PDA

View Full Version : Elves are Transexual

Graymayre
2009-02-08, 08:59 AM
I'm tired of V gender threads, so I'll put it to rest once and for all.

Elves, much like some species of frogs are capable of changing their gender based on temperature and social situations.

There yah' go... That's about it...

Tholok Razescar
2009-02-08, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a good theory.

Also, are there any other man-loving dudes out there who kind of get a 'gay man' feeling from V's significant other? I think it's the ponytail and the slim figure.

God DAMN it!

Tingel
2009-02-08, 10:53 AM
Elves, much like some species of frogs are capable of changing their gender based on temperature and social situations.
That is not what being transsexual means, so your thread title is misleading.

Also: If elves were able to change their sex (including their chromosomes), then such a fact should be common knowledge about their race. Thus the other characters in the comic (like Belkar) shouldn't express confusion about the gender identity of Vaarsuvius.

I am aware that your so-called theory was not meant to be taken seriously, but even joke theories need to have an inner consistency to be even vaguely interesting.

Sarrel
2009-02-08, 11:41 AM

Also: If elves were able to change their sex (including their chromosomes), then such a fact should be common knowledge about their race. Thus the other characters in the comic (like Belkar) shouldn't express confusion about the gender identity of Vaarsuvius.

I am aware that your so-called theory was not meant to be taken seriously, but even joke theories need to have an inner consistency to be even vaguely interesting.

Maybe they just don't want to tell anyone. Most of the other races are already somewhat suspicious of elves, and obviously humans have trouble accepting something genderless...

It's one of those, "it's just better they don't know" kind of things...

Graymayre
2009-02-08, 12:22 PM

I realize that, but for the life of me, I cannot come up with an alternate word.

I disagree. Since we do not live in their world, we cannot assume that any fact is "common knowledge".

Elves are naturally secretive. Their lifespans exceed those of many other races they could talk to. For all we know, they stay a certain gender for the lifetime of the average creature.

In fact, everything about the elves seems to obscure their thoughts, ideals, and even gender.

Besides, Rich does not need his world to follow on exacting laws. He is within his full right next thread to explain some goofy way on how elves conceal their gender (or lack of one) and it would be correct, because it is his story.

Honestly, try to put a little less belligerence in your posting if you really believe a thread is "just a joke". Some may think you are being serious. :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2009-02-08, 12:45 PM
I realize that, but for the life of me, I cannot come up with an alternate word.

Hermaphrodite. Technically sequential hermaphrodite if changing from one gender to another, simultaneous hermaphrodite if they're both at the same time.

Tingel
2009-02-08, 12:56 PM
Why in heck would a whole race of free individuals keep such a thing a secret? Elves and the other mortal races obviously intermingle, there are even half-elves, and close relationships between elves and other races have been shown in the comic in several instances. It seems therefore extremely improbable that no elf ever mentioned such a prominent difference between his race and the others to a human friend for example during the hundreds or maybe thousands of years of shared history.

Considering how unlikely this theory is, one would need significant evidence to take it into account. Do we have such evidence? No. In fact, the only evidence you seem to have is Vaarsuvius (and maybe his mate), whose gender proves difficult to ascertain. Since a feature that is hard to identify is obviously not necessarily ever-changing, your whole theory seems to have no base at all.

I even consider it to be a fallacy to claim that ambiguity in terms of gender is a trait of Burlew elves in general. There are many elves in the comic with prominent female features (like breasts), among them Lirian, two drow and four archers on page 51 of Start of Darkness; it appears sensible to assume that those lacking those features are male. That means that if Vaarsuvius and his mate are not simply men but instead women lacking clear secondary sex characteristics, then it is a special trait of those two, not a trait of the elven race in general.

In fact, everything about the elves seems to obscure their thoughts, ideals, and even gender.
Can you give an example that is not directly related to Vaarsuvius?

Mando Knight
2009-02-08, 02:14 PM
Perhaps V and V's Mate belong to a separate sub-race of elves from Lirian and the other Elves Of Obvious Sexual Differentiation?

Optimystik
2009-02-08, 02:33 PM
Perhaps V and V's Mate belong to a separate sub-race of elves from Lirian and the other Elves Of Obvious Sexual Differentiation?

While we're at it, why believe V is an elf at all? We only have his word for it! The dragon clearly called him a monkey (#627). You can't get more androgynous than orangutans. I really hope someone responds seriously to this so I get a good laugh.

The Neoclassic
2009-02-08, 03:02 PM
What about that curvy-bodied elf from the Thieves' Guild (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0611.html)? (S)he appears to be a good example of elven androgyny. Curvy at the bottom like a female, but no breasts. The haircut is also pretty androgynous. I'm not sure how many other elves there were who liked like that in the series, but I don't think this was the only one.

I guess the trouble is that Rich appears to draw elves in one of three ways: clearly female, notably androgynous, or likely (but not certainly) male. V and his mate both fall into the last category. I think they are most likely a gay couple with adopted children, but the possibility that one of them is female (or that their children are biological) can't be entirely discounted.

Optimystik
2009-02-08, 03:12 PM
What about that curvy-bodied elf from the Thieves' Guild (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0611.html)? (S)he appears to be a good example of elven androgyny. Curvy at the bottom like a female, but no breasts. The haircut is also pretty androgynous. I'm not sure how many other elves there were who liked like that in the series, but I don't think this was the only one.

It's very likely she is wearing armor, given what she was trying to do. I think that female elves in armor appear less busty than their unarmored counterparts, just as the ones in robes do.

I guess the trouble is that Rich appears to draw elves in one of three ways: clearly female, notably androgynous, or likely (but not certainly) male. V and his mate both fall into the last category. I think they are most likely a gay couple with adopted children, but the possibility that one of them is female (or that their children are biological) can't be entirely discounted.

So far, I think your second category (notably androgynous) refers to elves in armor or bulky clothing. I agree with your conclusion.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2009-02-08, 03:14 PM
Hermaphrodite. Technically sequential hermaphrodite if changing from one gender to another, simultaneous hermaphrodite if they're both at the same time.

The term "intersex" is now preferred, but yes, this would be technically what was meant, rather than transexual.

The Neoclassic
2009-02-08, 03:20 PM
It's very likely she is wearing armor, given what she was trying to do. I think that female elves in armor appear less busty than their unarmored counterparts, just as the ones in robes do.

I wonder why Rich has never drawn any humans as androgynous (or any other races). Perhaps because elves are, as you mention, less busty or have less defined secondary sex characteristics. In other words, most of them have bodies which are less "male" or less "female"- in terms of shoulder shape, breasts, legs (or whatever the bottom of the rectangle curves represent), etc.

I should actually take that particular elf and measure their eye height... That might give us more information. Maybe when I have time later today...

Sholos
2009-02-08, 03:23 PM
The term "intersex" is now preferred, but yes, this would be technically what was meant, rather than transexual.

"Intersex" is "preferred"? By whom? What's wrong with "hermaphrodite"?

As to the theory, I disagree, mainly because there's no real reason to suspect that it's true. Though I do agree that I'd like to see the "V is male/female" threads stop. Mostly because there's absolutely no sense in them continuing.

The Neoclassic
2009-02-08, 03:27 PM

Preferred by most people who identify themselves as intersex. It's just like, "What's wrong with negro?" There's nothing wrong or degrading about the word, really, but most African Americans don't choose to use that term to describe themselves nowadays.

Though I do agree that I'd like to see the "V is male/female" threads stop. Mostly because there's absolutely no sense in them continuing.

Having fun and analyzing Rich's art style and intent, even if we can't get a definitive answer, is nonsense? If you don't enjoy them, start a thread on something you do want to discuss. :smallsmile:

TheSummoner
2009-02-08, 03:34 PM
Everyone, take a deep breath and repeat after me... Its a joke.

I wonder why Rich has never drawn any humans as androgynous (or any other races). Perhaps because elves are, as you mention, less busty or have less defined secondary sex characteristics. In other words, most of them have bodies which are less "male" or less "female"- in terms of shoulder shape, breasts, legs (or whatever the bottom of the rectangle curves represent), etc.

I should actually take that particular elf and measure their eye height... That might give us more information. Maybe when I have time later today...

I would say Rich never draws anyone androgynous other than elves because its a long running joke that its hard to tell whether an elf is male or female... he decided to run with it.

Eye height won't be an indication, elves are drawn intentionally androgynous, Rich doesn't want you to know what gender they are, so such obvious cues as eye height and body shape don't apply to elves.

Its preferred because its another BS politically correct term for people who are offended if a gust of wind is too strong. Theres nothing offensive about the word hermaphrodite, so I don't see what difference it makes.

AmberVael
2009-02-08, 03:40 PM
Its preferred because its another BS politically correct term for people who are offended if a gust of wind is too strong. Theres nothing offensive about the word hermaphrodite, so I don't see what difference it makes.

You're treading very dangerous ground here. I'd edit this out before this gets bad and the mods have to get involved.

It's not a matter of you being right or not, it's just a matter of "lots of people are going to get mad over this and it won't end well."

V: Not helping. >.<

LordZarth
2009-02-08, 03:42 PM
You're treading very dangerous ground here. I'd take edit this out before this gets bad and the mods have to get involved.

It's not a matter of you being right or not, it's just a matter of "lots of people are going to get mad over this and it won't end well."

I would have to agree with TheSummoner. "Hermaphrodite" is a scientific term...

The Neoclassic
2009-02-08, 03:43 PM
I would say Rich never draws anyone androgynous other than elves because its a long running joke that its hard to tell whether an elf is male or female... he decided to run with it.

No one is arguing that! We simply are not metagaming, and looking at how an intragame perspective could justify the matter. Or metacomic/intracomic, if you want to be really accurate.

Eye height won't be an indication, elves are drawn intentionally androgynous, Rich doesn't want you to know what gender they are, so such obvious cues as eye height and body shape don't apply to elves.

No, eye height won't tell us the answer, but they are as useful as any of the other evidence we've been collecting.

I did not say that it was "wrong." Nor am I the sort to be offended by a gust of wind. I was simply explaining why some people prefer it. It amuses me that some people get their feathers ruffled because others state that certain words are generally preferred.

Furthermore, it could be argued that intersex rings more accurate. Hermaphrodite refers to an organism with both sets of sex organs, or who can change between them. Intersex, however, means "between sexes"- sexual characteristics are not exclusively male nor female. So, no, I wouldn't say the distinction from a purely practical semantics point is BS.

Intersexuality is the term adopted by medicine during the 20th century applied to human beings whose biological sex cannot be classified as either male or female.

Hermaphrodite was used to describe any person incompatible with the biological gender binary, but has recently been replaced by intersexual in medicine.

Honestly, I don't care that much, but I don't classify myself as intersex either. If terms are just political BS, then why are you getting upset over people using one instead of the other? :smallwink:

TheSummoner
2009-02-08, 03:45 PM
It was a simple statement that I think political correctness is ridiculous. Obviously there are some very offensive words out there, hermaphrodite isn't one of them. theres no need to make a whole thing out of it.

Edit: Also, I really don't get upset over it unless someone tries to play word police.

As for the eye height being as useful as anything else, I agree, but thats only because I see none of it being very useful at all. Pretty much all we can do is guess and stubbornly cling to our guesses because theres not a thing anyone can do to prove it either way.

The Neoclassic
2009-02-08, 03:50 PM
I would have to agree with TheSummoner. "Hermaphrodite" is a scientific term...

So is "intersex." Additionally, intersex is the term now used by medical professionals regarding people of ambigious sex.

It was a simple statement that I think political correctness is ridiculous. Obviously there are some very offensive words out there, hermaphrodite isn't one of them. theres no need to make a whole thing out of it.

That hardly seems a "thing" and more of a "passing mention." Note that this person never said anything against "hermaphrodite," simply that "intersex is now preferred." Seems very simple and polite to me. Arguments I've brought up regarding it are simply in response to "Bah to the term intersex!", not saying that hermaphrodite is a wrong or offensive term, just pointing out that you can't argue that it is a better term.

Kizor
2009-02-08, 04:22 PM
The terminology of this field is more of a mess than ovotestes are. Fortunately I have a disturbing grasp of the matter. "Intersex" seems to be how such folk generally refer to themselves. There's probably an element of political correctness involved, but it has a point. "Hermaphrodite" refers to animals that are fertile both as males and as females (either sequentially or simultaneously). Humans can't do that. To give an idea about prevalence, the hospital where I work has three checkboxes on the birth form: "Girl," "boy" and "unclear." Since we're discussing magical elves, it seems okay to use "intersex" in cases of ambiguous genitalia with real-world plausibility and "hermaphrodite" everywhere else.

"Transsexual" is probably the most established term in this post and refers to the classic case of "trapped in the wrong body." "Transgendered" seems to be used as an umbrella term for all nonstandard cases in the male/female department.

We hope that has made everything clear to you.

GoC
2009-02-08, 04:27 PM
Thanks to polymorph I bet both are bisexual transexuals.:smallbiggrin:

Ozymandias9
2009-02-08, 04:31 PM

From a scientific standpoint, hermaphrodism has varied biological definitions, most of which are only rarely (if ever) met in humans. Those definitions limited to human presentation usually exclude the majority of people with non-binary sexual presentation, since those definitions generally focus of dual organ presentation and not atypical organ presentation or secondary sexual traits that present opposite of their genital presentation. Intersex was defined specifically to cover any individual with mixxed presentation.

For a social standpoint, its the difference between objective descriptivism and social self-identification. Much like the difference between the words "gay" and "homosexual."

Sholos
2009-02-08, 04:43 PM
So is "intersex." Additionally, intersex is the term now used by medical professionals regarding people of ambigious sex.
I'm curious why the word was changed.

That hardly seems a "thing" and more of a "passing mention." Note that this person never said anything against "hermaphrodite," simply that "intersex is now preferred." Seems very simple and polite to me. Arguments I've brought up regarding it are simply in response to "Bah to the term intersex!", not saying that hermaphrodite is a wrong or offensive term, just pointing out that you can't argue that it is a better term.
The fact that it was mentioned at all made it a "thing". Especially since the entire point of the post seemed to be to mention that the word "hermaphrodite" was no longer appreciated. It's like if someone quoted someone else referring to "blacks" simply to say that "African American" was preferred (despite being completely inaccurate).

The Neoclassic
2009-02-08, 04:51 PM
The terminology of this field is more of a mess than ovotestes are. Fortunately I have a disturbing grasp of the matter. "Intersex" seems to be how such folk generally refer to themselves. There's probably an element of political correctness involved, but it has a point. "Hermaphrodite" refers to animals that are fertile both as males and as females (either sequentially or simultaneously). Humans can't do that. To give an idea about prevalence, the hospital where I work has three checkboxes on the birth form: "Girl," "boy" and "unclear." Since we're discussing magical elves, it seems okay to use "intersex" in cases of ambiguous genitalia with real-world plausibility and "hermaphrodite" everywhere else.

"Transsexual" is probably the most established term in this post and refers to the classic case of "trapped in the wrong body." "Transgendered" seems to be used as an umbrella term for all nonstandard cases in the male/female department.

We hope that has made everything clear to you.

From a scientific standpoint, hermaphrodism has varied biological definitions, most of which are only rarely (if ever) met in humans. Those definitions limited to human presentation usually exclude the majority of people with non-binary sexual presentation, since those definitions generally focus of dual organ presentation and not atypical organ presentation or secondary sexual traits that present opposite of their genital presentation. Intersex was defined specifically to cover any individual with mixxed presentation.

Emphasis mine.

I think the science behind the terminology more than justifies its mention and explains why intersex is now used. I also disagree that any mention of something qualifies a "thing."

kwanzaabot
2009-02-08, 04:51 PM
No, no, no! You've got it all wrong!

Elves are asexual and therefore genderless. The food they eat is broken down by their superior elven digestive tracts, where it filters out any plant/animal DNA to be used later.

This DNA is then used to provide some genetic diversity in the elf's offspring- which begins its life as a growth on the back of the neck. Once the growth becomes large enough, it buds off and develops into a baby elf.

This food DNA is also why Vaarsuvius and Parent's children look nothing like them- their skin pigments and hair colour are determined by eating chocolate and er... red things.

TheSummoner
2009-02-08, 04:58 PM

Elves are asexual and therefore genderless. The food they eat is broken down by their superior elven digestive tracts, where it filters out any plant/animal DNA to be used later.

This DNA is then used to provide some genetic diversity in the elf's offspring- which begins its life as a growth on the back of the neck. Once the growth becomes large enough, it buds off and develops into a baby elf.

This food DNA is also why Vaarsuvius and Parent's children look nothing like them- their skin pigments and hair colour are determined by eating chocolate and er... red things.

Your outdated thinking is laughable at best!

Clearly, Elves emit a cloud of dust and spores that, when met by a cloud from another elf, creates several miscoscopic young Elves! Most of these young Elves die, but if one can last a full month, it will grow into a baby Elf. These baby Elves seek out the nearest two adult Elves, who become the parents.

The Neoclassic
2009-02-08, 05:00 PM

I can go with that. :smallbiggrin:

kwanzaabot
2009-02-08, 05:13 PM
Your outdated thinking is laughable at best!

Clearly, Elves emit a cloud of dust and spores that, when met by a cloud from another elf, creates several miscoscopic young Elves! Most of these young Elves die, but if one can last a full month, it will grow into a baby Elf. These baby Elves seek out the nearest two adult Elves, who become the parents.

Ah, but what about Drow? With a single gust of wind, there'd be Drow babies all over the place.
The truth is, Drow are created from eating an abundance of liquorice and black jelly beans. However, normal elves cannot bear the taste. They don't know what they're missing.

TheSummoner
2009-02-08, 05:19 PM
Drow spores burn up in the sunlight, thus they can only thrive underground! Most are eaten by cave creatures though...

Optimystik
2009-02-08, 05:25 PM
Epileptic trees... resulting in... seizures!!

*spasms in such a way as to hit "Submit Reply" button*

Sholos
2009-02-08, 06:10 PM
Emphasis mine.

I think the science behind the terminology more than justifies its mention and explains why intersex is now used. I also disagree that any mention of something qualifies a "thing."

In that case, the reasoning should have been mentioned. Simply saying a different word is "preferred" just smacks of being PC and nothing else.

Tengu_temp
2009-02-08, 07:21 PM
Elves are from The Left Hand of Darkness. If you don't know what I mean then read the book right away, because not knowing classic science fiction literature is sin.

Lira
2009-02-08, 07:28 PM
Elves are from The Left Hand of Darkness. If you don't know what I mean then read the book right away, because not knowing classic science fiction literature is sin.I was wondering when someone would mention that book. XD

Wanton Soup
2009-02-09, 09:24 AM
Why in heck would a whole race of free individuals keep such a thing a secret?

WHY WOULD THEY WANT IT KNOWN???

I mean Frogs never asked us to check out their cross-dressing lifestyle, did they. We *took* that knowledge.

Heck, look at the number of humans who quite reasonably tell you to sod off if you ask them what they are earning. And that's a HECK of a lot less personal than "are you gay?" or even "ladyboy".

I mean the reproductive mechanisms of Elves is not needed. So why tell everyone "Hey, get me a pink dress for next year, m'kay?"??

Wanton Soup
2009-02-09, 09:26 AM

Pfft. I'm intersex too.

Looking at the internet, seems most people are too...

:smallredface:

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-09, 11:38 PM
So to sum it up, all elves are gender neutral?

Noone better tell you about Lirian, or the logic spirals into epelectic tree terratory.

Oh, whoops.

Klose_the_Sith
2009-02-10, 03:33 AM
Sounds like a good theory.

Also, are there any other man-loving dudes out there who kind of get a 'gay man' feeling from V's significant other? I think it's the ponytail and the slim figure.

God DAMN it!

No, I got a straight man vibe from "Parent".

Wanton Soup
2009-02-10, 09:23 AM

Mind you, if your lives are centuries long and especially if your childbearing age is short in comparison (cf Black dragon momma not dropping a new kid), then it's whether you *emotionally* attach to someone that is important. Not physically.

So two straight men (or women, at least most of the time. There'd be some long term shopping once a month...) could be both parents in a marriage. No need to be gay, just compatible emotionally and intellectually.

They aren't human after all.

As to the kids, well they could be adopted as some already said. Or one parent went to a surrogate (or is themselves a surrogate).

Not having a gender dependent noun for a parent could bolster that.

Or I could be channeling the spirit of an Open University Professor of Psychology.

Meh.

Nimrod's Son
2009-02-10, 09:38 AM
WHY WOULD THEY WANT IT KNOWN???

I mean Frogs never asked us to check out their cross-dressing lifestyle, did they. We *took* that knowledge.
But if we assume for a minute that frogs and humans could form close friendships with each other, and could communicate effectively, then I'd say it's more than likely that AT LEAST one frog would have mentioned it to its human friends long before science came poking around looking for answers.

And why wouldn't they want it known? If it's a trait of their entire species, it's not exactly something to be ashamed of.

nleseul
2009-02-10, 11:46 AM
Simply saying a different word is "preferred" just smacks of being PC and nothing else.

So if a guy's legal name on his birth certificate was Robert, but he told you that he "preferred" to be called Bob, you'd refuse?

Sholos
2009-02-10, 11:59 AM
So if a guy's legal name on his birth certificate was Robert, but he told you that he "preferred" to be called Bob, you'd refuse?

Completely irrelevant.

Mando Knight
2009-02-10, 01:46 PM

I got a "Completely ambiguous gender, rectangular bodyshape notwithstanding" vibe from Parent.

Wanton Soup
2009-02-10, 02:05 PM
But if we assume for a minute that frogs and humans could form close friendships with each other, and could communicate effectively, then I'd say it's more than likely that AT LEAST one frog would have mentioned it to its human friends long before science came poking around looking for answers.

And why wouldn't they want it known? If it's a trait of their entire species, it's not exactly something to be ashamed of.

You're stating the question, not answering it.

And given the trouble you have asking about how much PAY someone is getting (try asking, "when did you last sh ag your wife?" or "Are you gay?", see if they answer or you "none of your da mn business!!!") what makes you think that we would let someone else (aliens, for example, with their probes that go into unmentionable areas) finding out our innermost sexual physiognomy.

You have merely said "Yes they would".

I say "No, they wouldn't NECESSARILY".

And since they don't know what Sex V is and V is adamantly unaware there's a need to know by ANYONE, we seem to have some evidenciary note of "No" being right.

Oh and why not try this. We can't track you down or out you to your friends and we DO have a rapport going here. So what's your favourite sexual position with your missus? What did you say to her as you came last time?
I mean, at least ONE person would tell us, wouldn't they. And YOU'RE one person.

Are we into photography, sir???
Where's yours.

EDIT

So you don't answer? is that

a) because it's none of my bleeding business
b) irrelevant
c) you're alone

Either of a or b are why the elves may not decide to talk about their sexual nature. It doesn't matter. It's none of your business.

And as for the humans, the girdle of masculinity/femininity is considered to be a CURSED item.

Kinda indicates that these weird monkeys don't like the cross-gender thingy going on. Maybe we won't mention it. We can't change our genetics and they'll act all weird on us.

Making a half-elf with a human? Well, why upset them, the change won't occur for another 85 years and they'll be dead by then or completely uninterested in sex.

Nimrod's Son
2009-02-10, 08:01 PM
You're stating the question, not answering it.

And given the trouble you have asking about how much PAY someone is getting (try asking, "when did you last sh ag your wife?" or "Are you gay?", see if they answer or you "none of your da mn business!!!") what makes you think that we would let someone else (aliens, for example, with their probes that go into unmentionable areas) finding out our innermost sexual physiognomy.
I'm talking about close friends here. I have several gay friends, and I didn't have to ask them to find that out. They volunteered the info themselves. Now I may have other gay friends that I'm unaware of, but that's beside the point. The fact that there are those that did out themselves to me means that, if I didn't know already, I now know that humans are capable of having same-gender relationships.

You have merely said "Yes they would".

I say "No, they wouldn't NECESSARILY".
Fine, but the law of averages is on my side here. Given how closely elves and humans fraternise in this universe, it seems a bit of a stretch to assume that all elves are keeping this big secret.

Oh and why not try this. We can't track you down or out you to your friends and we DO have a rapport going here. So what's your favourite sexual position with your missus? What did you say to her as you came last time?
I mean, at least ONE person would tell us, wouldn't they. And YOU'RE one person.

Are we into photography, sir???
Where's yours.
Well, we're hardly close friends, which was the case in the example I gave, but meh... I'm not currently in a committed relationship, but if I had to pick one position as a general rule-of-thumb (and I do mean had to, 'cause it's all good) then I prefer girl-on-top. As to what I said last time I came... hell, I can't remember; I didn't have a dictaphone running.

Honest answers guv, cross my heart.

So you don't answer? is that

a) because it's none of my bleeding business
b) irrelevant
c) you're alone
No, it's d) I've been out doing other things. Give me a chance, eh? I'm not online 24/7 you know.

You're right it's none of your business, but whatever. I'm far from touchy about these things.

Kinda indicates that these weird monkeys don't like the cross-gender thingy going on. Maybe we won't mention it. We can't change our genetics and they'll act all weird on us.

Making a half-elf with a human? Well, why upset them, the change won't occur for another 85 years and they'll be dead by then or completely uninterested in sex.
See again the law of averages. Heck, you may be right, but it seems like a terribly big assumption to me.