2009-02-09, 04:46 PM
Well this is my first time on one, so I'm sorry if this thread is frowned upon.

mcv
2009-02-09, 05:15 PM
Good luck with the logical non-weird discussion... XD

Too late. I think it's already weird.

Also, I think we need more ogres.

TengYt
2009-02-09, 05:20 PM
Is this even allowed? If everyone here had their own private discussion topic then the board would get really out of hand...:smallconfused:

daggaz
2009-02-09, 05:34 PM
Sure its allowed...if by allowed you mean "doesnt flagrantly break any written forum rules" tho it might be argued its kinda close to "silly message board games" as that is what it is breaking down into (see point two.)

But if you mean "Does the OP have any power whatsoever to actually enforce this thread idea and keep people from hijacking it and answering questions themselves and inserting innane wierdness just for the spite of it etc" then ...no. It is not allowed by any of the natural laws of forum physics.

I am laughing pretty hard here.

I for one think trolls are awesome and there should be a scene where the party (minus V) is chased down by a regenerating troll.

Also, Quarr could easily have beaten another highpowered demon by cheating at the Order of the Schtick BoardGame, thus enabling him yet another highpowered summons.

Does anybody else think its high time the Giant made a My Little Pony gag? Or had a bad guy covered in babyarmor? Just imagine Belkar's response (hillarity ensues) and then V's reaction! (no more doubting his alignment after that one.)

Forealms
2009-02-09, 08:01 PM
Well, to at least encourage some "logical non-weird" discussion (if it even exists), I have a question to ponder:

Who do you think has contributed most to the story's success? Which characters would you like to see fleshed out more?

I, for one, would like to see more of Belkar's backstory. While I remember somewhere seeing the Giant saying that seeing what turned a person psychotic is not really going to be funny, I think it's safe to say that, for anyone who has read SoD,
(Which I haven't, but I've made some assumptions based on what I've read in the forums)
it's not all sunshine and lollipops.

xyzzy
2009-02-09, 08:44 PM
Well, to at least encourage some "logical non-weird" discussion (if it even exists), I have a question to ponder:

Who do you think has contributed most to the story's success? Which characters would you like to see fleshed out more?

I, for one, would like to see more of Belkar's backstory. While I remember somewhere seeing the Giant saying that seeing what turned a person psychotic is not really going to be funny, I think it's safe to say that, for anyone who has read SoD,
(Which I haven't, but I've made some assumptions based on what I've read in the forums)

Uh, SoD focuses on the villains. Belkar's backstory (along with those of the rest of the Order) are in OtOoPCs.

Noam
2009-02-10, 05:28 AM

I think that while Redcloack is supposed to be a guy we all hate to love, and Xykon is one we love to hate (and SoD makes you really, really hate Xykon and understand why Redcloack is the person he is, though he still remains a villain) Belkar is supposed to be evil, creepy but funny and light hearted at the same time. What you remember is Rich's commentary on OtOoPCs, where Rich explains why Belkar's backstory is so short. If we knew what made Belkar became the person he is, he would turn into a sad character instead of the comic relief character that (I think) he needs to be.

Personally, I would like to know more about Durkon. We're deep into the story, and Durkon is the one getting the least spot light by far. I think that this is partly the media's fault - in a book Rich could tell as how Durkon feels and what he thinks. In a comic it will feel awkward. I understand that Durkon is the silent guy, but still, I want Durkon to do more stuff. :durkon:

NerfTW
2009-02-10, 02:47 PM
Well this is my first time on one, so I'm sorry if this thread is frowned upon.

Well, it's not so much "frowned upon" as it is completely missing the point of a message board. On message boards, you start topics for specific things, not just one general "this is my thread" topic where people ask you questions. For starters, who are you and why do you need your own thread? This isn't Myspace or Facebook, this is a discussion board.

THIS forum is the general discussion forum. There's not reason to make a thread within it called "General Discussion" where everything is just crammed together in one mess of topics. That's what the seperate topics out there are for.

The fact that you SAW those other topics and understand why they're there, yet still made what is essentially a spam thread, shows you might really want to lurk more before posting.

Silverraptor
2009-02-11, 01:06 PM
Well, it's not so much "frowned upon" as it is completely missing the point of a message board. On message boards, you start topics for specific things, not just one general "this is my thread" topic where people ask you questions. For starters, who are you and why do you need your own thread? This isn't Myspace or Facebook, this is a discussion board.

THIS forum is the general discussion forum. There's not reason to make a thread within it called "General Discussion" where everything is just crammed together in one mess of topics. That's what the seperate topics out there are for.

The fact that you SAW those other topics and understand why they're there, yet still made what is essentially a spam thread, shows you might really want to lurk more before posting.

ok thanks for the advice. Now looking at it, I see the problem of free topics with no directions. I think that, yes, I should just hang around a bit until I find a topic that presents an issue with 2 sides that argue over it. Is there anyway that someone can delete a thread they posted or is it there until the Giant takes it down? If the latters the case, please ignore this thread.