PDA

View Full Version : The Hardcore Lurker Thread

Pearl
2009-02-07, 01:13 PM
I've had a membership here for about four years. But I post on a basis so infrequent that you'd probably have to measure it in months. Most of the time I'm content to read these great forums and rebuttal posts I disagree with in my head. As a consequence, I know more about these boards than many casual posters, but far less than those who know the in-jokes and participate in Playground Periphery like the Town or AMEN and HALO (Whatever those are).

This thread, therefore, is for those who would under ordinary circumstances not post. I'm curious to know how alone I am in my utter passive position here. Who else is content just to observe here?

(And just how creepy am I... who recognizes many of you without ever having posted in the same thread as you?)

Sneak
2009-02-07, 01:27 PM
I tend to go into periods of lurking every once in a while. Usually during the week, when I don't have as much time.

People tend to think I'm just gone, but I'm there. I just don't post.

Em Blackleaf
2009-02-07, 01:32 PM
Lately, I've been making it a point to find something to post in every time I come here. But for a while, I was a major lurker.

Like, I'd even think of something to post, but then I thought, "That's stupid, no one will care, don't post it." I dunno what was wrong with me then. Now I pretty much post whatever I want. :smalltongue:

wadledo
2009-02-07, 01:35 PM
Lately, I've been making it a point to find something to post in every time I come here. But for a while, I was a major lurker.

Like, I'd even think of something to post, but then I thought, "That's stupid, no one will care, don't post it." I dunno what was wrong with me then. Now I pretty much post whatever I want. :smalltongue:

And we like you all the more for it.

I just post whenever I feel like it.
I mostly stay within my subscriptions, but occasionally I make a snarky comment in something I've never posted in before.

Khaeta
2009-02-07, 01:42 PM
i lurk lots. i post a lot on a few threads, and sometimes ill post on a thread for a bit and then get bored. i have some days where i post a lot, and others where i can't think of anything to say...

TRM
2009-02-07, 01:43 PM
I've had a membership here for about four years. But I post on a basis so infrequent that you'd probably have to measure it in months. Most of the time I'm content to read these great forums and rebuttal posts I disagree with in my head. As a consequence, I know more about these boards than many casual posters, but far less than those who know the in-jokes and participate in Playground Periphery like the Town or AMEN and HALO (Whatever those are).

This thread, therefore, is for those who would under ordinary circumstances not post. I'm curious to know how alone I am in my utter passive position here. Who else is content just to observe here?

(And just how creepy am I... who recognizes many of you without ever having posted in the same thread as you?)
Your join date says that you didn't join until March 2008. That was only last year. =O Scandal.

I was a major lurker for the first couple years that I was here, now I am a semi-regular. I read more than I post, but that's okay—other people are more interesting than I am. I pretty much post if I feel moved to, or have a juicy piece of snark that I need to get out of my system.

I've been "around" a very long time, so I know all about everyone. It's kind of creepy how much I know.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-07, 01:46 PM
I don't think I'm in the right thread? Am I?

:smalltongue:

TRM
2009-02-07, 01:46 PM
I don't think I'm in the right thread? Am I?

NO.

nonononono. You're not.

Em Blackleaf
2009-02-07, 01:50 PM
And we like you all the more for it.
Posts like this also get me to post more. :smallsmile:

@V: Aw. That too.

TRM
2009-02-07, 01:51 PM
Posts like this also get me to post more. :smallsmile:
And we'll like you more and more every time you post.

Like that?

Pearl
2009-02-07, 01:51 PM
Your join date says that you didn't join until March 2008. That was only last year. =O Scandal.

I was a major lurker for the first couple years that I was here, now I am a semi-regular. I read more than I post, but that's okay—other people are more interesting than I am. I pretty much post if I feel moved to, or have a juicy piece of snark that I need to get out of my system.

I've been "around" a very long time, so I know all about everyone. It's kind of creepy how much I know.

This is my second account, as the first one I opened was with a friend who lost interest.

I feel the same way sometimes, that most people here bring their style with them and are a lot more interesting to read than my own thoughts. Other times I'm playing a videogame at the same time and just need something to read.

Ultimately though, I like lurking, and once this whimsical little thread dies I'll almost certainly just return to it.

And yeah, I recognized Sneak, Em, Wadledo, and dallas-dakota as they posted. I feel creepy.

LordZarth
2009-02-07, 01:53 PM
ME! Actually, I do post a fair amount now, but you'd never guess the actual time I'm on this forum. I get on to check the threads every 30 to 60 minutes once I'm home from school :)

FdL
2009-02-07, 01:56 PM
I don't think it's worth it to be in a forum to just read things and never post. I'm sure you have an opinion about the things you read about, or want to say things to the users you so recognize from their posts.

You should simply start posting more instead of replying to stuff you read in your head, OP.

Mordokai
2009-02-07, 02:24 PM
Despite making it to Ogre, I'm somewhat of a lurker myself. Most of my posts are in the lower half of the forum, where posts don't count. I guess my fame comes from my avatars and me being more silly than it's entirely healthy :smallbiggrin:

And yeah, I'm content with reading myself and don't usually have much to say. Guess that's why I'm only an Ogre. So I'm your not-so-traditional lurker :smallsmile:

Kneenibble
2009-02-07, 02:57 PM
Your action on the lower half always counts with me, Mordokakunai.

Haruki-kun
2009-02-07, 03:04 PM
Most of my posts are in the lower half of the forum, where posts don't count. I guess my fame comes from my avatars and me being more silly than it's entirely healthy :smallbiggrin:

Ditto.

But I lurked only for like 5 seconds before joining and starting to participate. It's just really hard for me to sit quietly in a conversation without saying anything, and that's what forums are supposed to simulate. Hence, I'm pretty quick to post.

Post too stupid? I don't really care. No one will care? Still don't care. 's long as I'm here....

:elan: I'm participating!

On the other hand, I've lurked for a few seconds in other forums where I didn't even make an account.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-02-07, 03:29 PM
I do far more looking than posting these days. For a long time I was quite active, and participated a lot in SMBG, but haven't done any WW games in quite some time. The main reason I probably don't post as much is that, I just don't find near the topics I actually care to post in anymore.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-07, 03:38 PM
Eh, aren't you dutch?
You should come to the next meet-up, whenever that is....

Also, I've had that with FB and AC a lot for some time now.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-02-07, 03:53 PM
I used to lurk alot.

Hell, I still do.

But not as much as I used to. Now I post several times a day, mainly because of LoC.

Leper_Kahn
2009-02-07, 03:59 PM
I used to post a lot. As you can see my account is pretty old, and I was around when the old forums were still in use. However, these days I feel like whatever I post I don't really contribute much since someone else tends to get to my point before me.

In fact some of the people that posted here might remember me. Not sure though. :smalltongue:

@v :smallredface: <3
Thanks that meant a lot to me.

InaVegt
2009-02-07, 04:04 PM
I used to post a lot. As you can see my account is pretty old, and I was around when the old forums were still in use. However, these days I feel like whatever I post I don't really contribute much since someone else tends to get to my point before me.

In fact some of the people that posted here might remember me. Not sure though. :smalltongue:

I do remember you.

PhoeKun
2009-02-07, 04:50 PM
I feel alienated from most of the boards (this wasn't always true), so I don't post a lot these days. But I still find a lot of the topics interesting, so I stick about and read.

Occasionally, I can be bothered to post. It usually goes unheralded and ignored, and then I feel justified in not posting. But sometimes, things go better. Which is, in a nutshell both why I lurk and why I'm still here, respectively.

eidreff
2009-02-07, 05:16 PM
I don't post a lot, mainly its one liners or awful jokes.

There have been long spells where I've bin silent also for various reasons.

Why the feeling of alienation Phoe?

InaVegt
2009-02-07, 05:22 PM
I feel alienated from most of the boards (this wasn't always true), so I don't post a lot these days. But I still find a lot of the topics interesting, so I stick about and read.

Occasionally, I can be bothered to post. It usually goes unheralded and ignored, and then I feel justified in not posting. But sometimes, things go better. Which is, in a nutshell both why I lurk and why I'm still here, respectively.

*hugs Phoe*

The problem is, I think, that because you post so little, many of the newer members don't recognize you, which means they are less likely to respond to your posts.

The best solution would be just to start posting again, we still know you, and the newer posters may yet learn to know you in time.

The Orange Zergling
2009-02-07, 05:32 PM
I used to post like mad, until a little while after the board switched from YaBB to vBulletin (I somehow became locked out of my old account and had to make a new one after the switch). Nowadays I only make a couple posts per day, if that, and I generally stay to Gaming (Other) and SMBG with the occasional venture into Friendly Banter. Precisely why I stopped, I'm not sure, although I have a few suspicions. Seems like every time I try to get motivated to post more, I lose interest... ah well, it comes and goes, I guess.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-07, 05:47 PM

I remember you, even though I think you stopped posting a long time ago.
Welcome back, hopefully.^^

I remember you, partly from the shipping thread, partly from other random stuff and I think you participated in some of the Iron Poet contests too, right?
And what Ina here said.

Occasional Sage
2009-02-07, 05:51 PM

Actually, I've missed seeing you post. I don't post much myself (generally a glut of posts in a day, then several days away), but you've always had good things to say. Come back to the dark side!

Nychta
2009-02-07, 05:51 PM

YES! I remember you! From SMBG!
^^

I lurked for ages before I joined, and then some.
And even now I don't post much anymore.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-07, 05:57 PM
YES! I remember you! From SMBG!
^^

I lurked for ages before I joined, and then some.
And even now I don't post much anymore.
Yes, and I miss you. You should post more.

Amiria
2009-02-07, 05:58 PM
Although I post frequently (really, virtually daily) in the SMBGs (although not as much as in the days of yore), I see myself mainly as a lurker. Since I don't actively play D&D anymore I also don't really (very rarely) post in the Roleplaying Games section anymore.

So I lurk, watch out for the rare thread outside the SMBGs where I dare to voice my opinion. I'm quite shy, probably too much, yeah certainly too much. I mean I was very good in English in school and even studied it for some semesters as a second major ... but I still feel unsecure. :smalleek:

Oh, and Play-by-Post games. That's what keeps me here and posting too, currently two active.

My degree of familiarity, maybe even fame on this boards stems mainly from my avatars, I guess. I really had some luck with Chris the Pontifex and Ink so that their artwork made me something of a minor celeb for some here.

Wandiya
2009-02-07, 06:05 PM
Actually, I've missed seeing you post. I don't post much myself (generally a glut of posts in a day, then several days away), but you've always had good things to say. Come back to the dark side! You forgot to offer the cookies!!!:smallfurious::smalltongue::smallwink:
In other news I'm kinda a lurker with reading threads before i joined posting. i still stick mainly to gaming other and SMBG with the games like word association or what are you listening to.
EDIT: and i'm kinda shy so i don't get into WW games or AMEN or those things:smallannoyed::smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-07, 06:08 PM
Although I post frequently (really, virtually daily) in the SMBGs (although not as much as in the days of yore), I see myself mainly as a lurker. Since I don't actively play D&D anymore I also don't really (very rarely) post in the Roleplaying Games section anymore.

So I lurk, watch out for the rare thread outside the SMBGs where I dare to voice my opinion. I'm quite shy, probably too much, yeah certainly too much. I mean I was very good in English in school and even studied it for some semesters as a second major ... but I still feel unsecure. :smalleek:

Oh, and Play-by-Post games. That's what keeps me here and posting too, currently two active.

My degree of familiarity, maybe even fame on this boards stems mainly from my avatars, I guess. I really had some luck with Chris the Pontifex and Ink so that their artwork made me something of a minor celeb for some here.
Hey, you're welcome to post in the D2 LoD thread(there's a new one, called the d2 lod optimisation thread) anytime.
I quite enjoyed playing it with you.
Not to mention that we already interact sometimes in SMBG.

Dumbledore lives
2009-02-07, 06:12 PM
I lurk a lot though I still post quite a bit. I spend about 5 hours every day looking at different posts, and occasionally commenting. I keep saying I'll post more but I really think about my post too much, and end up not posting.

PhoeKun
2009-02-07, 06:23 PM
*hugs Phoe*

The problem is, I think, that because you post so little, many of the newer members don't recognize you, which means they are less likely to respond to your posts.

The best solution would be just to start posting again, we still know you, and the newer posters may yet learn to know you in time.

That might be part of the issue, but I'm not sure. I don't really feel like I fit the "mold" of a typical playgrounder anymore, and I think that hurts me. Not entirely sure I could put it into words...

*shrugs* Maybe I'll dust off the keyboard and try again.

Dogmantra
2009-02-07, 06:38 PM
I lurk... a lot.

I generally spend an hour a day (at least) reading the forums (mostly d20 and other gaming) but I think I've clicked "back" thinking "no, that's stupid and pointless" more times than I've actually posted.

It's odd, because on another forum I joined (although I did join as soon as they started up a new one, the old one was plagued with spambots...) I got about 1000 posts in a couple of weeks.

Khaeta
2009-02-07, 06:40 PM
@PhoeKun: Sounds like you need to re-affirm contact with your inner geek again :smallbiggrin:

And i don't know what to do sometimes either. I don't post in a regular pattern, maybe a lot one day and the next and then none for a week, so i don't do any PbP games or anything like that to take my time.

eidreff
2009-02-07, 06:43 PM
Snip... I don't really feel like I fit the "mold" of a typical playgrounder anymore, ...snip

Make a new mold, or we could make one for you!

Toastkart
2009-02-07, 06:55 PM
I only post now and again, but I enjoy reading a lot.

Recaiden
2009-02-07, 06:57 PM
That might be part of the issue, but I'm not sure. I don't really feel like I fit the "mold" of a typical playgrounder anymore, and I think that hurts me. Not entirely sure I could put it into words...

*shrugs* Maybe I'll dust off the keyboard and try again.

You should. And we have a mold? :frown: Really? Even if we do, you don't need to fit it. Ignore it, or better, break it in little bits.

Desidus
2009-02-07, 07:18 PM
Where can I claim my kingship for lurking? I stopped being a pixie... only a couple months ago, and I visit almost every day.

Charity
2009-02-07, 07:48 PM

Your English has always been spot on missus.
I miss the old SMBG, I never play them anymore, apart from the gaming section where I like to get myself in trouble, I rarely post these days, my post count keeps on going down soon I'll be a ghost.

Mordokai
2009-02-07, 08:15 PM
Your action on the lower half always counts with me, Mordokakunai.

You know how to flatter, I'll say that much :smallwink:

Mr. Mud
2009-02-07, 08:19 PM
I have periods where I'll lurk for weeks, then come back and post 100 in a week, and then go back to lurking. It's a problem really :smallfrown:... By the way I'm back now for awhile guys!

</lurk>

Llama231
2009-02-07, 08:27 PM
I was lurking for a long time here before I made an account, and started doing voting-related threads.

Dispozition
2009-02-07, 08:29 PM
I've been lurking more and more for about 2 years now...The majority of my posts are in one or two main FB threads and the A&C section now. I'm blaming school and other interests. When I leave school I'll probably get back into GitP a bit more, but for now, it's mainly lurking for me :<

Player_Zero
2009-02-07, 08:36 PM
I'm in every thread of every subforum. I only post here mostly.

Overlord Nicy
2009-02-07, 08:51 PM
Is....is....is it safe to come out and post.....?
I can't think of a good joke.......
...I'll just go hide again.

Trog
2009-02-07, 09:19 PM
:smallbiggrin: Phoe! Amiria! Diz! *Ker-huggles*

Here... help me set up this blind. This is -the- perfect spot. And *shhhhh* be vewwy vewwy quiet. Trog's hunting lurkers. Haahaahaahaahaaha– *is suddenly crushed by a huge creature posing as the ceiling*

Khaeta
2009-02-07, 09:51 PM
Hey! That's not very nice! Lurkers have feelings too! *sets up a troglodyte blind just in case*

CMOTDibbler
2009-02-07, 10:02 PM
I come in and sit down. "Hi, I'm CMOT, and I'm a Lurker."

Yarram
2009-02-07, 10:22 PM
I R LURKER!
Can't you tell? Just check ma post count. It says it all for me.

And I got that cool join date as well.

Neko Toast
2009-02-08, 12:39 AM
I never used to be much of a lurker, but now that I've been hanging out in my friend's room a lot, I don't have the time to post. If her room had the campus wireless available, I would just haul my laptop down there and post.

Recaiden
2009-02-08, 12:50 AM
I was a lurker for a long time before I joined.

Exeson
2009-02-08, 06:08 AM
Yeh. I used to be really active, then I kind of dropped away and now just lurk. It was actually mt nomination for Werewolf ITP that got me posting again.

Thing is usually when I have something to say about a discussion, because I'm one of those horrid people who likes to read a whole thread before posting, someone has usually said what I was going to say so I feel no need to mention it again.

Krytha
2009-02-08, 06:24 AM
I lurked for a few years before I signed on the forums. I actually post less than I used to..

Smeik
2009-02-08, 07:04 AM
[comes out of lurking]
Here, I am a Hardcore Lurker. So much I had to request a new password just to write this post.

Summer last year I tried to become active here because I think this forum is one of the most awesome places in the Internet filled with really nice people.

But somehow I wasn't able to really get myself to posting here regularly. Not because of the other posters, but because I just... don't know.
One of the reasons was that because I am German I consider myself to be absolutely bad and always felt bad for all the native englishspeakers having to read the crap I write.

But I still think this forum is one of the most relaxed places in the internet so i got back to lurking and the Playground teached me how to become a better geek. I got into comics because if this forum and have discovered even more awesome metal bands than I knew before I looked into the metal thread (thanks guys over there).

But as I still am not a complete geek (I haven't touched A D&D book in my whole life, I only play weirder roleplays) there are so many places in this forum where I can't post that I just shy away from posting alltogether. Oh well, I believe I should just pick myself up and start to post where I think my opinion might be even in the slightiest way relevant...

Gah! Another problem is that whenever I post I seem to generate a wall of text...
[/goes back to lurking]

Elm11
2009-02-08, 07:16 AM
I don't know, i'm not really old enough on the forums to be a lurker, but i don't post much, yet read alot. and i always get sad 'coz i see people like dallas and fax get so much attention :smallfrown: but i'll get recognisable one day. :smallfrown::smallsmile::smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-08, 07:30 AM
I don't know, i'm not really old enough on the forums to be a lurker, but i don't post much, yet read alot. and i always get sad 'coz i see people like dallas and fax get so much attention :smallfrown: but i'll get recognisable one day. :smallfrown::smallsmile::smallbiggrin:
Hey, I just spend way to much time posting on these forums....

And Fax has some certainly magnificent homebrew....

Rettu Skcollob
2009-02-08, 10:03 AM
(At the risk of this turning into 4Chan...)

Don't worry Lurkers, Courage Wolf is with you!

http://i39.tinypic.com/20r9pjl.png

:smallbiggrin:

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-02-08, 10:31 AM
*raises a hand*

By definition wouldn't the hardcore lurker never even consider posting in this thread? Just saying...

Vonriel
2009-02-08, 02:20 PM
Bad Tribble! Stop it with the logic and stuff. Don't you see, there's a dwarf posting in here with a join date back in 2006! :smalltongue:

As for me...

seems to sum up why I slowed down on my posting. I still watch you guys, it's just not as fun to actually say anything any more.

Y'know, outside the one forum I still actively post in, where I only really post in a thread or two and browse the rest.

PhoeKun
2009-02-08, 03:06 PM
What does it say about me that the first time I can remember someone quoting me and saying "yeah, this" is in reference to why I don't enjoy posting anymore? :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-08, 04:55 PM
Would writing ships starring you help you post?:smallwink:

I would come back to the shipping thread, just for you.

Milanius
2009-02-08, 05:04 PM
I've debated with myself whether to post in here or not. That should be some indicator about how hard it is for me at times to post/talk/express own opinions without fear of being ridiculed or berated.

PhoeKun
2009-02-08, 05:20 PM
Would writing ships starring you help you post?:smallwink:

I would come back to the shipping thread, just for you.

Honestly, I don't know. I'm very flattered...

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-08, 05:30 PM
Phoe, when I first joined under my QoM account, you were one of the biggest Playgrounders.
In my mind, you'll always be the mythical Phoe I adore, and I'll always fangirl over you and Reina <3

PhoeKun
2009-02-08, 08:08 PM
Phoe, when I first joined under my QoM account, you were one of the biggest Playgrounders.
In my mind, you'll always be the mythical Phoe I adore, and I'll always fangirl over you and Reina <3

Awwww... thanks. You're making me blush... :smallredface:

Trog
2009-02-08, 10:29 PM
Hey! That's not very nice! Lurkers have feelings too! *sets up a troglodyte blind just in case*

*climbs out from under the ceiling creature*
Troglodyte blind? Hmm... well Trog guesses fair's fair. Good thing you didn't put any female decoys out or Trog would be mounted faster that you can sat "helloooo nurse." *puffs Coffin Nail*

Wait... That came out wrong.

Omicroncubed
2009-02-09, 11:25 AM
Uhh... It took me a long time just to decide if I should post here or not.
And an hour to actually publish this post, is that even normal!?
Yeah, you might recognize me from the fancomics section. I stopped lurking and joined ABR. Time passed, fancomics went up and so did my comic. Then started my loooong period of lurking again. The only time I post anymore is probably once a week and that post goes on the Endless comic thread too.

I've considered posting on some threads, but then I just think "is this really a good idea?" and stop myself. I think I know why though:
1) I guess I don't know the playground well enough to actually post,*
2) I'm a really shy person and
3) I'm afraid I might sound like a jerk sometimes,
which makes me really nervous if I start posting and end up not posting like I said earlier. :smallsigh:
*I admit, I don't even know the folks at ABR too well either.
Phew... I guess now that I've got that on this thread, I'll take a while to recover... Seriously, I was really really nervous when I was writing this post.

Vonriel
2009-02-09, 12:17 PM
What does it say about me that the first time I can remember someone quoting me and saying "yeah, this" is in reference to why I don't enjoy posting anymore? :smalltongue:

It says that you have a terrible memory. :smallwink:

Hehehe, troglodyte blind.. that amuses me. :smallbiggrin:

Dragonrider
2009-02-09, 12:50 PM

:O
:smalleek:

I NEVER EVER have connected you with QoM. I feel stoopid now. :smalltongue:

@Phoe: I think you're better-known than you realize. Anyway, you were an integral part of the forums in my early Playground days...and Dis, and a buncha other people I've noticed in this thread.

I've only ever posted in FB and in Shipping - and I haven't read shipping in three months cuz I have a life now. :smallsigh: I've lurked more lately, but only because I NEEDZ to keep in touch with you guys and most of the time I don't have the energy to muster a coherent post.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-09, 12:59 PM
:O
:smalleek:

I NEVER EVER have connected you with QoM. I feel stoopid now. :smalltongue:

@Phoe: I think you're better-known than you realize. Anyway, you were an integral part of the forums in my early Playground days...and Dis, and a buncha other people I've noticed in this thread.

I've only ever posted in FB and in Shipping - and I haven't read shipping in three months cuz I have a life now. :smallsigh: I've lurked more lately, but only because I NEEDZ to keep in touch with you guys and most of the time I don't have the energy to muster a coherent post.
Also NaNo thread.:smallwink:

banjo1985
2009-02-10, 06:08 AM
I've considered posting on some threads, but then I just think "is this really a good idea?" and stop myself. I think I know why though:
1) I guess I don't know the playground well enough to actually post,*
2) I'm a really shy person and
3) I'm afraid I might sound like a jerk sometimes,
which makes me really nervous if I start posting and end up not posting like I said earlier. :smallsigh:
*I admit, I don't even know the folks at ABR too well either.
Phew... I guess now that I've got that on this thread, I'll take a while to recover... Seriously, I was really really nervous when I was writing this post.

Hey, I remember you! You were very nice and complimentary of my long deceased fancomic, you didn't seem like a jerk at all. Just saying. :smallbiggrin:

Almn
2009-02-10, 06:59 AM
*Luuuurks*

And I wish I had an internet. Us lurkers are very internet deprived.

Nameless
2009-02-10, 06:59 AM
I've been here for 2 years, does that make me HardXCore br00t47?

Dragonrider
2009-02-10, 11:59 AM
I've been here for 2 years, does that make me HardXCore br00t47?

A year and five months, man :smallamused:

Omicroncubed
2009-02-11, 02:11 AM
Hey, I remember you! You were very nice and complimentary of my long deceased fancomic, you didn't seem like a jerk at all. Just saying. :smallbiggrin:

Ah, yes, Whitefeather. One of my favourite fancomics in the Playground ever. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Oh, I hope I'm not going too much out of topic here :smallredface:

snoopy13a
2009-02-11, 02:35 AM
*raises a hand*

By definition wouldn't the hardcore lurker never even consider posting in this thread? Just saying...

I suppose some hardcore lurkers don't even have accounts to post with :smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-02-12, 07:54 AM
A year and five months, man :smallamused:

It feels longer. ._.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-02-12, 09:49 AM
Hmm. I lurk around the FB Thread a lot, but I'm a frequenter of the PbP Forums. I've probably posted as much in the last two hours in the Arts/Crafts and FB forums that I normally would in any other forums except PbP in a handful of months, if it weren't for Serpentine and her femin- ... Masculine wiles.

Sneak
2009-02-12, 09:52 AM
...I just realized that I was lurking in this thread. So I decided to come out and post. :smalltongue:

Don't really have much to say, other than that.

Probably should've stuck with the lurking... :smalltongue:

Vizen
2009-02-12, 12:43 PM
Well, I'm done reading the thread now...I guess ill post. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah I tend to visit a couple of sections of the forums frequently, find some interesting reading material, then go again before leaving a comment.

Maybe I should post more often. =/

Dragonrider
2009-02-12, 01:15 PM
...I just realized that I was lurking in this thread. So I decided to come out and post. :smalltongue:

Don't really have much to say, other than that.

Probably should've stuck with the lurking... :smalltongue:

Sneaky man, you may think you're a lurker, but you're NOT. :smallamused: You talk too much for a lurker. :smallwink:

North
2009-02-12, 11:16 PM
I pretty rarely post anymore. But its more of a not enough time issue. Cant goof off here as much as I used to.

Da King
2009-02-14, 06:11 PM
I don't post often at all, maybe 3 posts a month here. I have not been doing much reading on the forum lately.

Iethloc
2009-02-14, 06:35 PM
I started reading OotS around comic #130 (how long ago was that?), and read the forums shortly afterward. Then eventually I registered, and only posted slightly more often than I did before I could even post.

I post more often these days, but I still mostly lurk. I'm just very reclusive.

Lurk-Sothoth
2009-02-14, 06:55 PM
Hardcore lurkers, you say? My very user name reflects this! :smalltongue:

A few months after I started reading OOTS, I found myself reading the forums on a regular basis. It helps me when I'm jonesing for new comics (which can happen even when comics are being posted every few days), and while I roll my eyes at some of the absurd rules-lawyering and other YOU CAN'T DO THAT responses to Mr. Burlew's choices with his own damn comic, as a non-D&D player I also appreciate the "technical" insight into how certain things would work out in a D&D-like world. Like, what spells or weapons would be most effective in a certain situation, or what, barring massive house rules, absolutely would not fly.

Following some of the usual debate threads, I decided to create my own account here just in case I felt like I absolutely HAD to offer my own $0.02. But I really prefer to lurk... in fact, I read the OOTS section of the board almost every day! I'M ON UR BOARD, LURKING IN UR THREDZ.

Kjata
2009-02-14, 07:47 PM
I lurked on this forum for a year before I even registered... Now I have 450 posts over the last 2 years. Seriously, I found this forum in January 2006.

Vonriel
2009-02-15, 07:40 PM
... I read the OOTS section of the board almost every day! I'M ON UR BOARD, LURKING IN UR THREDZ.

You're a madman! A MADMAN! Quick, I need a straight-jacket for Mr. Lurk, before the crazy comes out. Reading the OotS forum, what will they think of next... :smalltongue:

Greep
2009-02-17, 01:16 PM
*raises a hand*

ah, see the solution for THAT is easy.

Hey all those lurking. Yomama's so fat Jaba the hut said daaayaaaamn.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-17, 01:45 PM
I pretty rarely post anymore. But its more of a not enough time issue. Cant goof off here as much as I used to.
I miss mah North.:smallfrown: