PDA

View Full Version : Off the wall dragon theory {potential Spoiler}

dresdor
2009-02-08, 12:28 AM
This most likely will be promptly shot down, but there's been a lot of debate over who killed the momma dragon's mate, and a massive search for people in black armor. This assumes, naturally, that the daddy dragon was black. Since the mother has an open mind to her son dating a green dragon chick, perhaps she herself had an open mind and married a green dragon herself. Since it is commonly believed (at least in threads I've seen) that dragons take their physical appearances from one parent, the young black dragon could look just like momma while having a green dragon dad.

This leads me to my second point: the green dragon daddy was killed by Horace Greenhilt (who wears green armor, possibly dragonhide, and mentions killing "the green dragon of reddragonsville).

What threw this into my head is the Oracle. He gets rid of Roy because he has an important client coming, one that it would be best if Roy wasn't around for, and that could simply be because they are discussing V, or it could be because his grandfather is responsible for her mate's death, and we all know how dragons handle that sorta thing. Note that the Oracle doesn't take any pains to hide that Roy was there, merely hide who he was. He becomes "a human ghost," which the dragon doesn't seem to have a problem with.

This is, of course, speculation, but as a writer I certainly would enjoy making a large community guess whose black armor was daddy dragon to have it turn out to be a green dragon instead.

Spiolered for those who don't want to be spoiled.

Warren Dew
2009-02-08, 12:31 AM
Pretty good theory. Good enough to put spoiler tags around, in fact.

Optimystik
2009-02-08, 03:40 AM
Interesting. But a question arises:

How would the Oracle know that Roy and Horace were related? Could he even have been alive then?

Even without that part of your theory, the rest is possible and would be a nice twist.

Atelm
2009-02-08, 04:57 AM
Interesting. But a question arises:

How would the Oracle know that Roy and Horace were related? Could he even have been alive then?

Even without that part of your theory, the rest is possible and would be a nice twist.

It's possible that

as Eugene has visited the Oracle (in SoD) too, Horace could have visited said Oracle as well. As the Oracle's age hasn't been stated (and Kobolds can live for over 100 years) it is possible for it to be the same kobold.

Of cource, the Oracle most likely would have had predecessors, who could have been passing down important info to their successors.

Scion_of_Darkness
2009-02-08, 05:14 AM
Or it could be as simple as the fact that they share the name Greenhilt.

dresdor
2009-02-08, 09:50 AM
Or that he's...you know...an Oracle, and so far has had significant insight into everything else imaginable, I'm sure lineage is a pretty easy thing for him to discover.