PDA

View Full Version : Meta-examples

herrkramski
2009-02-07, 03:02 PM
Okay, so I figured since a lot of you are really good at finding certain relevant past strips for current thread discussions and the like, you'd be my go-to people for this.

I am looking for OOTS-strips containing metafictional elements. I know there are tons of them, but it would take me forever to go through the entire archive to find the really good ones.

I am especially looking for

1) Characters making references to being in a story

2) Characters making references to the medium of comics

3) Characters making references to the artificiality of the game world

I need this for an essay in my (surprise) metafiction class, so I'd appreciate it a lot if you could help me out here

Optimystik
2009-02-07, 03:10 PM
So you want a list of strips where the characters break the 4th wall? It'd be quicker just to link the archive and list the strips where they don't!

herrkramski
2009-02-07, 03:28 PM
I am looking for demonstrative and quotable strips to use as examples in my essay. While they do make a reference to the outside world in almost every strip, that often only happens on the sidelines and is limited to a short funny remark.

If you happen to know of a good strip where the characters awareness of their fictionality has an impact on the plot (as in V disintegrating Kubota) or an example that stands out from the rest and that you remember for that reason then please post it.

I vaguely remember something about V casting prism ray but it didn't have any effect because of a colourless environment and I can't find that one anymore. It doesn't seem to be in the prequel books like I thought it would be, so if anyone can find that particular one they are my hero.

Lira
2009-02-07, 03:34 PM
I vaguely remember something about V casting prism ray but it didn't have any effect because of a colourless environment and I can't find that one anymore. It doesn't seem to be in the prequel books like I thought it would be, so if anyone can find that particular one they are my hero.I believe you're thinking of page 102 in Start of Darkness.