PDA

View Full Version : Thief style paragons(PrC)

zad101
2006-09-27, 11:36 AM
Sneak Attack Paragon
BAB as rogue
Saves as rogue
Prereqs Sneak Attack +8d6
skills points 6+int mod
skills as Rogue

Abilities
Lvl
1 Sneak Attack +1d6, Antisocial
2 Sneak Attack +2d6
3 Sneak Attack +3d6, Sudden Sneak Attack
4 Sneak Attack +4d6
5 Superior invisibility 1/day

Antisocial- from now on add a bonus to Hide and Move Silently equal to half your rogue levels(round down). subtract the same amount from any Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Gather Information, and Perform checks.

Sudden Sneak Attack(ex)- You have master the art of decietful movements. once per enemy per encounter you may deny an opponent their dexterity bonus for one attack.

Superior Invisibilty(sp)- Your mastery of not being detected has manifested as a magical effect. as a spell-like ability you may use superior invisibility as per the spell(pg? Complete arcane) as a twentieth level caster.

--------------------------------------------
ok what do you think? Its my first PrC.
I'm planning on making more for the other rogue Archetypes after i get some feedback on this one.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-27, 04:13 PM
Whoa. Way too powerful, even for a semi-epic prereqs. the ability to get +12d6 damage with three attacks at twentieth level with the first full attack guaranteed due to insane move silently checks and invisibility for an obvious surprise round in your favor, and another free sneak attack with sudden sneak attack will end up in some very assassinated opponents. Now antisocial is a very well balanced skill in most parties, unless there happens to be a sorcerer in the party, but just about every other aspect of this class iis overpowered IMHO.

zad101
2006-09-27, 04:37 PM
all right i see what you're talking about and i was just about to revise the class because i realized it was too strong too.

so how about i take out the sneak attack at third level and change the fifth level ability to a quickened greater invisibilty that lasts for only one round

As for the next Archetype i was thinking

Silver Tongue
BAB as wizard
Saves as rogue
Prereqs: dimplomacy 18 ranks, Bluff 18 ranks, Gather Information 18 ranks, sneak attack +8d6
skill points 8+int mod
skills as rogue

Abilities
lvl
1 Social, Glib Tongue 1/day
2 Understanding
3 Glib Tongue 2/day
4 Smooth Talker
5 Glib Tongue 3/day, Social Savant

Abilities

Social(Ex)- Add a bonus of half your rogue levels rounded down to the following skill checks: Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Bluff. apply the same number as a penalty to the following checks: Hide and Move Silently

Glib Tongue(Sp)- the wording your suggestions are so powerful that they have a magical effect on those who listen. You may use Suggestion as per the spell as a spell-like ability 1/day (save DC is 13+Cha mod+Silver Tongue levels). this increases to 2/day at 3rd and 3/day at 5th.

Understanding(Su)- You act as if you were continually under the effects of a Tongues spell

Smooth Talker(Sp)- Your ability to ask for favors is unmatched. Once per week you may ask a person to do something for you and they will be effected as per the spell Geas/Quest (Save DC is equal to 16+ Cha mod+ Silver Tongue level)

Social Savant(Ex)- Your mastery over the non-magical spoken word has given you much insight into the workings of society. You may now take a 10 on any Diplomacy, Bluff, or Gather Information check you make.

zad101
2006-09-28, 02:21 PM
I'm not dead yet. *bump*