PDA

View Full Version : Prediction of V's gender non-disclosure (spoilers)

SteveDJ
2009-02-07, 01:18 PM
Wait people! This is NOT another thread trying to predict and justify a gender for V -- no, this is quite the opposite! I'm predicting how V's gender will continue to be a mystery...

I predict that through some means or another (perhaps via the imp?) V will be/get transported to hir home. Upon arrival, V's kids will be home with a babysitter (as this prediction doesn't work so well if V's mate is there). The kids will announce the arrival of V, but instead of revealing V's gender, I predict:

The kids will annouce either "Father, you've returned..." or "Mother, you've returned..." but alas, due to some sort of obstruction (dragon's speech balloon, or other object), the first part of the kid's exclamation will be covered (the "Fa" or the "Mo") so that we just see "...ther, you've returned..." :smallannoyed:

This would be quite reasonable, and perhaps what Rich might in fact do. Or, here is an alternative, which would offer much more humor:

One child will annouce "Father..." while the other child announces "Mother...". They will then begin arguing about who is right - revealing that even they don't know V's gender! :smallamused:

Zerg Cookie
2009-02-07, 02:02 PM
If there will be a babysitter there, the kids might say "father/mother. you've returned", and in the nextt panel, we'll see that V's mate has also returned

Zombie of tap
2009-02-07, 03:34 PM
How will V get there before the kids......*twitch*......die?

Optimystik
2009-02-07, 03:44 PM
How will V get there before the kids......*twitch*......die?

There are several possibilities:

1) The dragon has a Bond Villain moment upon arrival,
2) V's mate is a powerful adventurer (ranger or druid?) himself,
3) The fear aura has the children flee at top speed, while the dragon leisurely pursues knowing that V can't teleport.

Any of these give V time to team up with Qarr and arrive on the scene moments behind the vengeful BDM.

Mando Knight
2009-02-07, 04:55 PM
They'll probably continue to call V and V's Mate by the names Parent and Other Parent, with the subject of the conversation being made apparent by context rather than by explicitly stating it.

Zombie of tap
2009-02-07, 06:01 PM
There are several possibilities:

1) The dragon has a Bond Villain moment upon arrival,
2) V's mate is a powerful adventurer (ranger or druid?) himself,
3) The fear aura has the children flee at top speed, while the dragon leisurely pursues knowing that V can't teleport.

Any of these give V time to team up with Qarr and arrive on the scene moments behind the vengeful BDM.
glad I'm not the only person in denial:smallbiggrin:

Carnivorous_Bea
2009-02-07, 06:12 PM
SteveDJ, even though I'm convinced that V is 'he' and the mate is 'her,' I'd have to say that I'm hoping for your second spoilered idea. It would be hilarious! :smallbiggrin:

And yes, I'm also in denial .... :smallfrown: