PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XVIII

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Bayar
2009-02-15, 08:50 AM
Gnomes aren't as bad as people make em out to be, it's mostly just the people behind them. Of course, I'm talking about WoW gnomes here. Seeing as I can't really comment on the DnD kind. It's too bad that I'm still obligated to dislike them.

For the Horde!

Leper Gnomes > normal Gnomes :D

Mina Kobold
2009-02-15, 10:00 AM
I like gnomes. Haflings aren't entirely ripped of LotR(they're thievery and have shoes). But I dislike Garl glittergold (gnome god) for collapsing a cave on the kobold god, according to Races of the Dragon all kobold god (forgot his name) did was to build a large mine for his people (which Garl destroyed on him) but when Garl ruined his dream but the other gods gave him (the kobold) a choice: his mine our to be the god and martyr of his people (he chose the last, heroic aint it).

On another note, what about "draconic week" that'll give some choices and be close to "kobold week" (Kobolds originated from Tiamat and that good dragon it fight's blood stain in their battle, awesome)

Shades of Gray
2009-02-15, 10:23 AM
Regarding the halfling thief thing: Hobbits were renowned thieves, and Bilbo in his earlier years was hired as one by Gandalf and the dwarves to get treasure from a dragon.

DnD didn't invent the Halfling Thief stereotype.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-15, 10:51 AM
Regarding the halfling thief thing: Hobbits were renowned thieves, and Bilbo in his earlier years was hired as one by Gandalf and the dwarves to get treasure from a dragon.

DnD didn't invent the Halfling Thief stereotype.

Actually that they where good as thief's is a coincidence. At Bilbo's time at least there was none Hobbit thief's and all Hobbits was peaceful people. Gandalf just like to mess with people.

Keris
2009-02-15, 11:46 AM
[rant]
Counter-arguments ahoy!

Why does everyone hate gnomes?! There is nothing wrong with them, save misrepresentation! They have been portrayed as annoying pranksters, annoying tinkerers, and annoying halflings, just more annoying!
Arguably, if something's portrayed exclusively as annoying, it probably is. While outside of D&D gnomes are seen usually as "earth dwellers", and caring deeply for nature, D&D attempted to recast the race, and make them more interesting, particularly for players. Hence we get the idea of Gnome tricksters, to appeal to those who want to play prankster characters. Ultimately, it was decided that Gnomes simply did not appeal enough players, and was removed for that reason.

If I were in charge, I'd just get rid of halfings and have gnomes replace them. Halflings have no place in D&D, it's ripping off Tolkien. Actually, they were originally called 'hobbits', but Tolkein's lawyers intervened. SRD changed the name to halfings. For some reason, that was okay.
Halflings have been in D&D since first edition, when they were called hobbits, yes. And yes, they were blatantly copied from Tolkien. However, since then the race of Halflings have been developed to fit with how they are played, and they no longer really resemble Hobbits.

Halflings have no place in D&D. Gnomes have the potential to be a really awesome race. D&D is just leeching off LotR's popularity with tall, hot elves, orcs, grumpy comedic-relief dwarves, and HALFLINGS!
Gnomes may have had the potential to be an awesome race, but they weren't liked. So they have lost whatever potential they might have had. If you can re-fluff Gnomes to improve upon them, feel free. I mean, it can't be hard, 4chan pulled it off with Sergals (but don't tell /b/ that).
And you're knowledge of both LotR and D&D seems lacking. Elves have always been described as attractive, but Tolkien made his tall, while D&D kept theirs short. Tolkien did not create Orcs, but did define their role in most modern fantasy. And as for dwarfs, in Tolkien, and D&D, they are a very serious race. I don't know where you got the comic relief idea from.

The Gremlin
2009-02-15, 12:00 PM
Counter-arguments ahoy!

Arguably, if something's portrayed exclusively as annoying, it probably is. While outside of D&D gnomes are seen usually as "earth dwellers", and caring deeply for nature, D&D attempted to recast the race, and make them more interesting, particularly for players. Hence we get the idea of Gnome tricksters, to appeal to those who want to play prankster characters. Ultimately, it was decided that Gnomes simply did not appeal enough players, and was removed for that reason.

Halflings have been in D&D since first edition, when they were called hobbits, yes. And yes, they were blatantly copied from Tolkien. However, since then the race of Halflings have been developed to fit with how they are played, and they no longer really resemble Hobbits.

Gnomes may have had the potential to be an awesome race, but they weren't liked. So they have lost whatever potential they might have had. If you can re-fluff Gnomes to improve upon them, feel free. I mean, it can't be hard, 4chan pulled it off with Sergals (but don't tell /b/ that).
And you're knowledge of both LotR and D&D seems lacking. Elves have always been described as attractive, but Tolkien made his tall, while D&D kept theirs short. Tolkien did not create Orcs, but did define their role in most modern fantasy. And as for dwarfs, in Tolkien, and D&D, they are a very serious race. I don't know where you got the comic relief idea from.*coughcough*Gimli*coughcough*
That was more my complaint with the movie, I admit. But a lot of guys roleplay dwarves that way. Not to mention, originally dwarves were nothing like D&D's and Tolkein's.
And when it comes to elves, you are completely wrong. Elves were always described at beautiful, TINY fairies. Tolkein made them more 'material'. The closest to modern day elves back then were the elves with hollowed backs like a tree.
A lot of the complaints I'm listing here are with the movie, though, I admit.

So, it would appear that I haven't really made myself clear here.
I agree that gnomes have sucked. That's because nobody has bothered to give them anything good. They deserve the PHB more than halflings do. Gnomes are a pretty good staple of fantasy. They've been around for a while. Halflings are just something the SRD brought in because they wanted to build off Tolkein's popularity. And they stayed.
Gnomes have a lot of potential as races. As a more original race than halflings, who were around first,they could quite easily take the halflings' place. It's not fair that a race that's only been around for a little while gets to be a main race, while another one gets kicked out.:smallannoyed:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-15, 12:24 PM
(2MT CBB2R)
*Gets out anti rant gun*
Don't make me use this! :smalltongue:

and anyway...
I forgot what I was going to say... :smallfrown:
>.>
<.<
>.>
*does dance*

Keris
2009-02-15, 12:26 PM
And when it comes to elves, you are completely wrong. Elves were always described at beautiful, TINY fairies. Tolkein made them more 'material'. The closest to modern day elves back then were the elves with hollowed backs like a tree.
Wrong. In several cultures, for example Early Modern England, elves were described as tiny creatures, but in many, older, cultures, elves were human sized. Indeed, the oldest known references to elves come from Norse mythology, where Elves were human sized, and English took the word elf from the Norse word álfr.

I agree that gnomes have sucked. That's because nobody has bothered to give them anything good. They deserve the PHB more than halflings do. Gnomes are a pretty good staple of fantasy. They've been around for a while. Halflings are just something the SRD brought in because they wanted to build off Tolkein's popularity. And they stayed.
Gnomes have a lot of potential as races. As a more original race than halflings, who were around first,they could quite easily take the halflings' place. It's not fair that a race that's only been around for a little while gets to be a main race, while another one gets kicked out.:smallannoyed:

But D&D Gnomes have never really been anything like classic Gnomes. They had more in common with Dwarves, and were nothing like Halflings, and only resembled Hobbits in that they lived underground. If we want traditional Gnomes, we get creatures that are 18" high, and care for wildlife. This isn't something people want to play, so TSR (which is what I think you mean by SRD) recreated them.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-15, 12:40 PM
An medieval danish fairy tale speaks of the "elverfolk" (because of that name we call fantasy elf's "elver" and the other elf's (small fairy ones) another name) They where nice but beware, the elven maidens lured young men into dancing with them, if you was lured into dancing they would make you dance till you died. To get away all you had to do is to concentrate on the truth: They don't exist. Then you'll get away and they'll never get you again.

Weird story right. Tolkien could had known this story since it says they are human like, beautiful (in the original, I can't remember it all) and they live in the wood (also original story, in fact they lived in a hill in a forest filled with magic beings such as lake-mens) but that's just a possibility not a fact (and would mean Tolkien ripped of someone else) but it's very close to the empty back ones you mentioned Gremlin, so I guess it aint so new if we dig deep enough. Hmm "elven" and "elver" is close, what a coincidence.

And my dwarf character aint comedy relief (he's a cleric and still more lawful and serious than our paladin) by the way.

Wrong. In several cultures, for example Early Modern England, elves were described as tiny creatures, but in many, older, cultures, elves were human sized. Indeed, the oldest known references to elves come from Norse mythology, where Elves were human sized, and English took the word elf from the Norse word álfr.

Oh that's where we got that idea. YAY for rich culture

The Gremlin
2009-02-15, 01:16 PM

But D&D Gnomes have never really been anything like classic Gnomes. They had more in common with Dwarves, and were nothing like Halflings, and only resembled Hobbits in that they lived underground. If we want traditional Gnomes, we get creatures that are 18" high, and care for wildlife. This isn't something people want to play, so TSR (which is what I think you mean by SRD) recreated them.

*Chokes on Keris's superior research*
Oh yeah? Well...so's you face!:smalltongue:

EDIT: Also, I just realized something: SoG is the original inventor of FI! I'd thougth that MM was, but it turns out that MM just came up with the ideas and stuff!

I shouldn't be saying this...

So I'll get a hand puppet to!

http://crochetme.com/files/imagecache/Node_Display/files/patterns/Sock%20Monkey%20Hand%20Puppet%20Mini.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool to have a post-apocalyptic possible future plot? The place where future salmon came from? The good guys would be guerillas and freedom fighters, with some turning over to the dark side.

Bayar
2009-02-15, 01:23 PM
Actually that they where good as thief's is a coincidence. At Bilbo's time at least there was none Hobbit thief's and all Hobbits was peaceful people. Gandalf just like to mess with people.

Nah, he just likes to give people a push out the door.

Gnomes have a lot of potential as races. As a more original race than halflings, who were around first,they could quite easily take the halflings' place. It's not fair that a race that's only been around for a little while gets to be a main race, while another one gets kicked out.

1. D&D will die the day when halflings wont be in the PHB.

2. Gnomes are simply not all that cool. Sure, tinker gnomes and whisper gnomes are cool, but they suck overall. (although they would have been better off in the 4th edition PHB instead of the dragonborn).

Shades of Gray
2009-02-15, 01:25 PM
*Chokes on Keris's superior research*
Oh yeah? Well...so's you face!:smalltongue:

EDIT: Also, I just realized something: SoG is the original inventor of FI! I'd thougth that MM was, but it turns out that MM just came up with the ideas and stuff!

Yes, technically, but I was inspired by a pic that MM made of future Igon.

Hooray for sock puppet man!

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-15, 01:28 PM
1. D&D will die the day when halflings wont be in the PHB.

Not neccesarily. It might die the day after. :smalltongue:

2. Gnomes are simply not all that cool. Sure, tinker gnomes and whisper gnomes are cool, but they suck overall. (although they would have been better off in the 4th edition PHB instead of the dragonborn).

Hey, I like dragonborn. :smallfrown:

Shades of Gray
2009-02-15, 01:33 PM
The main reason that people hate Dragonborn is that it pretty much is the poster-boy of 4E, and many people dislike it. I personally, am neutral on the 3.5 v 4E, I run a game of both. 3.5 for the people who are veterans, and 4E for the newbies. Most of the arguments are just that the game discourages roleplaying, but I find that it leaves more room for it. By not having as much rules in the way, nothing is interfering with RP at all, unlike Paladin's required alignment and code.

[/rant]

memnarch
2009-02-15, 01:36 PM
*coughcough*Gimli*coughcough*
That was more my complaint with the movie, I admit. But a lot of guys roleplay dwarves that way. Not to mention, originally dwarves were nothing like D&D's and Tolkein's.
A lot of the complaints I'm listing here are with the movie, though, I admit.

Well, if you want to talk about the movies; The first one was kinda decent and the second one was crap. Not dissing the special effects or anything, but S.E. don't make a good movie by themselves.

Bayar
2009-02-15, 01:37 PM
Hey, I like dragonborn. :smallfrown:

Dont get me wrong, I like dragonborn too ! As a template. Applied to my CON deprived elves or to my beefy Mongrelfolk. Not as a race of their own.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-15, 02:42 PM
Dont get me wrong, I like dragonborn too ! As a template. Applied to my CON deprived elves or to my beefy Mongrelfolk. Not as a race of their own.

Same for me (exept I don't know what a Mongrel is)

Keris
2009-02-15, 05:54 PM
Hey -skimmer-, what's your character's name? Is she called Skimmer as well, or should we address her differently?

And Keveak, a Mongrel is a creature of mixed origin, usually a dog.

Nameless
2009-02-15, 06:09 PM
What the heck does that have to do with a "cootie" shot?

Hey look; a cootie! :smalltongue:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h108/potterlily2/Cootie001.jpg

Hurt/Heal Updated (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5775779#post5775779).

You were talking about connect to dots and spots.
I said I made a bote on my back.

@Teh latest comix:
You have earned the stamp.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/funtimeface-1.png

Bayar
2009-02-15, 06:18 PM
Same for me (exept I don't know what a Mongrel is)

Mongrelfolk is the only non level adjusted playable race that give a +4 racial bonus to CON. :wink:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-15, 06:25 PM
Can anyone PM me thoes templates SOG posted on the last thread?

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-15, 06:49 PM
Mongrelfolk is the only non level adjusted playable race that give a +4 racial bonus to CON. :wink:

They're also ugly as sin :smalleek:

-skimmer-
2009-02-15, 06:50 PM
Hey -skimmer-, what's your character's name? Is she called Skimmer as well, or should we address her differently?

To be honest, I dunno:smallbiggrin:, just didnt though of her name yet, after all, character names are usually the last thing I do...but yes, you should call her Skimmer.

Mad Mask
2009-02-15, 08:13 PM
Yes, technically, but I was inspired by a pic that MM made of future Igon.

Hooray for sock puppet man!

Actually, I was the one who invented Future Imperfect. I initially wanted to make a little spinoff series about what would happen if the UNA wasn't destroyed, and I made Future Igon based on that. Shades of Gray was the one who thought about making a plot about it.

The Gremlin
2009-02-15, 09:54 PM
Actually, I was the one who invented Future Imperfect. I initially wanted to make a little spinoff series about what would happen if the UNA wasn't destroyed, and I made Future Igon based on that. Shades of Gray was the one who thought about making a plot about it.

I see this nowhere in the thread (The Random Skill Strikes Back. Again...).
As for Mongrelfolk:
AWESOME.
There are only a few races which qualify as awesome, in my book. Dvati, Mongrelfolk, and Phanatons.:smallamused:

BRC
2009-02-15, 11:54 PM
I see this nowhere in the thread (The Random Skill Strikes Back. Again...).
As for Mongrelfolk:
AWESOME.
There are only a few races which qualify as awesome, in my book. Dvati, Mongrelfolk, and Phanatons.:smallamused:
Are you shure it was Random Kill Strikes Back Again?

And I remember, it all started with a cool picture MM posted of Igon, Oliver, Kpenguin, and Calamity in torn clothing with Ins in the background.

Edit: The most awsome race in DnD is the Hadooze, I don't care about your numerical stat bonuses, these guys are Flying Pirate Monkeys.

memnarch
2009-02-16, 12:06 AM
Hurt/Heal updated (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5781981&posted=1#post5781981). There is a bug in the gears however, specifically one with the God-Mode.

The Gremlin
2009-02-16, 09:27 AM
Are you shure it was Random Kill Strikes Back Again?

And I remember, it all started with a cool picture MM posted of Igon, Oliver, Kpenguin, and Calamity in torn clothing with Ins in the background.

Edit: The most awsome race in DnD is the Hadooze, I don't care about your numerical stat bonuses, these guys are Flying Pirate Monkeys.

Yeah, I am sure about the thread.
And uit was actually a pic showing what Igon Minoblendy looked like around Arcania times, then around the beginning of FFF I, then around the ending, then finally when he's leading a failing resistance group.
Is someone ever going to draw a comic?:smallconfused:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-16, 10:10 AM
@Skimmer: Why should it be non-canon, it damage less than when I entered the island (it took a cure serious to mend Nameless back, then the other kobolds arrived...) and it's fun.

On another note: My favorite race is....
KOBOLDS! (surprise)

The Gremlin
2009-02-16, 10:46 AM
@Skimmer: Why should it be non-canon, it damage less than when I entered the island (it took a cure serious to mend Nameless back, then the other kobolds arrived...) and it's fun.

On another note: My favorite race is....
KOBOLDS! (surprise)

Yeah, but it's god modding to be fishing with Fayte.
And anyways, it's uncertain whether it's in her character.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-16, 10:55 AM

No, he drew a timeline, from school Igon, to regular Igon, to future Igon. Then I said awesome, and suggested rather than a story that MM would make, we could all contribute.

-skimmer-
2009-02-16, 11:14 AM

Huh...maybe because it broke rule 5 and 9? I'll rather wait until someone aproves that as FFF, because as I mentioned before, I am still not quite sure about what I can do, and what not.

And foremost, I didnt even though of that as FFF when I drew that...its just something like random kill.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-16, 11:18 AM
I aprove of -skimmer-. She's nice and modest.

Szilard
2009-02-16, 11:23 AM

But remember, -skimmer- is a guy, and Skimmer is a girl.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-16, 11:27 AM
Ohh sorry -skimmer- :smalleek:.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-16, 11:28 AM
Yeah, but it's god modding to be fishing with Fayte.
And anyways, it's uncertain whether it's in her character.

Didn't he loose his powers and got blind and defenseless?

And didn't I violate those rules too? (nobody complained, but it was fun)

Keris
2009-02-16, 11:34 AM

Makes a change from most of the newbies we get.

-skimmer-
2009-02-16, 11:53 AM
Ohh sorry -skimmer- :smalleek:.

Looks like I need draw some male avatar in near future:smallsigh:

Didn't he loose his powers and got blind and defenseless?

And didn't I violate those rules too? (nobody complained, but it was fun)

I though of that too, but even if he is defenseless you cant simply come and smash him to bits (for example), you must give him chance to react if I understand corectly...

And no, I dont think you violate anything, non-lethal random landing is really something else...

Makes a change from most of the newbies we get.

Maybe because most of newbies dont even bother with reading rules..

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-16, 12:24 PM

If you ask me, reading rules is overrated. I haven't got where I am today by reading the stupid rules! :smallwink:

Shades of Gray
2009-02-16, 12:25 PM
Yeah, you got where you were today by sleeping for 50 years old man...

-skimmer-
2009-02-16, 12:41 PM
Heh...no coment:smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-16, 12:42 PM
Yeah, you got where you were today by sleeping for 50 years old man...

Well.....shut up. :smallmad:

*can't think of anything witty to say in response*

Mina Kobold
2009-02-16, 12:45 PM
Looks like I need draw some male avatar in near future:smallsigh:

I though of that too, but even if he is defenseless you cant simply come and smash him to bits (for example), you must give him chance to react if I understand corectly...

And no, I dont think you violate anything, non-lethal random landing is really something else...

But my landing hurt Nameless (it broke his spine):smallfrown: And he can respond to yours (mine is actually more lethal)

Well.....shut up. :smallmad:

*can't think of anything witty to say in response*

He probably sleeps more. (we sleep 1/3-1/2 of our life anyway)

-skimmer-
2009-02-16, 01:02 PM
But my landing hurt Nameless (it broke his spine):smallfrown: And he can respond to yours (mine is actually more lethal)

More lethal? I though that death actualy cant die:smallconfused:

And its not about if he can respond now, its about if he could respond before.

Wreckingrocc
2009-02-16, 01:21 PM
As for the gnomes v. halflings debate, it's all based on the roleplayer. I think WotC retracted gnomes from being core simply because they were very vague on what they were supposed to be...

Personally, I like the WoW-esque gnomes. They're silly, but not necessarily annoying. They love tinkering, and they're crazy-inventive.

The best gnome I've ever seen played was a tinker gnome wizard-alchemist. He didn't enter until about an hour into the game, and he fell from the sky. His airship had been destroyed in mid-flight, so he jumped out the window and fell about a thousand feet. Don't ask how he lived... It would kill the character's style. He ended up helping us because the military offered him money for the task... Money he needed to repair his airship =P

It was a pretty sweet character.

I think gnomes need to be the inventive type, and definitely not the happy-goofy type. Those are often actually very annoying.

Halflings, on the other hand, are simply lame in 4e. I've only ever seen one played once... They're pretty much only decent rogues and/or warlocks, and they can't do anything else... But, then again, they kind of get beaten down by the superior drow. I loved halflings in 3.5, though.

Also, Q, rule breaking may be very fun for you, but to us, it's annoying, and I personally would've probably liked you as a poster a great deal more had you not god-modded. I think some of the funniest stuff has come from your character, but only if the power is used right.

For example, see SoG's comic of beating you up and throwing you off the Vendetta, followed by you teleporting back on... Only to be thrown off again.

Keris
2009-02-16, 01:48 PM
"That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die."

For example, see SoG's comic of beating you up and throwing you off the Vendetta, followed by you teleporting back on... Only to be thrown off again.

Arguable, throwing Q off the Vendetta is against the rules, because SoG gave him no time to, for instance, try and break out of Oliver's grip. But then again, Q is a God character, which is also against the rules.

Basically, we allow a certain flexibility in the rules, provided comics made do not permanently affect other characters in adverse ways. Exceptions are allowed for major Plot comics, or when it's just funny.

In the case of fishing with Fayte, he hasn't done anything in a while, and has been seen wandering off the edge of the island in other people's comics, so I say it's not against the rules.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-16, 02:08 PM

And its not about if he can respond now, its about if he could respond before.

Rule of fun. yours where rule of hilarous:smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2009-02-16, 02:11 PM
@Keris, I distinctly remember him god-moding (mode, not mod) earlier, adn saying that the bombs couldn't be defused. I realized he'd find some way back on.

The Gremlin
2009-02-16, 05:22 PM
@Keris, I distinctly remember him god-moding (mode, not mod) earlier, adn saying that the bombs couldn't be defused. I realized he'd find some way back on.

Yeah, it may TECHNICALLY be godmodding, but it has no real repercussions, and is thus okay. If it had really had the effect of throwing Q off, without his permission, THEN it would be bad.
EDIT: BRC, I see that you haven't spoken of Sped Dettas since that one post in Thread 15. :smallconfused:

BRC
2009-02-16, 07:19 PM
EDIT: BRC, I see that you haven't spoken of Sped Dettas since that one post in Thread 15. :smallconfused:
Well, Ven hasn't developed them yet (he hasn't had a reason to until the resistance. When your job is mainly fixing the ship and repelling the occasional boarding party, having Detta's you can stuff full of explosives isn't that useful.) Do I need to constantly mention them for some reason?

-skimmer-
2009-02-17, 09:44 AM
Huh, I just found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrAKBHt7pGI) on youtube. Those pictures are awesome! Especialy how Q and Q changed. Where these pictures were posted? I would like see more:smallsmile:

Keris
2009-02-17, 09:52 AM
An earlier discussion thread. :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-02-17, 09:53 AM
Well, Ven hasn't developed them yet (he hasn't had a reason to until the resistance. When your job is mainly fixing the ship and repelling the occasional boarding party, having Detta's you can stuff full of explosives isn't that useful.) Do I need to constantly mention them for some reason?

Nah, I was just wondering if you'd forgotten them.

Keris
2009-02-17, 10:02 AM
Huh, I just found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrAKBHt7pGI) on youtube. Those pictures are awesome! Especialy how Q and Q changed. Where these pictures were posted? I would like see more:smallsmile:

To elaborate further from my earlier comment, chriky asked for pictures of various characters as they would appear in FI, and drew some of his own, then put them into a video. This occurred in Discussion Thread 17.

The Gremlin
2009-02-17, 10:07 AM
Some others:
By Fayt (http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/Videos/?action=view&current=ABRFIcomingsoon_0001.flv).
An FI trailer by Nameless (http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/?action=view&current=ABRFI_0001.flv), and for good measure a FFF one by Nameless. (http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/?action=view&current=AvbaroyTrailer2-1.flv)

-skimmer-
2009-02-17, 01:09 PM
To elaborate further from my earlier comment, chriky asked for pictures of various characters as they would appear in FI, and drew some of his own, then put them into a video. This occurred in Discussion Thread 17.

Thanks, its starting around page 24 right? Realy interesting, I already have some ideas how to fit in with my curent character (it reminds me of shadowrun a bit:smalltongue:), just need to write it and draw it.

Some others:
By Fayt (http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/Videos/?action=view&current=ABRFIcomingsoon_0001.flv).
An FI trailer by Nameless (http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/?action=view&current=ABRFI_0001.flv), and for good measure a FFF one by Nameless. (http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/?action=view&current=AvbaroyTrailer2-1.flv)

Short, but still nice:smallsmile:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-17, 01:19 PM
*reads Discution thread and comic thread*
soo.... just because i'm ill and have to tiptoe around my parentes to get on the internet... you guys can go fishing with me as bait? :raisedeyebrow:

Anyway I'm going to do a little FFF comic, (and work some more on my FI intro comics later on) ... *looks at clock* after I've had tea in about half hour or so...

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-17, 05:08 PM
soo.... just because i'm ill and have to tiptoe around my parentes to get on the internet... you guys can go fishing with me as bait? :raisedeyebrow:

Anyway I'm going to do a little FFF comic, (and work some more on my FI intro comics later on) ... *looks at clock* after I've had tea in about half hour or so...

Heh heh... Tea time.

The Gremlin
2009-02-17, 05:18 PM

See, this is what I have trouble with. That if someone isn't online for a few days, their characters are 'fair game'. It was the same when MM wanted to do the final scene without asking Mem, Iced and Kev if they wanted to be in it.
Just saying.
But it looks like Skimmer MOSTLY meant to just do a Random Kill.

-skimmer-
2009-02-18, 01:52 PM
I guess its my time to post my character now, later I will add more (maybe).

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/skimmer21/ABRgraf.png

Race: Shapechanger (fox) - Shapechangers are originaly a common animals with the ability to take on human form, so unlike werewolves which can maintain complete human form, schapechangers still shows some of their animal aspects such as animal ears or tail, on the contrary when werewolves can maintain mostly animal shape in some sort of humanoid form, shapechangers have ability fully transform in their true animal form.
All schapechagers usualy obtain their abilites by encountering magical anomaly of some sort, which sometimes randomly apears in whole Avbaroy.
Because of their rare origin and independence on certain animal kind, they are not able create any type of society and usualy wander in larger towns and cities, mostly because of food.
Due to their magical origin and ability shapeshift, they also possess high regenaration ability thus they are able to stop bleeding within seconds and even regrow lost limbs in matter of days.
Even though they are originaly an animals, they learn extremely quickly thus they are able to talk, act even think like other humans in matter of 4-8 years, however for unknown reason is extremely hard for them understand how magic works and casting spells is for them almost imposible.

Class: Monk(main)/Rogue

Aligment: Lawfull neutral

Equipment: Giant bell - used as acoustic quarterstaff weapon. Direct contact with sound waves usualy causes disorientation, deafness and in worst cases even stun and paralysis (not to mention that big headache).
Bag of holding - contains lot of random stuff like fishing rod for example.

Future imperfect backstory: Personaly she values Resistance as heroes for what they done in the past, but now she sees in them great danger and cause of curent war (well, I think it is war of some sort), so she joined UNA as mercenary from her own free will to hunt them down and keep peace and prosperity in whole Avbaroy (yes, she is naive:smallsmile:).

Grim ranger
2009-02-18, 02:10 PM
I guess its my time to post my character now, later I will add more (maybe).

Race: Shapechanger (fox) - Shapechangers are originaly a common animals with the ability to take on human form, so unlike werewolves which can maintain complete human form, schapechangers still shows some of their animal aspects such as animal ears or tail, on the contrary when werewolves can maintain mostly animal shape in some sort of humanoid form, shapechangers have ability fully transform in their true animal form.
All schapechagers usualy obtain their abilites by encountering magical anomaly of some sort, which sometimes randomly apears in whole Avbaroy.
Because of their rare origin and independence on certain animal kind, they are not able create any type of society and usualy wander in larger towns and cities, mostly because of food.
Due to their magical origin and ability shapeshift, they also possess high regenaration ability thus they are able to stop bleeding within seconds and even regrow lost limbs in matter of days.
Even though they are originaly an animals, they learn extremely quickly thus they are able to talk, act even think like other humans in matter of 4-8 years, however for unknown reason is extremely hard for them understand how magic works and casting spells is for them almost imposible.

Aligment: Lawfull neutral

Equipment: Giant bell - used as acoustic quarterstaff weapon. Direct contact with sound waves usualy causes disorientation, deafness and in worst cases even stun and paralysis (not to mention that big headache).
Bag of holding - contains lot of random stuff like fishing rod for example.

Future imperfect backstory: Personaly she values Resistance as heroes for what they done in the past, but now she sees in them great danger and cause of curent war (well, I think it is war of some sort), so she joined UNA as mercenary from her own free will to hunt them down and keep peace and prosperity in whole Avbaroy (yes, she is naive:smallsmile:).

Welcome to the right side, comrade *salutes*. And yes, aiding those terrorist in destroying our most perfect world would be crime against oneself as well as against every good citizen. Let us hunt some crimethinkers! :smallbiggrin:

Keris
2009-02-18, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the side of good! Together we shall protect the people of Avbaroy from the terrorist insurgents!

And, due to boredom, a slight rewrite.

Race: Shapechanger (fox) - Shapechangers are the result of a rare magical mutation, only occurring when natural animals come into contact with a particular magical anomaly. This mutation grants the animal human intellect, and the ability to change to a humanoid form. However, some animal features are retained in this form, such as ears and tails. The precise features retained varies, seemingly randomly for each Shapechanger.
The residual magical energy present in each Shapechanger commonly grants them a regenerative ability, sometimes in addition to other magical abilities.
Despite this, and a natural aptitude for learning, Shapechangers have so far proved unable to learn the art of magic, whether by wizardry or some other method.

Aligment: Lawful neutral

Equipment: Giant bell - A magical quarterstaff which deals sonic damage, and can cause disorientation to those nearby, stunning them temporarily.
Bag of holding - Containing random items to be used as the situation dictates, e.g. the fishing rod Fayte was attached too.

Role in Future Imperfect: Skimmer, while valuing the heroic deeds some of the Resistance members undertook in the past, cannot understand why they oppose the UNA, and works for UNIA as a mercenary, hoping to take the Resistance alive, and give them a chance to work for the betterment of Avbaroy.

Use it, or not, it's your character.:smallsmile:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-18, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the side of good! Together we shall protect the people of Avbaroy from the terrorist insurgents!

You cant re-right characters can you? :smallconfused:
Isn't that.... God modding? :smallbiggrin:

anyway...
*rustles up some more templates*

Keris
2009-02-19, 04:20 AM
You cant re-right characters can you? :smallconfused:
Isn't that.... God modding? :smallbiggrin:

Says the guy who has a pair of Gods as his characters. :P

'Sides, I didn't exactly change much. Just some stuff about Shapechangers, which means would be interesting if more of them show up, and then just tried to present the rest in a more concise manner.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-19, 05:19 AM
I had A god, 1 =P

And I came up with a great slave race....
Dog people (not sure what the scientific name would be) but they would make slaves because they are very loyal =)
(yeah I was very board)

Keris
2009-02-19, 05:23 AM
Dog people (not sure what the scientific name would be) but they would make slaves because they are very loyal =)
(yeah I was very board)

You come up with it now? Didn't you have an ex-slave dog-boy character planned out for FI a while ago?

Emperor Ing
2009-02-19, 05:25 AM
You come up with it now? Didn't you have an ex-slave dog-boy character planned out for FI a while ago?

His name was Diskord I believe.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-19, 05:30 AM
His name was Diskord I believe.

Har har har.
If i could be bothered, id random kill u with a jar

@Keris:
yeah, but i decided against it... I do that a lot (now ive decided Fayte and Rel (pirate guy))

Emperor Ing
2009-02-19, 05:47 AM
I'd like to do the same to you, but right now i'm feeling under the weather, i'll be lucky if I get wtwu done today. :smallsigh:

Nameless
2009-02-19, 05:51 AM
Yay, Nameless brings something new! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105004)

:smallsmile:

-skimmer-
2009-02-19, 10:51 AM

Well done, well done *clap hands*, I'll probably use something of that in final version:smallsmile:

...Just some stuff about Shapechangers, which means would be interesting if more of them show up...

I though of that too:smallamused:, Skimmer surely isnt only shapechanger in whole Avbaroy, just chance that there will be two of fox (bear, wolf, serpent...) schapechangers is certainly low. There is a lot of diferent animals.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-19, 06:42 PM
I recently found an old "How To Draw Chibi Manga" book I bought years ago and has been kicking around my house for a while unused. To convince myself it wasn't a waste of money, I sat down for 20 straight seconds and drew this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/205s9x4.jpg

Just incase my drawing is horrible and you can't tell who is who:

Top right: Q
Left to right: Threeshades, Kpenguin, Lying, Almighty Salmon, Gremlin, Nameless and Randomizer.

What do you think?

Nameless
2009-02-19, 07:27 PM
I recently found an old "How To Draw Chibi Manga" book I bought years ago and has been kicking around my house for a while unused. To convince myself it wasn't a waste of money, I sat down for 20 straight seconds and drew this:

Just incase my drawing is horrible and you can't tell who is who:

Top right: Q
Left to right: Threeshades, Kpenguin, Lying, Almighty Salmon, Gremlin, Nameless and Randomizer.

What do you think?

I honestly cannot imagine an 80 year old drawing Chibi...

Nice work though. :smallsmile:

Eita
2009-02-19, 07:30 PM
Dog people (not sure what the scientific name would be)

Probably Canis Erectus, literally Upright Dog.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-19, 07:58 PM

What do you think?It's cute and yet somehow terrifyingly creepy at the exact same time...

T-O-E
2009-02-19, 08:05 PM
KPenguin's just staring at me...

Mad Mask
2009-02-19, 08:10 PM
I honestly cannot imagine an 80 year old drawing Chibi...

Nice work though. :smallsmile:

Do you honestly believe that the_Q really is ~80 years old ? Anybody with more than half a brain can realise that he's not even in his forties.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-19, 08:11 PM
Someone else, someone who shared his account, said that he was 80. He's stated that he is ~50.

Nameless
2009-02-19, 08:12 PM
Do you honestly believe that the_Q really is ~80 years old ? Anybody with more than half a brain can realise that he's not even in his forties.

To be honest, I don't know.
That's why I said, and I quote:
"I honestly cannot imagine an 80 year old drawing Chibi..."

And there's no need to get rude.

memnarch
2009-02-19, 08:34 PM
For those who didn't notice, Hurt/Heal updated (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93479&page=21).

Fayte, I'm waiting for your PM.

Mad Mask
2009-02-19, 09:24 PM
To be honest, I don't know.
That's why I said, and I quote:
"I honestly cannot imagine an 80 year old drawing Chibi..."

And there's no need to get rude.

OK, sorry. But I'm a little tired of the_Q saying over and over that he's ~80 years old, when in fact he has no evidence of that and behaves like a teenager/young adult. Although if he could take multiple pictures of himself I would easily believe him.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-19, 09:25 PM

For once, Mad Mask is completely correct.

I am actually a teenage whippersnapper who is part of a scientific government experiment (because ALL scientific experiments are government) to act another age to see if a teenager can convince people world wide that he is of a very different age!

Of course, I really could be 80 years old using sarcasm, or is screwing around with you all. :smalltongue:

Or maybe one of each! :tongue:

You can believe whatever you want, but I stand by all my comments about how I am 83 years old.

OK, sorry. But I'm a little tired of the_Q saying over and over that he's ~80 years old, when in fact he has no evidence of that and behaves like a teenager/young adult. Although if he could take multiple pictures of himself I would easily believe him.

I know. I have only recently realized how jackassy that is. I'm sorry.

Everyday I am really trying how to learn to use my digital camera. I think I took a picture once, but I don't know how to check. Bear with me, alright? :smallfrown:

memnarch
2009-02-19, 09:28 PM
Ah.... I miss the old days of the internet when men were real men, women were men, and little girls were FBI agents. :smalltongue:

BRC
2009-02-19, 09:35 PM
On the internet, Actual age and apparent Age are barely related. You, for example, claim to be rather young, but in action, you are one of the most mature people on this thread.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-19, 09:39 PM
Q's pic of KP had a beak AND a mouth. Just sayin. :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-19, 09:49 PM
Q's pic of KP had a beak AND a mouth. Just sayin. :smalltongue:

Fake explaination: I figured it was more penguin man-ish.

Fake explanation 2: It's a ruffle in the feathers.

Real explanation: shut up.

Fawkes
2009-02-19, 10:11 PM
I didn't believe he was actually that old until he posted that he had a stroke. After that, I convinced myself that he's telling the truth, because the thought of someone lying about something like that would really piss me off.

Believing is easier.

memnarch
2009-02-19, 10:26 PM
An awesome video I found (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo).

Disclaimer; There is blood and violence so don't watch if you don't like that sort of thing. Escape From City 17

The Gremlin
2009-02-19, 11:44 PM
Fake explaination: I figured it was more penguin man-ish.

Fake explanation 2: It's a ruffle in the feathers.

Real explanation: shut up.

:smallbiggrin: I laughed out loud LOL'ed (:smallamused:)at that.
Also, awesome drawings. Minor nitpick: The eyepiece is on the other side.
As to the age: It is my opinion that if someone says that they're 20, they're 20. If they say they're 5, they're five. If they say that they're 200, I tell them to call Guinness World Records.
People have the right to say whatever age they're comfortable with. On many forums, I claim to be in my 20s because most people there are about that old and I want them to treat me as an equal. It may come off as odd, but it was my habit back when my parents were worried about me posting on forums and I got used to it. I only stopped doing it here because there were a lot of people who weren't much older.
Anyways, what I'm saying is: If Q is 80, then it's fine. If he isn't, then while it is odd to pretend to be much older, it's still fine.:smallsmile:

chriky
2009-02-20, 06:25 AM
I didn't believe he was actually that old until he posted that he had a stroke. After that, I convinced myself that he's telling the truth, because the thought of someone lying about something like that would really piss me off.

Believing is easier.

But Q is always really pissing people off.
Anyhow I totaly agree with MM, I think pretty much nothing Q has said about himself has been true. If i'm wrong I am very sorry but that's my opinion.:smallsigh:

Surely Q has some pictures of himself taken without a digital camera that he can scan into the computer, because we all know he has a working scanner. :smallamused:

kpenguin
2009-02-20, 06:26 AM
I think that Q is 80 because his actions are funnier that way. Its more funny to think that a senile old man is behind everything Q posts rather than some kid.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-20, 07:19 AM
Surely Q has some pictures of himself taken without a digital camera that he can scan into the computer, because we all know he has a working scanner. :smallamused:

I haven't thought of that. :smalleek:

*goes off to do that*

Nameless
2009-02-20, 08:16 AM
Umm... anyone gonna... move the plot a little?
I would do it myself but I'm too lazy to draw anything.

The Gremlin
2009-02-20, 10:08 AM
Are we aware that it has been almost 2 months since the last archive update?
More importantly, are we aware that it would be the easiest update ever? We've gone from floating on Leroy...to standing on the mountain, passing small talk.
I can offer a reason: FI. You guys are are jabbering about it, wasting your time when you COULD be working on FFF! That is why we are going so slowly!
That, and laziness. No offense, everyone, but I tend to believe that FFF 1 is more important.:smallannoyed:

BRC
2009-02-20, 10:15 AM
More importantly, are we aware that it would be the easiest update ever? We've gone from floating on Leroy...to standing on the mountain, passing small talk.
I can offer a reason: FI. You guys are are jabbering about it, wasting your time when you COULD be working on FFF! That is why we are going so slowly!
That, and laziness. No offense, everyone, but I tend to believe that FFF 1 is more important.:smallannoyed:

Time spent on ABR over the last month
5% Random Kills
50% "Hey, here's an Idea for FI!"
20%: "Why isn't anybody moving the FFF plot?"
20%: Randomness/trying to figure out who "Guest" is on Lying's forum
4%: Controlling World Affairs
1%: Making random FFF comics that don't do anything.

-skimmer-
2009-02-20, 10:41 AM

Meh..not the best time to show this, but I simply cant resist:smallbiggrin:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/skimmer21/FIbanner1.png

The Gremlin
2009-02-20, 10:42 AM
Time spent on ABR over the last month
5% Random Kills
50% "Hey, here's an Idea for FI!"
20%: "Why isn't anybody moving the FFF plot?"
20%: Randomness/trying to figure out who "Guest" is on Lying's forum
4%: Controlling World Affairs
1%: Making random FFF comics that don't do anything.

That...is surprisingly accurate. However, I'd say that the guest part isn't significant enough to mention.
Also, I'd say that 10% complaining about the state of FFF would be more accurate.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-20, 03:14 PM
Well, here it is. To finally end the mystery. Here is a picture of me. The best I could find. It was taken around ten years ago, but I hardly think that matters. This is the best picture of me I could find in my house:

*drumroll*

http://i44.tinypic.com/4gsw3o.jpg

Handsome, aren't I? :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2009-02-20, 03:18 PM
I was expecting liver spots.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-20, 03:20 PM
I was expecting liver spots.

It is a relatively old picture, mind you. If I has a picture of myself today, for instance...

Mina Kobold
2009-02-20, 03:21 PM
I can't get my inkscape files before monday so don't expect any comic from me Gremlin. Also: Q looks funny!!! :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2009-02-20, 04:17 PM
Well, here it is. To finally end the mystery. Here is a picture of me. The best I could find. It was taken around ten years ago, but I hardly think that matters. This is the best picture of me I could find in my house:

*drumroll*

http://i44.tinypic.com/4gsw3o.jpg

Handsome, aren't I? :smallbiggrin:

O
M
G.

You're my new E-BF. :smallsmile: :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-20, 04:19 PM
O
M
G.

You're my new E-BF. :smallsmile: :smalltongue:

At the risk of sounding old, I do not understand the meaning of these letters. Please explain. :smallconfused:

memnarch
2009-02-20, 04:35 PM
Nice picture there. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-20, 04:39 PM
At the risk of sounding old, I do not understand the meaning of these letters. Please explain. :smallconfused:

OMG= oh my god.The others I understand worse than you (sounda science fiction virus like to me)

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-20, 04:55 PM
Q's the slap happy grandpappy.

T-O-E
2009-02-20, 04:57 PM
Electronic best friend?

-skimmer-
2009-02-20, 05:04 PM

To be honest, I have no idea what these letters mean too...

Nameless
2009-02-20, 05:43 PM

OMG= Oh My God.

E-BF= Interwebz boy freind.

kpenguin
2009-02-20, 06:23 PM
Ah that makes sense... wait, what? You want to date Q?

Creepy.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-20, 06:29 PM
OMG= Oh My God.

1. Why do you spell bad on purpose? It gives me headaches. 2. Normally I would say something about you being gay but: a) It might have originated from girl-about-boy but the short ending with being used for this too and b) danish don't have separate girlfriend/boyfriend words but just call them something i the line of "most loved" so it has small effect of screwing up minds on Danes.

EDIT: Gah! page 13! Wich should have no effect on non-christians but still have (exept on me, cause I'm wierd)

Nameless
2009-02-20, 06:33 PM
1. Why do you spell bad on purpose? It gives me headaches. 2. Normally I would say something about you being gay but: a) It might have originated from girl-about-boy but the short ending with being used for this too and b) danish don't have separate girlfriend/boyfriend words but just call them something i the line of "most loved" so it has small effect of screwing up minds on Danes.

EDIT: Gah! page 13! Wich should have no effect on non-christians but still have (exept on me, cause I'm wierd)

What? :smallconfused:

Fawkes
2009-02-20, 06:43 PM
Triskaidekaphobia isn't necessarily related to Christianity, Kev.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-20, 06:46 PM
Triskaidekaphobia isn't necessarily related to Christianity, Kev.

Gesundheit.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-20, 06:55 PM
@Nameless: You sound gay when hitting on Q.

@Mech: :smallconfused:. I was referring to the fact that 13 is unlucky because Jesus and his 12 disciples sad at a table or something before one betrays Jesus and Jesus dies, Their number at the table is 13 therefore it was said that one would die if 13 sad at the same table thus ending with being a number of unluck.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-20, 06:56 PM
Yes. Most of us know that.

A) We can't discuss religion on the boards. B) None of us really care, many threads get to page 13.

Nameless
2009-02-20, 06:59 PM
@Nameless: You sound gay when hitting on Q.

@Mech: :smallconfused:. I was referring to the fact that 13 is unlucky because Jesus and his 12 disciples sad at a table or something before one betrays Jesus and Jesus dies, Their number at the table is 13 therefore it was said that one would die if 13 sad at the same table thus ending with being a number of unluck.

Gay and creepy. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-02-20, 07:03 PM

The fear of the number 13 is called triskaidekaphobia, and its not exclusive to Christianity. It also has roots in Norse mythology, and is observed by many people who are neither Christian nor Norse.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-20, 09:09 PM
OMG= Oh My God.

*is uncomfortable* :smalleek:

*ignores, and hopes problem will go away on it's own*

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-20, 09:13 PM
*is cracking up at the conversations you have when I am gone for two hours.*

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 12:01 AM

Awww is poor little Q a little lost in the horrors of the Internet? :smallamused:
Don't worry, me and Nameless will show you the ropes :smallwink:

On another note I need an Idea for a minor plane / thing for someone to be god of...

kpenguin
2009-02-21, 04:57 AM

Ah, Nameless, you forget that Q is from a generation different from our own. He might be a tad more uncomfortable with homosexuality, fake or not, than we are.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 06:11 AM
On another note I need an Idea for a minor plane / thing for someone to be god of...

DEATH!

BWOHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA MWOAHAAA MWOOAAAA
HAAA HAAA... HA... ha. >.>

Ah, Nameless, you forget that Q is from a generation different from our own. He might be a tad more uncomfortable with homosexuality, fake or not, than we are.

Fake too?
I thought thats what everyone did in the army back then. :smalltongue:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 06:14 AM
DEATH!

BWOHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA MWOAHAAA MWOOAAAA
HAAA HAAA... HA... ha. >.>

Death huh....
sure why not :smallsmile:
Death it is.
Thanks
*runs off to finish character*

Nameless
2009-02-21, 06:27 AM
Death huh....
sure why not :smallsmile:
Death it is.
Thanks
*runs off to finish character*

Wait no... that... THAT WAS A JOKE!
That's supposed to be me! :smalleek:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 06:29 AM

... To Late :smallamused:

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
...HAHAHAHAHHA....HAHAHA
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Keris
2009-02-21, 06:38 AM

Aren't you the Angel of Death? I seem to remember wings at one point... although I think that was shortly before you starting hiding your face. Although how it "broke" is still a mastery to me.

And Fayt, you missed out about a dozen Ys and a Steamroller.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 06:39 AM
Aren't you the Angel of Death? I seem to remember wings at one point... although I think that was shortly before you starting hiding your face. Although how it "broke" is still a mastery to me.

And Fayt, you missed out about a dozen Ys and a Steamroller.

Well, technically speaking, yes.
But would would a God of Death do exactly?

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 06:44 AM

Like... Emo... Godly... Deathy stuff?

Keris
2009-02-21, 06:45 AM

Sit on his throne and keep telling the Angels to hurry up with their soul harvesting, so he can finally accomplish his evil plan.

Alternately, be a Shinigami, and go on to star in several animé series.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 06:47 AM
Sit on his throne and keep telling the Angels to hurry up with their soul harvesting, so he can finally accomplish his evil plan.

Alternately, be a Shinigami, and go on to star in several animé series.

I don't give souls to no one, I just do what my list and/or intuition says to do with them.
Put them in the correct afterlife, or let them roam around as a lost soul.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 06:52 AM

Do as Nerull. He is both reaper AND gets worshippers (not to speak of power and being one of those gods who screw with mortals)

@Kpenquin: I'm a tad more uncomfortable with Homosexual people than Q. *Continues looking for Tom Shaer, with a sniper rifle*

Nameless
2009-02-21, 07:03 AM
Do as Nerull. He is both reaper AND gets worshippers (not to speak of power and being one of those gods who screw with mortals)

@Kpenquin: I'm a tad more uncomfortable with Homosexual people than Q. *Continues looking for Tom Shaer, with a sniper rifle*

Wow wait...
No one... Takes my job. :smallmad:
I refuse to be drawn by Vulion as her B*tch boy. :smallmad:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 07:10 AM
Wow wait...

No one... Takes my job. :smallmad:

Nerull is from DnD 3.5 so tecknically YOU are stealing HIS job. But don't worry I don't think we use him.

On another note wich gods DO we use ('cept Boccob and Nameless god and Lucifer)

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 07:23 AM
I has finished him..
And I just sed god of Death to irritate you :smallamused::smalltongue:

(He's actually the lesser (minor) Jr. god of cheese (In training))
I present to you:
Leo Wulf-Graydon
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/LeoFinished.png
(don't worry, he wont be appearing in anything for a long time :smallsmile:)

Ninja Chocobo
2009-02-21, 07:39 AM
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Sunlight Yellow OVERDRIVE!

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-21, 07:51 AM
On another note wich gods DO we use ('cept Boccob and Nameless god and Lucifer)

The wiki has a page for gods that are specifically mentioned at points, but I tend to consider all of the D&D 3.5 gods as present in one form or another. The very nature of ABR means that there'll be someone somewhere in the Avbaroy multiverse that worships something. There's probably a sect of the Cheddar Lord fighting a losing war against the Brie King cult somewhere.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 07:57 AM
The wiki has a page for gods that are specifically mentioned at points, but I tend to consider all of the D&D 3.5 gods as present in one form or another. The very nature of ABR means that there'll be someone somewhere in the Avbaroy multiverse that worships something. There's probably a sect of the Cheddar Lord fighting a losing war against the Brie King cult somewhere.

Don't be silly Lying... That's not true... IT'S NOT TRUE I SAY!
Forget about it!

>.>
<.<

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 08:06 AM
The Gods in My Pantheon are not really worshiped in Avbaroy.
Seeing as they originated in the Prospect solar system and spread from there...
FILLAH TEXT CUZ I DONT HAZ NO MOER 2 SEZ

Keris
2009-02-21, 08:14 AM
The Gods in My Pantheon are not really worshiped in Avbaroy.
Seeing as they originated in the Prospect solar system and spread from there...
FILLAH TEXT CUZ I DONT HAZ NO MOER 2 SEZ

Ahem, some of the gods originated in the Prospect system. Others, including Dekopin, did not.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 08:17 AM
um... she must have been there at least...
It's where All the cool gods hang out :smalltongue:
>.>
<.<
>.>

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 08:41 AM
Whoa! You've got many characters Fayt. Maybe I could make more (don't worry no gods)

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 08:45 AM
The wiki has a page for gods that are specifically mentioned at points, but I tend to consider all of the D&D 3.5 gods as present in one form or another. The very nature of ABR means that there'll be someone somewhere in the Avbaroy multiverse that worships something.

In Avbaroy, most humans worship either the Supreme Being, God the Father Dragon, or are pagans and worship D&D or other gods.

There's probably a sect of the Cheddar Lord fighting a losing war against the Brie King cult somewhere.

Until the Brie have outgrown such silly superstitions and go out in space to fight cheddars with rubber foreheads.

Keris
2009-02-21, 08:54 AM
In Avbaroy, most humans worship either the Supreme Being, God the Father Dragon, or are pagans and worship D&D or other gods.

So they either follow one of those two religions, or a polytheistic one? I'm fairly certain there would be a couple of other monotheistic ones.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 09:00 AM
Would following the Dragon God involve going to a building every Sunday?

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 09:14 AM
Whoa! You've got many characters Fayt. Maybe I could make more (don't worry no gods)

Leo's not FFF or FI or SDSB or Plot 3...
the only characters i have now are:
Fayte (duh) and Rel (the Pirate)

Leo is.....
AM NOT REVEALING ANY BACKSTORY STUFF!

Emperor Ing
2009-02-21, 09:17 AM
Leo is.....
Rand!

Fix'd for you

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 09:19 AM
Fix'd for you

... we
are all screwwed...

Keris
2009-02-21, 09:20 AM
Leo is.....
the hypothetical offspring of a lion, a wolf, and Fayte

This one seems more likely.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 09:26 AM
... *sigh* can't I think of a cool name without u lot (yes especially you Adrien) taking the Michal (yes especially you Michal!) out of it!?
:smallfrown:
Besides... Wulf-Graydon is a double Barreled name :smallamused:

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 09:46 AM
So they either follow one of those two religions, or a polytheistic one? I'm fairly certain there would be a couple of other monotheistic ones.

Actually, several religions are based around the worship of the Supreme Being and God the Father Dragon, about three for each god. For the Supreme Being, there is Toclism, Bluism, Samianism and several less important sects, lumped into a group called the Percillian Religions, for God, there is Traditional Draconism, Orthodox Draconism and Koboldism, lumped into a group called the Hordian Religions.

The Percillian Religions are based on dualism and the Supreme Being, but they have key differences. Bluists believe that two demiurges created the world, one good (the Supreme Being) and one evil. Toclists believe that the two demiurge don't exist, and the Supreme Being exists as two persons (one good, one evil) but one being, symbolising the good/evil struggle in mankind. Samianists believe the above are all wrong and the Supreme Being created the evil aspect, originally good, but it rebelled against him. But these three religions all say that mankind has a good side and a dark side, and to attain the Heavens, you must cast out your dark side, whether it is by a religious ceremony or going on a crusade.

Keris
2009-02-21, 09:57 AM
So, if the religions you described are polytheistic, then they are all pagan, which means you contradicted yourself in your last post.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 10:04 AM
Time for Chris's second character! *alarms*

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g24.png
Name: Jauce
Class: Bard/paladin
God: Sune
Race: Human
Abilities: He charges in on his holy paladin mount* and the enemy either gets eatin, or chopped in two. His bard music boosts the energy of everyone around him and also makes him stronger.
Backstory: As a paladin of law and order, He decided to join the UNA in hopes of ending the chaos.He came from a castle were there were other Sune worshipers, but sadly, it was taken over by an army of almost every monster ever concieved.

* *Goes of to make holy paladin mount. Any suggestions on what it should be?

Emperor Ing
2009-02-21, 10:07 AM

>_> <_<
*rocks fall everybody dies*

Keris
He came from a castle were there were other Sune worshipers, but sadly, it was taken over by an army of almost every monster ever concieved.

May I ask what role the Toves played in this battle?

Mad Mask
So, if the religions you described are polytheistic, then they are all pagan, which means you contradicted yourself in your last post.

:smallconfused: The "pagan" religions are called so because they originated before the Percillian Religions spread to the world. And the Percillian Religions are more dualistic than anything, while the Hordian ones are monotheistic.

Shades of Gray
Hey Crim, when I said "Paladin of Sune" in SMBG, I was referring to an actual D&D god... Not sure if you know. Linky. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sune)

Paladins and servants of Sune are usually very attractive. Hence why in GB week I said it.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 10:09 AM
May I ask what role the Toves played in this battle?

They threw stuff at the south wall. Eggs, rocks, mud, and what not.

@SoG: He's a bard, he's gotta be hot. :smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-02-21, 10:10 AM
Actually, several religions are based around the worship of the Supreme Being and God the Father Dragon, about three for each god. For the Supreme Being, there is Toclism, Bluism, Samianism and several less important sects, lumped into a group called the Percillian Religions, for God, there is Traditional Draconism, Orthodox Draconism and Koboldism, lumped into a group called the Hordian Religions.

The Percillian Religions are based on dualism and the Supreme Being, but they have key differences. Bluists believe that two demiurges created the world, one good (the Supreme Being) and one evil. Toclists believe that the two demiurge don't exist, and the Supreme Being exists as two persons (one good, one evil) but one being, symbolising the good/evil struggle in mankind. Samianists believe the above are all wrong and the Supreme Being created the evil aspect, originally good, but it rebelled against him. But these three religions all say that mankind has a good side and a dark side, and to attain the Heavens, you must cast out your dark side, whether it is by a religious ceremony or going on a crusade.

So basically, it's a reference to what we have in the real world?

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 10:14 AM
So basically, it's a reference to what we have in the real world?

Just the Crusades and schism parts. But almost all religions do that...

Keris
2009-02-21, 10:19 AM
:smallconfused: The "pagan" religions are called so because they originated before the Percillian Religions spread to the world. And the Percillian Religions are more dualistic than anything, while the Hordian ones are monotheistic.

Ah, now we're getting into a semantics discussion! Excellent.

"Pagan" is a term used to describe non (Judeo-)Christian religion, and was derived from the Latin paganus, meaning "peasant".

While it may be plausible that a comparable term arose in Avbaroy, it was not unreasonable for me to assume you meant pagan in the English usage, and so any polytheistic religion is pagan.

They threw stuff at the south wall. Eggs, rocks, mud, and what not.

How? They have no manipulatory appendages, being quadrupedal.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 10:20 AM
They realized this later and ran away, only to be roasted and eaten by a paladin.

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 10:27 AM
Ah, now we're getting into a semantics discussion! Excellent.

"Pagan" is a term used to describe non (Judeo-)Christian religion, and was derived from the Latin paganus, meaning "peasant".

While it may be plausible that a comparable term arose in Avbaroy, it was not unreasonable for me to assume you meant pagan in the English usage, and so any polytheistic religion is pagan.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Must be the thing with being a non-native English speaker.

Now that this matter is cleared, I'm going to make a Fat Fish Fury comic that will really advance the plot.

Szilard
2009-02-21, 10:27 AM
So... when was it decided to have these gods?:smallconfused: What happened to Plotus and that other one?

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 10:29 AM
So... when was it decided to have these gods?:smallconfused: What happened to Plotus and that other one?

All the other gods still exist. It's just that the majority of human worships either one of those gods.

Szilard
2009-02-21, 10:30 AM
Okay, but when was this decided upon?

Shades of Gray
2009-02-21, 10:31 AM
Well, Lying's character worships Boccob. And Fayte has been deity of fate for a while... Ovu Monobi is a demigod, I think.

Plotus and Plot are still there.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 10:39 AM
Just the Crusades and schism parts. But almost all religions do that...

And there being three majour religions following the same God. :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-21, 11:40 AM

I'm not uncomfortable with homosexual people. One of my best friends is homosexual, whom I've been great friends with for years.

I'm only uncomfortable with people who annonce I'm their boyfriend.

For example, if Lying announced he was homosexual on these forums, I wouldn't be uncomfortable or even surprised. :smalltongue:

If he said I was "interwebz boyfriend" I would seriously random kill him with everything I could.

Nameless gets off without a random kill because I like him a little.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 11:44 AM
I'm not uncomfortable with homosexual people. One of my best friends is homosexual, whom I've been great friends with for years.

I'm only uncomfortable with people who annonce I'm their boyfriend.

For example, if Lying announced he was homosexual on these forums, I wouldn't be uncomfortable or even surprised. :smalltongue:

If he said I was "interwebz boyfriend" I would seriously random kill him with everything I could.

Yay I'm kinda liked.
Does this mean you don't like Lying? Huh? HUH?!? O_e

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-21, 11:45 AM
Yay I'm kinda liked.
Does this mean you don't like Lying? Huh? HUH?!? O_e

DEATH TO LYING! :smallfurious:

*pumps shotgun*

The Gremlin
2009-02-21, 11:57 AM
Well, Lying's character worships Boccob. And Fayte has been deity of fate for a while... Ovu Monobi is a demigod, I think.

Plotus and Plot are still there.

Yeah, though Ovu Monobi isn't a real 'demigod'. It's complicated.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 11:59 AM
*eats the Q's arms.* There will be no brit shots today. What should my holy paladin mount be?

Szilard
2009-02-21, 12:05 PM
*eats the Q's arms.* There will be no brit shots today. What should my holy paladin mount be?

How about tomorrow?

A Dire Platypus.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 12:07 PM
How about tomorrow?

A Dire Platypus.

*shrugs* Sure why not. *loads shotgun.*

The Gremlin
2009-02-21, 12:44 PM
Ca, before you make a decision, see this thread. (http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/community/gaming/dnd/archives/paladinMountsForDwarves)

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 12:49 PM
I asked my dad for help already, he said that because he's a paladin of Sune AND a bard, he should have something pretty or glamerous so I went with:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g458.png

Keris
2009-02-21, 12:53 PM
I asked my dad for help already, he said that because he's a paladin of Sune AND a bard, he should have something pretty or glamerous so I went with:
-snip-

See, there's a problem here. Bards must be of a non-lawful alignment, and Paladins must be Lawful Good. He could be an Ex-Bard who then gained Paladin levels, or just be a Paladin with ranks in Perform.

The Gremlin
2009-02-21, 12:53 PM
See, there's a problem here. Bards must be of a non-lawful alignment, and Paladins must be Lawful Good. He could be an Ex-Bard who then gained Paladin levels, or just be a Paladin with ranks in Perform.

Or an ex-paladin.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 12:54 PM

I chose the last one. *plays lute*

Shades of Gray
2009-02-21, 12:54 PM
Or be a paladin of freedom, a chaotic good bard.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-21, 12:56 PM

OR he could be something that ISN'T D&D based and dosen't follow the rules exactly, like a paladin-bard.

Just saying.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 12:57 PM
Wait I change my mind, let's go with SoG. :smalleek:

The Gremlin
2009-02-21, 01:03 PM
Wait I change my mind, let's go with SoG. :smalleek:

Sorry, but PoF are kinda...chaotic. It isn't just an excuse to get bard levels, they have to ACT chaotic. I can't see a PoF siding with an organization which intends to 'bind together' all of Avbaroy when some do not wish to be 'bound'. I don't think it'd work.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 01:05 PM
*sigh* Back with the paladin with ranks in perform idea.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 01:12 PM

You could say his god liked him and made an exception with him.

-skimmer-
2009-02-21, 01:22 PM

I though that only bards can put ranks in perform...this reminds me of when I tried create my Paladin/bard character...

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 01:28 PM
You could say his god liked him and made an exception with him.

The godess of love and beauty loves everyone. Besides, who dosen't love me? :smallwink:

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 01:39 PM
Do you want to have a lawful paladin bard ? If so, there is absolutely nothing in this world that will stop you from including him in Avatar Battle Royale. Nothing. Even if the others say that you can't according to D&D rules, you absolutely can do it, because Avatar Battle Royale is not a D&D campaign setting. At all. (It just steals stuff from it when it's convenient)

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 01:45 PM
Do you want to have a lawful paladin bard ? If so, there is absolutely nothing in this world that will stop you from including him in Avatar Battle Royale. Nothing. Even if the others say that you can't according to D&D rules, you absolutely can do it, because Avatar Battle Royale is not a D&D campaign setting. At all. (It just steals stuff from it when it's convenient)

*Jaw drops* MM...? :smalleek:

Keris
2009-02-21, 02:07 PM

However, if a character concept is presented that is fairly obviously designed with D&D in mind, then we often feel obliged to point out flaws or advise alternate routes to the same concept, as D&D is a system much of ABR understands.
If CrimsonAngel said that his character was a Paladin who channelled his divine powers through Bardic skills, then that would be fine, but he said they were a Paladin/Bard, usually taken to be a Paladin-Bard multiclass.

I mean, none of my characters are in any way D&D based, yet I was the one who brought this up.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 02:14 PM

Did... Did MM just allow something!?! :smalleek:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-21, 02:17 PM
We're all gonna die!

Sooner then we normally would have!

-skimmer-
2009-02-21, 02:18 PM
*shrugs* you heard them, none will stop you:smallamused:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 02:29 PM
I though that only bards can put ranks in perform...this reminds me of when I tried create my Paladin/bard character...

Every class in DnD can have every skill, it just cost double skill points if it aint a class skill and perform is a skill.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-02-21, 03:02 PM

Why did I have to be the example here?

I'm nonsexual, I'm the least likely to announce any form of sexuality. :smallannoyed:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 03:05 PM
I'm nonsexual

*imagines* :smalleek:

Keris
2009-02-21, 03:06 PM
*imagines* :smalleek:

Nonsexual: Unconcerned with sex or sexuality.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 03:07 PM
Oh thank god. *eye twitch*

Grim ranger
2009-02-21, 03:31 PM
Yesshh... This thread has taken a really bizarre turn, so I try to sidetrack it bit back towards the plot...:smallsigh:

It seems that the number of mercs for UNIA is stedily increasing. What it is with mercenaries that tempts people so much to working with UNA as one? Thge folks at UNIA must pay helluvalot of cash to keep us all up to the task with latest intelligence, weapons and such. And here is an important question: do UNIA employees have kind of authority to, say for example, publicly shoot someone, whip out the badge, issue the standard "nothing to see here, citizen, UNIA business", and call for retrieval team, or how far can the limits be streched :smallconfused:?

Also, if private security firms are still operational in time of FI (as I picture they would be, terrorist attacks abound), I have some concepts for at least one:
http://g.imagehost.org/0519/C_O_G_1.png
http://f.imagehost.org/0500/C_O_G_logo.png

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 03:38 PM
Yesshh... This thread has taken a really bizarre turn, so I try to sidetrack it bit back towards the plot...:smallsigh:

It seems that the number of mercs for UNIA is stedily increasing. What it is with mercenaries that tempts people so much to working with UNA as one? Thge folks at UNIA must pay helluvalot of cash to keep us all up to the task with latest intelligence, weapons and such. And here is an important question: do UNIA employees have kind of authority to, say for example, publicly shoot someone, whip out the badge, issue the standard "nothing to see here, citizen, UNIA business", and call for retrieval team, or how far can the limits be streched :smallconfused:?

Also, if private security firms are still operational in time of FI (as I picture they would be, terrorist attacks abound), I have some concepts for at least one:

Mercenaries fits the dark/edgy setting. A character of mine are gonna join the UNA not as a mercenary so it ain't everyone

Nameless
2009-02-21, 03:49 PM
Oh thank god. *eye twitch*

And I'm a necrophiliac!
And I like bestiality!

Okay I'll stop now.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 03:55 PM
And I'm a necrophiliac!
And I like bestiality!

Okay I'll stop now.

:smallconfused:

Keris
2009-02-21, 03:55 PM
i liek mudkipz!

Man... we really need to find a topic and stick to it one day...

EDIT:

I'm not sure I want to be the one to explain this but...
Dead bodies and animals.

And I for one assume he is joking, as it's not the kind of thing you blurt out on a PG-13 forum.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-02-21, 03:56 PM
Why did I have to be the example here?

I'm going to answer you with quote. In the immortal words of The_Q:

DEATH TO LYING! :smallfurious:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 04:30 PM
meh that COG guy's cool.... but still:

DoY Pallendorian Army Battle Armour:
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/DoYPallendorianArmy.png

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 04:31 PM

As far as they can justify it, but it's logical that it must be approved by their superiors.

Looks cool. I suggest they operate a little in the dark, since its better for propaganda purposes.

^Why does the soldiers keeps a sword when he has a good gun ? It makes no sense.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-21, 04:35 PM
Why did French, English, and many other military officers wield sabres until recently?

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 04:35 PM
Normaly, Nameless is prety funny. But today he's just creeping me out...

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 04:36 PM
^Why does the soldiers keeps a sword when he has a good gun ? It makes no sense.

If the gun runs out of ammo... and you have no sword... your fekked
also, they might need to engage in CQC, swords are ideal for CQC.

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 04:38 PM
If the gun runs out of ammo... and you have no sword... your fekked
also, they might need to engage in CQC, swords are ideal for CQC.

Then tell me why no soldier keeps a sword nowadays.

Keris
2009-02-21, 04:42 PM
Looks cool. I suggest they operate a little in the dark, since its better for propaganda purposes.

This is debatable. While it is certainly better for the UNA to be seen as the sole protectors of the people, they can't really justify preventing the public knowing about Private Security Forces. The Security Forces themselves need to decide whether to operate clandestinely or overtly, as the former prevents them from being a target, while the latter may discourage attacks.

kpenguin
2009-02-21, 04:45 PM

Because they have combat knives and bayonets.

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 04:45 PM

our Brit guys carry combat knifes... smaller and easier to use.
big ass swords are for these reasons:
1) Your an Anime character,
2) your overcompensating,
3) you positivly have to kill every mother F****R in the room.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-21, 04:47 PM
Also, swords just look cooler then knives.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 04:50 PM
Normaly, Nameless is prety funny. But today he's just creeping me out...

Yeah well get used to it.
I've done far more, as some people say, "creepy" things.

Also, swords just look cooler then knives.

That deppends. :smalltongue:

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 04:59 PM
That deppends. :smalltongue:

2nded
For example:
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/Picture0001-1.jpg
is greater than a normal bog standard sword

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 05:03 PM
i liek mudkipz!

Man... we really need to find a topic and stick to it one day...

EDIT:

I'm not sure I want to be the one to explain this but...
Dead bodies and animals.

And I for one assume he is joking, as it's not the kind of thing you blurt out on a PG-13 forum.

Nameless is acorpse? And likes animals? The first is odd but I can hardly see bad stuff about liking animals (animals are cute and some are tasty so why dislike them?)

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 05:06 PM
2nded
For example:

And is completely useless in any situation.

-skimmer-
2009-02-21, 05:07 PM
Nameless is acorpse? And likes animals? The first is odd but I can hardly see bad stuff about liking animals (animals are cute and some are tasty so why dislike them?)

You are joking, right?:smallconfused:

Nameless
2009-02-21, 05:07 PM
2nded
For example:

Then again... (http://www.darksword-armory.com/images/Viking%20Sword.jpg)

Fay Graydon
2009-02-21, 05:08 PM
And is completely useless in any situation.

Cept looking badass!
Recurved knife (+20 to badass, +10 to Awesome)

T-O-E
2009-02-21, 05:09 PM
And likes animals? The first is odd but I can hardly see bad stuff about liking animals (animals are cute and some are tasty so why dislike them?)

Literally laughing pretty hard.

Or llph.

Nameless
2009-02-21, 05:10 PM

It's okay Skimmer, I'll explain it. *Ahem*

Necrophilia is the sexual attraction to dead things
Bestiality is the sexual attraction to Animals of a different species to our own.

Sometimes you have to say it plain and clear Skimmer.

Threeshades
2009-02-21, 05:12 PM
Time for Chris's second character! *alarms*

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/g24.png
Name: Jauce
God: Sune
Race: Human
Abilities: He charges in on his holy paladin mount* and the enemy either gets eatin, or chopped in two. His bard music boosts the energy of everyone around him and also makes him stronger.
Backstory: As a paladin of law and order, He decided to join the UNA in hopes of ending the chaos.He came from a castle were there were other Sune worshipers, but sadly, it was taken over by an army of almost every monster ever concieved.

* *Goes of to make holy paladin mount. Any suggestions on what it should be?

Roka's got a new head to screw off. :smallsmile:

The Gremlin

MM, would you please stop trying to discourage D&D based stuff? Avbaroy IS a D&D based setting. That is how it began, and that is how it still is. You can't just walk in and say, "ABR just steals stuff from D&D sometimes, it isn't really D&D based." Not after all these years of it being D&D based.:smallannoyed:
GR's comic; Gosh, nice copy-pasted comic. Truly, I have never seen copy-paste wielded more expertly.:smallannoyed:

-skimmer-
Cept looking badass!
Recurved knife (+20 to badass, +10 to Awesome)

But its still just for show...I dont see any practical usage

Keris
2009-02-21, 05:13 PM

...fine.

The -philia suffix is usually used to denote a sexual fetish, an irrational attraction to something.
The Necro- prefix means "death".
Put 2 and 2 together, and get...
Necrophilia, an attraction to dead bodies.

And bestiality can be defined as "sexual interaction between a human and another species".

EDIT: Blasted ninja's!

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 05:15 PM
Nameless'll do just about anything.

The Gremlin
2009-02-21, 05:15 PM

No, he isn't. English isn't his first language. And given that I had no idea what those two words meant til Nameless explained it, I'd say it isn't really his fault he hasn't learned it yet.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 05:16 PM

Bestiality is the sexual attraction to Animals of a different species to our own.

:eek: Are you even allowed to speak of that :eek:

Fawkes
2009-02-21, 05:18 PM

Seriously, Kev. Wikipedia. Use it.

2nded
For example:

There exists such a thing as "trying too hard."

-skimmer-
2009-02-21, 05:18 PM

I actualy know what it means and I even know that youre joking about it...but its still creepy.

by the way, where I am from, Bestiality is more known as "Zoophilia".

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 05:19 PM
MM, would you please stop trying to discourage D&D based stuff? Avbaroy IS a D&D based setting. That is how it began, and that is how it still is. You can't just walk in and say, "ABR just steals stuff from D&D sometimes, it isn't really D&D based." Not after all these years of it being D&D based.:smallannoyed:

Calm down, Gremlin. CrimsonAngel has the right to make any character he wants, as long as it doesn't violate the rules, which clearly do not stipulate "your character must be legal within the D&D rules". So CrimsonAngel can absolutely make a paladin that is also a bard.

Keris
2009-02-21, 05:21 PM

Zoophilia: Sexual attraction to animals

Bestiality: Sexual interaction between a human and another species.

They are pretty much the same, but zoophilia can also mean "fondness for animals" in a non-sexual way.

Fawkes
2009-02-21, 05:23 PM
Sorry to interrupt, but...

LOBSTER KNIFE FIGHT!
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/5/0/e5029c2d31509134c161cc6b57c639fb.jpg

Nameless
2009-02-21, 05:24 PM
I actualy know what it means and I even know that youre joking about it...but its still creepy.

I know you know, I was explaining it to Kev.

It's not really that creepy actually, It's a Taboo.

Are you even allowed to speak of that

Yes, but I was joking.
They do however taste omnomelitious!

@ Mechafox: U WIN TEH INTERWEBZ.

Green-Shirt Q

[picture]

That picture made me laugh out loud. :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
Calm down, Gremlin. CrimsonAngel has the right to make any character he wants, as long as it doesn't violate the rules, which clearly do not stipulate "your character must be legal within the D&D rules". So CrimsonAngel can absolutely make a paladin that is also a bard.

I was not complaining about CA's character. I was complaining about your insistence that ABR isn't D&D based. This is just plain incorrect.:smallannoyed:

kpenguin
2009-02-21, 05:26 PM

I'm actually with MM on this point. While ABR has been D&D based in the past, I feel that we should move beyond that. Don't forget that ABR's random kills originally conformed to no rules of gaming, rather simply what the art depicted.

T-O-E
Seriously, Kev. Wikipedia. Use it.

Except for things like this, when it's better to just jam your fingers in your ears and hum loudly.

@Nameless: YES IT IS CREEPY.

-skimmer-
Zoophilia: Sexual attraction to animals

Bestiality: Sexual interaction between a human and another species.

They are pretty much the same, but zoophilia can also mean "fondness for animals" in a non-sexual way.

Well...as I know, in my language we have only one term for it. I heard about Bestiality first time in my life.

Keris
2009-02-21, 05:31 PM

Time to Warhammer this up...
http://www.flippeh.de/funPics/toLazyToRename/malal%20lobster.jpg

He's definitely the god that rules over ABR.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-21, 05:31 PM
@^ Could you spoiler that please?

Except for things like this, when it's better to just jam your fingers in your ears and hum loudly.

Not helping, I can still read all this text. Nonetheless, can we change the subject? :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-21, 05:32 PM
I've decided to go back into oots style ever since I learned how to make straight lines with 2 nodes in 5 seconds with the pencil tool in kscape, instead of using the pen tool and taking forever to make one character. Now I'm gunna go and remake all my templates, It's a good thing I love oots, or it would be imposible. :smalleek:

The Gremlin
2009-02-21, 05:33 PM

I'm actually with MM on this point. While ABR has been D&D based in the past, I feel that we should move beyond that. Don't forget that ABR's random kills originally conformed to no rules of gaming, rather simply what the art depicted.

I'm not saying that ABR is EXCLUSIVELY D&D, I'm just saying that almost all of it is d20 based. I don't think we should be above bending/ignoring rules if they mess up a good comic, but ABR will always be, generally, D&D based.
Also:http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6313/bilbovslobsters.png

Mad Mask
2009-02-21, 05:37 PM
Don't forget about the amphipods:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/rs/amphipod.png

Best crustaceans ever.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-21, 05:40 PM
Ew.

That thing's gross. Seriously, look at that damned thing.:smallyuk:

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 05:41 PM
I've decided to go back into oots style ever since I learned how to make straight lines with 2 nodes in 5 seconds with the pencil tool in kscape, instead of using the pen tool and taking forever to make one character. Now I'm gunna go and remake all my templates, It's a good thing I love oots, or it would be imposible. :smalleek:

OH MY GOD! How do you do that?

-skimmer-
2009-02-21, 05:44 PM
Don't forget about the amphipods:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/rs/amphipod.png

Best crustaceans ever.

Its suprisingly similar to something with I am feeding my fish..