PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: V is.... . . ..... lolz

Branco
2009-02-07, 02:42 AM
Ok, people listen.

This is my new Kampfthese: V's mate is a man. But they have weird terminolog, so thats why i think they are gay parents. And they have adopted a child.

Yeaaaaaaa, and btw: The dragon will kill them and do all kinds of **** to them and people will hate him and he will succeed and the imp will return and tell him to destroy all existence so this will never have happened to the unmistakeable V, whose father didnt love him!

You know, where Im getting at, guys, you know where im getting at.

Zeful
2009-02-07, 02:46 AM
The adopted kid theory would make much more sense in a world where gender reassignment isn't one spell a day (or less) away.

Optimystik
2009-02-08, 03:52 AM
The adopted kid theory would make much more sense in a world where gender reassignment isn't one spell a day (or less) away.

Two males carrying a child to term would require either casting Persistent Alter Self every morning (requiring a 8th level slot), or Polymorph Any Object (requiring a 9th level slot), or a Gender Belt to be worn at all times. Possible, but adoption would definitely be easier (and is supported by the fact that the children bear no resemblance to either parent.)

Hallavast
2009-02-08, 09:07 PM
Ok, people listen.

This is my new Kampfthese: V's mate is a man. But they have weird terminolog, so thats why i think they are gay parents. And they have adopted a child.
Not quite. The fact that the specific terms, "parent" and "other parent" are highlighted and noted to be "translated from Elven" gives the impression that the Elven language simply has no distinction between male and female parent. It's the specific emphasis on the "translated from Elven" that points towards this explanation. If the terminology was simply a result of being raised in a household that eschewed the need for such a distinction, there wouldn't be the emphasis on the language nuance. This is a brilliant dance around that particular problem in taking creative liscence with the language, btw. I love it.

You know, where Im getting at, guys, you know where im getting at.

I'm afraid I don't.

Ramidel
2009-02-08, 09:56 PM
Two males carrying a child to term would require either casting Persistent Alter Self every morning (requiring a 8th level slot), or Polymorph Any Object (requiring a 9th level slot), or a Gender Belt to be worn at all times. Possible, but adoption would definitely be easier (and is supported by the fact that the children bear no resemblance to either parent.)

Or being a 5th-level Master Transmogrifist.