PDA

View Full Version : Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Night 6

Pages : [1] 2 3

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-07, 07:29 PM
1929, early February

The City

Agent Fairchilde closed his office door, setting his briefcase on the ground.

He was taking some work home tonight to review, and draft up his opinons. The Bureau chief was in town, but J Edgar Hoover did not believe in organized crime, instead believing that hoodlums were too disorganized to generate outfits of hundreds and profits of millions.

He turned his back to the hallway, to lock his outside office door.

From behind, he heard the creak of leather...

BAM BAM BAM BAM

... as he was shot in the back and left for dead in a pool of his blood.

Agent Elliot Ness found Agent Fairchilde early the next morning, unconscious but alive, and Commissioner Gordon placed Agent Fairchilde in protective custody at the Hospital.

The Rules

Rules -
Rule 1 – Don’t sign up unless you’re willing to play any role. You are not allowed to give up your roles.

Rule 2 –Read your PMs. You may receive a message, or be killed, and it won’t be broadcasted to the game. Read your PMs before you check the updates to see if you’ve been killed.

Rule 3 - This is a game based on turns - 48 hour day phases (comic updates notwithstanding) and 24 hour night phases.

Rule 4 - We are using "Helgraf's Interference rule" for multiple scries. If more than one person scries the same person (i.e. Mafia VI when 3 (!) people scried Shadow on Night 1) then the results for all scries is "Undetermined" or something to that effect.

Rule 5 – Due to the Abduction rules, if you’ve been killed in game PLEASE DON’T POST IN THE THREAD UNTIL YOUR BODY IS FOUND.

We reserve the right to add more rules, especially if someone tries to break our game.

SITE ACCESS ALLOWING Autolynches are enforced for every two day phases without a vote. Pointing at yourself doesn't count. If you don't think you can post once every five days, expect to be autolynched. This is after all a turn-based game with winners and losers, which has elements of team work, subterfuge, and a time limit. These time limits are enforced to maintain game balance.

Roles:
Masons – The Untouchables (Good Guys). Traditional mason role. These are the good guys brought in by the FBI to investigate the shooting of Agent Fairchilde and bring down the mobs responsible. (Scry as Masons)

Winning the Game: The Masons win if they successfully eliminate both the Capone Mob and the Northside Mob ending the gang war.

Allied with the Citizens, Elliot Ness, J Edgar Hoover and Commissioner Gordon, and the Informants, but does not start out knowing who they are.

Baner - Commissioner Gordon
May make one Bane attempt per night protecting a citizen from assassination.

Winning the Game: The Baner wins if they successfully eliminate both the Capone Mob and the Northside Mob. Allied with the Citizens, Elliot Ness, J Edgar Hoover and Untouchables, and theInformants, but does not start out knowing who they are. (Scries as Baner)

Seer or Scryer – Elliot Ness
As the Seer you are allied with the Citizens, J Edgar Hoover and Untouchables, and the Informants. You may make one Scry a night and have 100% accurate results. Your win conditions are: Eliminating both groups of Wolves – Capone Mob and the Northside Mob. (Scries as Seer).

Allied with the Citizens, Commissioner Gordon, J Edgar Hoover and Untouchables, but does not start out knowing who they are

Fool – J Edgar Hoover Believes he/she is Elliot Ness. Allied with the Citizens. You may make one Scry a night which may or may not be accurate.

Your win conditions are: Eliminating both groups of Wolves – Capone Mob and the Northside Mob.

Allied with the Citizens, Elliot Ness, Commissioner Gordon, the Informants, and the Untouchables, but does not start out knowing who they are. (Scries as Fool)

The Mob Informants (uses the rules of the Lovers)
Informant – Connected to (Wanted by) the Northside Mob– The informants were childhood friends from the same neighborhood that joined rival gangs but recently quit with the intention of turning states evidence. One informant is wanted by the Northside Mob, the other by the Capone mob. If the Informant is killed by the mob that wants him or her/lynched/or autolynched that mob get’s 1 free scry to be used whenever they’d like.

Example of play – The Informant connected to the Northside Mob is lynched duiring the day phase; the Northside Mob now receive 1 free scry in the night phase. If that informant is killed by the “wrong” mob, the no one get’s a scry..

Informant – Connected (Wanted by) to the Capone Mob –
Winning the Game: The Informants win if they successfully eliminate both the Capone Mob and the Northside Mob.

Citizen (Villagers)
These are the everyday members of society. They usually play by the rules and follow the law; however, that isn't to say that when an opportunity comes along to get a leg up they wouldn't take advantage. The goal of the Citizenry is to get rid of Capone Moba and the Northside Mob. The citizens are really in the game for themselves to survive. You may vote once per day phase to try to make this city a better place. Allied with the J Edgar Hoover, Elliot Ness, Commissioner Gordon, the Informants, and the Untouchables, but does not start out knowing who they are. (Scry as Citizens)

Winning the Game: The Citizens win if they successfully eliminate both the Capone Moba and the Northside Mob.

The Bad Guys

The Northside Mob- .

Boss Dion O’Bannion - The Northside Boss (Alpha_. Sends in the nightly kills, or designates one of the other Northsiders to do so. (Scries as “Citizen”).

“Bugs” Moran – Northside Consigliore (Devil). 100% scry once per night. If he dies, the Northsiders lose their ability to Scry. (Scries as ““Bugs” Moran – Northside Consigliore”).

Northsiders (Northside Mob - Mafia)
The other members of the Northsiders - standard wolf role, counting towards victory. (Scries as Northside Mob – Wolf)

Northside’s Victory Conditions: Eliminate the Capone Mob and equal or outnumber all other factions at the end of the game.

The Northside Mob have two options for their night kill:
Public killing – The public killing is a message to the citizenry to stay out of the way, and accept things the way they are. Traditional night kill, body left in the street, etc. Usually very messy and a loud statement.

OR - Abduction
The Wolves send in the kill saying they want to abduct and kill a player. If the player is not protected (baned) in the night phase – they disappear. The player will be PM’d they’ve been killed, and the body will turn up two or three day phases later.

I.E. If a player is abducted Night 1, the body will turn up the morning of Day 3-4. This is why it is very very important to NOT SPEAK IN THE GAME IF YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED. Don’t worry, the body will turn up.

The Capone Mob (Capone Mobsters - Mafia):

Al “Scarface” Capone – (Capone Mob Alpha) Calls the hits, runs the city.(Scries as “Citizen”).

Frank “The Enforcer” Nittii The Consigliore - Falcone Mob Devil - 100% scry once per night. If he dies, the Mafia lose their ability to Scry. (Scries as “Frank “The Enforcer” Nittii The Consigliore - Falcone Mob Devil”)

Capone Mob Gangster.
Standard wolf role, counting towards victory.
(Scries as “Mafia – Capone Mob”)

Mafia Victory Conditions: Eliminate the Northside Mob and equal or outnumber all other factions at the end of the game.

Capone's mob has two options for their night kill:
Public killing – The public killing is a message to the citizenry to stay out of the way, and accept things the way they are. Traditional night kill, body left in the street, etc. Usually very messy and a loud statement.

OR – Abduction
The Wolves send in the kill saying they want to abduct and kill a player. If the player is not protected (baned) in the night phase – they disappear. The player will be PM’d they’ve been killed, and the body will turn up two or three day phases later.

I.E. If a player is abducted Night 1, the body will turn up the morning of Day 3-4. This is why it is very very important to NOT SPEAK IN THE GAME IF YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED. Don’t worry, the body will turn up.

The City (Players)

Aemoh
Alarra
androgial
Darkcomet
Dirk Kris
Dr. Bath
evnafets
flabbicus
Helgraf
Istari
Jontom Xire
KerfuffleMach2
LordRod
Malmagor Andrigal
purple gelatinous cube o`Doom
Ranna
Selrahc
Shadowcaller
Shishnarfne
SweetLikeLemmons
The Bushranger
ThePhantom
Uncle Festy
whitehelm

Dead Players
Fin - Lynched Day 1 - Capone Mobster (Wolf)
Ganurath - Killed Night 1 - by the Capone Mob
Iceddragons - Lynched Day 2 -was a Citizen.
Emperor Demonking - AutoLynched Day 2 -was a Citizen
Mustiado - AutoLynched Day 2 -was a member of Untouchables (Mason).
Numberfourteen - AutoLynched Day 2 - J Edgar Hoover (Fool)
PhantomFox - Killed Night 2 by Northside Mob -was a member of Untouchables (Mason).
Shades of gray - Lynched Day 3 - Commissioner Gordon (Baner)
Queenfange - Autolynched Day 3 - Citizen
Thes Hunter - Autolynched Day 3 - Capone Mobster (Wolf)
Noir Cat - Autolynched Day 3 - Citizen
Supagoof - Abducted Night 1 by the Northside Mob - Untouchable (Mason)
dallas-dakota Killed Night 3 by the Northside Mob - Capone Mobster (Wolf)
Tired N' Drowzy - Citizen - Lynched Day 4
Doseki - Citizen - Autolynched Day 4
Wolfbane - Police Informant (Lover role) - Spied on the Northside - Autolynched Day 4
Trixie - Killed Night 4 - Northside Mobster (Wolf)
The Rogue Monk - Killed Night 4 - Capone Mobster (Wolf)
Murska - Elliot Ness (Scryer) - Abducted by the Capone Mob on Night 2
Amplify
Recaiden
Mountain Faerie
deathslayer7
Cynan Machae

Day 1 Begins! Roles to be sent out shortly!

Day 1 Ends Tuesday, February 10th at 10pm Central Standard Time (U.S.)

Murska
2009-02-08, 02:27 PM
F1RST P0ST!

Phew. Finally got to say that once. :smallbiggrin:

Deathslayer7
2009-02-08, 02:32 PM
Liriel sits down on her front porch again. The plants had withered and died due to no one watering them for some time, and musty newspapers were strewn across the yard. She had spent most of the day cleaning and waiting for The Bushranger to come.

She wanted to talk to him... :smallannoyed:

Darkcomet
2009-02-08, 02:35 PM
F1RST P0ST!

Phew. Finally got to say that once. :smallbiggrin:

*laughs as Murska is ninja'd by the narrator*

Purple gelatinous cube o`Doom for having a really long name.

PhantomFox
2009-02-08, 02:42 PM
Yea! We're starting!

PGCoD since he has a really long name.

Bah, ninja'd. Um... Ranna then I guess.

Selrahc
2009-02-08, 02:53 PM
PGCoD because I am intrigued by this long name theory. I think it would be pretty interesting to watch the results if we just mechanize the pointing process into methodically getting rid of people with long names until Fin is the last one alive. :smalltongue:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-02-08, 02:56 PM
As I stepped outside, and closed the door to the office, I noticed the sign on my door, which read "PGCOD-P.I." needed to be touched up. I went down the stairs to the narrow sidewalk in front of the the building, and glanced up and down the street, noticing how gritty the exteriors along the street have become. I started heading West along the street towards uptown, sensing an unusual air about this part of the city. An air that spelled trouble in the coming days. As I stopped and waited for the light to change, I saw iceddragons across the intersection with his back to me heading up the street. I must watch that one I thought to myself. He seems up to no good.

The Neoclassic
2009-02-08, 02:57 PM
Hmmm.... I am around and alert, but I don't like to vote right away. I'll wait for a few more posts and then choose someone. The more known before I place my vote, the better chance I have of not killing an innocent.

Flabbicus
2009-02-08, 03:24 PM
Rilik steps out of his prohibition era alleyway. He flicks a cigarette onto the street and ground it with his boot.

"Well if this ain't a great Brian de Palmaesque city we're living in."

Rilik pulls out his two Browning pistols and checks their magazines before shoving them back into their holsters. Then he takes a swig of non illicit nonalcoholic moonshine from his trench coat pocket.

"dallas-dakota's got the look of a hardened gin runner. I'm sure he's a no goodnik and is thus up to no good. Also, he's got a known cookie addiction which he's failed to kick."

dallas dakota

Murska
2009-02-08, 04:03 PM
*laughs as Murska is ninja'd by the narrator*

Purple gelatinous cube o`Doom for having a really long name.

Actually I wasn't, since I saw that, but the narrator isn't counted. Duh.

EDIT: @VFIST!

Murska points at evnafets.

evnafets
2009-02-08, 04:16 PM
Youngsters these days are out of control. Too often their parents have let them run wild. They are obnoxious, annoying hooligans, and we need to do something about them.

Ladies and Gentleman, it is time to do that something. A vote for evnafets as Mayor, is a vote for controlling the unruly behaviour of these hooligans who think they can just run around, waving their arms in the air, and yelling "FIST" in every game thread they come across.
We need to come down hard on this sort of behaviour. Yelling out "First!", breaking the 3 post rule, invoking the rule of Shadow in inappropriate circumstances - all of these are crimes that should be punishable by DEATH!
evnafets points at Murska in an attempt to shut down any more attempts at calling "fist" in a WW game by lynching the first person who does it. And I don't care that he was ninja'ed by the narrator.

Flabbicus
2009-02-08, 04:21 PM
Rilik takes a long drag of his cigarette then exhales it to form a cloud around his head.

"Now now. Calm down Mr. Tinhorn. Er wait, I'm mixing up my period slang a little bit. But it will serve. I think that we shouldn't kill this guy. I mean he got a little over exuberant in his greetings. But feh," he flicks the cigarette at a nearby rat scurrying across the street, "if you want to be the mayor and make these calls then you might as well do some sleuthing first "Mayor" evnafets."

TRM
2009-02-08, 04:43 PM
Flabbicus. Because both of his avatars disturb me.

UncleWolf
2009-02-08, 04:46 PM
The_Rogue_Monk for copying DD's avatar.

Darkcomet
2009-02-08, 04:47 PM
The_Rogue_Monk for copying DD's avatar.

And Sneak's sig. :confused:

Ranna
2009-02-08, 04:50 PM
*Ranna looks out of the musty car window as it rolls into town. She was once a hopeful young graduate student with a bright future ahead of her, but a few wrong decisions and a baaaddd group of friends meant that she had to give all that up and return back home to mummy and daddy, except mummy and daddy didn't want her back and so she wound up here, where-ever here was...*

She notices a middle aged man (Evnafets) in the street proclaiming about hooligans and un-ruly youngsters and laughs to herself, "I don't think I will get along with that one best stay out of his way.."

Wreckingrocc
2009-02-08, 06:17 PM
A tired looking man makes his way out of his office. He looks like he has been working hard, and he has probably gone without sleep for four days. He wears a dark brown trenchcoat and a fedora. He holds in his hand a series of papers as if to say, Come on, mafia! You know I'm probably a power role.

He soon turns to the others to see the place in chaos. Apparently, a murder had just taken place. The man makes his way towards the center to see several mobs forming around several other people.

What the hell...

The man smiles as he grabs a picket sign and starts screaming with the mob.

"Lynch purple gelatinous cube o`Doom!" He bellows.

Fin
2009-02-08, 06:48 PM
PGCoD because I am intrigued by this long name theory. I think it would be pretty interesting to watch the results if we just mechanize the pointing process into methodically getting rid of people with long names until Fin is the last one alive. :smalltongue:

*:smallbiggrin: I LOL'd*

D-do ya wanna buy this off me? Its the best there is! Please, I'm a great businessman why wouldn't ya wanna buy from me!!?

Get away from me ya bum! Do even know what that is? Why would I want that stupid thing?

Well, because it's lovely and pretty and you don't have it! See look...

Fin brandishes his treasure at the man who did not have the treasure! He didn't look impressed but that was probably because his stupid, tiny mind couldn't even tell what it was! Realising this Fin withdrew the object back into his coat!

Nevermind! You can't have it, get away form me!? Your barred from my shop!

What are you talking about you don't even have a... Ugh, nevermind!

Fin watched the man walk away from the doorstep he had decided would be his house for the day. He was glad the man didn't have the treasure, he didn't deserve it! Only people of worth could buy from Finoch Decano, a man who had once owned the most successful chain of supermarkets in the state.

Besides did he really want to sell this treasure becuase it was his favourite thing in the world. Clutching the object through his robes Fin felt safe, safer than he had felt in prison! A Joker they had called him there, yet he never remembered being very funny. Still he didn't get on with the rest of the inmates and soon he had retreated so far into himself that he ceased to be the successful businessman he had been. Since his release he had drifted from place to place, a penniless hobo. Until he had found this, his treasure. The thing that would make him rich again, if only the puny minds could realise what it was!

All he knew was that no matter what happened, no matter what anyone said, he would never ever give it to that one! Wolfbane could never have this treasure!

whitehelm
2009-02-08, 08:31 PM
I point at Murska because of that FIRST business.

Fostire
2009-02-08, 09:07 PM
yay! it started! it started! :smallbiggrin:

"evnafets! I accuse thee of being a wolf"

*ehem* "Wrong game sir"

"huh? what?... oh!... right. hmmm... then I accuse thee of something else. I don't know what of, but I'm sure you're guilty"

"That'll show him, sir"

Uncle Festy
2009-02-08, 09:29 PM

Gasp! :smalleek:
Fin and Selrahc are clearly in cahoots, and are planning to win the game by convincing us to let Fin be the last player lynched!
The conspiracy goes all the way to the top!
:smallwink:

ThePhantom
2009-02-08, 10:21 PM
Why did I come to come to this city? This city is well known for its history of violences, so why did I come here? Oh yeah, my big brother went crazy, joined a cult, got caught, and then went crazier. Now, I have to find a job to pay his keep. Well, here I am, and still unable to find a job.
(Queenfange)

Shades of Gray
2009-02-08, 10:25 PM
A man with a trenchcoat and a fedora sits on a bus bench, waiting to go somewhere.

Recaiden
2009-02-08, 10:34 PM
Why did I come to come to this city? This city is well known for its history of violences, so why did I come here? Oh yeah, my big brother went crazy, joined a cult, got caught, and then went crazier. Now, I have to find a job to pay his keep. Well, here I am, and still unable to find a job.

Can you make sandwiches? I'm looking for help here, and whatever, if you can just learn I can give you a job. Flabbicus

ThePhantom
2009-02-08, 10:36 PM
That was weird. I was just thinking that. "I can make sandwiches, really fancy ones. If you want, I'm hired."

Hyozo
2009-02-08, 10:55 PM
I walked out of the sandwich store somewhat unsatisfied. the new guy forgot the cheese. Who forgets the cheese? Wondering about this confusing phenominon I took a short jog through the park and came across a odd man in a fur covered blue costume claiming to be a "Rogue monk". Has this city gone made once again recently? Maybe It's just that I got a bit too much at Lucky's myself...

I did ask for cheese on that sandwich, didn't I?

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-09, 12:51 AM
A man with a trenchcoat and a fedora sits on a bus bench, waiting to go somewhere.

Just a warning to players, that I may not see these very very clever votes.

Please vote like this: Zar Peter so everyone can see the vote.

Otherwise I will end up missing the votes.

Cynan Machae
2009-02-09, 01:35 AM
Fin cause he has a short name.

androgial
2009-02-09, 02:10 AM
It was getting bad again, like it ever stopped being bad. Another murder attempt in broad daylight. I turned my back and walked away. Yeah I said that and I did that. I learned my lesson from the last time around. Don't get involved, don't be a hero. That's the way to survive anymore, Just don't notice. Not like I had much of a choice. I Really shouldn't be thinking of the past though, might end up working myself up to doing something stupid like getting involved again. Heard that FIN got released last month or so. A changed man they said. Yeah it shows, but I cant help but wonder if he might end up changing back.

Helgraf
2009-02-09, 02:32 AM
((Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Mafia))

Cold.

A tiny sliver of cold roused me from sleep ... cold followed by the sensation of wet. Eyes flickered open, staring into darkness filled with phantasmal afterimages, senseless night horrors generated by a still somnolent mind to give some frame of perspective to the all-pervading darkness.

Sight had given me nothing useful. I could hear the wet spatter of rain, the sound throttled by the thickness of the walls; even so I could tell it was coming down hard and strong, knew that if I was outdoors, I'd be drenched to the bone, and the wind would be sheeting it near horizontal.

I'd have been more thankful for that small mercy, but my senses were not done with me yet. Scent came next, and with it a sour melange which slipped in and took up residence, refusing to clear even after a near-gagging exhale. Old stale tobacco, burned and burned again, so that all that remained was a sort of gummy tar. Something astringent, with that fake citrus that was way too strong and still failed to kill the chemical undertones it was designed to mask. Sweat and old relations clung to the bedsheets, whispering of rare moments of stolen fleeting pleasure washed away by the grey of morning and the inevitable costs.

Plop.

Another droplet, this one on my forehead. The rain was unwilling to cede even one escapee from its torment. I reached blindly with my right hand, knocking something hard, round and glass to the floor, where it must have struck something soft, because only a muffled thud followed. My fingers closed around something metal and smallish.

Peace. As close as I'd get to it anyway. I brought it over almost unconsciously, cleared the chamber, checked the load, snapped it back into place. I fumbled around again, looking for other tiny pieces of hard reality to give me context. Metal, about a fingerswidth across and as long as my middle digit. A tiny groove; a slight tug, and recognition. Straight razor.

There was a brillant flash, followed almost instantly by a crackling boom; in that moment, a portion of my surroundings was burned into my retinas. There was blood on the far wall. Clothes hung haphazardly from metal hangers on a wooden pole.

And it was dark again. I was awake and alone with my thoughts as I pulled myself up toward a sitting position ... and hit my head on the slanting ceiling directly over the bed I'd woken in. Several words that would have had my mouth washed out by the good sisters at Sister Mary Francis Academy spilled into the stale air as reds and blues crawled across my vision in jumpy patterns that echoed the throbbing in my skull.

It wasn't my place. I knew this instinctively because I don't really have a place to speak of. What I do have is a small amount of charm and enough size to make any three stevedores think twice each - a task that would typically take about an hour, I might add - about saying things about any dame whose company I should happen to be in at the time.

It wasn't a woman's place either. Which means I must have been ... dropped off ... somewhere in Shantytown. It wouldn't be the last time and it certainly wasn't the first - but it told me whomever it was had money or a heart too big for this place. It also told me I'd better be up and out long before eleven of the morning, if I didn't want a protracted argument in three different languages, one of which would be booze, about who would pay the cover for the cleaning now, anyway.

There had definitely been a woman though - this much I was also sure of. Images swam through my brain, but I could not trust them - composite chimeras of many women I'd known, woman I'd wanted to know, and women I'd have no chance of ever knowing, no how.

Another lighting flash. I pulled myself - more carefully - from the bed. Grabbed my piece and straight-razor. I appeared to be in clothes, though they were very tight - and certainly not mine. I suspected I'd once more been thrown together in someone's husband's or brother's outfit before being dropped off ... here. I wobbled toward where I thought there should be a door, then damn near tripped as I tried to pull my left leg forward, meeting completely unexpected resistance. Having no light to go by, I took a moment, and yanked my leg forward ... the loud protest of the bedframe dragging along the floor. I reached down ... found my leg still bound up in some sort of scarf ... which was wound about the footboard of the bed.

I wondered - again - what the hell I'd been doing the prior night. It seemed like something I would have liked to recall. I undid the knot - which took longer than I'd have liked, both because of the dark and because of the tightness of the bind; smaller fingers might well have had an easier time with it as well, I'll concede. Finally, it was done, and not one to refuse a little extra warmth, I wrapped the cloth around my neck. Went back to the door and threw it open; a blast of wind and wet assailed me, proved my earlier assessment of the storm was all too accurate.

Into the streets then.

((And random first day post at Murska))

Ganurath
2009-02-09, 02:45 AM
Too tired to make a proper IC post. Point at ThePhantom for half-orc solidarity.

Jontom Xire
2009-02-09, 04:19 AM
I'm struggling to keep up narration of UG IV even with a co-narrator (and let's face it, Trixie is doing all the work right now). And now this game and Grave Robbers 2 have started up simultaneously, AND I've been assigned to a special investigatory team for this week, which means work is goign to be a bit manic (as if it isn't always).

So I've skim read so far (I'll go back and read Helgraf's post properly if I get a chance later) and for first day point I point at Murska.

Someone PM me if it looks like Murska might actually get lynched and I'll consider changing my point. I did briefly notice he had a couple of points already.

Anyway I'll try to get a spreadsheet going when if I get a chance. It might prove useful. In the meantime, bad guys I plead to you once again, please let me play this game this time. I think I was killed night one in the last two games, and if it wasn't night one it was close enough that I never really got to play. Cut me some slack this time, ok? If you must kill me night one, do it in some other game.

Mountain_Faerie
2009-02-09, 07:16 AM
(Early morning point at Queenfange - because of the silent "e".) :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-02-09, 08:54 AM
Fin. For the fight against first day lynching.

The Neoclassic
2009-02-09, 10:33 AM
I point at Murska.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-09, 11:46 AM
Celeste was a nice girl deep down. She really was. Hard times, the Great Depression, and two dead ex-husbands had forced her into this life she now led. She hurried down the street, her head down, her long auburn hair blowing with the breeze of her passage. She kept a hand at her throat, hiding the long scar there - a gift from her first husband. It was why she'd killed him. She usually wore a scarf to hide it, but she must have left it behind at her last job. She cursed silently. Oh well, she had more.

She got to her small studio apartment and let herself in, shouldering the door closed because it liked to stick. She bathed herself and got dressed, selecting a long, silky black scarf that set off her blue eyes nicely. She slipped into a matching nightgown and sat at her vanity table to curl her hair.

She glanced over at the telephone and smiled proudly. Now that she had one of the new devices, she was sure business would pick up.

Now she was the city's only official "call girl".

((Helgraf for stealin' mah scarf! Untie yourself and give it back, why dontcha?!))

Shishnarfne
2009-02-09, 12:38 PM
The weather was miserable... cold, wet, and entirely the right atmosphere for the opening of a mystery novel... If only I could still write.

It had been my profession, my livelihood, my passion, to write up grand stories of trust, betrayal and suspense... Until the accidents in the last gang war had driven such thoughts too deeply into my head... The scars were too deep.

There might be some people who remembered my name, had heard of a fresh, new mystery writer, some even thought that I had had a career ahead of me. Me, in my pride, thought that I had more. But, it just seems too real to write anymore.

Suspicious doings were about again... Bad news, at least for anyone who wanted to live. Or even those who wanted to choose how they died. Me? Under a park bench in the cold would do as well as any... Like the one I slept under last night. No jobs for an out-of-work writer who can't write anymore. But the benches are comfortable, and the police usually don't bother me, as I don't bother folks more than I need to in order to get my hands on some food, and to stay warm enough not to freeze. Not that I mind the alternative, but if I can ever write again, maybe someone will remember me in a hundred years.

Some folks just don't want to wait for immortality... like that Cynan Machae... There just seemed to be something ever so slightly off about him...

Flabbicus
2009-02-09, 02:23 PM
Can you make sandwiches? I'm looking for help here, and whatever, if you can just learn I can give you a job. Flabbicus

Rilik tosses another cigarette onto the ground and grinds it with his shoe. He then takes a small swig from his flask. His ears perk up at the sound of his name, invoked in the sacred RED typeface. He glances around for several seconds before noticing the small little echidna pointing its long tongue in his direction.

"Why is this little electric echidna accusing me?"

He then notices the other guy pointing at him. Some sort of strange wanna-be Cookie Monster/monk that has gone rogue.

"I haven't done anything worthy of suspicion besides being the lush I normally am."

He takes another swig from his hip flask.

Trixie
2009-02-09, 03:07 PM
So many suspicious targets, oh, so many...

Trixie mused to h**self. Being the best private detective in the city certainly wasn't easy; paranoia came with the rest of the perks of the job. So many suspicious people, and so little time to hang them all...

And so, Trixie preyed to h** gods, asking them for forgiveness for being unable to destroy all evils of this world in one swift strike, then pointed at the definitedly the guiltiediest man around.

At Fin.

Mostly because the whole "shortest name" idea was dumb, and besides, "Al" Capone had the shortest name of them all.

Supagoof
2009-02-09, 03:14 PM
Fate was a cruel mistress. Sure, they were able to remove the bandages left by that unholy process of mummification. But that process had left me looking ragged. Even the hookers wouldn't let me near them. One sight of me, and they'd run off screaming in the other direction. It wasn't the screaming that bothered me, or even the fact that dogs whimper when they catch the sight of me. It was the knowledge. Knowledge that my glory days have been reduced to a pile of dung. Forgotten were the days I saved this city. Forgotten were the times I brought cheer to the masses with one spectacular bout after another. Erased because of the mind control of one crazy high priest. Dragged down with him and his group lof low-lifes. Then cast away as an example of what they could do. I still get glimpses of the horrors he presented and the control he had. Thankfully my pills help keep those terrors away.

I shuffled down to Lucky's. The run-down bar full of the best, and worst, this city had to offer. I duck down the back alley, no sense in scaring the clientelle by going in the front. Walk down the right alley in this city....

Bouncer is throwing a Tired N' Drowzy man out the door. And keep your hands offa Thessie!

...and you could find anything. I step over the bum and walk up to the door.

That coat looks like horse manure. So does your face. Take off!

I jab the bouncer in the eye and push him backwards into Lucky's.

Urrrghh... aaahhhhh! Ahhh!

I shove him into a corner.

He's new here Goof. He didn't know. says Mauve. I nod hello to her and take my usual spot on the rail. Lucky's was dark, and here nobody seemed to give a damn about anyone, and that was fine by me.

Istari
2009-02-09, 03:40 PM
Flabbicus to go against the bandwagons

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-09, 03:41 PM
Trixie. seems dangerous, because she doesn't have that much experience it seems, but is still very good.
My compliments.

Alarra
2009-02-09, 04:18 PM
(points at Dirk Kris for stealing my role, scarf and where I was supposed to be last evening :smalltongue:)

It was mid-morning by the time I managed to peel my eyelids apart. The sun slanting through the blinds was razor blades to my retinas and it was all I could do to hold my head up. I glanced around the room, disoriented as always. A threadbare red rug covered the scarred wooden floor, the bed I sat in was a creaking, old four-poster that had clearly occupied the same space for years. The sheets were faded, but soft and clean and I was wrapped in a warm, grandmotherly quilt. Dresses and shoes were strewn haphazardly in piles about the floor, and the battered wardrobe that stood open at the end of the room held more empty hangers than gowns.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I was home, a place I rarely woke anymore. Sliding off the bed and moving over to my purse, I dumped the contents: an id, 37 cents, a small pearl handled pistol, and a couple of crumpled pieces of paper. Clearly last night had not gone the way I'd intended it to. I only had a couple of days before rent was due and 37 cents was not going to cut it.

I dragged myself into the small bathroom. The face that greeted me in the mirror was haggard, with bloodshot eyes and my usual golden curls pasted in a matted crown about my skull. I turned the tap, needing to wash the evening's festivities from my pores and was greeted with......nothing. I hadn't paid the water......again.

Yeah, this was going to be a great morning.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-02-09, 11:12 PM
Woot! We play again!

Random point at Istari.

Noir_Cat
2009-02-09, 11:38 PM
First day random point: Dr. Bath

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-10, 01:46 AM
Day ends in less than 24 hours.

Shadowcaller
2009-02-10, 02:40 AM
((Erhm... Dirk Kris, I never got to point at you in catfight.))

Madmal
2009-02-10, 09:26 AM
(aaaand...Helgraf's post just discouraged me a little. yay.

anyways, pointing at Fin for now, will try to add some roleplay later.

Helgraf
2009-02-10, 12:50 PM
(aaaand...Helgraf's post just discouraged me a little. yay.

anyways, pointing at Fin for now, will try to add some roleplay later.

:blinks: Qua?

Supagoof
2009-02-10, 04:34 PM
After what had seemed to be hours and many brews, I get tired of waiting. I don't know what I'm getting so fidgety about, it wasn't like I had any better things to do. Maybe it was the crowd and their frantic cries about some thin man. Maybe it was all this talk about garlic or rosemary or wolfbane or some crud like that. The noise was gettin' to me, and had about all I can stands.

I get up, and watch the bouncer shrink back into a shadow. I guess he's learned his manners. I head out the back alley, and into the cold rain. My coat ain't doin so hot. It's full of holes that the water just pours into. Still, it's better then nothin. I'm walking along for a few blocks, when I hear the patter of footsteps sneak up behind me. I turn to see who it is, but

*THUNK*

Something hits me and knocks me out cold.

-----------

I awaken a few hours later. The room is light poorly by a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. I hear a voice in the darkness.

You're looking for trouble. It's found you.

Who'se der? I say. My heads ringing from the bludgening I had received earlier. Rooms spinning a bit. As I start to blackout, I catch a glimpse of some shiny shoes.

Don't forget to take your medicene.....

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-10, 09:20 PM
Four hours until the end of the day.

Thes Hunter
2009-02-10, 10:07 PM
I tumble the glossy card in my hand.

The Exachix club spelled out in shiny silver letters shines the light into my face as I twirl the card in my hand.

On the back, written in a careful hand is one word. Supagoof. I don't know what it means, but I plan on finding out.

I step out into the street in red heels and a red dress. No one recognizes me as the boyish boxer 'Tommy Dynamite' when I wear the heels.

Amplify
2009-02-10, 11:41 PM
((I point at Fin, simply because I checked for this thread on the 8th and didn't see it, checked now again to find I'm almost out of time for pointing so just picking the first name off the list, it's 5am and havn't even read the thread content yet :/))

Aemoh
2009-02-11, 12:35 AM
*hello point at Amplify*

Also, note to the narrators, I'm a bit away. I should still manage to make a point every day phase, but I may miss one or two. Hopefully things will be settled soon-ish.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-11, 01:12 AM
Day ends.

Agent Fairchilde slowly regains consciousness in the hospital, under protective custody.

The hospital smelled sterile, and there was a nurse in the room readying his next batch of medicine.

He was just about to let the nurse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xeFE3ExXwk) a question, when his protective guards burst in the door and shoot her dead!

"Sorry boss, we had a tip she was in the mob."

Fin was lynched. Fin was a member of the Capone Mob (Mobster).

Day 1 ends -

Night 1 begins!

Get your inputs in to Andre Fairchilde and Zar Peter.

You have 24 hours, unless we get the inputs in sooner.

SweetLikeLemons
2009-02-11, 02:33 AM
((Oops. I'm really sorry I missed the first day. The internet was down all over town last night, and I guess I didn't get home soon enough tonight))

Cecily James careens into town as darkness falls, the top down and the wind tossing her glossy bobbed hair. She had been supposed to arrive hours before, but it was probably just as well, as she would draw less attention in this part of town under cover of darkness. Just another fashionable young thing out slumming it for a night. This delivery business was much less of a lark than she had hoped. The flat tire was bad enough, but then it had taken ages for someone to come by and notice her looking pretty and helpless and offer to help. Just her luck. Fortunately she'd been able to bat her eyelashes and keep him from asking too many questions.

Now where was the place? Ah, there. The back door. Hopefully there would be some strapping fellows to unload the stuff. She was all for keeping her local speakeasy well stocked, but not at the cost of her manicure.

Anyway, late or not she was here. Hopefully this would get rid of most of her debt to that awful man, and daddy wouldn't have to find out she'd been gambling again. Not that she thought that he would really follow through on that threat to cut her off, but he did get so tiresome when he was upset with her. Besides, this way was much more fun. Who knew rum-running was such a thrill?

The Bushranger
2009-02-11, 03:11 AM
((eek...didn't see the thread! But I'm here now!))

Liriel sits down on her front porch again. The plants had withered and died due to no one watering them for some time, and musty newspapers were strewn across the yard. She had spent most of the day cleaning and waiting for The Bushranger to come.

She wanted to talk to him... :smallannoyed:

And that night, after the lights are out and the city has gone to bed, a man comes walking up the street. He looks like an ordinary, normal, plain man making the transition from youth to middle age, except there's something...off about him, somehow, like he's slightly, ever so very slightly fuzzy around the edges?

This would be because he is dead. A ghost. He's learned to attain tangibility and a solid form, yet if you stare at him long enough you still notice that fuzziness.

And so Patrick O'Connell, a/k/a The Shadow, sometimes known by the alias "The Bushranger", walks up the drive to Liriel's house.

Supagoof
2009-02-11, 03:57 PM
I awaken, still tied up in the chair. Whomever that mystery man was he's gone. I slip the knots and look around. Just a room with a door. The ceilings low, so I must be in a basement or something. I make my way out of the room, follow the hallway along, and find a set of stairs. They lead up to a door, which is locked.

*Scene from outside. Door is blown off it's hinges*

I step out into the street. The night's as hot as hell. I'm in a lousy part of a lousy town and I glance up the street - I'm staring at a goddess. I sniff the breeze that passes by her. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess in the red dress. What a dame like that is doing in a part of town like this is beyond me. I catch myself staring for too long, she notices. I hide my face and stammer out an introduction.

Sorry, er. I couldn't help but notice you there. I'm Goof. You shouldn't be alone in this part of town at this time of night. Can I walk you somewhere?

I glance up, trying to keep my ugly mugg as covered as I can. She doesn't seem afraid.

Amplify
2009-02-11, 08:03 PM
Having missed the boat for day 1, a young Spaniard in his late 20s arrives into town on the midnight express (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dgLEDdFddk) while attempting to maintain a low profile.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9214/inigofr1.png

With a list of the town's residents in hand, he makes his way out of the station, with only a handful of people present at the time.

"After much training, I am finally ready to take my on my father's killer. This 'Atreyu the Masked Llama' shall pay dearly, I swear this."

"Now, I need only seek him out and exact my revenge, this cannot be that ha..."

((*Mentally imagine the sound of a record needle scratch across a vinyl LP here*))

"Wait, wait a minute."

"Aemoh, right"
"Alarra, okay"
"Amplify, lookin' good"
"androgial, sure"
"Cynan Machae, yeah"
"dallas-dakota, I guess"

"But, Atreyu, where's Atreyu?!"

The Spaniard takes a seat on the station steps in the early morning dusk.
"Oh for crying out loud, NOW how do I take my revenge upon the six fingered llama that killed my father?"

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-12, 01:13 AM
He was eating in a diner after work when they came for him.

They’d fingered him for his involvement with the Nurse’s shooting, and whether they were right or not he was the man out of this scenario.

As he sat eating his chicken noodle soup a strong armed goon shoved himself into the booth next to him. Another goon sat in the seat opposite. These were hard men, having served hard time. Dressed expensively, they still had their cheap tastes.

Goon #1 grabbed his right hand, and Goon #2 grabbed the left…

…Leaving a clear shot for Goon #3 who strode in with a shotgun, executed the target with a BOOM! and walked out again.

The two goons also left, leaving change on the table for the mess.

The assassination less than one minute.

Of course no one in the diner saw a thing either, leaving no witnesses for the police.

Ganurath was killed by the Capone mob. Ganurath was a Citizen.

Night 1 Ends!

Day 2 Begins and will end in 48 hours!
(Midnight Central Standard Time U.S. Friday Feb 13th)

Ganurath
2009-02-12, 01:56 AM
After the goons left, the emerald claw set in his ring pulsed with a faint light. The mayor's ghost sat patiently within his crystalline home, drumming his fingers. He had gotten involved in the underworld so he could have a piece of the dragon, a humble shard by which he could ensure that his legacy would carry on. He had once told a priest of Imhotep that he was not the only one who dabbled in the supernatural, and his morbid curiousity had paid off when he least expected it.

He had let his lawyer handle the affairs of his material belongings, his only stipulation being that any cash found on his property be discreetly donated to poorhouses. He had no doubt that the lawyer, being the selfish and ambitious young man that he was, would claim everything for himself. He didn't have respect for any taboos, either, which ensured that he would have no stipulations against putting the ring on. Finally, he had blue eyes, so the glow of possession would be difficult to notice.

As the glow faded, the silver snake that wrapped around the late Ganurath's finger now found that it had, rather than an emerald, a sapphire secured within its mouth.

"Soon, very soon, I'll stop being too old for this."

Hyozo
2009-02-12, 02:56 AM
As I walked down the street to Lucky's I heard several rumors. Rumors that a Capone had been captured and killed attempting to infiltrate the hospital staff. Rumors that the capones had taken their revenge in the form of killing our mayor. Rumors that the capones might be doing these things to intimidate a new gang in town. I was sick of rumors, I wanted the truth, I wanted Al Capone behind bars, I wanted a sandwich which actually had cheese on it this time. But at the moment I couldn't get any of these things, which was why I was heading to Lucky's. At Lucky's there were often people who paid good money to know the rumors.

((point to come later))

TRM
2009-02-12, 08:23 AM
Point at Uncle Festy. A trend I've noticed is for wolves to point at other wolves on Days (especially Day 1) when their point doesn't matter, so that they look innocent if that wolf is later lynched.

It's not much of one, but it's an idea. Of course, if anyone has other theories, those are likely to be a better choice...

Jontom Xire
2009-02-12, 09:54 AM
I'm going to have to go for Thes Hunter.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-12, 10:02 AM
((Goof - who're ya talking to? Open invite for RP?))

Celeste sighed and slipped on her long gloves, pulling them all the way up to her elbows. It was cold, and the gloves kept her from having to actually touch anything on her way to Lucky's. It had been quiet the day before, and quiet that night. That meant only one thing - the Mob was out and about. And sure enough, this morning, a mobster caught, a citizen killed. She sighed - death was bad for business.

Celeste slipped on her favorite red dress and headed down to the bar. At least at Lucky's there were people to talk to, and usually someone up for a quickie in the bathroom. But there was always something to see and news to hear. On her way out, she grabbed a white scarf and wrapped it around her neck.

She spots a guy who stiffed her once - Kerfuffle Mach. She flips him the bird and keeps walking, her boot heels clicking in perfect rhythm on the sidewalk.

Murska
2009-02-12, 10:15 AM
A man stood in a dark corner. The man was rather unimpressive at first glance, and not many would ever glance at him a second time. His clothes concealed most of him and his posture and attitude hinted at a wholly unremarkable person, living his life in a slum, thoroughly fed up with his life but lacking the skills and ambition for anything better. But if anyone happened to notice his eyes, they were sharp and kept watching the passing people carefully.

These eyes of his found someone. Jontom Xire. He studied the man carefully and then he seemed to be lost in thought, almost forgetting to check the next person coming in.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-12, 11:59 AM
(Autolynches can and do happen on Day 2.

This will be our only warning :smallwink:, as stated in the rules FORUMS PERMITTING players must vote at least once every two day phases.

Today's list of potential autolynch victims are:

Doseki
Dr. Bath
Emperor Demonking
Mustiado
Numberfourteen
SweetLikeLemmons
The Bushranger

Another two notes:

Do not rely on the narrators to update the current list of players. We'll update when we get the chance. If players want to update who has voted, and what the lists of the dead are vs. the living... GO FOR IT.

Also, please don't expect trophies. If we have a volunteer that has the time and inclination to make the trophies - please contact me.

That is all.

See you at the lynch scene...

:smallwink:)

The Bushranger
2009-02-12, 12:06 PM
((I believe the Goof was talkin' to you, Dirk Kris.
RP to follow when Deathslayer responds to my last. :smalltongue:))

Dirk Kris
2009-02-12, 12:48 PM
((Andre, I think Bathy filed an away-notice.
And I ain't scared o' no Goof!))

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-12, 12:54 PM
((Andre, I think Bathy filed an away-notice.
And I ain't scared o' no Goof!))

(He did? He must have missed us, since I don't remember seeing a PM. The thread must not have been up yet.

I'll look through the WW Central posts, and if I see it there we'll put his autolynch on hold.

Thanks! :smallwink:

AF ~)

Dirk Kris
2009-02-12, 01:10 PM
Dr. Bath and Aemoh have filled away notice, in one form or another, so I will give them this day as a bonus. If they don't point today or tommorow, they will be autolynced when day 7 ends.

Saw this in one of my other games.

Deathslayer7
2009-02-12, 01:23 PM
((eek...didn't see the thread! But I'm here now!))

And that night, after the lights are out and the city has gone to bed, a man comes walking up the street. He looks like an ordinary, normal, plain man making the transition from youth to middle age, except there's something...off about him, somehow, like he's slightly, ever so very slightly fuzzy around the edges?

This would be because he is dead. A ghost. He's learned to attain tangibility and a solid form, yet if you stare at him long enough you still notice that fuzziness.

And so Patrick O'Connell, a/k/a The Shadow, sometimes known by the alias "The Bushranger", walks up the drive to Liriel's house.

Sounds of cleaning can be heard coming from inside. The door is slightly ajar. Some country folk music can be heard as well. She sees Supagoof outside, doing something crazy as always. It didn't bother her anymore.

Trixie
2009-02-12, 01:24 PM
At Fin.

Mostly because the whole "shortest name" idea was dumb, and besides, "Al" Capone had the shortest name of them all.

"Sorry boss, we had a tip she was in the mob."

Fin was lynched. Fin was a member of the Capone Mob (Mobster).

Trixie seems dangerous, because she doesn't have that much experience it seems, but is still very good.
My compliments.

Trixie once again nailed h** target, as so many before, without error. If there was a bast tracker in the city, no, in the state, it obvious who would claim that title.

Again, Trixie's desk was liberally littered with photos, scoops, results of years of experience in the job. There was no doubt that members of the mob were all there. Now, it was only a matter of time until they were all lynched.

Alas, the police was lazy, the judges slow; only one of these monsters could be hanged in a day. After a bit, of hesitating, Trixie picked one photo.

Those who try to obstruct justice are those I call evil; I'm justice. Only the mafia would dare to raise its hand against justice; that hand will be hacked out and cast into the flames.
Dallas-Dakota, prepare to meet your gods. Even your mob name was so uncreative, it's a wonder how they taught you to hold a Thompson.

The Bushranger
2009-02-12, 01:49 PM
Sounds of cleaning can be heard coming from inside. The door is slightly ajar. Some country folk music can be heard as well. She sees Supagoof outside, doing something crazy as always. It didn't bother her anymore.

O'Connell pauses outside the house, watching for a moment. He hadn't meant to be away for so long...well, standing around never got a man (or a ghost) anything, now did it? And so he heads up to the porch, and, after a moment's hesitation, phases through the partly-open door and inside.

Doseki
2009-02-12, 02:03 PM
Going to point at Thes Hunter

Deathslayer7
2009-02-12, 02:05 PM
Liriel stood at the sink washing dishes from last week. She scrubbed at the dirty dishes furiosly, trying to clean them. That's when she felt the temperature drop a few degrees in the room. She stopped scrubbing but didn't turn around.

Mountain_Faerie
2009-02-12, 05:34 PM
Faerie quickly packs a bag.

We have to go check on Auntie and that creep, Albert. Get your coat. The train leaves in an hour. When I bought the tickets from Noir Cat, I was told to get to the station early. They are barely stopping this days out of fear!

((Andre: Hippie and I are going to be away for a day or two. It shouldn't effect my pointing, but I wanted to let you know to prevent an auto-lynch.))

Shishnarfne
2009-02-12, 06:14 PM
There were always people with something to hide... Especially in this town. I certainly had some skeletons I'd rather not let people know about... I'd been somebody once, but wasn't now, and it was just easier if everyone always thought that I was a nothing. Safer. Quieter. But darned if you didn't have to check the other nothings for people who were a lot more than they seemed...

But even if I'm nothing, not anyone, I still figure I ought to think for myself. It's all I've got left, you know? But there are those who try to be nothing and not think for themselves... They blend in right well... Might even confuse them for the bench they sit on... No better way to hide, until someone comes looking for someone trying too hard to look like nobody. Then you get hit. Fast.

Somebody ought to tell Doseki about this rule of thumb. Might save his hide someday. But being that person would only draw attention to me. Better to lie low and let no one figure out where they've heard my name before...

But things are going to get rough around here, and I'd rather they pass me by when they do. They won't. But I'd rather that they would. Wouldn't we all like that?

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 07:08 PM
Istari might have tried to save Fin.

[/reallyquicklogicthatisprobablywrong]

Shades of Gray
2009-02-12, 07:16 PM
The woman is at the police station.

What's going on around Here?!:smalleek: Two people are in the obituaries, and I hear that Uncle Festy got a death threat!?

ThePhantom
2009-02-12, 07:40 PM
Well, its been a short time since I arrived in the city, but I have a job now. Making sandwiches, a simple job, but a job.
One customer keeps saying I keep forgeting the cheese on his sandwiche, but I'm not.
Stupid iceddragons, clearly looking to get free food out of him.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-12, 07:44 PM
Hm.
Just skimming yesterday, it sorta looks like Queenfange (or possibly Jontom, though I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as it was supposedly a quick post) was pushing the Murska counterbandwagon. Also, she's new, so is more likely to not know that pushing the bandwagon opposite a wolf makes you suspicious.
Just a thought.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-12, 07:47 PM
Faerie quickly packs a bag.

We have to go check on Auntie and that creep, Albert. Get your coat. The train leaves in an hour. When I bought the tickets from Noir Cat, I was told to get to the station early. They are barely stopping this days out of fear!

((Andre: Hippie and I are going to be away for a day or two. It shouldn't effect my pointing, but I wanted to let you know to prevent an auto-lynch.))

Got it! :smallwink:

Istari
2009-02-12, 08:47 PM
Istari might have tried to save Fin.

[/reallyquicklogicthatisprobablywrong]

?????????

I wasn't even on a bandwagon that day Darkcomet

Flabbicus
2009-02-12, 08:58 PM
Most cities are like most dames, love them and they'll love you back. But this city isn't like that. This city is a bitch.

Rilik, Private Eye stumbles out of an alleyway. He's a little dirty and smells vaguely of cheap nonalcoholic liquor. Most people would think that the lush spent the evening snoozing in a random alleyway. Well, most people would be right.

My nightly stakeout of this suspicious alleyway was inconclusive. The scurrying of rats filled my ears like the sounds of nails on a chalkboard. I held out my hat in deference to the good citizens of this city but all I got was idle greetings and change.

I shoved the change into my pockets like a man stuffing himself for his last meal on earth. My boots scuffed the ground with the sound of a car screeching to a halt.

Then I saw the body. He dangled from the rope like some cheap puppet. Like the kind you'd buy at a nickel and dime store for a quarter. One of a cute cartoon character that your little sibling had decided to ugly up a bit.

Rilik glances at Fin's corpse swaying from the gallows. He lights a smoke and takes a long drag. He washes it down with a long drought form his hip flask.

The smoke drifted from my deathstick, obscuring my face and stinging my eyes. It clouded my vision like cancerous fog on a cloudy day. Maybe this is all that this city is.

After twenty minutes of internal monologue in the main city square Rilik draws, levels, and ***** his gun. He points it at- (to be determined after I create an Excel spreadsheet of people's votes to try and come up with a coherent reason to accuse someone).

(( Which is taking forever to make! ))

KerfuffleMach2
2009-02-12, 09:17 PM
She spots a guy who stiffed her once - Kerfuffle Mach. She flips him the bird and keeps walking, her boot heels clicking in perfect rhythm on the sidewalk.

James was also on his way to Lucky's. And he was very confused as to why a woman would randomly give him the finger. He didn't think he knew her. Oh well. Some people are just angry a lot.

On his way, James noticed iceddragons near an old building. Kinda gave him the heebie-jeebies. He started walking quicker to get past.

PhantomFox
2009-02-12, 09:37 PM
Hmm, Queenfange has the best reasoning so far.

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 09:40 PM
?????????

I wasn't even on a bandwagon that day Darkcomet

Flabbicus had some points against him already, Istari.

UncleWolf
2009-02-12, 09:43 PM
I'll point randomly at Shades of gray.

Flabbicus
2009-02-12, 10:50 PM
Flabbicus had some points against him already, Istari.

I completely misinterpreted that on the first read through.

Fostire
2009-02-12, 11:38 PM
Gianni Russo and his assistant/lackey Enzo Mancini where taking a small walk around the city. Having only recently arrived, they knew not much of the place and not knowing things is something Gianni despises.

See, I told you this city would be a great place to open shop, non of these places will be able to compete

I dunno Boss, what about that sandwich place across the street?

It does look a bit better than those other places, do you think it'll be a problem?

It wouldn' hurt to take a look.

Alright, let's check it out

As the pair is crossing the street they are almost hit by car
HEY! I'M WALKIN' HERE. Damn bastards don't know how to drive anymore.

Gianni continues walking towards the sandwich shop still cursing under his breath but Enzo stares at where the car went.
Say Boss, didn't that driver look familiar to you?

Didn't get much of a chance to look at him.

Well, it looked a lot like that guy you met yesterday, what was his name?

You mean androgial?

Yeah, that one.

If it was him, I hope he gets shot. Come on, let's go.

Yes Boss.

The pair enter the sandwich shop and take a look around.

The Bushranger
2009-02-13, 12:04 AM
Liriel stood at the sink washing dishes from last week. She scrubbed at the dirty dishes furiosly, trying to clean them. That's when she felt the temperature drop a few degrees in the room. She stopped scrubbing but didn't turn around.

Patrick chooses this moment to return to full tangibility, and removes his fedora respectfully.
I apologise for my long absence, milady. It's good to see you again, Liriel.

ThePhantom
2009-02-13, 12:05 AM
"Hi there, can I get you two gentlemen anythings? Ham sandwiche, turkey sandwiche, BLT sandwiche? You ask for a sandwiche, and we'll give you a sandwiche." The name tag of the man behind the counter says: Hello, My name is Todd Rose

whitehelm
2009-02-13, 01:38 AM
Hmm...twice now there has been a point at Queenfange right after a point at iceddragons. The points aren't that far apart so it's probably a coincidence, but I've got nothing better to go on right now.

iceddragons

Amplify
2009-02-13, 02:55 AM
((Inigo picks himself up off the stations steps.))

"Right, well brooding over it isn't going to help, I might as well visit the local newspaper archives and find out who the other former high priests were and take my revenge on them, at least it gives me somewhere to start in my quest for Atreyu."

A short trek and a few stops for directions later, he arrives at a somewhat diapalated brick office building that dosn't appear to get a whole lot of use.

Headed inside, he walks up to the clerk's desk.

"Hello my good man, do you have the newspapers by event?
"Indeed we do." the clerk replies.
"Excellent. May I take a look at the newspapers for the High priest Imohotep murders and all related incidents?"
"Here you go, have fun."
"Thanks."

Sitting down at one of the tables in the archives he begins browsing through the records.

"Okay, these records don't seem complete, but it does mention a few members of their cult."
"I know that Atreyu was thier leader, going by the telegram I received, and according to the recods there were six members of the gang, but only three are listed here."

A quick check and list comparison later bears fruit.

"All three of the recorded former cult members are still in the city! This should at least help on my road to revenge."
"There is:
* Recaiden
* Supagoof
* ThePhantom
Now, Recaiden appears to have been the highest ranking remaining former cult member left in the city, from what I can tell. He will make as good a starting point as any."

Helgraf
2009-02-13, 04:00 AM
((Not a lot to work with yet. Iceddragons))

Rain-soaked day blurs into cold-fingered night, quietly killing me off a little at a time, not having the gall to do it all at once. Faces on the streets pass like ghosts, pale, otherworldly, so many so far gone that one can hardly even see them anymore.

Shell people. Hollowed out gourds still going through the motions. The city's gears turn on their grease, and sometimes one gets caught in the machinery and ground into sausage. Maybe it comes as a relief to them - a reprieve from the world of grays and blacks without whites.

Hells if I know. Some people would say that makes me as bad or worse than any of them. Course, some people can only hold themselves up by pushin' down on other people. I know what that's like; but they don't get inside me easily.

Mouth is dry and I'm feeling a bit jittery, so I head uptown-downtown, in that peculiar dance that only exists when a city develops certain blind spots. Places where those that have can find those that want and use them without worrying about being hassled by the gentlemen of the watch.

I could stand being used, as long as the benefits were good. Up the street, down the shingle and around back. Three steps down and to the door; a casual knock. A tiny metal rectangle slides aside as Stubbs gives me the once-over, then works the door to let me in, reluctantly as always. I'm trouble and he knows it.

He also knows - because it's been explained to him slow and careful-like by the owner of the establishment - that he has to let me in. Apparently I'm good for the books, somehow.

Brickface and stucco. Beyond the little hallway, the lights dim. Calling this place a speakeasy would give it a sort of romantic kitsch that would utterly fail to paint an accurate picture of the place, of the ambition and the desperation. Politics that happens here isn't the nice clean sort of thing you'd expect up on the hill. No, it's like a monkey knife fight - and those knives are smeared with faeces because they're alright with their enemies dying of the infection.

A disturbing metaphor, right? It falls short, let me assure you. I don't get involved - not because I couldn't take any one of these bozos in a scrap, but because if you get too violent, you tend not to wake up. I'm there for the threat of violence that keeps the small fish in line. Well, that's part of why I'm there. I've already alluded to the other reason a guy like me would be found in a place like this, and like most things in this city, it boils down to needs and wants. I need to give 'em what they want. Well, okay, it's a bit more mercenary than that. I give 'em what they think they need, and they give me what I want, and for a few hours mostly, it works out good for the two of us and to hell with everyone else.

I knot up the scarf and toss it on the table near me, a table that's empty currently. I'd probably get more out of it if I could remember the dame it belongs to - but if I remember that, I might remember other things, and I have to remind myself there were bloodstains on the wall in the flop I woke up in. This is better. The scarf is clean at least - I made sure of that before I came here - no blood marks or the like to draw additional unwanted attention to it.

A drink is sent to me ... and so the night begins. At least it'll take the edge off the dryness...

Dr. Bath
2009-02-13, 06:27 AM
KerfuffleMach2 hmm hmm...

Thes Hunter
2009-02-13, 08:32 AM
(( 1st Sorry goof, but this is what happens when you combine me not having much time at night, and the forums sometimes timing out))

I awaken, still tied up in the chair. Whomever that mystery man was he's gone. I slip the knots and look around. Just a room with a door. The ceilings low, so I must be in a basement or something. I make my way out of the room, follow the hallway along, and find a set of stairs. They lead up to a door, which is locked.

*Scene from outside. Door is blown off it's hinges*

I step out into the street. The night's as hot as hell. I'm in a lousy part of a lousy town and I glance up the street - I'm staring at a goddess. I sniff the breeze that passes by her. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess in the red dress. What a dame like that is doing in a part of town like this is beyond me. I catch myself staring for too long, she notices. I hide my face and stammer out an introduction.

Sorry, er. I couldn't help but notice you there. I'm Goof. You shouldn't be alone in this part of town at this time of night. Can I walk you somewhere?

I glance up, trying to keep my ugly mugg as covered as I can. She doesn't seem afraid.

Thes pauses for a moment, recognition lights on her face. She hasn't met him in the ring yet, but a featherweight, heavy weight battle could always be arranged.

Er... Nah, I'm just about to catch a cab.

Thes begins to worry that the red dress isn't enough of a distraction and the man see through her 'disguise' and knows that she is Tommy Dynamite.

Just then a truck passes between them, and the next moment Thes is gone.

Fostire
2009-02-13, 09:41 AM
"Hi there, can I get you two gentlemen anythings? Ham sandwiche, turkey sandwiche, BLT sandwiche? You ask for a sandwiche, and we'll give you a sandwiche." The name tag of the man behind the counter says: Hello, My name is Todd Rose

I'll have one of em ham sandwiches please
Gianni turns to his assisstant
Enzo, we are not here to eat
But Boss, how will we know if the food is any good if we don't try it?
Good point
He turns to the man behind the counter
Alright mister.. He squints his eyes as he reads the name tag mister Rose, I'll try the turkey sandwich then
And make it quick please, I'm hungry

SweetLikeLemons
2009-02-13, 11:52 AM
((Quick point at androgial to avoid autolynch))

androgial
2009-02-13, 02:00 PM
well it seems fin hadn't been "rehabilitated" for long after all, not that that was any of my business. also seems the mob took out some one for their loss, not my business either. no, my business comes after the fact now. so here i am, digging two holes 6 feet long, 3 feet wide, 6 feet deep. i was lucky to find a job at all in this town so i ain't complaining any. looks like another political struggle though, so maybe id better dig a few extra as well. who knows when this will end. maybe ill actually earn enough to see supagoof fight this time around.

Aemoh
2009-02-13, 03:37 PM
*points at Shadowcaller*

Cause it's fun to.

((Still away-ish. Trying to make an effort though to not miss a day, though I still can't really read over the threads fully.))

ThePhantom
2009-02-13, 06:47 PM
"Right away sir." Todd turns to where the bread is keep. A quick cut from a knife, and the loaf is cut in half. He then takes out some lettuce and turkey. A few quick cuts, and turkey and lettuce slices fall on one half of the loaf. A few quick spashes of ketchup and mano, and with a mere tap, the other half of the loaf flies up and lands on top of the sandwiche. "Here you go."

2009-02-13, 10:02 PM
don't particularly feel like a writeup at the moment, (but might later) so I'm going to point at Iceddragons again for lack of a someone better.

whitehelm
2009-02-14, 02:25 AM
ATTENTION:

Andre is having trouble accessing the forums due to the new OOTS comic and will post the end-of-day update as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Ranna
2009-02-14, 04:50 AM
Ranna wanders the streets of her new home a little dazed and confused, it doesn't seem like such a bad place though they do seem to have some strange language.. all these people muttering about icedragons?? Is it like a drink or something she stops a random passer-by to ask for directions to a bar they name "Lucky's" when she remembers the name mentioned before..

"Say, what is this Icedragon everyone is talking about, is it a drink?"

Recaiden
2009-02-14, 10:13 AM
Amplify, that's all changed. Why would I get involved in something like that again? I'm the only one you can trust.

UncleWolf
2009-02-14, 10:39 AM
Randomly point at Thes Hunter
((Happy Death Metal Day!))

Amplify
2009-02-14, 12:42 PM
Amplify, that's all changed. Why would I get involved in something like that again? I'm the only one you can trust.
((OOC: Well, not much else that I can do. I had origonally intended to point at Atreyu every day, but then he had the nerve to go and not join in this time. You're simply the next step down, since I'm doing all my pointing entirley for RP reasons this time around.))

Madmal
2009-02-14, 12:59 PM
pointing randomly at wolfbane for pointing randomly:smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-14, 01:05 PM
*whew* Day 2 ends.

(Counts votes)

Scene –

A warehouse in the city.

The Capone Mob decided to kill all the Northsiders in one fell swoop by monitoring a spot where liquor was delivered to before moving it all to the speakeasy’s around the City.

One mobster kept a watch on the place from a rented room across the street. He kept track of the comings and goings in a little notebook, and he was relieved every so often by another gangster that took over the spying.

Soon they had a pattern – “Bugs” Moran came by each morning and picked up a wad of cash he in turn took to his boss.

Capone, conveniently out of town in Florida, called the shot in by phone – “Wipe ‘em all out!”

Two days later – St Valentine’s Day – two uniformed police officers approached the warehouse and placed everyone inside under arrest.

Every one of the men were frisked, and lined up facing the back wall.

Three “undercover” investigators came in after... with machine-guns and shotguns…

They opened fire gunning down everyone in the warehouse, leaving a river of blood and four bodies. There was only one survivor – Iceddragons, but he died without ever naming his attackers.

What the Capone gang didn’t realize was that “Bugs” Moran was never going to come back – ever. He’d sold out the operation to some local citizens tryin to make some easy money, and some real undercover cops were there to make the bust.

Iceddragons was lynched.
Emperor Demonking, Mustiado, and Numberfourteen were autolynched.

Iceddragons was a Citizen.
Emperor Demonking was a Citizen
Mustiado was a member of Untouchables (Mason).
and
Numberfourteen was either Elliot Ness or J Edgar Hoover (Scryer or Fool).

Day 2 Ends – Night 2 Begins

Night 2 Ends in 30 hours.

Madmal
2009-02-14, 01:14 PM
wait, so there's the possibility that the seer got autolynched? :smallmad:

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 01:15 PM
WHAT!? :smallfurious:

UncleWolf
2009-02-14, 01:18 PM
The Seer?
Come on dude!

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 01:36 PM
This is certainly shaping up to be one crappy weekend...

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-14, 01:47 PM
wait, so there's the possibility that the seer got autolynched? :smallmad:

(Correct. Again I say, please don't sign up for games if you can't post once every five days to vote.

But hey, real life rears a sometimes ugly head and this is just werewolf.)

Mustiado
2009-02-14, 01:51 PM
Oh wow.... I'm so sorry guys. :smallfrown:

Trixie
2009-02-14, 01:57 PM
You know, both in Death Note II WW Game and in this one roles I'd like/love to play were autolynched...

While I'm stuck in some meaningless cannon fodder one, like now, or I'm lynched for no reason whatsoever :smallmad:

There is no justice in this world :smallsigh:

PhantomFox
2009-02-14, 03:09 PM
Are we going to make them sing the "I'm Very Sorry Song"?

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 03:09 PM
Ugh. Further involvement by me in this game will likely be minimal.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-14, 03:10 PM
Nope. They already got their bloody valentines, that's tough enough.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-14, 03:10 PM
Damn.

This is why we make auto-replace lists...

Alarra
2009-02-14, 03:44 PM
I think I would have given people an extra day of inactivity with how obnoxious the boards have been lately.

PhantomFox
2009-02-14, 03:51 PM
Ugh. Further involvement by me in this game will likely be minimal.

Oh C'MON! Snap out of it man! We already went over this in central, this is NOT your fault by any means, and being an Eyore about it isn't going to help.

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 03:51 PM
Oh C'MON! Snap out of it man! We already went over this in central, this is NOT your fault by any means, and being an Eyore about it isn't going to help.

No, this isn't that.

PhantomFox
2009-02-14, 03:56 PM
Oh, sorry then. I came off a bit too harsh there. I'm just a tad frustrated with people seemingly dropping like flies all over the place at an inopportune time for me.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-14, 04:02 PM
I think I would have given people an extra day of inactivity with how obnoxious the boards have been lately.

:smalleek:

(But will the funky boards change? I'm not seeing it.

They had an extra 12 hours as it was... and I'm not sure anyone but Mustiado might have been saved.)

TRM
2009-02-14, 05:06 PM
Oh God. I really hope that it was the fool that was autolynched...

UncleWolf
2009-02-14, 05:09 PM
Oh God. I really hope that it was the fool that was autolynched...

They were a fool either way. :smalltongue:

Amplify
2009-02-14, 06:54 PM
They were a fool either way. :smalltongue:
"Ba-dum-tsh!", to go with the guy who has the drumkit avatar.

I hope it wasn't the seer though, otherwise the mafia are way out in front now :(

Mustiado
2009-02-14, 10:04 PM
I'm afraid Andre's right ont his one. No one to blame but myself, even if the boards have been kinda lacking.

Cmon guys, you can still do this!

whitehelm
2009-02-14, 11:44 PM
Mustiado: I think people are more concerned with Numberfourteen's autolynch than yours, so don't feel too bad.

UncleWolf
2009-02-14, 11:57 PM
I'm worried about everyone's autolynch. It means that there are still a lot of baddies out there.
Possibly more on each team than there are good guys total.:smalleek:

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 11:58 PM
I'm worried about everyone's autolynch. It means that there are still a lot of baddies out there.
Possibly more on each team than there are good guys total.:smalleek:

I guess we just have to hope that they kill each other off, then.

Also, screw minimal involvement. But I don't have any major suspicions yet in this game.

UncleWolf
2009-02-15, 12:00 AM
I guess we just have to hope that they kill each other off, then.

That would be nice.

Extremely nice.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-02-15, 12:04 AM
*reads what I missed. jaw drops.*

Well...this is a bad start...

Oh well. Guess we just gotta work harder to get the baddies out, then.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-15, 12:09 AM
Don't forget, we already have a wolf lynched... That was a pretty good start.

Darkcomet
2009-02-15, 12:10 AM
Don't forget, we already have a wolf lynched... That was a pretty good start.

True-but the Northside Mob remains intact. And they probably made an abduction on night 1.

Trixie
2009-02-15, 08:12 AM
I hate to admit it, but the rules seem to agree with you.

But still, we got them mobsters good, I hope we will repeat that at day two :smallamused:

Dr. Bath
2009-02-15, 08:29 AM
You know, both in Death Note II WW Game and in this one roles I'd like/love to play were autolynched...

While I'm stuck in some meaningless cannon fodder one, like now, or I'm lynched for no reason whatsoever :smallmad:

There is no justice in this world :smallsigh:

*sticks tongue out*

Villager is the most important role, by far. The fact people don't care about the game when they're not a power role is what gives the wolves such an easy ride, not that power-roles have died.

It shouldn't be the end of the world even if all the good power roles die. Psh. I'm now going to go back to lurking until I find something, as that's the only way I can play huge WWs...

Giving up doesn't help anyone Darkcomet.

Trixie
2009-02-15, 10:16 AM
*sticks tongue out*

Villager is the most important role, by far. The fact people don't care about the game when they're not a power role is what gives the wolves such an easy ride, not that power-roles have died.

Well... you do have a point :smalltongue:

At least this time I won't have to worry about my survival, so that the others won't be angry that I wasted a power role, and I'll be free to sacrifice myself if the need arises (such as keeping a power role alive) :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2009-02-15, 10:19 AM
Well... you do have a point :smalltongue:

At least this time I won't have to worry about my survival, so that the others won't be angry that I wasted a power role, and I'll be free to sacrifice myself if the need arises (such as keeping a power role alive) :smalltongue:

Or, you know, find the wolves or something. :smalltongue: That's pretty helpful.

Amplify
2009-02-15, 11:02 AM
But still, we got them mobsters good, I hope we will repeat that at day two :smallamused:
Didn't we just have day 2 and lynch a citizen?

Trixie
2009-02-15, 11:23 AM
Didn't we just have day 2 and lynch a citizen?

We did? :smallconfused:

[scratches head] Blame the forum outages, makes keeping track difficult.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-15, 04:12 PM
Night 2 Ends

The City
Mid-Febraury 1929

It's the coldest winter in years.

A man is in a drug store telephone booth talking on a phone.

"Boss, I got a lead on the Northside mob... I've spotted them at..."

RAT TAT TAT TAT TAT

The body slumps out of the telephone booth.

The phone shouts "Hello! Hello! Are you ok?"

"Bugs" Moran picks up the phone and answers.

"Yes, he found us and no he's not ok."

Phantomfox was killed by the Northside Mob. Phantomfox was an Untouchable (Mason).

Day 3 Starts Now!

Day 3 will end in around 50 hours.

evnafets
2009-02-15, 05:49 PM
People of this great city! We are under threat from these nefarious mobs. We need your help to catch these criminals. I ask you all to please work together. Check your neighbour is still at home. Please check in, and let us all know that you are still alive! By working together we can bring justice to the guilty, and peace to this fair city.

PhantomFox
2009-02-15, 05:56 PM
Slippin' rippin' dang fang rotten zarg barg-a-ding-dong....
Why is it that I always die early as a mason? Why?!

Trixie
2009-02-15, 06:18 PM
Um, wait, how does that work? Are the mobs alternating their kills (getting one kill per day)?

Or is that 'abduction' rule a delayed kill and they get two? :smallconfused:

If so, why they both changed their behavior?

Meh, I need sleep, I'll puzzle about that in the morning :smallsigh:

Darkcomet
2009-02-15, 06:20 PM
I think that the Northside Mob did an abduction on night 1. Hm... Supagoof, perhaps? It was easy not to notice based on one of his later RP posts, and he hasn't posted since night 1 ended.

UncleWolf
2009-02-15, 06:41 PM
So much for the mobs taking each other out.

evnafets
2009-02-15, 06:50 PM
Ok, I have just received a list of "potentially missing citizens"
These are people who were not seen yesterday, and are feared kidnapped by the Northside Mob (disregarding autolynchees)

Alarra
Cynan Machae
Dallas Dakota
Noir Cat
QueenFange
Selrahc
ShadowCaller
Supagoof
TiredNDrowzy

If your name is on this list of missing peoples, can you please contact the authorities so we can stop worrying about you? There are also rumors that an abduction happened last night, so it would be a good idea to check in anyway.

TRM
2009-02-15, 07:08 PM
Can abductees send PMs?

And, you know what would be great? If instead of abductions, the mobs forgot to send in night kills. :smalltongue:

Selrahc
2009-02-15, 07:34 PM
Hey. I haven't been abducted.

Shadowcaller
2009-02-15, 07:53 PM
I'm here, *votes for KerfuffleMach2*

The Bushranger
2009-02-15, 07:59 PM
deathslayer7 for slacking on the RP. :smalltongue:

Alarra
2009-02-15, 08:02 PM
(I is not abducterated! *withholds point because I don't know who's a bad guy yet* *withholds rp cause I'm crabby, but I'll do something better later*)

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-15, 08:33 PM
Can abductees send PMs?

Abductees are not allowed to discuss the game, post in thread, or respond to game pms.

This is self-regulated, but breaching the trust is foul play.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-15, 11:30 PM
People dieing, left and right! You have to do something officers. This is more than a Kerffufle at mach2, this is at least mach 3 or 4! The woman stands at the police station.

Fostire
2009-02-15, 11:30 PM
"Right away sir." Todd turns to where the bread is keep. A quick cut from a knife, and the loaf is cut in half. He then takes out some lettuce and turkey. A few quick cuts, and turkey and lettuce slices fall on one half of the loaf. A few quick spashes of ketchup and mano, and with a mere tap, the other half of the loaf flies up and lands on top of the sandwiche. "Here you go."

((sorry for taking so long to reply, I was away for the weekend))

Gianni pays for the sandwich, takes it and examines it from all possible angles before taking a bite. He takes his time chewing and tasting it before turning to his assistant.
It's not bad. The place looks fine too. Enzo, what do you think?

I think this is a fine establishment, Boss, but It won't compare to what your's will be.

Yes, that's what I thought too. He turns back to the man behind the counter Well Mr. Rose, we'll be taking our leave now.
He starts walking towards the door, stops, and turns around.
Oh, I almost forgot, my name's Gianni Russo, be sure to remember it, you'll be hearing it a lot soon.
Without waiting for the man to respond, Gianni and Enzo leave the shop and head towards Gianni's own, recently acquired, shop.

Say Boss, what are we gonna do now?

Me, I'm gonna prepare for tonight's grand opening. You will go get the last thing we need.

What's that?

Friends, that's what you need to make it big in a large city like this. And the best way to get them is to do them favors. That androgial guy seemed like the wrong kind of people, I bet someone wants him gone and that someone is who we want to be friends with.

You want me to make him disappear?

No, for now just get some info on him.

Alright Boss, I'll get right to it.

As Enzo left, Gianni couldn't help but smile, he was sure that his self named restaurant was gonna be big.

ThePhantom
2009-02-15, 11:36 PM
"Hey! You didn't pay for the sandwiche!" Todd Rose yells at Gianni. "You have to pay for it!" Idots like him and that Selrahc make me so mad.

Noir_Cat
2009-02-16, 02:06 AM
I am still alive and well and not abducted, so I can be taken off the list. Sorry I hadn't posted in a few days, I have been slightly distracted.

Deathslayer7
2009-02-16, 03:06 AM
Patrick chooses this moment to return to full tangibility, and removes his fedora respectfully.
I apologise for my long absence, milady. It's good to see you again, Liriel.

Sorry. It seemed to have gotten lost with me sort of/sort of not paying attention. :smallredface:

Liriel turns around and watches him, wondering what to say. She tries to come up with soething, but nothing seems good enough. In the end, she just walks over and hugs him, letting him hold her.

points at Alarra for not getting that thread up. hint hint wink wink. :smallwink:

Jontom Xire
2009-02-16, 04:25 AM
I point at Shades of Gray for sneakily pushing a bandwagon this early in the voting.

androgial
2009-02-16, 07:19 AM
It's a vicious cycle in this city. you get 2months to a year between political struggles. the cemetery fills up fast during that time. doesn't matter who you are, one wrong move or be in the wrong place at the wrong time and you are in need of a pine box. point in fact I'm digging my ninth hole already here. first eight were filling up fast in only 2 days. that is a sure sign of a new political struggle. new comers to this city wouldn't notice. poor souls. they are going to want to get involved, make themselves stand out, make themselves targets. and some of them, like that lord rod fellow look at those of us who know better like we are the suspicious ones. me i am just going to dig holes this time around. stay out of it. yeah stay out of it and dig holes.

Fostire
2009-02-16, 08:42 AM
"Hey! You didn't pay for the sandwiche!" Todd Rose yells at Gianni. "You have to pay for it!" Idots like him and that Selrahc make me so mad.
He did pay:

Gianni pays for the sandwich, takes it and examines it from all possible angles before taking a bite. He takes his time chewing and tasting it before turning to his assistant.
see?

Dirk Kris
2009-02-16, 09:12 AM
Celeste gets to Lucky's and lets herself in, smiling as she gets some appreciative whistles. She waves to a few customers she recognizes, then slinks into a barstool. She slides some cash across the bar - it'll pay for her drinks and some privacy, should she get any business. She scans the room for the john from the previous night - hoping to get her scarf back. She doesn't see him. She does, however, spot a poor, sad-looking wreck of a man by himself at the end of the bar. She watches from the corner of her eye as she tosses back a shot of whiskey. He finishes a drink and opens his wallet - cash. Her favorite. Taking her bottle and glass, she sidles up to him, leaning close to let him smell her perfume. Then she recognizes him - Shadowcaller. She thinks he works downtown somewhere, with the mayor or something. "Hello there, handsome. You look like you could use a friend."

Shadowcaller
2009-02-16, 09:17 AM
((That was unexpected:smallbiggrin:. I will role-play some once I got time:smallwink:))

TRM
2009-02-16, 10:14 AM
I point at Shades of Gray for sneakily pushing a bandwagon this early in the voting.
And he pointed at Fin on Day 1. If I continue to follow my logic for pointing at Uncle Festy yesterday, that makes Shades of Gray an excellent Day 3 choice for my point.

Recaiden
2009-02-16, 10:16 AM
LordRod went to buy a sandwich from the competition. Just like a mobster.

Ranna
2009-02-16, 11:52 AM
Ranna totally lost in her new town wanders the streets aimlessly searching out her ways to the local bar. She walks past many old supermarkets with their windows papered over, she stops to read some of the old headlines, MAFIA IS BEATEN.. Many citizens feared Abducted, Gangland War starts Anew..

"Hmm seems this place has a mafia problem.. I sure know how to pick em.."

she wanders off past an old restaurant and bumps into a pair of likely looking mobsters she over hears one of them introducing himself as Gianni (lordRob) and chuckles to herself, now if that ain't a mob boss name.. what is!?

Mountain_Faerie
2009-02-16, 12:27 PM
Faerie and Albert step onto the platform from the train. People are crying and wailing. Faerie takes Alberts hand and starts walking quickly. As they round the corner, they run smack into Bushranger. Their luggage goes flying as they land hard on the ground. As they try to gather themselves back up, Faerie sees the paper Bushranger was carrying. Apparently some very important people died while they were gone. (That sucks!)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-16, 12:37 PM
Seeing that Bushranger not paying attention to where he was walking, walked straight into Faerie and Albert. Bushranger should pay more attention to where he walked, he couldn´t blaim Faerie, after all, she had to look after Albert first....And Albert was just a kid...

Dallas helps them pick up their luggage. Miss, kid, are you alright? That was one smack...

Darkcomet
2009-02-16, 12:39 PM
Shades of gray for logic!

ThePhantom
2009-02-16, 01:13 PM
"Oh, there it is. Maybe I should look into getting glasses. Sorry!"

Wreckingrocc
2009-02-16, 01:31 PM
Shades of Gray because that's who the person above me is voting for.

I am not kidnapped... Just kind of bored.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-16, 01:38 PM
Shades of Gray - not enough time for anything else.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-16, 01:46 PM
Ranna totally lost in her new town wanders the streets aimlessly searching out her ways to the local bar. She walks past many old supermarkets with their windows papered over, she stops to read some of the old headlines, MAFIA IS BEATEN.. Many citizens feared Abducted, Gangland War starts Anew..

"Hmm seems this place has a mafia problem.. I sure know how to pick em.."

she wanders off past an old restaurant and bumps into a pair of likely looking mobsters she over hears one of them introducing himself as Gianni (lordRob) and chuckles to herself, now if that ain't a mob boss name.. what is!?

(If this post is going to count, it needs to be in red. Right now this doesn't count for those of you keeping score at home.)

evnafets
2009-02-16, 02:33 PM
evnafets points at Tired'n'Drowzy just because he kinda is right now. And because he was fourth on a bandwagon I think.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-16, 02:35 PM
I did not push a bandwagon, Shadowcaller voted for Kerfuffle before...

Meh. They're loss... the woman says, sitting on a park bench.

Istari
2009-02-16, 02:39 PM
ThePhantom for suggesting that he needs glasses.
That's very suspicious

whitehelm
2009-02-16, 03:04 PM
The sudden bandwagon against Shades of gray is a bit suspicious. I'll point at Bushranger also.

Dr. Bath
2009-02-16, 03:05 PM
I did not push a bandwagon, Shadowcaller voted for Kerfuffle before...

Meh. Their loss... the woman says, sitting on a park bench.

That would be what pushing a bandwagon is Shades of Gray. A random point a bandwagon does not make, tis the second and third points that do that.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-16, 03:14 PM
Very well then... Nothing I say can really help my case, and I've learned from my last game that changing my point just makes people want to point at me more.

Dr. Bath
2009-02-16, 03:20 PM
Very well then... Nothing I say can really help my case, and I've learned from my last game that changing my point just makes people want to point at me more.

I'd be quite willing to change my point if you have a valid alternitive.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-16, 03:22 PM
Sadly, there is no valid target that I know of. I'm not quite good at analyzing these games. I also don't want to pull an Emperor Demon King and say I'm X role. I might as well change my vote to the one with the most votes so far, which I believe is Bushranger.

Deathslayer7
2009-02-16, 03:26 PM
save my rp buddy! save BR! Points at Shades of Gray

Shishnarfne
2009-02-16, 03:34 PM
It seems that there are some towns where a body can live in peace. Places where you can go about your business with few worries more than whether your kid is going to do their homework, or if you'll have to get more coffee in the morning. This town ain't one of those places. And before you criticize an out of work writer for that kind of grammar... just see if the sentence is half as strong without it.

It's not that I can't write. I still know the business, can still craft a sentence when I set my mind to it. I just can't work on writing without these horrid flashbacks striking... and it's not going to get better, not unless something changes.

There were suspicious characters, including those who should know better, and those trying too hard not to look suspicious. I suppose some might put me in the latter category, I guess. Best not to say too much, though, not in this town. But there were several names that passed through my head as I scanned the day's passers-by from my seat on a bench... not the one I'd slept under last night, but a different one. The one that seemed to make the most sense to me: LordRod. Not that he seemed likely to get lynched today... and the mob would be brutal whomever they chose... but their likely targets just didn't seem guilty to me. Of course, I've been wrong before, more often than right even... But if I put my word against someone who I don't believe likely guilty, I've destroyed my own individuality... and that's worse than being killed, to my mind...

Aemoh
2009-02-16, 04:35 PM
*shrugs*

*points at Shishnarfne*

Amplify
2009-02-16, 05:42 PM
Information in hand, Inigo sets off from the newspaper archives and heads for lucky's bar and grill.

"Bartenders tend to pick up news and gossip, right?"

headed inside, he orders his drink and makes himself comfortable at the end of the bar.

"I'll have a scotch on the rocks and don't skimp on the ice."

Without saying a word, the tender whips up the drink and hands it to him.
While putting some money on the counter, he takes a sip of his drink and then poses the barman a question. "I am searching for a man named Recaiden, do you have any information on where I could find him?

Ranna
2009-02-16, 06:33 PM
Sorry Andre, when i first went to post the colour font button wasnt working and then the edit page wouldnt load so I forgot :( - Its fixed now

Trixie
2009-02-16, 07:43 PM
So... who is losing? Shades of Gray? :smallsigh:

Too tired to RP now, if there is better target I'll change point tomorrow morning.

The Bushranger
2009-02-16, 07:43 PM
Sorry. It seemed to have gotten lost with me sort of/sort of not paying attention. :smallredface:

Liriel turns around and watches him, wondering what to say. She tries to come up with soething, but nothing seems good enough. In the end, she just walks over and hugs him, letting him hold her.

points at Alarra for not getting that thread up. hint hint wink wink. :smallwink:

((No problem. :smallsmile:
And I seem to have an impostor walking around reading newspapers! :smalleek:))

Patrick smiles and returns the hug, his arms wrapping around her as he gently kisses the top of her head. It's good to be back, milady. I hope life has been well for you...

((And :smalleek: Shades of gray))

Fostire
2009-02-16, 07:56 PM
Sorry Andre, when i first went to post the colour font button wasnt working and then the edit page wouldnt load so I forgot :( - Its fixed now

At least you could have gotten the name right :smalltongue:

Mountain_Faerie
2009-02-16, 08:50 PM
Seeing that Bushranger not paying attention to where he was walking, walked straight into Faerie and Albert. Bushranger should pay more attention to where he walked, he couldn´t blaim Faerie, after all, she had to look after Albert first....And Albert was just a kid...

Dallas helps them pick up their luggage. Miss, kid, are you alright? That was one smack...

Thanks. My name's Faerie and this is my little brother Albert.

Faerie blushes and takes her bag from Dallas. Albert is sitting on the ground pulling the gravel out of his knee.

You are very kind to help us when no one else would stop. Who are you, kind sir?

Madmal
2009-02-16, 09:49 PM
Pointing at Jontom Xire

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-17, 09:19 AM
(Due to the forums quirkiness, we'll extend voting another 24 hours.

That should give enough time and access to vote, and we can in clear conscience autolynch nonparticipants.

Day ends in about 34 hours.)

Cynan Machae
2009-02-17, 09:27 AM
I'm going to go with Bushranger

Jontom Xire
2009-02-17, 10:17 AM
Good god! I've just realised that I was the first person to point at Shades of gray. I had no idea I was starting a bandwagon!

So I'm going to change my point to Lord rod to try and alleviate my guilt!

Not that it will change the end result.

Now excuse me, I'm just going to go have a look why I pointed at Shades of gray in the first place.

Trixie
2009-02-17, 10:31 AM
Exactly :smallannoyed:

I hope SoG turns out to be evil, or that someone finds a better target, as I don't want to lynch an innocent.

TRM
2009-02-17, 10:41 AM
Exactly :smallannoyed:

I hope SoG turns out to be evil, or that someone finds a better target, as I don't want to lynch an innocent.
Really? I do.

Trixie
2009-02-17, 01:44 PM
Really? I do.

Aha! Ze German!

Oh, wait, wrong game.

So, Trixie kan haz hear a better target proposition nao, instead of, you know, sarcasm? :smalltongue:

Alarra
2009-02-17, 01:50 PM
*points at Ranna* *rp to come later*

Selrahc
2009-02-17, 01:59 PM
Shades of Grey.

Helgraf
2009-02-17, 06:05 PM
*points at Jontom Xire for 'accidentally' starting a bandwagon* ((RP also to come later))

2009-02-17, 06:15 PM
Hmmm, I think I'm going to have to go with Ranna today.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-18, 01:46 PM
(I figured this would happen; since I extended the day once already we'll continue with tonight's lynching - if the forums are still up.

The night phase will still be 24 hours long, if neccessary I'll PM my email address to those with night actions and if the forums are down again, then I'll make the update as soon as it's up again.)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-18, 02:05 PM
Thanks. My name's Faerie and this is my little brother Albert.

Faerie blushes and takes her bag from Dallas. Albert is sitting on the ground pulling the gravel out of his knee.

You are very kind to help us when no one else would stop. Who are you, kind sir?
Pleasure to meet you Faerie, Albert.
In a cruel world, we need to stand toghetter. What else would we live for, if we can´t trust and enjoy eachothers company? I´m Dallas.

Do you have to walk far? It would certainly would be a bother with all that luggage.
I completely understand if you don´t trust me enough in a city like this in times like these, but it would be my pleasure to help you carry all of that.

Trixie
2009-02-18, 02:55 PM
(Due to the forums quirkiness, we'll extend voting another 24 hours.

That should give enough time and access to vote, and we can in clear conscience autolynch nonparticipants.

Day ends in about 34 hours.)

I think you picked the wrong day to say that underlined part :smallwink:

Flabbicus
2009-02-18, 03:06 PM
Life was bland. Washed out. Like faded pants that only show certain Shades of Gray.

Rilik stares at the rather shady character. He points an accusing pistol at the fellow.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-18, 03:10 PM
I think you picked the wrong day to say that underlined part :smallwink:

(Thanks! I think...

:smallwink:

Do you want me to delay the lynch again? :smalleek: I know you're kidding, but I'm kind of in a lose / lose situation here.

I've already had at least one request to end it as scheduled this afternoon and move on.

I'll still be available on MSN if the boards go down, but still night actions sent in early are night actions that are good. :smallwink:)

Dirk Kris
2009-02-18, 04:17 PM
((I think that even before the board issues today, we've all had plenty of time to get points in. Do you really think that a few extra hours will make THAT big a difference? Now, I understand if we're gonna lose 2 or 3 people to auto's - I certainly don't want that.))

KerfuffleMach2
2009-02-18, 11:03 PM
Man. I tried getting on here last night, and boards were down. Tried earlier today, nothing.

Anywho, random point at Helgraf. No reason. Just so I can say I voted.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-18, 11:53 PM
The City Police had a slaughter on their hands, and they proceeded to round up all the usual suspects and parade them before the witnesses.

Twelve witnesses fingered four different people in the mass killing.

Noir Cat was first to be questioned, and detained.

NoirCat was autolynched. NoirCat was a Citizen. She made her bail, but skipped town shortly thereafter.

The next person fingered for involvement in the mass killings was Queenfange, who was immediately arrested and brought in for questioning.

Queenfange too was innocent, caught up in a corrupt world of dirty politicians and untrustworthy women that carry more guns than cash. Queenfange was autolynched. Queenfange was a Citizen. She too skipped town.

Thes Hunter’s name was brought up as a usual suspect, but she was no where to be found.

Thes Hunter was autolynched. Thes Hunter disappeared into the northern wastes of Wisconsin, home of brats and beer. She was never seen again (sober). Thes Hunter was a member of the Capone Mob (Mafia).

Finally, nine witnesses identified Shades of Gray as having something to do with the mass murder.

Unfortunately, seeing as Shades of Gray was actually Commissioner Gordon (Baner) he was certainly there to INVESTIGATE the murders, not perform them. But, since this is a corrupt city, rumors abounded that Commissioner Gordon was himself corrupt, and he was politically removed from any involvement in any investigations. Shades of Gray was lynched.

Day 3 ends, Night 3 begins!

Please get your inputs into myself and Zar Peter in under 24 hours!

Jontom Xire
2009-02-19, 03:43 AM
Ok, before everyone tries to lynch me tomorrow for starting the bandwagon against the baner I'd like to point out that I was the first vote and had no idea everyone was going to follow me.

I'd also like to point out that my point at Thes Hunter (who turned out to be Capone mob) didn't turn into a bandwagon. Just luck of the draw...or enemy action.

The people who turned it into a bandwagon were, in order of appearance:

The Rogue Monk
Darkcomet
Tired N' Drowzy
Uncle Festy
Dr. Bath

To me, Tired N' Drowzy and Uncle Festy are the most suspicious on that list, presuming that anyone knew that SoG was the baner.

The first people to push a counter-bandwagon to try and "save" Shades of Gray were:

whitehelm
Ranna
Shades of gray
Shishnarfne
Cynan Machae
Jontom Xire

Although by the time Cynan Machae and I weighed in it was far too late. In fact that list were pushing two separate counter-bandwagons. Pity we didn't co-ordinate, but then we had no idea that SoG was baner and how important it was.

Amplify
2009-02-19, 06:22 AM
((OOC: .....It's not even day 4 yet, and it may be possible that both the scryer and the baner are both dead already.

I feel like I'm / we are in a hopeless situation here :( ))

Darkcomet
2009-02-19, 07:26 AM
:eek:

I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry....

Trixie
2009-02-19, 07:53 AM
[facepalms] Last time I listen to Jontom's advice :smallmad:

Okay, day 4 is about to begin, there should finally be enough info to make an informed guess. No more bandwagons for me, at least not without a good logic behind them :smallsigh:

At least second mobster is dead, too. I wonder if he left any clues behind [too busy right now to check that].

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-19, 08:01 AM
Drat. Well this sucks....

P.s. Thes is a she.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-19, 08:27 AM
((...well that sucks. I, for one, will not give up, though. I'm just upset that there have been SO MANY auto-lynches lately, in all the WW games. I don't blame the narrators at all, and I KNOW there have been board issues. But I only post during the weekdays, and I STILL always manage to get points in. Come on people, let's TRY, OK?))

PS: I still love you guys - all of ya.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-19, 08:29 AM
(The bigger the game, the more autolynches you can expect.)

TRM
2009-02-19, 10:08 AM
Ok, before everyone tries to lynch me tomorrow for starting the bandwagon against the baner I'd like to point out that I was the first vote and had no idea everyone was going to follow me.

I'd also like to point out that my point at Thes Hunter (who turned out to be Capone mob) didn't turn into a bandwagon. Just luck of the draw...or enemy action.

The people who turned it into a bandwagon were, in order of appearance:

The Rogue Monk
Darkcomet
Tired N' Drowzy
Uncle Festy
Dr. Bath

To me, Tired N' Drowzy and Uncle Festy are the most suspicious on that list, presuming that anyone knew that SoG was the baner.

Very reasonable; I wouldn't lynch you just because of yesterday. Darkcomet, Tired N'Drowzy, and Uncle Festy seem the most suspicious to me too. In addition to coming one after another, boom, boom, boom, they also had no content to their posts other than "Shades of Gray, this point is purely innocent."

It probably doesn't mean anything (look at how well my last "psychology of the role" worked out), but it still reeks of wolf, I don't know.

@Trixie I had a reply to your German post on... Tuesday, but it died and I haven't been able to access the forums since. I was wondering why Shades of Gray suddenly seemed like a bad idea, because there was no reason to suspect he wasn't a wolf, and bandwagons can be formed suddenly for lots of reasons. Now that he's dead, I sound pretty evil—but I can't let a personal attack on my personal person go unanswered.

((OOC: .....It's not even day 4 yet, and it may be possible that both the scryer and the baner are both dead already.

I feel like I'm / we are in a hopeless situation here :( ))
We're not. It's bad, but the good news is that we have two mobsters dead (from the same mob, if that changes anything) and have a great bandwagon against the baner to analyse. We can still get this.

Mountain_Faerie
2009-02-19, 10:09 AM
Just as Faerie is about to reject Dallas' offer to help them home, Albert's friend Joey runs up.

"Didja hear?? Tha Commissioner got it! I heard there were fifty Tommy Guns! And a big fire! Ratatatatata...Ratatata...ratatatatat..."

:eek:

A chill runs up Faerie's spine.

Joey, that's enough. Go home to your Mama. Why Dallas, I think that's an excellent idea. Safety in numbers is what I always say. Let's get indoors where it might be safer.

((This isn't starting well at all.))

Dirk Kris
2009-02-19, 10:17 AM
((At least it's not as bad as Fears...and Fears 2. Lost the seer first night in BOTH games, baner soon after.))

Uncle Festy
2009-02-19, 10:29 AM
Aw sonuva…

Trixie
2009-02-19, 11:15 AM
@Trixie I had a reply to your German post on... Tuesday, but it died and I haven't been able to access the forums since. I was wondering why Shades of Gray suddenly seemed like a bad idea, because there was no reason to suspect he wasn't a wolf, and bandwagons can be formed suddenly for lots of reasons. Now that he's dead, I sound pretty evil—but I can't let a personal attack on my personal person go unanswered.

Um, what attack? I'm not sure if I'm thinking about the right post, but if you'll highlight it the joke becomes very obvious :smallsigh:

Sigh. I wonder why all sorts of people assume that I'm attacking them, which is almost never the case :smallsigh:

Alarra
2009-02-19, 02:05 PM
Dirk Kris, because only a bad guy would be okay with all these autolynches. :smallwink:

Dirk Kris
2009-02-19, 02:08 PM
((Pssst, don't listen to Alarra - she's just bitter and preggo and mad I stole her schtick. :smalltongue:))

Amplify
2009-02-19, 04:15 PM
Dirk Kris, because only a bad guy would be okay with all these autolynches. :smallwink:
((Pssst: It's the night phase. Also, note what The Rogue monk said yesterday if you're going with that line of reasoning.)

I don't want to lynch an innocent.
Really? I do.

(I bet this ends up double posting now, damned forum errors))

Helgraf
2009-02-19, 05:33 PM
((Pssst, don't listen to Alarra - she's just bitter and preggo and mad I stole her schtick. :smalltongue:))

((Oh, I'll give you a stick. :: pulls out an aluminium Louisville :: ))

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-19, 06:32 PM
(Update tonight will be in *around* 7 hours. Unless I have the inputs in earlier than that and I'm online.)

Deathslayer7
2009-02-19, 06:56 PM
((No problem. :smallsmile:
And I seem to have an impostor walking around reading newspapers! :smalleek:))

Patrick smiles and returns the hug, his arms wrapping around her as he gently kisses the top of her head. It's good to be back, milady. I hope life has been well for you...

((And :smalleek: Shades of gray))

it's better now that you are here. she says, looking up at him. How long do you plan to stay?

The Bushranger
2009-02-19, 07:06 PM
it's better now that you are here. she says, looking up at him. How long do you plan to stay?

Well, Patrick says after a long moment, looking back down, that...depends on how long you're willing to put up with a ghost hanging about. He smiles a little lop-sidedly.

Darkcomet
2009-02-19, 07:11 PM
Very reasonable; I wouldn't lynch you just because of yesterday. Darkcomet, Tired N'Drowzy, and Uncle Festy seem the most suspicious to me too. In addition to coming one after another, boom, boom, boom, they also had no content to their posts other than "Shades of Gray, this point is purely innocent."

It probably doesn't mean anything (look at how well my last "psychology of the role" worked out), but it still reeks of wolf, I don't know.

We're not. It's bad, but the good news is that we have two mobsters dead (from the same mob, if that changes anything) and have a great bandwagon against the baner to analyse. We can still get this.

I personally just follow logic until later in the game, which is when I start seeing patterns and the like. As I've demonstrated, though, I'm often wrong.

And I would bother to defend myself, but I only ever succeed at self-defense when I'm actually a wolf, so I might as well not bother. :smallsigh:

Deathslayer7
2009-02-19, 07:17 PM
As long as i have too. she says smiling herself. She then goes and gets dinner ready. Do ghosts eat? she asks, a little uncertain.

The Bushranger
2009-02-19, 07:23 PM
I don't think most do, but this one can. He's smiling broadly and happily now. What's on the menu for tonight?

Deathslayer7
2009-02-19, 07:24 PM
well i have to go to the store quickly and pick something up. What do you want?

(dead-time for me. got school. :smalltongue:)

The Bushranger
2009-02-19, 07:28 PM
((No prob. See ya later!))

Would you mind if I went with you? And I think a nice steak would be very good.

TRM
2009-02-19, 08:24 PM
Um, what attack? I'm not sure if I'm thinking about the right post, but if you'll highlight it the joke becomes very obvious :smallsigh:

Sigh. I wonder why all sorts of people assume that I'm attacking them, which is almost never the case :smallsigh:
I don't think you were really attacking me. But let's start a feud anyway and become archenemies. AAAAH.

((Pssst: It's the night phase. Also, note what The Rogue monk said yesterday if you're going with that line of reasoning.)

What did I say?

Fostire
2009-02-19, 10:18 PM
As night came so did the grand opening of Gianni's restaurant. It was a full night and Gianni walked amongst his customers making sure everyone was happy.
Everyone seems to be enjoying the food, no surprises there, I made it.

The waiters seem to be doing a good job too, although they seem a bit overwhelmed, maybe I should hire one more. I'll put a sign up tomorrow.

Are those the Smith's? I heard they are good friends with the mayor I'll go talk to them

Hello sir, madam, is everything to your liking?

Yes, everything is made by me.
I have some help of course, but I'm the main chef

Thank you very much, the secret ingredient is a touch of cinnamon

Glad to hear it. If you need anything else, just ask and I will personally serve you.

:smallsigh: Where is Enzo? he should have been back hours ago.

Ah, there he is. Finally

So? how did it go?

Not very good Boss.

Did they see you?

I don't think so, but I couldn't find any info on that androgial fella.

Well that's not good, but tell me about it later. Now clean yourself and come help me in the kitchen, plenty of customers tonight.

Right away Boss

Deathslayer7
2009-02-19, 10:44 PM
She thinks on this for a moment. Steak needs to be properly marinated for it to be good. I learned a recipe from my grandma which makes good steaks, but it needs a full day to marinate.

We could have steaks tomorrow, as long as you cook them.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-02-19, 11:39 PM
Man. This isn't going so well.

Oh well. Time to knuckle down, I guess.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-20, 01:00 AM
Night ends -

Tonight deserves two kill scenes.

*Scene back, a few days ago*

She looked back at him.

My names Fiona. You want some company tonight?

My chest begins pounding. This goddess actually wanted to hang around with me. I wasn’t one to question providence, so I held out my elbow and we walked. We headed back to Lucky’s to down a few. She tells me of her life, and I tell her of mine. The rise, the fall, the pain, the surviving. As the night passes on, we head to a hotel just a little ways out of the city. She must have taken pity on me, cause it’s the best night I’ve had in a long time. Fiona doesn’t hold back. Her hands move with hesitation across my scarred body. We fall asleep.

When I awaken, the bed is wet and cold. I glance over, and find the goddess still lying there. I smile for a moment, thinking how nice it is not to have her run away in terror. It lasts for only a few seconds, when I notice the color had drained from her face. Looking down, I notice the blood all over the bed. My pulse rises as my mind begins racing. Did I do this? When did I last take my medicine? But then I notice the smooth cut across her throat. There’s no way I could have done that, I’m not a man of precision or subtlety.

I hear sirens in the distance, coming. It’s a setup. I’ve been framed for murder, and the cops are in on it.

*knocks on door* Open up! You’re surrounded.

I’ll be right out.

I kick open the door, taking several cops with it. I run and grab one and jump over the balcony. He cushions the landing.

As I stand up, there’s a man in a black coat. I’ve seen him once before. He was with the northside gang.

That's one fine coat you're wearing

Ask yourself Goof, if that corpse is worth dying for.

I pull out gladys in a rage.

Worth dying for.
*shoots him in the knee*
Worth killing for
*shoots him in the chest*
Worth going to hell for
*shoots him in the head*

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q99/blackspider2331/marv.jpg

I take the coat and I make my way out of the hotel. The cops are hot on my trail. But I lose them near the tart pits and head to Mickey’s gym. I run into an old friend, Zar Peter.

You look terrible.

I had to fight some cops.

Oh, that's lovely. You didn't happen to kill any of them, did you?

Nah, I don't think so, but they know they been in a fight, that's for sure. I've been framed for murder and the cops are in on it. But the real enemy, the scoundrel who killed the angel that was lying next to me, he's out there somewhere, out of sight, the big missing piece that'll give me the how and the why and a face and a name and a soul to send screaming into hell. I'll stare at him as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.

That’s too bad.

Hey – wha?

*Sound of pipe coming across the back of the head.*

I go unconscious.

I awake in a cell. I'm standing on my feet for about ten minutes before the cops kick them out from under me. They don't ask me any questions. They just keep knocking the crap out of me and waving a confession in my face. And I keep spitting blood all over it and laughing at how many fresh copies they come up with. Then along comes this worm assistant district attorney who turns the recorder off and says if I don't sign their confession, they'll kill my mom. I break his arm in three places and I sign it. It’s all kept quiet until the execution.

They strap me into the chair. They call it “Ole Sparky” I don’t give them the satisfaction of bringing in a priest.

http://www.comickaze.com/images/figures/marv.jpg

Any last words?

Yeah, would you hurry it up? I haven't got all night

They flip the switch. I laugh……..

Supagoof was abducted and killed by the Northside Gang. Supagoof was an Untouchable (Mason).

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-20, 01:20 AM
"Hey, did they just dump a body over there?"

"Sure did. You go get the boss while I try to stop him. Hey! Hey you!"

"Who me?"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Yeah, you. No dropping bodies on our side of town. People might get the wrong idea or somthing."

Dallas Dakota was killed by the Northside Gang. Dallas Dakota was a Capone Mobster.

Night 3 Ends

Day 3 Begins! and ends in (thinks for a minute) about 60 hours.

(That should give time in case the forums go down and a new comic comes up.)

KerfuffleMach2
2009-02-20, 01:34 AM
Well that was an interesting night.

Kerfuffle arrives at Lucky's. He sits at the bar and grabs a paper. He shakes his head at the headlines. So many people dying lately. And they seem so random. Worst of all, the commissioner was gone. This did not bode well.

((Can't think of a way to work it into the RP, so I'm pointing at Tired N' Drowzy.))

Dirk Kris
2009-02-20, 08:49 AM
Celeste gets bored waiting on the guy at the bar to make up his mind about whether he wants to spend some time with her or not. She adjusts her thigh-highs in full view of the bar, each movement slow - deliberate. She speaks quietly with Lucky, who tells her about a guy who caused trouble at another bar in town, some guy named Helgraf. With a name like that, who's surprised? She spots the guy who stiffed her before and decides to have a word with him. She sits next to Kerfuffle Mach and grabs the top of his paper, tearing it from his hands. "You got a lotta nerve, ya know that?"

TRM
2009-02-20, 09:36 AM
Tired N'Drowzy.

On that note, I'm going to be away until Sunday!

Jontom Xire
2009-02-20, 09:43 AM
Well, I have to go with my own analysis, but I'm not too keen on how fast this Tired n Drowzy bandwagon is going, so just to throw open another option, I point at Uncle Festy.

The Bushranger
2009-02-20, 10:39 AM
((Awesome, Andre.))

She thinks on this for a moment. Steak needs to be properly marinated for it to be good. I learned a recipe from my grandma which makes good steaks, but it needs a full day to marinate.

We could have steaks tomorrow, as long as you cook them.

Then it's agreed, Patrick says with a smile. And it's your choice of what to cook today.

((The Rogue Monk))

Shishnarfne
2009-02-20, 10:41 AM
...Some things in this city just have trouble adding up... The man called Jontom Xire criticized a bandwagon for growing too quickly... A bandwagon of merely two votes... When only three had been made....

I knew him... Or at least, knew of him... Smart man, word on the street was... Clever... but this, it just seemed a bit disingenuous... Not like him... Almost... Suspicious...

In his Murders of the Rue Morgue, Poe pointed out that you need to look for exceptions, that they point you to the truth faster than rules, and this looked like a potential exception, glaring me right in the face. Pity I'd have to stick my neck on the line to make anything of it, though.

Alarra
2009-02-20, 10:57 AM
Dirk Kris Sorry for the lack of rp, having a hard time getting into this character.