PDA

View Full Version : New PC Race/Template

Rowanomicon
2006-09-25, 08:55 PM
I want to create a PC race, or perhaps a template. The only thing I know for sure is that I want it to have the rage ability, and I want this ability to improve the more HD it gets. I want it to always stay at once a day, except maybe 2 or 3 times as the last imporvement.
Or perhaps it wont have a limit to how many times a day it can use it and it activates involuntarily when the character reaches 0hp or lower (does not activate if character is killed by the blow that first puts them at or below 0hp).
Yeah, how about this for a template:

Base creature stays the same except gains.
-2 Str, -2 Con, -2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha

1-5HD: Rage, Die Hard
6-10HD: Greater Rage
11-15HD: Mighty Rage
16-20 Tireless Rage

Rage
As the Barabarian abilities.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/barbarian.htm
Rage activates whenever the base creature is sent to 0 to -9hp.

Die Hard
As feat. Character gains this even if he does not have the prerequesites. This ability kicks in only when the charcter is in a Rage and is reduced to between -1 and -9

What LA/CR would you say?

Edit1: Also if I can build this into something cool and more complicated I will. But this is the base I want to start with. So if you have an idea or what else to give this race and make it cool or some ideas for fluffy stuff then please post 'em.

Edit5: added Die Hard. This guy aint dyin easily.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#diehard
And stat adjustments.
This template makes you a little weaker most of the time, but a lot better when it gets down to the end.

Edit6: I can't decide whether or not to say:
"When the character comes out of his rage he is at -9hp and stable."
If I don't it make this a "Go out in a blaze of glory" template.
If I do, it makes it more worthwhile because if I don't you basically know that if you do go into a rage you're probably dead unless you take little or no more damage or someone heals you.
I wont, at least not for now.

Caelestion
2006-09-26, 01:02 PM
Well, first edit your post to only show what you want to say!
Basically, we have a race with -2 to everything who, when they're about to die, flip into a Diehard rage? That's a very strange concept.

Rowanomicon
2006-09-26, 07:37 PM
There now it's a cleaner post.
I just realiesed this guy would be exceedingly easy to take out if you just used non-lethal damage.
I might merge this idea with aPrC I'm creating.