PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship rumble [And the winner is...]

GoC
2009-02-07, 04:58 PM
Congradulations to Zar Peter!
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s113/ZarPeter/Pete.pnghttp://www.nemesisworld.com/starcom/images/toys/shadowbat_cl.jpg

I'd make a trophy but I've got zero artistic ability.:smallredface:

Rules here (http://kevan.org/rumble.cgi?genre=space&mode=rules) and houserules here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103633).

===================Players====================

Recaiden:
A Vell-os Javelin
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/evn/images/thumb/7/7e/Vell-os_Javelin.jpg/300px-Vell-os_Javelin.jpg
A construct held to together by the psychic powers of it's pilot. Piloted only by enslaved soldiers or rebels, the appearance of a javelin is never a good sign.
It's primary weapon is an energy ray called "the flower of spring"
Oddly, this pilot cannot create any of its usual other weapons.

Systems:

Dart Meditation(Fighter Bay) 15
The pilot can create smaller construct ships called Darts. They each have 5 energy and act separately from the main ship.

Emergency Dart Focus(Escape Pod) 15
In the event that the ship is damaged badly enough to destabilize, a dart is subconsciously created to allow the pilot to continue fighting. A pilot would be unable to regain this focus during a fight, so it is only usable once. Continue play with 20 energy.

Selrahc:
Aethyric Disturbance

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6489/98581spaceplasma3d456afla7.jpg

An aethyric disturbance is a build up of unknown energies in space. Left alone it will bubble to fruition and burst harmlessly, but in the presence of intelligence it will coalesce into a malevolent entity. The precise nature of each one is unique, and may be a reaction to the intelligences that formed it, but it will always attempt to destroy the beings that brought it into being. To that end it will bring to bear a raging storm of power against all nearby ships.

Incandescence- This particular disturbance will attempt to unleash a massive blow at unwary vessels.

Zar Peter
My ship, the A.U.S.Tria is a small, but very fast fighter, so small you nearly can't see it It's equiped with a "Can't see me device" invented by Leonard da Quirm and the famous "If you shoot me you will get it back-machine" by the same inventor. Somewhere under the driving seat there is an escape button, one use only...

http://www.nemesisworld.com/starcom/images/toys/shadowbat_cl.jpg

Kyouhen
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/images880/eafoairship.jpg

It's a blimp... IN SPACE! This crudely built craft is piloted by a crew of Orks, and is decorated in typical Orky fashion. It's primary weapons are the traditional Ork rapid-fire railguns, which have been mounted in several locations. There is also a large bay door on the bottom, though the contents of the bay are unknown.

Dr. Bath
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/foundation_and_earth.png

The jewel in the Foundation's crown, the Hand of Seldon, is the most technologically advanced ship in their fleet. It boasts state-of-the-art gavetic engines and hyperspace capability as well as advanced new shield technology. As well as short ranged atomics, the Hand of Seldon is armed with photon cannon able to unleash devastating volleys upon any enemies of the Foundation without compromising shielding.

GoC
2009-02-08, 01:21 PM
====================Stats==================
Kyouhen - Mystery Weapon 40
- Dead
Shadowcaller - Phase Field 11, Gauss Disruptor 6
- Dead
Selrahc - Super Laser 20
- Dead
Dr. Bath - Photon Cannons 10
- Dead
Zar Peter - Cloaking Shields 5, ECM 7, Polarity Reversion Ray 10, Escape Pod 1, Meteor Storm 7
- Current energy: 5
Emperor Demonking - Energy Drones 20, Solar Panels 5
- Dead
Recaiden - Fighter Bay 15, Escape Pod 15
- Dead

Recaiden's fighters:
Fighter #10 - Current energy: 5
Fighter #11 - Current energy: 5
Fighter #12 - Current energy: 5
Fighter #13 - Current energy: 5
Fighter #14 - Current energy: 5
Fighter #15 - Current energy: 5
Fighter #16 - Current energy: 5

Emperor Demonking's fighters:
Drone #1 - Current energy: 5

=====================Systems===================

Gauss Disruptor: Burn 5 and nominate a System: That System cannot be used next round.

Cloaking Shields: Spend 20 and Burn 5: You may not be Attacked next round.

Phase Field: Spend 10 and Burn 5: The first ship attacking you during the next round is phased out of existance.
It may not be targeted by anything or target anything during that round. Ships phased out of existance are treated as "eliminated" when checking for game winners.

Polarity reversion ray: Burn 10 and Spend all remaining energy: All attacks against your ship are directed back at the attacker and do not affect you, cannot be used two rounds in a row.

ECM: Pick an opponent, after Systems have been assigned. Halve all Attacks from that Opponent that target you.

Photon cannons: Spend 10: Make a separate strength-20 Attack. You may not use this System if you used it in the previous round, and not more than three times per round.

Escape Pod: Use once per game: You can survive going below zero Energy this round. At the end of the round, lose all of your Systems and continue play with 20 Energy.

Escape Pod: Use once per game: You can survive going below zero Energy this round. At the end of the round, lose all of your Systems and continue play with 20 Energy.

Fighter Launch: Spend 10: Put a 5-Energy sidekick craft into play.

Energy Drones: Spend Power Level energy: A 5 energy drone is created. The drone will immediately attach itself to an opponent of your choice. Each round any energy the drone puts into attacking instead drains that much energy from the opponent for the next round and gives it to you.

Meteor Storm: Meteor Storm makes a 10-damage Attack against a random Ship, during each Resolution Phase.

Solar Panels: You gain 5 points of spendable energy to allocate each turn. These do not increase your total (iow: burnable/hitpoint based) energy.

Super Laser: One Shot. Spend 10 energy and you can double your attack for that turn.

Diplomacy: Spend 30 and pick one enemy: Any attacks that are directed at you are instead directed at a second enemy chosen by you. This can not be the same ship that attacked you. You may not attack a ship that is the target of this ability on the same turn it is used. Diplomacy obviously may not be used when there are just two ships left.

The Mystery Box: This box contains an unknown system. The successful bidder will be secretly told what it is. It then remains a secret until used for the first time where it is then posted.

btw: Power Level is the amount the winning bid for the system was.

Zar Peter
2009-02-08, 03:33 PM
I choose Dr. Bath as ECM target.

My ship, the A.U.S.Tria is a small, but very fast fighter, so small you nearly can't see it It's equiped with a "Can't see me device" invented by Leonard da Quirm and the famous "If you shoot me you will get it back-machine" by the same inventor. Somewhere under the driving seat there is an escape button, one use only...

GoC
2009-02-10, 08:29 AM
Dr. Bath is away so I'm going ahead with the first round.

Summary:
Recaiden and Emperor Demonking launch fighters and Zar Peter cloaks. Everyone turtles.:smalltongue:

Recaiden launches 3 fighters (30), attacks Emperor Demonking (10) and defends (30). He is not attacked.
Zar Peter attacks Shadowcaller (20), activates his cloaking field (25) and defends (25). He takes 5 damage from burning energy.
Kyouhen defends (60). He takes 13-60=0 damage.
Selrahc defends (80). He takes 5-80=0 damage.
Emperor Demonking launches drone (20) and defends (60). He takes 10-60=0 damage.
Shadowcaller attacks Kyouhen (13) and defends (70). He takes 20-70=0 damage.
Dr. Bath defends (90). He (she?) takes 15-90=0 damage.

Recaiden's fighters #1,2,3 attack Dr. Bath (5 each). They are not attacked.
Emperor Demonking's drone attacks Selrahc (5). It is not attacked.

Stats updated in second post.

GoC
2009-02-12, 08:46 PM
Only 2 people sent actions.:smallfrown:

Summary:
Selrahc obliterates Emperor Demonking with his superlaser!

Selrahc fire his superlaser at Emperor Demonking (80)!
Emperor Demonking defends (80). He takes 160-80=80 damage! He dies.
Noone else does anything interesting.

Selrahc
2009-02-13, 04:07 PM
Muahahahahaha! That'll teach people not to shoot at me. :belkar:

Or it would if I had another super laser shot :smalleek:

Kyouhen
2009-02-13, 05:40 PM
Muahahahahaha! That'll teach people not to shoot at me. :belkar:

Or it would if I had another super laser shot :smalleek:

At least you still have... wait... no you don't have that either... Well now. Be thankful you have lots of energy? :smallbiggrin:

GoC
2009-02-14, 06:52 PM
Horray! Actions!

Summary:
Kyouhen is ripped to shreds by massed fire but before he goes down he manages to fire his secret weapon at Shadowcaller (to considerable effect)!
Recaiden's fighter squadron manages to take down Dr. Bath's shields but do no damage to his armor.

Recaiden launches 3 fighters (30) and defends (40). He is not attacked.
Zar Peter attacks Kyouhen (30) and defends (35). He is not attacked.
Kyouhen activates his secret weapon pointed at Shadowcaller (!) and defends (60). He takes 213-60=153 damage and is destroyed!
Selrahc attacks Kyouhen (80). He is not attacked.
Shadowcaller attacks Kyouhen (43) and defends (40). He takes 8*40-40=280 damage and his molecules are spread out evenly across the battlefield.:smallamused:
Dr. Bath fires Photon Cannons at Kyouhen (30) and defends 60. He takes 60-60=0 damage.

Recaiden's fighters #1,2,3,4,5,6 attack Dr. Bath (5 each). They are not attacked.
Emperor Demonking's drone defends itself (5). It is not attacked.

I'll let Kyouhen roleplay his glorious death and reveal his BFG.:smallbiggrin:

Shadowcaller
2009-02-14, 07:06 PM
Well we both died at least:smallbiggrin:.

Kyouhen
2009-02-14, 07:31 PM
I'll let Kyouhen roleplay his glorious death and reveal his BFG.:smallbiggrin:

Why thank you. :smallbiggrin:

The crew of the Space Blimp locked in on the target that could cripple their beautiful weapon, and unleashed it in all it's glory! The balloon of the blimp was torn to shreds, revealing an immense reactor underneath it's oh-so-clever disguise. The reactor quickly charges and a thin stream of light emerges from the barrel at the end. The light makes contact with Shadowcaller's ship, punching straight through it. Everything within an immense radius of the beam twists and is shredded by the force the beam rips through space.

Then the other ships decide to be jerks and blow up the blimp. Jerks. :smallannoyed::smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2009-02-15, 07:38 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/foundation_and_earth.png

The jewel in the Foundation's crown, the Hand of Seldon, is the most technologically advanced ship in their fleet. It boasts state-of-the-art gavetic engines and hyperspace capability as well as advanced new shield technology. As well as short ranged atomics, the Hand of Seldon is armed with photon cannon able to unleash devastating volleys upon any enemies of the Foundation without compromising shielding.

GoC
2009-02-16, 01:40 PM
Summary:
Zar Peter summons a meteor swarm. He takes a beating from Recaiden's fighter swarm but manages to cloak and escape. Selrahc now has little trouble picking off the disorganized fighters. Dr. Bath attacks Selrahc and does some damage to his armor. A meteorite hits Dr. Bath but is deflected by his shields.

Recaiden launches 3 fighters (30) and attacks Zar Peter (40). He is not attacked.
Zar Peter activates his cloaking field (25), calls in a micro-meteorite swarm (0) and defends (40). He takes 85-40=45 damage and burns 5.
Selrahc attacks Recaiden's fighters (30) and defends (50). He takes 60-50=10 damage.
Dr. Bath fires Photon Cannons at Selrahc (30) and defends 60. He is not attacked.

Recaiden's fighters #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 attack Zar Peter (5 each). #1,2,3,4,5,6 are destroyed by Selrahc's point defence fire.

Hmm...
Could be an interesting end-game.

GoC
2009-02-18, 04:18 PM
I was waiting for Zar Peter to send an action because this is probably the most critical round in the game, but...

Summary:
Recaiden launches seven fighters. They double team Dr. Bath with Selrahc's help, severaly damaging the good doctor's ship. Dr. Bath retaliates with photon cannon fire at Recaiden. One of the meteorites deals a killing blow to Recaiden's battered ship.

Recaiden launches 7 fighters (70). He takes 70-0=70 damage.
Zar Peter does nothing.
Selrahc attacks Dr. Bath (70). He is not attacked.
Dr. Bath fires Photon Cannons at Recaiden (30) and defends 60. He takes 120-60=60 damage.

Recaiden's fighters #7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 attack Dr. Bath (5 each). None are attacked.

Recaiden: You are considered eliminated for victory purposes but you can still decide what your fighters do.
And yes, the Escape Pod unfortunately requires you to activate it on the turn. Sorry dude.:smallfrown:

Selrahc
2009-02-18, 04:32 PM
Hooboy! Scary endgame. Hey Recaiden, please don't shoot me :smalleek:

GoC
2009-02-18, 11:53 PM
Hooboy! Scary endgame. Hey Recaiden, please don't shoot me :smalleek:

Lesee now...
Ok, my game theory isn't up to this.

Kyouhen
2009-02-19, 01:32 AM
Hey, those meteor storms can hit anyone right?

*Is totally betting on a tie caused by the meteor storm killing Zar*

Zar Peter
2009-02-19, 01:39 AM
Damn. Everytime I want to do something the stupid Forum brakes.

GoC
2009-02-19, 05:39 AM

Aye.:smalleek:

Recaiden
2009-02-19, 08:00 AM
How did I not see that I had to activate the escape pod?:smallfurious:
I guess I lost focus and forgot to have a dart ready.

Zar Peter
2009-02-19, 08:33 AM

*Is totally betting on a tie caused by the meteor storm killing Zar*

My speciality in RL DnD as Bard: Summon Swarm. Summoner can't control swarm. Swarm is active as long as summoner concentrates +2 rounds :smallbiggrin:

My fighter is very afraid of Swarms in the meantime.

Kyouhen
2009-02-19, 02:17 PM
My speciality in RL DnD as Bard: Summon Swarm. Summoner can't control swarm. Swarm is active as long as summoner concentrates +2 rounds :smallbiggrin:

My fighter is very afraid of Swarms in the meantime.

Now THAT'S the way to do it. XD

GoC
2009-02-20, 09:02 AM
Summary:
Selrahc deals Dr. Bath's ship a finishing blow but the latter makes him pay dearly for every hit. Without Recaiden's ship the massive fighter swarm goes on a berserk rampage! Attacking and destroy Selrahc's ship but as they try and finish off Zar Peter they find that all their shots are being reflected back at them! Three fighters go down to their own fire before Zar Peter makea a hasty escape.

Zar Peter activates his Polarity Reversion Ray (15). He takes 10 damage from burning energy.
Selrahc attacks Dr. Bath (60) and defends (10). He takes 95-10=85 damage.
Dr. Bath fires Photon Cannons at Selrahc (30). He takes 60-0=60 damage.

Recaiden's fighters #7,8,9 attack Zar Peter (5 each). #10,11,12,13,14,15,16 attack Selrahc (5 each). #7,8,9 are destroyed by Zar Peter's Polarity Reversion Ray.

The dust clears and the last ship still showing signs of life is Zar Peter's A.U.S.Tria:
Congrats!

Selrahc
2009-02-20, 09:28 AM
Talk about down to the wire.. Just the one ship left, and that one with only 5 energy.

Lamech
2009-02-20, 09:47 AM
Exciting! You should do another sometime... I wanted to join but didn't have the time...

GoC
2009-02-20, 10:57 AM
Exciting! You should do another sometime... I wanted to join but didn't have the time...

I'd be happy to host another one sometime. Just tell me when.

Recaiden
2009-02-20, 06:11 PM
We could start recruiting soon/now. And I can make a trophy thing for Zar.

Lamech
2009-02-20, 06:14 PM
That might work I would certainly be willing to join.

Murska
2009-02-20, 06:33 PM
I'd like to join the next round. :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2009-02-20, 06:36 PM
I would play again, or I could make the thread this time.

Selrahc
2009-02-20, 06:49 PM
We should choose a different theme next time. Not cause Spaceships are bad, it's just variation is fun.

Zar Peter
2009-02-20, 07:22 PM
Wow... thank you for hosting, GoC... and thank you for attacking me all the others :smallbiggrin:

I knew the polarity reversion ray will be good sometimes... especially when nobody thinks about it.

GoC
2009-02-20, 10:18 PM
Zar Peter: My pleasure.:smallbiggrin:

We could start recruiting soon/now. And I can make a trophy thing for Zar.
Ooooh. Please do.:smallsmile:
Shall I host the next game or do you want to?

We should choose a different theme next time. Not cause Spaceships are bad, it's just variation is fun.
Superheroes? Or maybe massive monsters?:smallamused:

Recaiden
2009-02-20, 10:26 PM
I'll do it. Monster Rumble II
Zartrophy: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/SR1Trophy.png

Here is the new game thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105208)